Lewis Hamilton TT, worth the money or not?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Pearl Jam, Nov 30, 2019.

?

Is it worth it?

1. Yes

186 vote(s)
    72.4%
  2. No

71 vote(s)
    27.6%
  1. opelgt1969

opelgt1969 Premium

If you "hide" Lewis ghost car you can still see time differance between you and him just not his car/banner.

2. oper8or

oper8or

Yeah, I've done that too, but I feel more motivated when chasing.

3. GTjedi99

GTjedi99

I know I'll never diamond but gold will come with some work, the money reward plus supporting pd for all the work they've put into this game is deserving of a yes from me

4. graveltrap

graveltrap

Is it possible to make the result viewable without having to vote please!

sirjim73 likes this.
  5. NAXEHT

NAXEHT

[​IMG]

6. Loverson

Loverson

You can select view results! It won't count as voting so nk need to worry about

7. George Jakob

George Jakob

For me its 50/50 but i had some money (which would've expired soon) so i thought why not.

8. NAXEHT

NAXEHT

I'm a tad curious how you end up at 50/50. What's behind the yes as well as the no for you?

sirjim73 and George Jakob like this.
  9. AlanH49

AlanH49

Almost a week on and I’m addicted.

There’s something very satisfying about chipping tenths off your lap time and improving as a driver.

I hope we see more tracks added to the Hamilton DLC and future Time Trial challenges with other drivers.

seadog777 likes this.
  10. George Jakob

George Jakob

If you are good enough to get that bigger cap and the 100 million or you want to support PD because you have some spare cash go for it but don't do it out of necessity to win credits and cars because then it becomes a Mercedes themed starter pack.

11. daan

daan Moderator

Changed.

sirjim73 and graveltrap like this.
  12. NAXEHT

NAXEHT

Well, the cap is increased at all gold, diamond isn't necessary for that (only for the extra 100,000,000 and the VGT LH) so that should be achievable by quite a few more who might struggle pushing it to diamond.

But yeah, if I was just after credits I wouldn't get it, GT League does that job even if it takes substantially longer that method still works. I instead got it because the challenge itself is very well done, the special car would be really cool to get your hands on, not going to lie about that. It also costs very little and I don't mind supporting Polyphony some extra for the games they've given us and continue to support.

JEverettL and George Jakob like this.
  13. George Jakob

George Jakob

Fair enough :tup: i actually find the diamond gift car lame to be honest.

14. NAXEHT

NAXEHT

The look of it, you mean?

15. George Jakob

George Jakob

No i mean overall its just a VGT with extra bits similar to what we could do until GT6 with GT Auto and a very simple livery is not special enough in my opinion .

16. NAXEHT

NAXEHT

Sure but what other car would you have placed there? Obviously there's also a prestige factor. :D

George Jakob likes this.
  17. George Jakob

George Jakob

Hmmm maybe a Mercedes-ONE LH edition which you would have to get diamond for it until the normal version came to the game a faw months later or actually modify the VGT to make it more worthy.

18. RichiPuppy

RichiPuppy

Not worth it. I got it just to contribute to PD for the things I like in GT but that isn’t a good reason to value something. The only thing I can see using it for is credits if another 20 mil car pops up because my bank account is full right now. Some people on here want to redefine what a micro transaction is to win arguments, saying it is only buying credits. Well, that is what I am using this time trial for.

19. Jubby

Jubby Premium

I started to wonder on this too. One strong discrepancy I see is that the top speed of the C9 is different. This is amply evident down Döttinger Höhe, where I make up time hitting the limiter.

Don't get me wrong, I probably will have a hard time getting the top 2 awards... but they simply look like a formula. It would have been great if they were averages of his total laps. E.g.: gold is his 3 lap average. It seems like (without doing the math) gold is 1% more, rounded, silver 2.5%, and bronze is 5%.

20. fastone371

fastone371

The DLC costs a whole $7, it's hard to not consider it worth the money..

21. MikeV27

MikeV27 Premium

I spend more on coffee per week. A timmy’s large double double is 2.02 ;)

JEverettL and fastone371 like this.
  22. George Jakob

George Jakob

It kind of is considering the prizes make it feel more like a microtransaction.

Wow you must drink a lot of coffee :lol:

23. ynot

ynot

Agree 1000%, so annoying. Just let me keep running laps until I decide to cry uncle and cave in.

raghza likes this.
  24. kilesa4568

kilesa4568

You have to match Hamilton's speed going over the start line and get an equal start to your lap every time.

I like it like that as I only have to nail the last corner once per lap. A nice luxury.

fastone371 and ynot like this.
  25. Jubby

Jubby Premium

However, it's not equal. Suzuka or Interlagos doesnt do it this way, some tracks you're going faster or slower at the line, and in one of the instances you're headed at an off angle compared to Lewis. So, not 100% equal.

ynot likes this.
  26. Kirayama08

Kirayama08

I intend to buy the DLC when I can beat the gold / diamond time by practicing in the time trial.
    The best I could do was silver time on the dragon trail, I didn't think it would be this hard..

ynot likes this.
  27. ZiltoidRacer

ZiltoidRacer

Having bought GTSport (disc) Feb 18 for £17.99 and all the free updates to the game since, i bought the Lewis Hamilton Time Trial sight unseen to support my fav game since Feb 18.

Having sprained my wrist last week, today will be the 1st time i can try it out.

ynot and fastone371 like this.
  28. cjr3559

cjr3559 Premium

If I purchase this DLC someday it would be for credit farming. Nothing more.

I could probably gold most of these with some practice, so I have to decide if spending $7 is worth 10 million credits.

If beating the diamond/platinum times was even a remote possibility, then yes, $7 is worth the 100mil credits.

Otherwise, from my previous experience with PD TT’s, they are usually screamingly tedious, aggravating, and not worth the effort.

bongoplyr likes this.
  29. opelgt1969

opelgt1969 Premium

You have raised a very good question with your comment, did Lewis do these TT with single laps like we have to do or did he do them like in regular TT where he can get a good rhythm going that we can't.

ynot likes this.
  30. kjeldsen

kjeldsen

I silvered everything, got 2 cars (could sell one of those i already bought) so a cool 5.300.000 credits and some much needed new challenges.
    I would like to get the rest of the stuff, but honestly that will not happen :)

fastone371 likes this.