Live Stream: FIA Gran Turismo Championships Nürburgring World Tour (Nations Cup)

So it's possible that even if he hadn't been put into the wall, he still could have lost?
Yeah, he would've been easily taken by Fraga and Cody on the straight, we don't even know if he had already run out on the final corner and that's why he got punted off accidentally

Actually, Latkovski is the one that got 5s penalty, but he finished 5.4s ahead of the 3rd. Lopez finished sixth with no fuel.
You could see Coque dropping to 6th on track on one of the replays
If that's the case, then that is a major mistake on the commentators' part. Didn't realise that Lopez was dropping positions until I rewatched the last few moments again.

Ah, see it now. That changes things. Commentators kept mentioning it, but I know communications can get jumbled in the heat of the moment.

If Cody got the penalty that's better — it was a pretty clear hit, intentional or not — and it seems like Lopez probably wouldn't have been able to hold on for a podium anyway with the fuel issue, even accounting for the slightly more he would've used getting away from the wall there.

Even if Lopez was running on fumes, the time he lost due to the punt was what made him finish 6th. He would probably finish 3rd, behind Cody (2nd) and Igor (1st). Or even second, because of the 5sec penalty Cody got.

I told some of the people I was watching this with: "I'm not sure about Cody being there". Sure enough, he forced his way past Igor with a pretty aggressive move (on the lit but OK) and then punted Lopez out of the track.

That's how I saw it at least.

First congrats to @Igor Fraga, the guy is a beast on the RedBull X2019, Lopez defended really well too, shame that he ran out of fuel at the end, Latkovski is really fast too, exciting race for sure.

For next events i think PD needs to show more replays of the incidents with multiple angles, it was very confusing as a viewer and i think for the commentators aswell

Also why so much hate for the drivers in the chat of the stream, there was one guy that was all day long hating on Fraga even called him Evil after the last race, people need to chill, im sure that all the drivers are now getting ready to drink and dance together in the after party with Kaz despite the results :cheers:

A 5 second penalty for that big punt right into the back of another car?? Vettel got a 5 second penalty in Montreal and this is the same level?

Lakowsky should’ve been DQ’ed and suspended indefinitely. But instead, he stands on the 2nd step of the podium.

The stewarding was much better than even yesterday so I am glad to see that but they still have some distance to go!

We are already thinking of building up a stewarding team with some of the previous live events drivers, a shame that even if we come up with the greatest of idea it will never get real....

Also, Nico destroying Brooks in the Repechage, taking Brooks out of the final and only getting a warning was a complete joke.
When that happened I figured it was a reaction to Lightning getting a penalty when he slowed down and let the person he punted go ahead. Rubilar's incident was similar with the impact and the aftermath, so it could have been after the outrage at the first incident.

Not that that makes it any more justifiable, mind.

Every spanish person who watched the race at the end to the stewards... :lol::lol::lol:

In all honesty, Coque deserved that win, hopefully this will not turn him into the Alonso of GT sport...

Lexus and Lopez seemed to be the stars of the weekend, and neither of them ended up on their respective podiums, doesn't seem right.

I also find the format of these events to be highly confusing. Wasn't sure why Rubilar was there, didn't he already qualify for a world event? Seems like it would make more sense to have a regional final for each region, then a world final. At least we'd get to see more a variety of drivers that way.

That being said it was an entertaining event overall. But I would imagine a lot of those drivers would leave there hating eachother/ Gran Turismo after these events

Back