Lego

• Thread starter LoudMusic
  • 2,394 comments
Fiddled around with my Can-Am model, made it entirely black, made new rear view mirrors and gave it a windshield. The Can-Am cars back in the 70's all had crazy windshields in all kinds of colors, so the light green panels and the curved windshield work really well IMO. And the doors still work!

Jizbyuo.jpg

B8B9PVe.jpg

zxmnxXU.jpg

I like the details in your models, the seat belts on this one are a really nice touch.

Put the Jaguar set on the reflective glass at work.

rsz_lego_jaguar_speed_champions-1.png
rsz_lego_jaguar_speed_champions-2.png

Tonight I started on the Senna GTR and called it a night after completing bag 1 (of 3). Will aim to finish it tomorrow night so I can shoot it at work before going on the shelves in my office.

Having a 7 year old in the house, these shelves at work are a godsend for displaying the various Lego models I've built over the last few years!

@Awong124 Oh man, the photo of the 911 side by side with the Mustang makes me happy. Really close in scale together. Wasn't sure about the Mustang at first, but the more I see it, the more I wanted one.

Just bought the Mustang from Target, today. Seemed like there was a bit of a drought for a while in terms of Target's Expert Creator sets for a while.

Last edited:
@Awong124 Oh man, the photo of the 911 side by side with the Mustang makes me happy. Really close in scale together. Wasn't sure about the Mustang at first, but the more I see it, the more I wanted one.

Just bought the Mustang from Target, today. Seemed like there was a bit of a drought for a while in terms of Target's Expert Creator sets for a while.
Technically the Porsche should be a little smaller, or the Mustang a little bigger.

The new R2D2 looks cool. I may sell my old one and get it instead.

Jerome

Got another classic Adventurers theme set because I have no self control and I decided that it would be fun to spend a fortune collect more from the series. This one is the Dragon Fortress (7419) from 2003 Orient Expedition line. I have never heard of this set until recently. I suppose by 2003 I was too cool to play with Lego anymore so it passed me by. Thankfully, I am older and not as cool anymore, so I get to collect these. :lol:

51146511706_1430bbd58b_b.jpg

Last edited:
I love those high-res pics of that F40, very nice work!

The line for the R2 was at least 100 people this weekend. I showed up way later than I normally do (showed up at 9am instead of 7am). I was 12th in line. I could only buy one, but I'll start building it today.

Jerome

Thanks! But they're not real photos. They're photorealistic renderings from Bricklink Studio. Pretty good though right? I like building virtual Lego as well as real Lego.

Yep I recognize those pics from Stud.io ;) I never thought of building official Lego sets in Stud.io, I normally just make random stuff in there. Cool idea!

Jerome

Yep I recognize those pics from Stud.io ;) I never thought of building official Lego sets in Stud.io, I normally just make random stuff in there. Cool idea!

Jerome
While I haven't done it myself because I don't have a good enough computer, my brother makes official sets in the program (or a program like it) with different color bricks. For example, a green Creator F40:

51155885504_f12e3c069d_o.png

While I haven't done it myself because I don't have a good enough computer, my brother makes official sets in the program (or a program like it) with different color bricks. For example, a green Creator F40:

51155885504_f12e3c069d_o.png

Funny you should post that, because I made a yellow one too.

Eesh, these haven't come out very well at all. I was expecting the Supra to be awkward, so no surprise there.

The Jesko seems to be the most successful.

Last edited:
Corvette looks good, but would look even better in Competition Orange... the Toyota and McLaren, however, are awful IMO.

I am definitely interested in the Corvettes and the Fords, mostly the Ford GT. I do really like how the C3 looks. The rest I can live without.

The scale of the Speed Champions sets and the general swooshiness of cars has never really worked, IMO. I feel like they'd be a lot more successful (design-wise) if they deliberately picked blocky cars to begin with but as it is I feel like the primary market for the Supra is kids buying their Supra-owning dads a birthday present that he'll pretend to love to spare their feelings.

Is that too harsh?

Back