Live Stream: FIA Gran Turismo Championships Nürburgring World Tour (Nations Cup)

Yes Lakowski was on the soft tire but that’s another thing which is a bit frustrating: We don’t know his tire wear because they hide it. They show a bunch of redundant information cluttering up the screen and we still miss out on important information.
I still feel tyre wear should be classed as track surface(abrasive): Low, Medium, High. There's already tyre compound choices. Track surface is a deciding factor as well.
Racing at each track with varying time of day, should give players a gauge on tyre life. A multiplier isn't needed for that. If I know Catalunya has a medium abrasive surface(or even for a novice, that has no knowledge of such things), using an RSS tyre, is going to wear more than the RH. Time of day could change that wear rather than making it 20x or 5x, etc.

That was a massive clanger from the commentator then, about the penalties at the end. The event finished about 3:30am Japanese time so I fell asleep right away and didn't realise until reading on here just now that the true story was very different.

Jimmy Broadbent was ace and has really grown naturally into the position but I thought the other guy (Chris?) was looking a bit flustered this time around - a few mistakes and missing things that had been spoken about just seconds before (like Lucas Ordonez being out of the N24H) - he's been fine in the past so I wonder what was happening there.

I'm not saying it was his fault the penalties were misrepresented at the end, as someone should have noticed. They had a whole discussion about it with the other commentators (Spanish guy was raging) and nobody at all picked up on the fact Lopez wasn't actually penalized...

Edit - so as not to leave things on a note of criticism, the whole event was really well put together - they've really got it polished now, and these are the motorsport events I really look forward to now (having finally given up on Liberty-era F1).

One thing that both Nations and Manufacturers finals had in common was the end of race results being held for a stewards decision concerning last lap incidents while a decision was made concerning aggressive driving was that not one but both races had one driver in common which was involved in needing the stewards involved at race end.

I saw some good racing and I also saw some racing that I would not consider to be a good display of driving skills or decisions when we are dealing with what is supposedly some of the top and best racers in the game.

I agree that the aggressive, take no prisoners, win by bulldozing past the driver in front should be penalized much higher and points reductions and even making drivers possibly face DQ for further competition within the event should be considered as punishment for repeated offenses.

I agree that longer events make for less aggressive behavior in many cases as a driver has more opportunity to set up his planned moves but whether the race is 8 laps or 80 laps dirty bulldozer driving to gain position is not considered acceptable race craft in most forms of racing and should not be allowed here.

Overall it was a very good event and a shame both events ended under a circumstance where the results needed a steward to sort out aggressive driving incidents.

I think it would help if they added some more videos on Racing Etiquette to go a bit deeper into what is regarded as "correct" behaviour in common overtaking scenarios. What you often see in the comments for live streams is a lot of disagreement about who was at fault for an incident, which suggests some clarity on what constitutes being at fault would help.

a shame both events ended under a circumstance where the results needed a steward to sort out aggressive driving incidents.

A bit unfair as they were just making sure they'd got the result right with the two unbelievably close finishes. Can't fault them for that nor their decision.

I’m just watching the Nations races this morning, @Deafsun was robbed in the wet race at RBR. That suck, he was the only Canadian I had to cheer for.

Was he the birthday boy, A. Brooks? It looked like he was on good form but man, he was seriously unlucky.

A bit unfair as they were just making sure they'd got the result right with the two unbelievably close finishes. Can't fault them for that nor their decision.

Was he the birthday boy, A. Brooks? It looked like he was on good form but man, he was seriously unlucky.

Yeah, that was Brooks. Nico came from way back there and took him out, it looked accidental but man, he has had no luck so far.

Last edited:
Yeah, that was Brooks. Nico came from way back there and took him out, it looked accidental but man, he has had no luck so far.

...and knocked out of an automatic qualification spot in the race before.:ouch:

The way they run these events, you need to offer a few gifts to the racing gods before you go. Stars definitely need to align to do well as the competition is so damn tough!:scared:

...and knocked out of an automatic qualification spot in the race before.:ouch:

The way they run these events, you need to offer a few gifts to the racing gods before you go. Stars definitely need to align to do well as the competition is so damn tough!:scared:

I think you’re right, Lopez got robbed at the end of the Nations final as well. He ran an awesome race up until that last lap when they all got so close in that turn and he got punted. Kind of disappointing to see such a good race end on such a crappy note like that. Oh well, that’s GT Sport I guess. :lol:

Edit: WTH? Lopez got 5 seconds for being punted? This really is just like sport mode! :lol:

I think you’re right, Lopez got robbed at the end of the Nations final as well. He ran an awesome race up until that last lap when they all got so close in that turn and he got punted. Kind of disappointing to see such a good race end on such a crappy note like that. Oh well, that’s GT Sport I guess. :lol:

Edit: WTH? Lopez got 5 seconds for being punted? This really is just like sport mode! :lol:
Lopez run out of fuel.

Confused the hell out of me too, till I learned he ran out of fuel.

It got slightly physical at the end but it was a fantastic battle to watch.

Lopez run out of fuel.

Ah ok, that explains why he got passed so quickly at the line. But I didn’t know it was a penalty for running out of fuel? Is that also what caused the punt, run out just before that corner or something?

Has the steering wheel movement been muffled further vs real life? The ingame steeringwheel looked to be very muffled and unresponsive vs the input. I hope this doesnt affect steering angle..

Probably they did that due the lag, so that it looks smooth in motion.

He ran out of fiel but got punted to the wall. He might still finish in the podium if not for that, right? Dunno how many seconds he finished behind Igor but he probably lost precious time in the grass.

He ran out of fiel but got punted to the wall. He might still finish in the podium if not for that, right? Dunno how many seconds he finished behind Igor but he probably lost precious time in the grass.
Lopez was hit by Latkovsky because he was already very slow on the last turn... I don't think it would get on the podium.

The final was a fuel saving race. Lopez used alot of his on hos last in lap to ensure he got in front of Igor. Good strategy, but looks like he went a little too hard and miscalculated how much he was going to need to finish in front. His extreme fuel saving let Cody back into the race. Cody had the fuel to push and try to win. I thought it was a great strategic race with an exciting ending. I don't think Cody punted Lopez on purpose, just could get on the gas earlier and Lopez was out of fuel, perfect storm for a punt.

Back