Live Stream: GR Supra Gran Turismo Cup Nurburgring Exhibition Match

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Jun 21, 2019.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

ProjectF likes this.
  2. JayOTT

JayOTT

Time for the greatest invention in the history of our sport. Competitive shopping trolley racing :lol:

Sander 001 likes this.
  3. Slayerstool

Slayerstool

There is a 993 at minute 19!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Knukel likes this.
  4. Famine

Famine Administrator

Was it on the right-hand of the two big screens behind everyone? That screen is showing the actual real-world race events - qualifying, practice sessions and the race itself.

5. JamboGT

JamboGT

Been a great race so far.

6. Slayerstool

Slayerstool

Ouch!!!!! Sorry i got excited

DaigoD likes this.
  7. JamboGT

JamboGT

Ruined.

8. Famine

Famine Administrator

Not sure Latkovski is entirely happy with Lopez's explanation of that move :lol:

9. 05XR8

05XR8

Guess that was a case of them both going same speed, while going off and no penalty. Yeesh....

10. warp0_1

warp0_1

I think Lopez should have got a 5s penalty.

11. JamboGT

JamboGT

Latkovski went off on his own in the first place, Lopez didn't have much place to go but it was very aggressive.

12. rono_thomas

rono_thomas Premium

Vettel vs Hamilton like drama unfolding in the Gran Turismo finals :scared:

Lost Sheltie likes this.
  13. kjeldsen

kjeldsen

Such a shame for Latkovski, as for Lopez, of course he would go for that gap, i would at most call it a racing incident.

14. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul

I enjoyed that Supra GT race.

Auto motors likes this.
  15. zzz_pt

zzz_pt Premium

If slilpstream was realistic, that incident between Latkovski and Lopez wouldn't have happened (and Latkovski would have finished in first probably). I guess if there's anyone at fault, it's PD for making it so easy to catch and push other cars off track. First mistake was Latkovski's though, Lopez had a gap, went for it. It was that or brake and be overtaken by who was coming a few tenths behind.

Marcobzzcs, praiano63 and Knukel like this.
  16. Canucks_9419

Canucks_9419

I'm not seeing how Latkovski getting all four off track into the grass had anything to do with slipstream? I may have missed something while watching live though. Seemed pretty risky as well as unavoidable given the speeds in that sector.

17. Sander 001

Sander 001

I’m just watching it now. How come some of the drivers have their country flag next to their name while others have Toyota or Lexus?

I would love to forfeit my allegiance to Canada and instead pledge loyalty to Lexus :lol:

18. zzz_pt

zzz_pt Premium

If the slipstream was more realistic, he would (probably) be in first place at the start of lap 2 and won the race.

Canucks_9419 likes this.
  19. Krypton78

Krypton78

Congrats to Pirataa, but, oh man, always interesting to see how somebody that young and being an european does not speak a single word english. Honestly. Julia does not ask questions about quantum physics, does she?

Marcobzzcs, Loverson, matzel and 2 others like this.
  20. Winnie847

Winnie847

Once again, they fail to clearly identify the participants by their PSN names. Only the winner at the end, and whoever’s seat they happen to show on the stream by chance. Another repeat failure by PD.

sundaydriving and Krypton78 like this.
  21. Sander 001

Sander 001

You can ruin somebody’s race and all you get is a half second penalty! That’s a very attractive risk reward ratio, I’m sure we’ll see more epic divebombs as the races go on :crazy:

22. Winnie847

Winnie847

The penalties at these events have never been as strict as the actual game, despite having race stewards, so I’m not surprised to see the aggressive driving...again.

Having said that, Latkovski made a mistake and went off track. He made a questionable re-entry that left Coque with nowhere else to go but tighter to the inside, which he did. Latkovski didn’t get robbed, he made a mistake and followed it up with a bad re-entry.

Brooks on the other hand, also made a mistake but didn’t go off track, then got pushed by Yamanaka who got a penalty but caused Brooks to lose 2 or 3 positions. If anybody got robbed it was Brooks, from what I could see.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    Guffaluff, F1LMFan, gtpierre and 10 others like this.
  23. Hasnain282

Hasnain282

I think Yamanaka's 0.5s was from a corner cut rather than the incident itself.

Winnie847 likes this.
  24. Winnie847

Winnie847

That makes sense, it was too small of a penalty to be for the contact I think.

25. O604

O604

Great race by Maraglino.

Brooks deserved better.

gtpierre likes this.
  26. sundaydriving

sundaydriving

I find it hard to believe this guy speaks/understands absolutely no english at all. He might also have a problem with her accent. Or maybe he never learnt english because he was busy playing gt sport during those lessons?

The guy who confused NZ and Aus gets my thumbs up. When I hear someone make that faux pas I always follow it up with a suggestion that NZ is the 7th state of Aus anyway, so all is good. :lol::lol:

Good race and an enjoyable 20 mins of watching. I skipped the rest.

Sander 001 likes this.
  27. Downhill Dino

Downhill Dino Premium

I still don't fully get this. It's the only esport I know that doesn't primarily show usernames. Think it might just be it's close ties to the real world or something.

Winnie847 likes this.
  28. Loverson

Loverson

I don't want to speak in behalf of italians but there aren't that many that really speak english for some reason.
    Wherever i worked and studied, i would find 70% of people having trouble speaking english.

Maybe it's just my experience :lol:

Sander 001, gtpierre and Krypton78 like this.
  29. gtpierre

gtpierre

Yeah penalties were BS, I think 50% of the races I did in the sport mode were cleaner.

Maraglino, Brooks and Kevelham did a good job driving clean, the rest, not so much.

Sander 001 and Winnie847 like this.
  30. kjeldsen

kjeldsen

How is your Italian, Spanish or French? In my personal experience the big countries in Europe , Germany, Spain, France and Italy tend to produce the worst english speaking europeans, Germans are usually the best of the bunch :-)

Sander 001 likes this.