LM1000hp Le Mans Championship - Sundays @ 19:30 GMT+0Finished 

Sorry i could not stick around for the post race interviews but family commitments get in the way sometimes. I must admit that Daytona is not one of my top 5 tracks. You spend too much time on the banking and with these cars it is more fun to turn corners. Doc can you look at lap 7 of my race #2. I got tagged and spun from behind and no one waited for my recovery. I made enough mistakes on my own that the incident had little impact on my results although it did affect how I raced. I probably pushed harder than necessary in order to make up time and then mistakes took over.

Hi everyone, I forgot too leave a comment earlier but I have been ill all weekend and in and out of sleeping because of it, sorry for not taking part. I will be ready next week.

Race Results Round 1. Daytona Road

Race 1.
image.jpg

Race 2.
image.jpg

Hi everyone, I forgot too leave a comment earlier but I have been ill all weekend and in and out of sleeping because of it, sorry for not taking part. I will be ready next week.

No problem, hope you're feeling better - see you for Redbull Ring.

I think everyone played their part in an exciting and safe rolling start. Looked great on replay - I'll be uploading some pictures this week.

The following minor update to regs should help keep everything running smoothly:

Formation Lap
  • Drivers are permitted (where safe) to exceed the 100mph target speed only in order to close the gap to the car in front

• Round 1 Daytona

Turn 1 - Laryo defends against Uncle through the tricky first corner after passing moments earlier on main straight

Round1Daytona014_zpsb66d2425.jpg

Last edited:
  • Round 1 Daytona

Bus Stop - Flanked moves up a position into the chicane during a very close battle with Jokair

Round1Daytona005_zpsa7f2e774.jpg

Last edited:
  • Round 1 Daytona
Rolling Start - the championship's first non-grid start proved incident free and after 35 laps saw Doctorpotford take top spot on the podium

Round1Daytona015_zps97320a20.jpg

Last edited:
Daytona Incident Report.

The coming together between Bob and Mulligan has been deemed a racing incident.

Although Mulligan span Bob by clipping his rear, the situation arose due to Bob running very wide mid corner then cut back across Mulligan on the exit who was on the racing line with nowhere to go. Mulligan attempted to avoid the coming together but was unsuccessful. An unfortunate incident.

Therefor it would be unfair to issue Mulligan with any penalty.

Doc: I can live with that. I was slowed up by other drivers so was attempting to get out of the corner faster on a slightly different angle. Just a racing incident.

Was 2 good races lastnight, I'm happy enough with 4th and 4th but so many needless mistakes. First race I just drove straight through the pits so had to go in again on the next lap. Second race I went in to get softs and stayed on medium, so went in the next lap and went to quick so drove straight through again so went in again the next lap and finally managed to get softs. I found it a really awkward pit entry for this track.

Well played Mulligan on 2 wins, great drive. Some good close racing a lot of the time and overall enjoyed the track.

• Re Spa start time - I have voted twice - with 17:30 selected for Atlon as not on GTP.

:gtpflag:

Have posted pic on news/page 1 of start/finish line for info re rolling start.

Laps for race 1 and 2 posted

Last edited:
  • Round 2 Redbull Ring
Jochen Rindt Corner - Dazgtr keeps his cool in his debut LM1000hp race to hold off a late push from VeeDubber as unexpected rain proved an added element to contend with

RedBullRing_4edit_zps2d062976.jpg

Last edited:
  • Round 2 Redbull Ring
Gosser Corner - Mulligan would go on to win both races at the Austrian circuit, shown leading from Bob and Jokair

RedBullRingedit_zps5850fdaf.jpg

• Round 2 Redbull Ring
Remus Corner - the Toyota 88CV of Mulligan demonstrates the change in elevation which would prove to be a challenge to the entire field

RedBullRing_3edit_zps1cab164e.jpg

Hello, I would like to race in this. When can I do the incident practice race, to see if I can race?

Hi. Thanks for interest in series, test session likely to be Tues but let me check everyone is about. Might be sooner if people free.

Have a look at cars. Modern LMP is full but historic Group C has cars remaining. For testing purposes though any Le Mans car listed but not used in series eg R18 Audi is fine.

Thanks
Mark

Hi. Thanks for interest in series, test session likely to be Tues but let me check everyone is about. Might be sooner if people free.

Have a look at cars. Modern LMP is full but historic Group C has cars remaining. For testing purposes though any Le Mans car listed but not used in series eg R18 Audi is fine.

Thanks
Mark

Tuesday sounds good, that will give me a bit of time to look of the cars and get a setup. I guess it will be just a short race with X amount of other cars on track?

Back