Live Stream: FIA Gran Turismo Championships Nürburgring World Tour (Nations Cup)

They should also go back to the one chance only entry for FIA events. Maybe it would encourage less risk taking and more clean and calculated driving.

Why should anyone be allowed to maximize their points over 3 attempts if they are a repeat polemic driver? And, then with those extra points qualify for an FIA event?

Too much argy bargy at these events now.

I'm glad Brooks elected to not bother with finishing the repechage race. If it was me I would have just parked it immediately after the punt and let the car sit for the last few laps.

I get that it's now near impossible to reformat now that the seasons have officially started, but they definitely need to go back to the drawing board on a few things here.

Also, just from a general racing perspective (but feel free to take this as a biased opinion if you wish), in the Goodwood race, is the car ahead and on the inside heading into the first part of a chicane supposed to have the right of way? Is it not proper racing etiquette for the outside car to forgive the position?

Also, just from a general racing perspective (but feel free to take this as a biased opinion if you wish), in the Goodwood race, is the car ahead and on the inside heading into the first part of a chicane supposed to have the right of way? Is it not proper racing etiquette for the outside car to forgive the position?

Let's take a look at the replay...

gt sport.png

Seemed like a BS move, Sugawara was clearly beat but didn't want to give up the place. And then the Repechage happened.

Bad weekend for Brooks, and today was his birthday. He's gotta be livid.

All in all the event left a bitter side taste of miserable stewart performance and N300 car lottery again.

You can't let someone get away with a 2 sec penalty (if even given) when he rams somebody else off to nowhere and destroys his Live Event. This is not a normal Motorsport series where everybody can race next week again. Here being ruined is way more worse. Maybe that guy will not make it again this year to an event for some reason and therefore it was his only 1 chance or so.

I don't know what the makers think what kind of race people want to see, but when I want to see punting and ramming I can play Forza or open a wreckfest lobby or whatever.

If I was a top player I would reconsider if I'm willingly to give that much effort again to live events where still to many things are depending on luck or whatever.

View attachment 830398

Seemed like a BS move, Sugawara was clearly beat but didn't want to give up the place. And then the Repechage happened.

I knew I wasn't seeing things!! lol If this happend to me on my birthday of all days I would've said "🤬 this, time to get wasted and watch the rest of the 24".

All in all the event left a bitter side taste of miserable stewart performance and N300 car lottery again.

You can't let someone get away with a 2 sec penalty (if even given) when he rams somebody else off to nowhere and destroys his Live Event. This is not a normal Motorsport series where everybody can race next week again. Here being ruined is way more worse. Maybe that guy will not make it again this year to an event for some reason and therefore it was his only 1 chance or so.

I don't know what the makers think what kind of race people want to see, but when I want to see punting and ramming I can play Forza or open a wreckfest lobby or whatever.

If I was a top player I would reconsider if I'm willingly to give that much effort again to live events where still to many things are depending on luck or whatever.

I don’t see the harm in doing a yellow flag lap and giving the player his position back, then resuming the race as it was.

If this behavior is acceptable, we can expect to see a wild shift in sportsmanship moving forward.

View attachment 830398

It's the last corner of the race (iirc) and he's side by side with Brooks. I would try to be side by side till the finish line as well. He wasn't beaten by means, but a bit naïve for not closing the inside line for sure.

But they both had to brake a lot more to make it happen without the one on the outside going off track.

On that note, didn't Sagawara got punted off in the repechage race by Hizal too? Or was it someone else? Can't remember the names.

It's the last corner of the race (iirc) and he's side by side with Brooks. I would try to be side by side till the finish line as well. He wasn't beaten by means, but a bit naïve for not closing the inside line for sure.

But they both had to brake a lot more to make it happen without the one on the outside going off track.

On that note, didn't Sagawara got punted off in the repechage race by Hizal too? Or was it someone else? Can't remember the names.
It wasn't the last corner of the race though, there was still another lap remaining

It wasn't the last corner of the race though, there was still another lap remaining

In that case, Sagawara probably should have let Brooks go and try to fix his own mistake (not closing the inside line) on the last lap.

It's possible he didn't see Brooks coming for the inside on that place. Dunno.

View attachment 830398

He's still 4th so no, brooks had to let the pace
Japanese Guy can't do nothing in this case, he stick to the wall

Nice races overall.

I think theres too much of reflections on wet surfaces and ps4 is really struggling to hold even 30fps on replays / stream.

Has the steering wheel movement been muffled further vs real life? The ingame steeringwheel looked to be very muffled and unresponsive vs the input. I hope this doesnt affect steering angle..

I’ve said it before, but it bears repeating. GT Sport is just a joy to watch. The television quality replay and/or broadcast angles are so fantastic. IMHO this game has to be considered among the best with regards to presentation quality.

The only minor criticism I have relating to these events is that I think Polyphony/Sony need to invest even more in advertising. I know they definitely do some advertising, but in the U.S. at least, I would love to see them step it up even more. Perhaps commercials on ESPN and/or Motor Trend channel. Specific ads on sites like Motor Trend or Jalopnik, etc. Just a couple quick ideas but I think these events are brilliant and are worthy of investing even more heavily on the advertising!

Thanks Polyphony for another fun afternoon with my favorite hobby.
:gtpflag:

The N300 race was painful just by looking at the car selection same with N400 (surprised how the Z28 did).
Also it must be a mean joke for @TRL LIGHTNING not even being able to use any Subaru (even got beat by a STi since the TVR might as well just drop it)

Grats for Igor and close for Loquez!
Special thanks to Giorgio Mangano since he performed well and he's really being consistent.

All said and done, glad I. Fraga won. 👍

Next World Tour date - August 24-25 in New York. That's cool.

Felt really bad for Brooks on more than one occasion, and also a bit for Latkovski and Lopez, both of whom had victory almost within grasp, but congrats of course to Igor Fraga.

Sardegna looks alright - Catalunya imposter layout has some nice elevation changes, the other one shown feels similar to St Croix, flatter with the long straights and open square street turns...but the series of blind shallow turns going uphill is a genius and unique section that combines ideas from previous GTS Original tracks to make an exciting experience.

A lot of dick moves were made by people who should know better in these events. You do not go through the last chicane at Goodwood side-by-side, unless you want a stupid accident and lose places. Lopez literally jumped to the opposite side of the track to defend from Fraga on Nurburgring rather aggressively, Hizal drilled Sugawara on the Red Bull Ring and caused a huge mess, Rubilar lost his **** and whacked poor Andrew Brooks, who's races were ruined by idiot driving. It's rubbish. Rubilar should've been disqualified instantly for such a dick move. If I were the stewards, I would tell him to get stuffed for his childish behaviour. Then we have the Grand Final. I would've had a heart attack if I was in that race, it was ridiculous. Lopez jumps Fraga in the pits and both are on the hard tyre whilst Latkovski is rapidly gaining on them on the soft tyre. Latkovski should've won it. He played his strategy right and was in a prime position but got stuffed over by a slowing Lopez. That's what kicked everything off. Fraga was right on Latkovski's arse and pushed him whilst exiting the corner as they were backed up behind Lopez. Fraga got lucky as Latkovski failed to keep himself together. Latkovski gave away a certain victory and that makes it all feel soo much worse.

Then we have the Grand Final. I would've had a heart attack if I was in that race, it was ridiculous. Lopez jumps Fraga in the pits and both are on the hard tyre whilst Latkovski is rapidly gaining on them on the soft tyre. Latkovski should've won it. He played his strategy right and was in a prime position but got stuffed over by a slowing Lopez. That's what kicked everything off. Fraga was right on Latkovski's arse and pushed him whilst exiting the corner as they were backed up behind Lopez. Fraga got lucky as Latkovski failed to keep himself together. Latkovski gave away a certain victory and that makes it all feel soo much worse.

PD is not trying to find the fastest player or the best strategist. They’re looking for the best racing driver... and it’s working.

I think some people have forgotten what the essence of real racing is. They don’t hand out 1st place trophies and awards for the cleanest driver or the driver who was the most commendable. Do you think the most successful and revered racers of all time would think twice about taking the outside line at Woodcote? I’m reminded of how much of a contact sport racing is when watching any professional Motorsport event.

There was plenty of rubbing this weekend, but overall these top drivers did a really good job of keeping contact to a minimal.

A lot of dick moves were made by people who should know better in these events. You do not go through the last chicane at Goodwood side-by-side, unless you want a stupid accident and lose places. Lopez literally jumped to the opposite side of the track to defend from Fraga on Nurburgring rather aggressively, Hizal drilled Sugawara on the Red Bull Ring and caused a huge mess, Rubilar lost his **** and whacked poor Andrew Brooks, who's races were ruined by idiot driving. It's rubbish. Rubilar should've been disqualified instantly for such a dick move. If I were the stewards, I would tell him to get stuffed for his childish behaviour. Then we have the Grand Final. I would've had a heart attack if I was in that race, it was ridiculous. Lopez jumps Fraga in the pits and both are on the hard tyre whilst Latkovski is rapidly gaining on them on the soft tyre. Latkovski should've won it. He played his strategy right and was in a prime position but got stuffed over by a slowing Lopez. That's what kicked everything off. Fraga was right on Latkovski's arse and pushed him whilst exiting the corner as they were backed up behind Lopez. Fraga got lucky as Latkovski failed to keep himself together. Latkovski gave away a certain victory and that makes it all feel soo much worse.

I think events like this further solidify that the game and these events are working exactly the way they are supposed to. We shouldn’t expect to see any different driving behavior than in the real world and in the real world situations like the ones you mention happen all the time. Top drivers of any Motorsports discipline misjudge or make bad calls all of the time.

Most driver today event look like have a lot shot be F1 driver, look at Dan tickum he dirty one coming out FIA feeder series and scary part he might have shot to be in redbull seat. :lol:

Amazing event as always. Champions League levels of drama today. That last lap was the most spectacular ever and GT Sport seems to be good at producing major plot twists in the end.

Was impressed by Igor's pace in the beginning, when he opened a 2 secs gap on the first lap, but as he said later, it wasn't his best race and seems like the pitstop strategy of Lopez and Cody worked better. The latter had balls and competence to start on mediums from p2.

Felt sorry for Lopez, but he made a mistake and probably would've run out of fuel anyway. None deserved more than the other today and it's difficult to judge Cody's move on that last turn. He seems to be a clean driver and a good guy. Competition was just too intense this time.

Mixed feelings about this weekend's event. On one hand there was plenty of good racing, and the team of Tom and Jimmer on commentary is great to listen to. Yet it felt overshadowed by some over-aggressive driving and wildly inconsistent penalty assessment by the organizers.

If the intent is for "Boys, Have At It" NASCAR style racing, then go full that direction. If they want a cleaner style, than either police rough driving consistently or turn on full damage to discourage it.

My other nitpick: Why does it always have to be the Red Bulls for the Final race of Nations? Why not go with the Super Formulas? Or maybe the GT3 cars for guys who may be better with lower downforce cars to get a victory?

My other nitpick: Why does it always have to be the Red Bulls for the Final race of Nations? Why not go with the Super Formulas? Or maybe the GT3 cars for guys who may be better with lower downforce cars to get a victory?
Imagine that you are the creator of a racing game. And imagine that one of the greatest designers/engineers of all time in Formula 1 (Adrian Newey) has created an exclusive car for you...

Yes Lakowski was on the soft tire but that’s another thing which is a bit frustrating: We don’t know his tire wear because they hide it. They show a bunch of redundant information cluttering up the screen and we still miss out on important information.

Latest Posts

Back