Live Stream: Assetto Corsa Competizione Virtual Preview Event

edit: bah, can't link without it turning in to a video.. anyway I clicked on the link in the article and its ok here, chat running, timer counting down..

Lol sad.and green light kunos missing the start hehe.at least they didn't jumpstart. Don't forget us console simmers pls Kunos. My one hope is you.:cheers:

They don't mention if any footage is console and which.

^^^yeah exactly what I need know

Edit: on chat he says it's same game more or less hmm.with less graphics fx.

Have we actualy seen any console footage yet ?

Next gen updates ?

What wheels are supported for current gen ?

Davide Brivio gave a good summary of the situation up until now.

Their focus has been and still is primarily on PC games and to some certain extent on current console gen.

Next gen console and their benefits are still unknown to the team. By the sound of it, they have not had any access to the next gen for development.

But most likely that at some point ACC can be played on next gen, "soon".

All wheels should be usable on current gen consoles.

Why can't I pre-order the digital version yet?

Jerome
https://www.gtplanet.net/assetto-corsa-competizione-now-available-to-preorder-on-console/

PS4 players will also be able to buy the digital version from its launch date — June 23 — through the PlayStation Store.

As an extra little incentive, pre-ordered copies will gain the Intercontinental GT Pack DLC for free. That includes four additional circuits — Kyalami, Laguna Seca, Mount Panorama, and Suzuka — along with new car liveries, teams and drivers. That offer also applies to PS4 digital purchases between June 23 and July 7

Can they give a bit more details on the console versions?

- Will the features and modes of PC version all be present?

- Which resolution and frame rate will the game perform on the four systems (Xbox One, PS4, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro?) and which graphic effects will make the difference from PC version.

- Most important question. Do Kunos think that we place a pre-order without even a glimpse of what they will give us? Wishful thinking.

And GTPlanet...
Of the three YT channels I had running in my browser, GTWorld was the only one that had started the stream at the time of my post (the others seemed broken); that's why I linked there.

Anyone got any questions? Can't promise they'll be answered.
1. What compromises were made to get the game on current gen consoles? More specifically, are the physics untouched?;
2. Will the game then be released as well on the next gen consoles? If so, is VR a possibility (on the PS5)?

Thank you.
(I'm on/off and not following the live event, so if these were answered in the meantime, just ignore them.)

1. What compromises were made to get the game on current gen consoles? More specifically, are the physics untouched?
I did put a question very similar to this one (I said "concessions" :lol: ), and it looks like the last question covers that. Graphics optimisation and 20-car limit, 1080p on PS4 and 4K on Pro, native 4K on X1X. Physics the same.

There were 44 questions in the Q&A box. They asked ONE of them. ONE:

upload_2020-6-16_17-6-15.png

"Swing it and hope for the best"

I am certainly guilty of it myself, but this is pretty indicative of the society we currently live in...

Ain't more time for anything else...

dumpster-fire.jpg

Anyone involved with PR at 505 should be losing their jobs, what an utter, utter mess. One bloke was yawning on stream it was that bad.

We are 7 days from release, no footage, no screenshots, no FPS spec. They haven't even looked at next gen consoles.

Someone must have a gun to head theirs to put this on console, its very clear that 505 or Kunos have any real interest. Hardly bodes well for the future does it.

Deeply disappointed.

I suspect most of the questions that got answered were planted.

I asked whether this would have AI Online on console as if they understood anything about releasing on a console they would know the player base is smaller for this type of game and so we need to be able to help fill out online grids, what I got back was "NO"

They have no idea on how to make a game tailored to the console, its the standard Kunos/505 Cash grab Console edition

It could be a sign of sheer confidence to not show anything but at this point I doubt it. You would think they'd at least mention how excited or proud they are about the conversion if it was promising.

Back