Like/dislike

Broken or completely missing dashboards.

Inaccurate car models.
Inaccurate tracks.
Lack of system link support.
various other game breaking glitches (FM3 completely destroyed one of my HDD's)
Huge load times.

The list goes on. How anyone gave this game a perfect rating is beyond me.

This,additionally:

-Graphical/physics glitches
-lack of pit animations
-no system link(hurts a lot for championships and local lan play parties)
-lack of dirt tracks
-lack of open wheel cars
-lack of variety(just road cars in the same reused locations)
-lack of new locations(just Montserrat,sedona and cataluña as new tracks)
-Endurance races glitches(going first,pitted then overtaken then overtake others while they pit and still 6th?)
-lack of more photomode options
-lack of strong online features(championships and hot lapping like FM2)
-lack of city tracks
-lack of night tracks
-unbalanced modification upgrades(the datsun thing)
-Damage(not too different from FM2 and way behind from damage in dirt and shift)
-DLC(its model and DLC itself,I bought FM3 in close launch date and now I have to pay ms points for extra cars while newer users get all the content for the same price,that is punishment for old users,specially with 3 months packs with cool car that should be in the game in the first place(GT-R for example))

Apart from that,I like FM3 customization for Japanese cars and Fujimi kaido track,that is why I play it once in a while,but the track editor from GT always puts me out of FM3.

Last edited:
Comparing FM3 to GT5 and forgetting another bullet point?

Lack of several year development time. It could be argued you'd not have many premium cars in GT5 at all if Sony forced them into a two-year time frame.

Like: car selection, campaign, rewind, ability to switch car engine, livery (ability to fully paint cars), and the list goes on....

Dislike: only 8 players online

How long did you play it for?

A couple months. Played FM2 for atleast a year.

Obviously not long enough to notice that the cars were given interiors from fm2 to fm3...oddly enough the default camera view the first time you drive is the cockpit cam.....So an educated guess would put his total play time at not enought to start a race or driving event.

The first car you drive is a Red Audi R8 V10. That's one of the cars with a working dash.

Many race cars (most of the ones that you're awarded actually) have no working dashboards and plenty of the road cars have broken ones such as the Ford GT's speed dial turning on 2 axis' as the speed climbs to the point you cannot see the needle. Since I always race in the cockpit cam, I just cannot use that car.

Every car in FM3 has a cockpit view. Every one. What might not work is the gauges.

Innacurate car and track models? Real enough for me but... GT5 also follows suit on this one. I have one of the most infamous ones, a premium Audi R8 5.2 V10 with the V8 engine modeled.

Lack of system link? Not sure on this one. I believe you are right if you are referring to LAN connectivity.

What game breaking glitches though? If your HDD failed it's the HDD failing. Not FM3 breaking your HDD.

Huge load times... not any worse than GT5s.

I still don't see any lists here... I wouldn't rate the game perfect, but it deserved it's high score. You might not like it though but overall all the media outlets and gamers (not fanboys) agreed.

Please tell me where I compared FM3's failings to GT5? That's right, I didn't.

I didn't think people would have such a hard time connecting Dashboard to the instrument cluster.

As for the car and track models, the Nurburgring has been way off since FM1, all they have done since then is adjust the scaling of it and all of the poorly modeled cars from FM1 and FM2 still have the same modelling issues in FM3.

System Link = LAN

One of FM3's many glitches corrupts your game save (more often then not because it crashes while loading and saving) and that's exactly what happens to me except it corrupted the whole HDD and then 1 week later the HDD was completely dead.

The load times are huge and again, I never compared it to GT5 so GTFO.

Comparing FM3 to GT5 and forgetting another bullet point?

Lack of several year development time. It could be argued you'd not have many premium cars in GT5 at all if Sony forced them into a two-year time frame.

Sorry for giving an opinion,besides nobody consider other features from other games and improvements that other games have done before,like damage for example which is not right and is not as it should be, specially when they make damage since 2005.

and I forgot loading times,which are slower than shift,dirt and even lfs.

BTW:mods the threads is sliding into the FM vs GT again,no surprise there.

Last edited:
Please tell me where I compared FM3's failings to GT5? That's right, I didn't.

I didn't think people would have such a hard time connecting Dashboard to the instrument cluster.

As for the car and track models, the Nurburgring has been way off since FM1, all they have done since then is adjust the scaling of it and all of the poorly modeled cars from FM1 and FM2 still have the same modelling issues in FM3.

System Link = LAN

One of FM3's many glitches corrupts your game save (more often then not because it crashes while loading and saving) and that's exactly what happens to me except it corrupted the whole HDD and then 1 week later the HDD was completely dead.

The load times are huge and again, I never compared it to GT5 so GTFO.

You said, and I quote..
That's telling me something isn't working right, i.e. broken, like not working gauges and I'll agree, or that there are cars without dashboards, i.e. completely missing dashboards. Not sure what version of the English language equates missing dashboards to not working cluster but they are not the same. Maybe instead of replying like a smartass you can chime in and state something the way you mean it to be stated? Just a thought :sly:

Every game that models a car from scratch or ports over info to the next iteration doesn't nail it all the time. The cars look great to me as is and I know what I'm looking at. I don't need to have the devs model a car to the micron level for me to be happy, nor do I care if they waste time modeling the back seats of a car nor how many slats a grill has. If it looks good and looks like what it's supposed to look like, then I'm all for it. A rabbit gti looks like a rabbit gti. An enzo looks like an enzo. I brought up GT5 because their premium cars, noted to be of the best modeled car models in a game, has the wrong engine in the Audi R8 V10. Even 'the best of the best' gets it wrong.

I have NEVER heard of this magical game breaking save to HDD glitch that you mentioned. Usually the blame isn't the game, but rather reality... an HDD going bad. Nice of you to point the issue at Forza...
Please list some of these 'many glitches' you are referring to cuz this is all new to me.

Load times aren't the best but if comparing it to other games you can see they aren't that bad at all, so GTFO yourself chief :crazy:

This,additionally:

-Graphical/physics glitches
-lack of pit animations
-no system link(hurts a lot for championships and local lan play parties)
-lack of dirt tracks
-lack of open wheel cars
-lack of variety(just road cars in the same reused locations)
-lack of new locations(just Montserrat,sedona and cataluña as new tracks)
-Endurance races glitches(going first,pitted then overtaken then overtake others while they pit and still 6th?)
-lack of more photomode options
-lack of strong online features(championships and hot lapping like FM2)
-lack of city tracks
-lack of night tracks
-unbalanced modification upgrades(the datsun thing)
-Damage(not too different from FM2 and way behind from damage in dirt and shift)
-DLC(its model and DLC itself,I bought FM3 in close launch date and now I have to pay ms points for extra cars while newer users get all the content for the same price,that is punishment for old users,specially with 3 months packs with cool car that should be in the game in the first place(GT-R for example))

Apart from that,I like FM3 customization for Japanese cars and Fujimi kaido track,that is why I play it once in a while,but the track editor from GT always puts me out of FM3.

So much fail in one post. Who would have thought it possible?

I will start with my history, I have played GT1,GT2,GT3,GT4, Forza 2, and Forza 3 in that order.

So I was attached to Forza 3, when I started playing GT5. There is many things I like on both consoles. I am bought FM3 on release date and I am currently a level 50 on FM3 and A-Spec level 24 (still new ).

Forza 3 (Good)
Online play
Paint jobs
Solid list of cars
DLC car packs (other then the cost)
Lap times per track per class ( Major Plus to me, I love being in the top %1)
Easier to get any car (dont have to shop used/online dealership)
Lots of races
Damage
Easy to play with friends. (note, I havent played gt5 with friends online yet)
Variable AI racing ( raced on medium or hard)

Forza 3 (Bad)
AWD
AWD
AWD (Totally annoying since I love RWD)
No Night
No Weather
No Rally
Instant quick sand

Gran Tursimo 5 (good)
Lots of cars
Night
Weather
Rally
Driving Graphics
Music (most of the time)

Gran Tursimo 5(bad)
Hard to find certain cars from user/online dealership ( I like the option to buy them new without having to search for them)
Lots of slow cars I dont care about.
Slow Menus
Online racing difficult ( to many custom games setup)
Car upgrades can be confusing
To many concepts cars to be realistic
B-Spec(not sure if I am a huge fan of this yet, more personal opinion then anything else )
Car Shadows on the starting of races = something totally wrong.

Right now on Forza I am ranked 1605 on the circut leaderboards and I am about 70% done with the game. I think I am leaning toward FM3 being a little geared toward me, however both are great games in there own way. I am planning on playing both games for quite a while.

Bogie 19th
Agreed. I nearly crapped my pants the first time I looked back in GT and saw the back seat. Hellz yeah.

Shouldn't be hard. After all it's basically symmetrical and not nearly as detailed as a dashboard etc.

Well, that's the review I posted in 2009 when the game came out.

My first review.

I bought this game about a week ago, the limited collector's edition, I played it quite often on my limited free time so I decided to review it. Like everyone here, I am a car nut/fanatic/autosexual. The only games I play are racing games and the only thing I talk about is cars, but don't expect me to like all car games, simulation or not, just because I am a car freak.

Presentation - 8/10

When I first saw the cover, I thought it looked quite nice. It's simple, and yet very professional. The menus, although a bit dull, are quite well-organized and easy to use, not to mention clean and bright which makes everything clear and easy to read. The intro is excellent, I love the grid lineup screen, and even the loading screen will shower you with tips, facts, and car history information. Other than the plain look, the presentation is spot-on.

Graphics - 8/10

The car meshes in the game are very well done and the tracks look absolutely gorgeous. The attention to detail is absolutely sublime, from the rims, to the headlights, and to the beautifully detailed interiors of each car. The downside is the shading, which seems to have been one of Forza 2's main drawback. The shading and reflections are a bit odd and unnatural. Also, I don't know why they couldn't work on the hand movements a bit more, like the shifting. When changing gear, both of the driver's hands remain on the steering wheel, as if the car were an automatic. All in all, though, incredible.

Sound - 9.5/10

This is probably one of Forza 3's best quality. Each car sounds very close to their real-life counterpart. The turbo and supercharger sounds are awesome, as are the engine sounds of each car. The music track list is very good. There are very few songs that I dislike in that list and, finally, you can listen to the soundtrack while racing. Tire screeches are great and the cheering crowd is a big bonus, and the crashing sounds are top notch aswell. Now, if only they'd get rid of that annoying guy explaining everything every time you try to do something. For example, if you go to apply decals and vinyls, you always have to wait for the guy to finish his sentence before starting, which gets on my nerves.

Physics - 9/10

Excellent. There's no other word. The physics of this game are almost too good. It's even better than Forza 2's old game physics, which were spectacularly good. The way a car behaves depending on engine location and drive type are very accurate. The tire physics are sublime and the way the car behaves upon wall impact is very realistic. I love the clutch feature and the fact that you have to blip the throttle yourself when driving on manual w/ clutch. My only complaint is that the cars are too easy to flip. I once flipped a 911 GT1 three times in the same corner on the Nurburgring. What are the chances that a car with such a low center of gravity flip thrice in a row... unless there's a ramp. Also, sometimes it seems like the tracks are too smooth, and it seems like the car is riding on a magic carpet. Other than that, the physics are top notch.

Gameplay and features - 10/10

Honestly, there are so many races and so many features in this game that I had no idea where to start. The amount of cars and tracks are more than enough to keep me occupied for a few months and the career is very well-presented and crammed full of events. The customization is complete and the vinyl/decal/paint feature is almost flawless.

Overall - 9.5/10

I highly recommend this game to all car nuts out there. Out of all racing games I've ever played, this is the best I've played so far, and that's coming from a Gran Turismo fanboy.

In short, I didn't find many cons about this game, and some of the cons, such as the hand movements, were fixed in a later update.

Now I compare it to GT5. Lack of Group C, no rallying, and the original tracks are not as good. But it almost completely crushes GT5 in some areas, like the sounds and customization.

What do I like about Forza? The fact that there's 400 cars without 30 Skylines, 70 Civics and 40 Evos, the fact that the cars sound like they do in real life, the fact that the AI isn't wooden and unbelievably predictable, and the fact that you can play it with a controller and a wheel with equal fun factor. Of course, there's the great physics, the myriad of customization options, and the ability to gauge telemetry on the fly.

I had difficulty coming up with something I didn't like about Forza until recently, when I got an Xbox live gamertag. Now I can't switch my savegame (with about 70-odd cars, fully customized and with mostly custom setups) to online. Which blows. But honestly, that's it.

I'm not seeing it, enlighten me.

Don't worry about Dee. Trolls don't enlighten people, they entertain. He does it in spades. Look at his post history. 90% of his posts are in the Forza section badgering Forza.

So much fail in one post. Who would have thought it possible?

The only "fail" here is the fact that you make no attempt to challenge even one of his perfectly legitimate points. You've been cautioned by staff twice now for your habit of making aggressive replies to posts criticising FM3 with nothing in the way of facts to back yourself up. Perhaps I'll stop "badgering" Forza's physics when you start giving evidence for your frankly ludicrous opinions on the subject.

So no dislike opinions in a like/dislike thread?
That is quite funny actually.

No specific order:

Dislike:

1. Non-working gauges on IP in many of the R series cars
2. No pit choices, it's all or nothing
3. Lack of wheel support
4. Drag features feel tacked on
5. Graphics are not as good as promised
6. Silver Xbox Live members cannot use auction house/store front
7. Only 8 cars on the field
8. Photomode compresses photos when uploading to Forza site
9. No qualification feature
10. Video recording/editing is as slow as molasses when capturing from replay

1. Physics
2. Tracks
3. Cars
4. Livery editor
5. Career
6. Online multiplayer
7. Tuning/Parts/Swaps
8. DLC
9. Store Front for buying tunes, livery, cars, images and videos
10. Graphics

2. No pit choices, it's all or nothing
3. Lack of wheel support
10. Video recording/editing is as slow as molasses when capturing from replay

Number 2 is a big one for me too. It would make my multiplayer ALMS races that much more intriguing. Also would like to see a slider for adjusting fuel/tire usage.

Number 3 can't really be put on Forza itself as the console just doesn't support additional wheels

Number 10 is the one that I agree with but since nobody else is even giving us this option I tend to say "Let me not bite the hand that feels me" LOL. I just wish we could skip the uploading process. The rendering is what it is but the uploading is a step that could be eliminated from the process as far as I'm concerned. But I'm just glad it's in there in any case. (Even though the damn servers seem to be down for a while now)

Its not the fact that T10 couldn't model these things. It is the fact that the Xbox 360 is not powerful enough and ceases to be able cram all of that **** into one DVD. Besides if Turn 10 is making you people fight about GT5 & Forza this is telling us something. All of these people on this website (Forum) are listing features of GT5. So this isn't a thread of what people dislike about the game , it is just a bash and a fight. So I reccomend that this thread to be locked before people start fighting. Damn trolls.

PS: Bogie 19th , Do you eat , and sleep on this Forum section because nearly every post has a reply by you. Just saying. Also do you even have a Xbox 360 ?

PS: Bogie 19th , Do you eat , and sleep on this Forum section because nearly every post has a reply by you. Just saying. Also do you even have a Xbox 360 ?

1. Yes, I eat on this forum
2. Yes, I sleep on this forum
3. No, I don't have an Xbox 360

and before you ask..

4. I do not own, nor have I ever played Forza

Its not the fact that T10 couldn't model these things. It is the fact that the Xbox 360 is not powerful enough and ceases to be able cram all of that **** into one DVD. Besides if Turn 10 is making you people fight about GT5 & Forza this is telling us something. All of these people on this website (Forum) are listing features of GT5. So this isn't a thread of what people dislike about the game , it is just a bash and a fight. So I reccomend that this thread to be locked before people start fighting. Damn trolls.

Agree,but in the upper part,Bogie 19th is a die hard fan,there is no guilt or fail in that, obviously if you bash something you don't like,you get a response from someone who really likes it.

And as far as dislikes or likes goes,I don't see why stuff that isn't in the game should be excluded from the list,My mayor dislike of FM3 is almost everything,as I said before FM2 was a terrific game that was ruined by its sequel,and FM4 doesn't seem too far from there.

One of the mayor faults is for example the DLC model,which is a pain in the ass,you pay $60 for the full game,then people who buys the game latter don't have to pay for any additional DLC while you buy the thing at pre order and still have to pay for more content,that means create a life gold or silver profile,then buy MS points to buy the DLC,which at the time contained the GT-R,car that was included in prologue 2 years back,in NFS pro street one year and almost all racing games back in 2009,I can keep going with the different cars that should be in the first place,that were deliver as DLC and you have to pay additionally for.

I consider this a slap on the face for any Forza fan,or regular FM player.

I am a die hard Forza, GT and Race Pro fan because I love cars, I love racing and I love games. I see no shame in that.

FM4 looks to be raising the bar yet again, which is great news.

The close races, although I tend to be in the middle of normal and hard ai.
The amount of events.

Dislikes:
The freakishly smooth tracks.
Not enough historic race cars.
The lack of anything extra, I miss all the extras from GT5 like licenses, karts, etc.
The need for the clutch peddle button.

I don't understand how using a clutch instead of a clutchless manual supposed to be faster. Plus the vanishingly small real fast cars with a clutch now a days. You can get a clutch in some of the supercars today, but you have to know you are going to be a lot slower than somebody with a clutchless manual.

The close races, although I tend to be in the middle of normal and hard ai.
The amount of events.

Dislikes:
Not enough historic race cars.
The lack of anything extra, I miss all the extras from GT5 like licenses, karts, etc.
The need for the clutch peddle button.

I don't understand how using a clutch instead of a clutchless manual supposed to be faster. Plus the vanishingly small real fast cars with a clutch now a days. You can get a clutch in some of the supercars today, but you have to know you are going to be a lot slower than somebody with a clutchless manual

I noticed this in the game early on. Alot of people don't notice this because it's not a HUGE advantage as if you're making a dude who uses clutchless look like he's standing still but it IS there. I think we all know the reason for this however. It's to reward the guy who goes all out assists off and does everything himself. That being said some cars are EXTREMELY difficult to drive this way.

On the flip side I can honestly say I think so cars don't seem to benefit from it too much as opposed to the extra work involved. Most times it's on the straight , and a long one, where you'll see the benefit however.

I've thought long and hard about this myself. I don't know if I like it or not. I understand from a gameplay career thing where you want to get the 100% bonus it would suck if a dude using aids had a clear advantage over you thereby killing any reason for using a clutch in certain cars. But you also want it to be real.

Just to clarify to people, you don't "need" to use the clutch in the game but those who do you use it get an advantage mainly at the top end. If you're fumbling around and not working smoothly with it then it will just hurt you more than help, if any help at all.

Inaccurate car models.

Inaccurate tracks.

Lack of system link support.

various other game breaking glitches (FM3 completely destroyed one of my HDD's)

Huge load times.

The list goes on. How anyone gave this game a perfect rating is beyond me.

there's some 25 broken dashboards. the current retail release of the game has just over 500 cars. almost no games today support system link, as it's been almost entirely replaced by online gaming. there's about 10 cars with slight inaccuracies in the game, and again, 500 cars. not sure what inaccurate tracks you're talking about, never heard of it "completely destroying" an HDD, either.

I'll give you the huge load times, that's a massive frustration, even if the same does go for GT5 and shift 2. it's almost unacceptable that those type of load times have become sort of standard.

porsche 9146
it's almost unacceptable that those type of load times have become sort of standard.

This sentance contradicts itself. I am not disagreeing though, the load times of current games is beyond rediculous. But when you are dealing with hi res textures, rediculously detailed high poly models and complex physics....what can ya do.

Back