Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

Figured I'd add my thoughts here after a weekend of playing.

I have nothing to compare it to, but god damn this wheel, coupled with GT7 in VR, is so much fun. The sensation you get through the wheel is mad. The clunk when the gear changes, the feeling of knowing if a car has hit you on the left or right side. I find myself driving on the rumble strips cause it just feels so good.

And again, not much to compare it too, but the build of this feels incredible. I get the plastic comments, but any fear of the build quality melted away as soon as I got it out the box.

Logitech's customer support has been the one major downside honestly.

I have nothing to compare it to, but god damn this wheel, coupled with GT7 in VR, is so much fun. The sensation you get through the wheel is mad. The clunk when the gear changes, the feeling of knowing if a car has hit you on the left or right side. I find myself driving on the rumble strips cause it just feels so good.

And again, not much to compare it too, but the build of this feels incredible. I get the plastic comments, but any fear of the build quality melted away as soon as I got it out the box.

Nice.. looking forward to mine, getting it today. Also will be playing gt7 in vr.

Make sure the QR collar isn't in its "deployed" state by squeezing it until it clicks. Now try putting the wheel on the base.

Just got my wheel and it seems its defective.

Got to the supposedly easiest bit of putting the wheel on the base, lined up the arrow with the base and no matter what it will not attach.
You need to pull the black plastic ring when attaching it.

Make sure the QR collar isn't in its "deployed" state by squeezing it until it clicks. Now try putting the wheel on the base.
Thank you that was it. I'm sure I saw on YouTube videos you didn't need to unlock it before attaching, ie you could just push it on. Cheers

It does seem extremely stiff
I took it off just to test it again, and pulled back the ring, and it wasnt going on. Had to do a few attempts.

You need to pull the black plastic ring when attaching it.
Quick note here: you don't need to keep it squeezed because it has a locking mechanism that keeps it in place. When attaching to the wheel base just push the rim on (without touching the QR collar) until it clicks into place.

Thank you that was it. I'm sure I saw on YouTube videos you didn't need to unlock it before attaching, ie you could just push it on. Cheers
Ordinarily it will be in the unlocked position when you remove it from the wheel base by the very act of squeezing the QR collar and then removing the wheel rim - it should stay in the unlocked position. When you push it on to the base that then pushes the small collar that you can see inside the QR on the wheel rim that holds the retaining ball bearings in place - when that gets pushed out of the way it allows the ball bearings to sit into the holes on the QR adapter on the wheel base.

All that's happened here is that it's moved during shipping so it was in its locked position.

Screenshot 2023-03-27 133815.png

firmware update failed, all going wrong :(

Quit G HUB, restart it and try it again. If it still fails then let me know the serial number on the wheel base please, as well as how far it gets before it fails (also, is this PC or Mac)?

Last edited:
Quit G HUB, restart it and try it again. If it still fails then let me know the serial number on the wheel base please, as well as how far it gets before it fails.
Had to take the power out and put it back in - the red button on the front wasn't doing anything.
It then resumed from half way progress and now has completed. Hope its ok.

I’ve actually never ran into poor support from Logitech, besides wheels losing support but I guess that’s not actually their fault. Maybe I’ve lucked out with Logitech stuff, bought an MX something er other mouse like 15 years ago, just last year it quit and I think it’s just dirty, might take it apart and clean sometime. I think their support is thorough so that can get frustrating but in the end I think they just want to try every possible fix before sending stuff back.

Hello, I have the PC away from my Logitech G Pro version. PS5.
Is it necessary to update the firmware of the wheel on consoles?
I am only going to use the wheel on PlayStation 5. I do NOT use PC.

Last edited:
Got it all setup and played a bit of gt7 with recommended settings, and a few things just seem off.

I've had in the past the thrustmaster ts xw, thrustmaster tgt ii and the direct drive t818. All with tlcm load cell pedals.

The issue I have is the force feedback seems non existent.. I tried the tgt ii with gt7 and it felt it had more than this. Also I am stomping on the brake and its literally not doing anything ie the breaking is so slow.

Really confused.

Hmm I think it may be that the pedals are far closer to me when mounted on the playseat trophy compared to the tlcms. I'm sure the FFB will be better on pc...

Last edited:
Got it all setup and played a bit of gt7 with recommended settings, and a few things just seem off.

I've had in the past the thrustmaster ts xw, thrustmaster tgt ii and the direct drive t818. All with tlcm load cell pedals.

The issue I have is the force feedback seems non existent.. I tried the tgt ii with gt7 and it felt it had more than this. Also I am stomping on the brake and its literally not doing anything ie the breaking is so slow.

Really confused.

Hmm I think it may be that the pedals are far closer to me when mounted on the playseat trophy compared to the tlcms. I'm sure the FFB will be better on pc...

Did you take a look inside the wheels onboard settings? Both the FF strength as well as the break force can be adjusted there. I had the TGT2 too and the Pro is miles better in every way.

Increase the Max FFB Torque in GT7’s settings to get more strength out of the wheel.

For the brake you can adjust the Brake Force setting on the wheel base but then you have four ways to see what the actual response is:

1. On the brake force setting screen (pressing the brake will cause a horizontal bar to appear across the bottom of the OLED display)
2. On the test page of the OLED when you’re not changing any settings
3. In GT7’s steering controller test page
4. In the car with the brake response bar

Last edited:
I've had my G Pro for nearly three weeks now. On the whole I love it but over the weekend it started getting noisy; not terrible sounds like something is making a noise inside when turning the wheel It makes a very slight noise when turning the wheel while switched off. Is there a chance something could have got inside the casing? Anyone else had a similar problem? The wheel itself seems to be operating fine but it is quite annoying hearing the noise especially since it's so silent normally. It is especially apparent when running over large curbs etc on GT7.

The wheel and pedals offer out of the box so much customization options, literally you can set it exactly as you want.

Last edited:
I've had my G Pro for nearly three weeks now. On the whole I love it but over the weekend it started getting noisy; not terrible sounds like something is making a noise inside when turning the wheel It makes a very slight noise when turning the wheel while switched off. Is there a chance something could have got inside the casing? Anyone else had a similar problem? The wheel itself seems to be operating fine but it is quite annoying hearing the noise especially since it's so silent normally. It is especially apparent when running over large curbs etc on GT7.
This probably needs a video so we can hear. However, I will say that there should be a small sound as you turn the wheel - it’s the hard stop mechanism.

Had two wheels, both out of the box made slight noise when turned. It's normal.

Are you sure it’s not trueforce? Sounds like it.

No it was completely silent before, Trueforce feedback is making the noise more apparent. While the wheel is not powered it still makes a noise like something is rubbing occasionally like it wasn't before. This isn't the normal 'whirring' noise of the motor spinning, it's like something lose or rubbing.. Hard to explain but it's a bit like when your power steering pump is going on your car and you get that sort of quiet grinding sound.. It's just more noticeable with the trueforce feedback 'noise' than with just regular use. Hard to explain and it's difficult to pick up on video, but it's there!

I'll try and get a video that picks the noise up, it might be possible to hear it best with the wheel powered and the game on mute... Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to test it out

Last edited:
Increase the Max FFB Torque in GT7’s settings to get more strength out of the wheel.

For the brake you can adjust the Brake Force setting on the wheel base but then you have four ways to see what the actual response is:

1. On the brake force setting screen (pressing the brake will cause a horizontal bar to appear across the bottom of the OLED display)
2. On the test page of the OLED when you’re not changing any settings
3. In GT7’s steering controller test page
4. In the car with the brake response bar
Thank you.
I turned up trueforce to 50 and the max ffb from 5 to 7. Got more used to the breaking now as well.

The build quality of the wheel is great. The paddles are many times better than the magnetic ones Thrustmaster offer.

Definitely enjoying it :), just need a formula wheel to go with it now...

No it was completely silent before, Trueforce feedback is making the noise more apparent. While the wheel is not powered it still makes a noise like something is rubbing occasionally like it wasn't before. This isn't the normal 'whirring' noise of the motor spinning, it's like something lose or rubbing.. Hard to explain but it's a bit like when your power steering pump is going on your car and you get that sort of quiet grinding sound.. It's just more noticeable with the trueforce feedback 'noise' than with just regular use. Hard to explain and it's difficult to pick up on video, but it's there!

I'll try and get a video that picks the noise up, it might be possible to hear it best with the wheel powered and the game on mute... Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to test it out
If it only happens when off, then it's likely normal as with most DD wheels. If there's no power to the motor, then you'll feel/hear things.

This probably needs a video so we can hear. However, I will say that there should be a small sound as you turn the wheel - it’s the hard stop mechanism.

This is the best I can do, it's audible while driving obviously which is where it first started but you can hear it here while the wheel is not powered.

Mines silent, but if I turn it quickly then there’s a slight whirring noise. I accidentally touched the wheel once when it powered on before it was done and there was a bit of a noise, I shut it off and restarted it to make sure I didn’t goof up the calibration and it seemed fine.

Back