Live Stream: FIA Gran Turismo Championships Nürburgring World Tour (Nations Cup)

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Dylan

Dylan Premium

So it's possible that even if he hadn't been put into the wall, he still could have lost?

GTAndy36 and TrafficEmpire like this.
  2. TrafficEmpire

TrafficEmpire

Thank you for the explanation, that actually makes this whole thing make sense.

GTAndy36, Timlour and VulcanSpirit like this.
  3. sparkytooth

sparkytooth Premium

Yeah, he would've been easily taken by Fraga and Cody on the straight, we don't even know if he had already run out on the final corner and that's why he got punted off accidentally

CrimsonKing and Dylan like this.
  4. Arkseven

Arkseven

Aye, this was, indeed, very fun to watch.

Now we patiently wait for the update.

5. Winnie847

Winnie847 Premium

If Lopez did run out of fuel, then I think the right guy won.

GTAndy36 likes this.
  6. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

That's a better explanation. The announcers made is seem like Lopez was penalized.

GTAndy36, TrafficEmpire and Taxrik like this.
  7. mclarenLB

mclarenLB

You could see Coque dropping to 6th on track on one of the replays

8. praiano63

praiano63 Premium

The only way to keep agressives drivers like Latkovsky away from troubles and from other drivers is to turn effective some very serious damage system . Penalties are a joke and can easily been substitued by this.

matzel, bduddy, CrimsonKing and 13 others like this.
  9. Josa

Josa

Fraga left the pits with 25 liters. One lap later Lopez left with 17 liters. 100 L for 20 laps, means 5L/lap. Lopez was 3L short. He saved a lot in the last laps.

bduddy, CallawaySS, Winnie847 and 2 others like this.
  10. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

That was a :censored: move by Cody

CallawaySS, Novalee and Vspectra like this.
  11. VulcanSpirit

VulcanSpirit

If that's the case, then that is a major mistake on the commentators' part. Didn't realise that Lopez was dropping positions until I rewatched the last few moments again.

GTAndy36 likes this.
  12. SlipZtrEm

SlipZtrEm Staff Emeritus

Ah, see it now. That changes things. Commentators kept mentioning it, but I know communications can get jumbled in the heat of the moment.

If Cody got the penalty that's better — it was a pretty clear hit, intentional or not — and it seems like Lopez probably wouldn't have been able to hold on for a podium anyway with the fuel issue, even accounting for the slightly more he would've used getting away from the wall there.

bduddy, CallawaySS and GTAndy36 like this.
  13. zzz_pt

zzz_pt

Even if Lopez was running on fumes, the time he lost due to the punt was what made him finish 6th. He would probably finish 3rd, behind Cody (2nd) and Igor (1st). Or even second, because of the 5sec penalty Cody got.

I told some of the people I was watching this with: "I'm not sure about Cody being there". Sure enough, he forced his way past Igor with a pretty aggressive move (on the lit but OK) and then punted Lopez out of the track.

That's how I saw it at least.

matzel, praiano63 and Sander 001 like this.
  14. fernandoyb

fernandoyb

First congrats to @Igor Fraga, the guy is a beast on the RedBull X2019, Lopez defended really well too, shame that he ran out of fuel at the end, Latkovski is really fast too, exciting race for sure.

For next events i think PD needs to show more replays of the incidents with multiple angles, it was very confusing as a viewer and i think for the commentators aswell

Also why so much hate for the drivers in the chat of the stream, there was one guy that was all day long hating on Fraga even called him Evil after the last race, people need to chill, im sure that all the drivers are now getting ready to drink and dance together in the after party with Kaz despite the results :cheers:

15. mclarenLB

mclarenLB

It seems like they're limiting themselves to a maximum of a 5 second penalty, and it just isn't enough.

Mercs Turn 2 Monza yesterday and that move by Cody just there were both easy 10 second penalties.

matzel, NosOsH, JonoStan96 and 15 others like this.
  16. Sander 001

Sander 001

A 5 second penalty for that big punt right into the back of another car?? Vettel got a 5 second penalty in Montreal and this is the same level?

Lakowsky should’ve been DQ’ed and suspended indefinitely. But instead, he stands on the 2nd step of the podium.

The stewarding was much better than even yesterday so I am glad to see that but they still have some distance to go!

CallawaySS, GTAndy36 and GT_Alex74 like this.
  17. SkyPikmin

SkyPikmin

We are already thinking of building up a stewarding team with some of the previous live events drivers, a shame that even if we come up with the greatest of idea it will never get real....

GT_Alex74 likes this.
  18. mclarenLB

mclarenLB

Also, Nico destroying Brooks in the Repechage, taking Brooks out of the final and only getting a warning was a complete joke.

matzel, NosOsH, JonoStan96 and 15 others like this.
  19. BjoBosUndies

BjoBosUndies (Banned)

Puntkovski!

matzel, CallawaySS and kjeldsen like this.
  20. kjeldsen

kjeldsen

*EDIT*

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  21. stpatty

stpatty

When that happened I figured it was a reaction to Lightning getting a penalty when he slowed down and let the person he punted go ahead. Rubilar's incident was similar with the impact and the aftermath, so it could have been after the outrage at the first incident.

Not that that makes it any more justifiable, mind.

Sander 001 likes this.
  22. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

23. dimassa19

dimassa19

Congrats Igor! :cheers:

sundaydriving likes this.
  24. GiuliettaQV82

GiuliettaQV82

New Cars During the Race?

25. girabyt3

girabyt3 Premium

Every spanish person who watched the race at the end to the stewards... :lol::lol::lol:

In all honesty, Coque deserved that win, hopefully this will not turn him into the Alonso of GT sport...

CallawaySS and oneloops like this.
  26. dimassa19

dimassa19

Alonso? The two-time World Champion?

CrimsonKing likes this.
  27. AlanH49

AlanH49

He short fueled and ran out before the finish line.

CallawaySS likes this.
  28. dimassa19

dimassa19

Nope... (but the Z28 was in the first race).

29. azeeza

azeeza

I think it's time to introduce weak damage on world tour to prevent agressive move and contact, what i saw today is a bad rookie races

30. theschledy

theschledy

Lexus and Lopez seemed to be the stars of the weekend, and neither of them ended up on their respective podiums, doesn't seem right.

I also find the format of these events to be highly confusing. Wasn't sure why Rubilar was there, didn't he already qualify for a world event? Seems like it would make more sense to have a regional final for each region, then a world final. At least we'd get to see more a variety of drivers that way.

That being said it was an entertaining event overall. But I would imagine a lot of those drivers would leave there hating eachother/ Gran Turismo after these events

Sander 001 and MOPARbarrett5 like this.