Like/dislike

One of the mayor faults is for example the DLC model,which is a pain in the ass,you pay $60 for the full game,then people who buys the game latter don't have to pay for any additional DLC while you buy the thing at pre order and still have to pay for more content,that means create a life gold or silver profile,then buy MS points to buy the DLC,which at the time contained the GT-R,car that was included in prologue 2 years back,in NFS pro street one year and almost all racing games back in 2009,I can keep going with the different cars that should be in the first place,that were deliver as DLC and you have to pay additionally for.

FM2 introduced the DLC model to the forza series.

So given that they both operated on the DLC model. Was it soley the matchmaking and hoppers that killed FM3 for you? I mean

Graphics FM3>FM2
Car selection FM3>FM2
Single player FM3>FM2
Customisation are about the same
Physics FM3>FM2 especially with the introduction of the new tyre physics.
multiplayer FM2>FM3

So unless the only thing you care about in a game is the mp arangement.Or im missing something. FM3 on paper is a better game than FM2?

Like :) -
Car sounds
Depth of Car Customisation
Variety of new cars

Dislike :grumpy: -
AI can be quite dumb (entering a corner side by side and you will get bashed off the track like your not there)

AI medium difficulty is way to easy. Whereas on hard they drive like perfect racing robots.

Lack of track variety (FM1 tracks would fix this)

Career is very dull. Season play forces you to do races you don't want to do. Event list makes career into a check-list to complete.

Point 2 Point Races ruined by heats. replaying every track 3 times :grumpy:

Physics with a controller feel quite outdated now (after a lot of time with gt5 with a DS3). Physics feel fine with a wheel though.

FM2 introduced the DLC model to the forza series.

So given that they both operated on the DLC model. Was it soley the matchmaking and hoppers that killed FM3 for you? I mean

Graphics FM3>FM2
Car selection FM3>FM2
Single player FM3>FM2
Customisation are about the same
Physics FM3>FM2 especially with the introduction of the new tyre physics.
multiplayer FM2>FM3

So unless the only thing you care about in a game is the mp arangement.Or im missing something. FM3 on paper is a better game than FM2?

On paper yes,in practice no.

From several consideration that can be atributed to FM3 failure over fm2,which are the rewind feature and some of the driving physics,with the adition of the rewind feature players now can be as bad as they can and still win races,use the features for impruving the faster laps and alter the leaderboards using this features,players online do not loger care about racing properly and they smash very frecuentlyagains others,and drivng physics are spoiledby a constant driving aid always active that cannot be turn off,like the active stering from GT but without the offsetting,so yep,apart from the MP model FM3 fails against FM2 in many more areas.

From several consideration that can be atributed to FM3 failure over fm2

FM3 was substantially improved over FM2 in just about every area, except online.

which are the rewind feature and some of the driving physics,with the adition of the rewind feature players now can be as bad as they can and still win races,use the features for impruving the faster laps

Rewind is optional. If you don't like rewind, don't use it like the rest of us that choose not to. Just like...don't restart a race over and over if you don't do well. Nobody is forcing anyone to use restart race or rewind. But it never hurts to have more options for others.

and alter the leaderboards using this features,players online do not loger care about racing properly

Rewind does not alter the leaderboards. People that are using rewind are separated by the people that choose not to use rewind on the leaderboards.

and they smash very frecuentlyagains others

True, and true in any racing game.

and drivng physics are spoiledby a constant driving aid always active that cannot be turn off,like the active stering from GT but without the offsetting,so yep,apart from the MP model FM3 fails against FM2 in many more areas.

Physics in FM3 are night and day improved over FM2.

I like EVERYTHING but the following.

No active aero, some shadows are too dark, no back fire, not enough tire smoke, no wheelies if you have a big power muscle car (small drag wheelies), the fact I have to spend 30 bux to drive the SLS and LFA despite buying ALL the DLC but 2 and AI cars should be random and upgraded a little.

DLC adds to the game. Today's GT game was originally planned to be ALL DLC. I'm glad they didn't go this route but I fully welcome PD bringing DLC, even if it's paid. DLC in Forza games work. It adds more cars and tracks to the game. The only real gripe I had was how T10 handled the Nurburgring GP DLC for FM3. It wasn't integrated into the single player career and can be used only online in private races with those who have the track DLC or time trials.

Very true. I didn't like how they didn't have it connected with the main Ring either. But you could setup a private online race and plug in CPU players if you wanted to so at least that option was there.

What do you like and dislike about forza 3

Like:
Essentially everything, except for what will appear specifically in the "dislikes".

Dislike:
  • Physics engine. It's not as bad as GT fanboys pretend it to be, but it still isn't quite GT.
  • Lack of night and rain.
  • That the Nurburgring Nordschleife isn't scaled properly (a bit larger, meaning longer total length, wider track, and larger turns).
  • Track surfaces are too even.

Rewind is optional. If you don't like rewind, don't use it like the rest of us that choose not to. Just like...don't restart a race over and over if you don't do well. Nobody is forcing anyone to use restart race or rewind. But it never hurts to have more options for others.
There is a big difference in restarting a race (especially endurance races) and unlimited rewind. Even reviewers noted that it hard to resist not using a rewind after running a long race and get bumped by the AI near the end. Unlimited rewind is like having unlimited healing and ammo in a FPS.

One of my major dislikes is it not on the PC. I wouldn't want it to be a pc sim but HD consoles are holding these titles back.

- Most of the physics - the FFB and the way you feel grip in a FWD car is amazing, just about every other game feels numb at that level..
- The vista's and tracks/trackside detail on some tracks (Camino for example)
- Ragging a car up FK, P2P rocks on that road
- Tuning
- Painting
- The storefront
- The auction house
- Private MP options
- The certification system and how a laptime, no matter which part of the game you are in, can contribute to the leaderboards
- And err, leaderboards..

Dislike
- Track FFB, despite making the grip/tyres really felt, it lacks in the pulling around and bumps you get off the track, this is what other games do better.. if they can amp this amp, and keep the low level feel from the tyres, it'll be amazing
- Physics - Needs the car to feel more lively, more inertial rotation etc, I suspect grip levels need backing off a touch, not too far, the standard tyres that come with cars is usually reasonably up to the job so making it so low that it lights up in 5th gear at 1000RPM isn't necessary..
- Needs some stamp/mask kind of feature in the livery editor, it would be 100 times easier to do logo's/decals and use up far less layers.
- SP could do with a little more variety
- Leaderboards could do with more features, starting with seperating FWD/RWD/AWD for each track/class would be nice, And the ability to make a temporary leaderboard for hotlap competitions.

Most of my dislikes are just lack of features that may improve in FM4..

My likes would take too long to list, as for main dislikes at the moment. Loading times(Most likely down to my xBox) and too many events. One achievement left. I've played the game so much, yet I've still got a 1/3 of events left to do.

Like the fact that after owning this game for a year and a half I just started playing it with my racing wheel and WOW - it's like having a brand new game. It really takes the immersion of driving to a new level. Now I just need to build me a racing cockpit to complete the experience!

Like :I love Forza every aspect of this game is so well put together that 2 years after i'm still finding new stuff and options hidden in the menu's. The drving, Tuning parts, bodykits you name it.

Dislike :For me the graphics are still lacking when put next too GT5p and GT5 in some conditions. Gt5p is still the best looking game overall ever.

From only a few hours of experience at my friends house, I love the customization element, the fact that you can make yourself very individual, however what I didn't like was the physics and for some reason I don't get the 'wow feeling' of gt5, it just wasn't, special if you get where i'm coming from.

- Long Career Mode
- Car List
- No Duplicates (As in no 100 Miatas, Skylines, FTOs, etc.)
- Engine Sounds

Dislikes:
- Graphics (Even though they are consistent, it has this "plasticly" look that kind of annoys me)
- Physics (Most cars almost feel the same)
- Lack of variety (Rally, F1, Go-Karts)
- Rewind Feature (I know it's optional, but it annoys me when i make a mistake, that "Press Back to Rewind" box always pops up)

Last edited:
trangurismo
Dislikes:
- Rewind Feature (I know it's optional, but it annoys me when i make a mistake, that "Press Back to Rewind" box always pops up)

Hmm mine doesn't do that, must be an option to turn off the reminder but can't remember how sorry.

My like/dislike is about the same feature. Let me explain.

Popped Forza in today after a long lay off.
Decided to do some of my career races.
Full sim clutch etc.

Bought a 458 Italia and joined an event.

I like to drive the cars how there supposed to in real life.
So a manual box with clutch I drive so.
A paddle shift I drive so.

Now Forza gives you a bonus for using clutch. Something like .1 sec per gear change.

No I like the fact people using a manual clutch get rewarded for it.

However pressing a clutch to paddle shift is wrong on all levels. Oddly I struggled, just seemed foreign to me.

It would be nice for Turn 10 to drop the bonus clutch for paddle cars but I doubt that would happen.

Last edited:
Forza 3 likes
1. Engine swaps
2. Drivetrain swaps
3. 4,100 vinyls per car
4. Auction house
5. Great graphics (not the best but still pretty dang good)
6. Storefront
7. Car physics
8. Tire telementary that shows exactly where the tire wears. If you have too much negative camber, it shows in the little tire image.
9. Rewind feature if crashed
10. Rewind feature in replay
11. The ability to sell parts, engines, drivetrains
12. Smart AI most of the time
13. Amazing community feedback
14. Online hoppers are a blast
15. Races against the AI any way you want in private matches
16. 8 lane drag strip!!!
17. Built in drift mode that can be activated at any time.
18. Tire marks
19. Pretty good damage system.
20. Interior view in every car
21. Really good audio
22. Instant leaderboard update system

Forza 3 Dislikes
1. I would love to see the weather effects from PGR4 or Dirt 3 in Forza 4. PGR4 and Dirt 3 still have THE most impressive weather effects I have seen in any racing game. This doesnt have to be on all tracks but at least a handful like PGR4 had.
2. Day / night would be nice on some of the tracks but it doesnt have to be on all tracks.
3. Improve the tire physics especially on the dragstrip. The dragstrip tire traction physics are just terrible.
4. Only 8 cars on a track at a time.
5. Take the vinyl top of the 69 Camaro. Or give us the option to take it off the car.
6. Bring back Autocross from Forza 1
7. Allow us to make the trucks AWD. Makes no sense that a truck cant have this option when all of the trucks in this game came with 4wd.
8. Lack of adjustable seat position symilar to Test Drive Unlimited.
9. No moving body parts like spoilers or vents when a car reaches a certain speed. Example: Porsche Carrera, Porsche Boxter or Crossfire.
10. A better way to get the pictures from the game. The pics that are saved to Forzacentral.net are decompressed and do not look like the game at all. Let us save the pics to a USB drive.
11. Better lighting in paint booth. Way too dark in the front and back.
12. Public lobbies like FM2
13. Improve Tire physics
14. Allow us to load our setups online like we did in F2.
15. Higher level cap for each car. 5 is way to low
16. Higher career level cap. 50 is too low.

- More rounded car list than GT5, IMO.

- Long career mode.

- A few real-life courses not in the GT series or formerly included, examples include Sebring, Road Atlanta, Road America, Twin Motegi, etc.

- The inclusion of drag racing.

- More in depth tuning options and parts than GT has ever had, including real-life parts manufacturers

- Nice and plentiful wheel selection, with the option to choose wheel and tire size.

- The ability to create custom paint jobs and liveries.

- Various “just for fun” online modes, like the whole tag/virus/cat-mouse ones.

- Storefront and Auction House

- The ability to save near-infinite amount of tuning setups.

- More body modification choices when compared to any GT game.

- Engine and drive train swaps.

- Defined car classes that allow competition to be kept even on and offline.

- Every car has a dash board

- Better damage modeling than GT5 IMO, and the fact damage is in career mode and you have to pay for damages.

Dislikes

- Career mode gets tedious as you advance, especially when you are doing the same event 10 times, one for each car class. There’s only so many times I can do Fujimi Kaido before I start pulling out my hair.

- AWD is overpowered as many people have pointed out, for example most of the time a car that has had an AWD swap will leave the same car that has stock RWD in the dust.

- Opponent choices are questionable in some career events, mainly the manufacturer based ones. The problem is those events will include vehicles from an entire manufacturer’s line up, all in different classes. For example, the Chevrolet event will have a lowly class F Aveo along with a class S Corvette ZR1. The end result is you have to match your car for the strongest performing ones, which are usually only one or two cars in the field, and only end up racing against those one or two with the rest of the cars being rolling obstacles. This could be rectified by having the lower performing AI cars being modified or leaving out cars that are will over power most of the field.

- Poor implementation of drag racing, there is no staging nor can you red light as the game doesn’t let you take control of the car till the light turns green.

- Certain events having heats, this is another factor that makes career mode tedious and unnecessarily long. Then there’s also the problem it seems within a group of events and those heats, you will always face the same three cars in those heats. This is a big problem with drag racing because you essentially end up repeating the same event two times per individual drag race series championship.

- Physics is a little too forgiving for a game trying to be a sim, I find it easier to play Forza with no assists on then GT5 with assists on, but that’s me.

- No night racing, I don’t expect a day to night transition which is difficult to program (that’s my assumption), but just the inclusion of being able to race at night, considering this has been a feature in racing games, 2D or 3D, since the beginning.

- No tuning of cars in multiplayer lobbies, wow is this a big fail IMO. The only real way around this is to buy and tune as many cars as possible so you’ll have a wider selection to choose from during multiplayer.

- Unlimited rewind, I’m aware you have the choice not to use it, but it’s too tempting for anyone at times. This would’ve worked if they would have limited the number of times you could use the function per race, IMO.

- No rallying, but this is not that big of a deal for me.

- A more minor gripe, but engine swaps are limited to within the vehicle’s manufacturer, but I assume this is a licensing issue as I can see some car companies gripe about having a competitor’s engine being put in their cars.

Oh, and I feel for the people that got screwed with regards to DLC, and how later purchasers of the game essentially got it all for free, not to mention the cars you can only get by buying the latest edition of the game, so you essentially have to buy the game again for those few cars. I think the total cost of the DLC works out to be pretty much around the price of a new Xbox 360 game, but then again I think DLC is overpriced most of the time for what you get. I remember there was a time you could get DLC for free, such as older NFS games which offered free cars you could download from the official website, or how you could get Command and Conquer had a database of maps on their website you could download. Now, with regards to game maps, you pay a hefty price for 3 or 5 maps.

I don't like how anything over 300HP still manages to slip and slide all over the track, even with the best tires.

Oh, and I feel for the people that got screwed with regards to DLC, and how later purchasers of the game essentially got it all for free,

I bought the UC today and I'm fairly certain it's missing at least 2 packs(I know it's missing the Community Choice and VIP packs).

Really though that is a risk you take as most games with DLC do end up having it bundled into later versions of the game(assuming the game itself is successful)

not to mention the cars you can only get by buying the latest edition of the game, so you essentially have to buy the game again for those few cars.

You can buy the Stig's Garage pack on the Marketplace.

slybugga
I don't like how anything over 300HP still manages to slip and slide all over the track, even with the best tires.

Not sure about that but It does highlight how different people feel differently about forza.

Not sure of the percentage but I'm sure a majority feel there is too much grip.

Spagetti69
Not sure about that but It does highlight how different people feel differently about forza.

Not sure of the percentage but I'm sure a majority feel there is too much grip.

My only concern with FM3 was the lack of consistency concerning both traction and braking. But from what InsideSim Racing has said about FM4 it looks like this is a thing of the past.

Thats the reason TRACTION CONTROL was invented..

The point is racing slicks shouldn't spin with only 300HP. Although I personally haven't really seen this problem to this extent. Just get allot of wheelspin when accelerating in a RWD car.

Last edited:
Back