Like/dislike

Like: Cars lineup, car physics in general with Fanatec wheel, drivetrain effect (try to upshift that ZR-1 mid corner to understand) engine sounds,tire sounds and crash sounds (the best really...) artificial intelligence of cpu racers on HARD, 75% of the tracks, complete customizing.

Dislike: RWD cars too easy to drive except the most powerfull race cars (even without ASM, you have to be VERY sloppy to loose control, although it will scrap your lap time), cockpit view botched, lighting not as good as other racers, replay graphics and animation just ugly and not true to life.

Not trying to come off as a fanboy here.

Likes: Pretty much nothing. Hardly a step up from FM2 except a little bit in physics and car counts.

Dislikes: Most of it. Worst things are the online play (woohoo, I got booted because I'm faster then everyone else!), lack of system link, unpolished in game graphics, forced assists and AI to easy to beat.

Likes: Pretty much nothing. Hardly a step up from FM2 except a little bit in physics and car counts.

Dislikes: Most of it. Worst things are the online play (woohoo, I got booted because I'm faster then everyone else!), lack of system link, unpolished in game graphics, forced assists and AI to easy to beat.

Likes "Nothing"? You can't even give it props for being a complete game?

Likes: Car list, online play, livery editor/customization, storefront, track list, plenty of events and season play, car models.

Dislikes: Not enough different challenges; only races, rewind button, AI on "Normal" is too easy and on "Hard" too difficult sometimes.

What do the standard controller users think of the steering sensitivity/control? I too just picked up Forza 3 and find the steering is very twitchy on the faster cars. Is there a sweat spot in the adjustments?

FyreandIce: ''Not trying to come off as a fanboy here.''

You don't even have to try don't you...:rolleyes:

I mean, you could not give one good point to a game that has received tons of good reviews and that is acclaimed by thousands...

Pros: I just swapped a 5.0L V8 into my Ford Focus RS, downloaded several vinyl packages from very talented artists, actually had challenging competition with the AI, could paint any car any color I wanted for free, tons and tons of upgrade and customization options, PORSCHE, and tons of DLC.

Cons: Graphics are not as good as GT5 (but still damn good), and physics are not as good as GT5 (but still realistic with all aids off).

I just rented it today so I have barley scratched the surface. But after a couple of hours of gameplay I definitely think I will be picking up a used copy to play until: 1- DLC is released for GT5 and/or 2- FM4 is released!

A must rent at the very least.

I have both GT5 and FM3

I have to say though I'm losing focus with GT5 it just doest feel right and I dont know what it is.

but forza 3 ***in my opinion*** isnt as good as forza 2 in quite a few aspects, for example I like the american muscle cars, the old ones. and in forza 2 you could make them competitive but when fm3 came out they destroyed them by making them slower and heavier. thats just my opinion :D

FyreandIce: ''Not trying to come off as a fanboy here.''

You don't even have to try don't you...:rolleyes:

I mean, you could not give one good point to a game that has received tons of good reviews and that is acclaimed by thousands...

Little fact you might want to know, the only racing sim games I have are Forza games.

Also, how many of those reviews completely ignored huge issues with the game? A vast majority.

Likes: Basically, the whole package, but especially that it's the only game of this type where it feels intuitive to how I drive a car. Maybe I'm just quite adept at driving cars quickly, but I've never really felt great difficulty in driving a new car quickly and the same can be said in Forza. Using Shift 2 as an example, it was pretty alien because you can't lean on the car's tyres to any great degree because they don't seem to be doing anything. People say FM3's tyres are too grippy, but in spirited road driving, I've rarely overloaded the tyres unintentionally and of the few times it's happened, only once was I unable to bring it back under control (snap oversteer).

Dislikes: Photo uploads being heavily compressed in a lousy JPEG setting. PNG would be much better. The file system is pretty broken, especially as it bogs down after a couple of months worth of files.

Likes: Basically, the whole package, but especially that it's the only game of this type where it feels intuitive to how I drive a car. Maybe I'm just quite adept at driving cars quickly, but I've never really felt great difficulty in driving a new car quickly and the same can be said in Forza. Using Shift 2 as an example, it was pretty alien because you can't lean on the car's tyres to any great degree because they don't seem to be doing anything. People say FM3's tyres are too grippy, but in spirited road driving, I've rarely overloaded the tyres unintentionally and of the few times it's happened, only once was I unable to bring it back under control (snap oversteer).

Dislikes: Photo uploads being heavily compressed in a lousy JPEG setting. PNG would be much better. The file system is pretty broken, especially as it bogs down after a couple of months worth of files.
👍

The game as a whole which is not something I can say about its main competitor...
Graphics - seriously, they look fine. Yeah, the cars don't look as good as GT5's premiums, but they don't look like crap either. They look just as good or better than most other racing games this generation.
The tire model - The way they flex and degrade in real time is awesome.
Making my car look how I want it to
Engine swaps
Upgrading is real parts from real manufatures and the pirces are all different. Unlike standard prices and generic upgrade like some other game gives you...
Many of the cars not available in the "other" game
Circuit de Catalunya - I love this track

Dislike:
On track car count, 8 cars does not feel like a race on the longer tracks.
The fantasy tracks
Lack of wheel support, it really bugs me that if I wanted to use a wheel I'd need to hunt down a discontinued one or buy a very expensive Fanatec.

Dislike:
On track car count, 8 cars does not feel like a race on the longer tracks.
The fantasy tracks
Lack of wheel support, it really bugs me that if I wanted to use a wheel I'd need to hunt down a discontinued one or buy a very expensive Fanatec.

This. Even though I played through FM2 and most of FM3 with a controller, now that I've played other racing games with a Logitech wheel, I have no real want to play racing games with a controller anymore. I did find a used MS wheel, and it didn't even compare in terms of FFB, so I immediately turned around and sold it. I really wish there was a more affordable option than the Fanatec GT2 for the xbox.

MadCatz has a wheel out now. Pretty much picked up where the M$ wheel left off. Don't know how good it is. I've heard some say it's pretty good then others say blah.

MadCatz has a wheel out now. Pretty much picked up where the M$ wheel left off. Don't know how good it is. I've heard some say it's pretty good then others say blah.

Their newest wheel doesn't even have force feedback though. I'll have to pass.

It's about as good as the MS wheel was, but that isn't saying much.

like (when directly comparing to GT5): porsches, 500 cars that are 75 percent quality instead of 200 that are 100 percent quality and 800 that are 25 percent quality, customization, community, sharing abilities, ALMS cars, DTM cars, stock cars, V8 supercars and more.

dislike (when directly comparing to GT5): slightly worse physics, slightly worse graphics (when compared to premiums on new tracks), only 8 cars on the track and no weather, night racing, open-wheeled cars or offroad tracks.

Which huge issues are you referring to?

Broken or completely missing dashboards.

Inaccurate car models.

Inaccurate tracks.

Lack of system link support.

various other game breaking glitches (FM3 completely destroyed one of my HDD's)

Huge load times.

The list goes on. How anyone gave this game a perfect rating is beyond me.

The same way GT5 got good scores that carried over inaccurate cars from GT4?

I'm not slating one or the other, but it tends to happen when computer modeling cars without using laser scanning. Just be thankful that both studios can now invest time and effort into using that method than modeling them from reference photos.

FyreandIce

How long did you play it for?

How long did you play it for?

Obviously not long enough to notice that the cars were given interiors from fm2 to fm3...oddly enough the default camera view the first time you drive is the cockpit cam.....So an educated guess would put his total play time at not enought to start a race or driving event.

Broken or completely missing dashboards.

Inaccurate car models.

Inaccurate tracks.

Lack of system link support.

various other game breaking glitches (FM3 completely destroyed one of my HDD's)

Huge load times.

The list goes on. How anyone gave this game a perfect rating is beyond me.

Every car in FM3 has a cockpit view. Every one. What might not work is the gauges.

Innacurate car and track models? Real enough for me but... GT5 also follows suit on this one. I have one of the most infamous ones, a premium Audi R8 5.2 V10 with the V8 engine modeled.

Lack of system link? Not sure on this one. I believe you are right if you are referring to LAN connectivity.

What game breaking glitches though? If your HDD failed it's the HDD failing. Not FM3 breaking your HDD.

Huge load times... not any worse than GT5s.

I still don't see any lists here... I wouldn't rate the game perfect, but it deserved it's high score. You might not like it though but overall all the media outlets and gamers (not fanboys) agreed.

I like the fact that you can upload your replays into files that you can edit on your computer. Just hope the method is a little better than what they have now. Hopefully they'll let you be able to take the vids straight to a file that you can move to USB drive.

Likes: The game is addicting. I cannot go 1 week w/o doing something in it.

The driving is fairly easy to get the hang of, but tough to master...

Dislikes: 3rd version of the game and all of the tracks from FM1 aren't present.

Lack of track DLC... Nurburgring was nice but others are nowhere to be found.

The lack of seasonal change for Maple Vally. Lets see it green!

Fujimi Kaido not having the base section of the course... WHY???

Cannot access/ create more routes on tracks even though the asphalt is completely modled.

Microsofts lack of FFB wheel options. I want something better but I only have one source that is compatable with the 360. (not really a game fault)

Lack of research into what fits on each car. Some cars like the 2005 Mustang can only fit 275s where a 2005 GT500 can fit 315's... Hello! They are the same freaking car!!!

Outdated/out of fasion body kits J's Racing? Bomex but no simple lips and skirting or wide body kits.

Wheel fitment is a big fat failure. Put a "deep dish" wheel and tire combination on a car and the tires never extend to or past the body of the car. It's like the suspension moves further inboard when you use a deeper wheel.

Pitstops are a joke. Can repair a grenaded engine and R&R your suspension in less than a minute, but cannot double stint tires, short fill fuel, adjust/replace aero...

No audio differences to the engine, no matter what you do. (don't know if GT5 has this problem. I ony play FM3.

Only 8 players on line. I wish it were 12 or higher...

Love:
- sound and feeling of bottoming out, or driving on bumpy terrain
- competitiveness of every race on "Expert" in Career regardless of which car I choose
- dashboard view, and the way the clutch and damage works
- to an extent, almost everything except the stuff mentioned below and any inaccuracies that exist

Don't love:
- lack of controller button mapping freedom
- how difficult the shadows and camera angles make it to paint directly on a car
- unable to import Forza 2 designs
- the photo export JPEG compression is awful.
- movie clipping functionality is awful compared to Halo's
- no weather/atmosphere on the tracks

Like. Pretty much everything!

Dislike? I miss all the tracks that I loved from GT. I'll never forget the first time I played GT1 on the PS1. It set the bar for years! I played all the way to GT4 but then eventually I jumped ship and bought an Xbox 360.
I'm ashamed to say I haven't even played GT5 yet but I know when I do I will once again race on my true love, Trail Mountain! Please tell me it's still going!
Is there a track list on this site please?

EDIT: I just went and found a track list, I'm going to to make it my Business to beg borrow or steal a PS3 and GT5. Every one of my favourite tracks was there! Deep Forest, Grand Valley Speedway, Cote De Azuur?? (spelling??) All the Special Stages... I need them in my life again...!

Last edited:
- dashboard view, and the way the clutch and damage works

This one I took for granted till I played GT5. This drains ALL fun from GT5 and realism. Every clutch I've operated feels like what FM3 portrays. I've driven nothing that feels like GT5's clutch. Not saying there's nothing out there that feels like it but I DO know the cars that are in the game that I've personally driven feels nothing like it. I also like if you mess up your shifts you'll mess up your clutch in the game.

Back