Logitech G27 in GT Sport.

• Thread starter owoc12
  • 106 comments
The pedals aren't worlds apart, they are identical in every way except the brake spring, for which, a $30 progressive spring mod can be delivered to your door in about 3 or 4 days, allowing you to swap out your current G27 brake spring into the clutch if you want a stiffer feel there as well. The internals of the G29 are pretty much identical to the G27 except for the sensor which was upgraded. The shifter for the G29 is the same shifter but lacks the 8 buttons and 4 way d-pad that effectively gave you 12 more buttons with the G27. All for double the price I paid for my G27 just 3 years ago.
There is much more buttons on the G29 Wheel anyway, and they are relevent ones that go with the console you play, since I have both I can clearly say the feel is significantly different between the two.

Attachments

• 20161220_195302.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 37
G27 is the g29 with same internals. And people think it's a bad thing that it is similar internals !!!

Your feeling bent today ??

I really really REALLY wanna explain to you.. but the internet is rife with such creatures who have verbal diahorria were they regurgitate this "divine insight"
Looool

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Highly unlikely, imo, given the amount of optimistic dribble that Kaz spouts and the fact that they're a first party studio and Sony has a vested interest in them not being compatible.

I'm not sure it's quite as clear cut as that. I imagine a significant part of Gran Turismo (wheel)user base has been driven to a logitech wheel purchase in the past. Some may not be willing or in a position to upgrade their peripherals. Maybe that market share is expandable, maybe it's not. Sony sure must know what devices are being connected to play the racing games (PS3/PS4) and may want to adjust their policy accordingly.

I'm not sure it's quite as clear cut as that. I imagine a significant part of Gran Turismo (wheel)user base has been driven to a logitech wheel purchase in the past. Some may not be willing or in a position to upgrade their peripherals. Maybe that market share is expandable, maybe it's not. Sony sure must know what devices are being connected to play the racing games (PS3/PS4) and may want to adjust their policy accordingly.

Look, I agree. I still have a DFGT, although it mostly sits in the cupboard these days as I also have a CSR. But I'd be totally on board with Logitech support as a CSR emulates a G25 in order to play on PS3.

I just don't think that Sony will have changed their mind about peripherals since the launch of PS4. They knew what peripherals were in use on PS3, and they knew that some people won't be able to afford several hundred dollars for a new wheel. Especially now that there's not a good budget wheel like the DFGT available. You don't get anything like that quality for $100 these days. I think whatever logic guided Sony into the original decision to lock out non-PS4 specific peripherals will still hold, no matter how faulty that logic might appear to us.

Your G27 cost £75 then? My G29 cost £150. Also it has a Dpad and the DFGT specific buttons.
I don't pay in £ I pay in $CDN. The regular price of the G29 here is $499 without the shifter, with the shifter about $580. You can get both now for about $CDN450. Even on sale, I paid less than half of that and that was regular price at the time. Didn't say it doesn't have buttons, I just pointed out that the shifter, which is included with the G27, has 12 more.

There is much more buttons on the G29 Wheel anyway, and they are relevent ones that go with the console you play, since I have both I can clearly say the feel is significantly different between the two.
There is? I have 18 buttons in total, how many do you have?

False. I own both and use both on the ps3. There is a lot of difference in feel between the two along with many more buttons on the wheel itself and let us not forget the massive difference between stock g27 pedals and the stock g29. Worlds apart there.

It can be simply that it is just a slight variation betweet the wheels, just like it was for my two g27. The first one that had 2-3 years of use felt a lot stronger then the second one I received as a replacement from the store. It felt more tuned down and I got it just when the g29 came out. Maybe it is a g29 in disguise as a g27, or like I said that maybe you feel the variation that occur even in "same" models.

Not on the wheel you don't, the convenience helps if your in a race.

I can also save my videos from a button on my wheel.
I generally don't use buttons while turning, only while driving straight so having the buttons on the gearshift has never been an issue. Having less buttons would be since all of mine are assigned. Having a button to save a video isn't worth double the price, I could use a controller for that.

I generally don't use buttons while turning, only while driving straight so having the buttons on the gearshift has never been an issue. Having less buttons would be since all of mine are assigned. Having a button to save a video isn't worth double the price, I could use a controller for that.
There is 18 buttons on the Wheel only with the G29 anyway though.

False. I own both and use both on the ps3. There is a lot of difference in feel between the two along with many more buttons on the wheel itself and let us not forget the massive difference between stock g27 pedals and the stock g29. Worlds apart there.

I think you're overstating some fairly minor stuff, the only difference with the pedals is the equivalent of a popular cheap mod done to the G25/G27 pedals (quite literally it's a lump of rubber in the pedal casing, 15-20min work), the wheel itself has the same internals aside from a slight design improvement to fix the common optical encoder issue.

There is a much bigger difference between the G25 and G27 (because of the differences with the base unit) and that was already widely considered to be a very small difference in practice (only real advantage was the G27 being quieter). if you're trying to paint the G29 as anything more than a slightly updated G27 then you're overstating it, if you take away the pedal mod then for PC users the G27 is a still arguably a more attractive package than the G29.

Last edited:
You can get an adapter that makes PS4 think you have G29 but I don't have info on it ATM

You can also make your own adapter with GIMX and there should be no lag.

You can get an adapter that makes PS4 think you have G29 but I don't have info on it ATM

You can also make your own adapter with GIMX and there should be no lag.

I use GIMX to enable me to use my CSR on newer PS4 games (Sony only prevented legacy wheels from being used from about August or September last year, all older games work fine). I can assure anyone who is thinking about it that there is no noticeable lag using GIMX. I use my CSR is PS3 mode, so it's emulating a G25, which the PC then uses to emulate a G29. It's the Inception of wheel emulation :sly:

There's a bit of a mess of cords involved, as you need to connect the adaptor to the PS4 and a computer (I use my cruddy old Toshiba laptop running Vista), and then thanks to only having 2 USB ports on the laptop, I run a USB hub from that, to which I have connected my CSR and a DS4 for authentication. The mess is worth it to get my old wheel working in games like F1 2016 and AC, and because 🤬 Sony.

...I do plan to upgrade to a T300 at some stage, but I'll need to buy a CPX adaptor to use my CSPs, because there's no way I'm going back to using a set of plastic pot pedals.

Still really disappointed that Sony isn't confirming support for older wheels on PS4. I paid $125 for my DFGT and it still works perfectly on my PC racing games. I simply cannot justify dropping another $200+ on another wheel just so I can play GT Sport properly when I already own one designed specifically for GT. Sorry Sony, if you don't support the wheel I bought just for your franchise, I can't continue to support your franchise.

Still really disappointed that Sony isn't confirming support for older wheels on PS4. I paid $125 for my DFGT and it still works perfectly on my PC racing games. I simply cannot justify dropping another $200+ on another wheel just so I can play GT Sport properly when I already own one designed specifically for GT. Sorry Sony, if you don't support the wheel I bought just for your franchise, I can't continue to support your franchise.

I'd hate to be the bearer of bad news mate, but old Logitech wheels are 100% not going to work in any PS4 game, ever.

At first, Sony allowed any non-official wheel to be supported in-game, but this required the wheel makers to provide drivers to the game developers. Fanatec provided drivers for PS3 era wheels to devs, which is why in older PS4 racing titles, you can use all the PS3/XB360 wheels without any problems. Logitech, on the other hand, chose to not allow their PS3 wheels to be supported in-game. This was because their new wheel was basically just a G27 with a different rim and official PS4 support, so them allowing G25s and 27s to be supported in-game would likely mean less sales of their G29.

Sony then did a spectacular backflip on their decision to allow legacy wheels in-game, and overnight the in-game support of Fanatec wheels stopped. This didn't affect games like Pcars, Dirt Rally, SLRE, F1 2015, and The Crew, because they were released before this backflip, but games like F1 2016 and Assetto Corsa, which were released after the backflip, had no Fanatec support.

Thrustmaster, being the official partner for the PS4, is still allowed to have it's PS3 wheels supported in-game it seems (The T500 is still being supported in-game, despite being a PS3 wheel). But Fanatec have since started working on an officially licenced version of their CSL base for PS4, and Logitech, who never offered in-game support for PS3 wheels anyway, have their officially licenced G29.

The good news is you can make a GIMX adaptor for around $10 or less, and use the GIMX software for free, to make any Logitech PS3 wheel, or any Fanatec wheel with a PS3 mode, work on PS4. It's a bit of hassle to get it all set up, but if you don't want to/can't afford to buy a new official PS4 wheel, it's a great alternative. I use it to enable me to play F1 2016 and AC with my Fanatec CSR.

I'd hate to be the bearer of bad news mate, but old Logitech wheels are 100% not going to work in any PS4 game, ever.

At first, Sony allowed any non-official wheel to be supported in-game, but this required the wheel makers to provide drivers to the game developers. Fanatec provided drivers for PS3 era wheels to devs, which is why in older PS4 racing titles, you can use all the PS3/XB360 wheels without any problems. Logitech, on the other hand, chose to not allow their PS3 wheels to be supported in-game. This was because their new wheel was basically just a G27 with a different rim and official PS4 support, so them allowing G25s and 27s to be supported in-game would likely mean less sales of their G29.

Sony then did a spectacular backflip on their decision to allow legacy wheels in-game, and overnight the in-game support of Fanatec wheels stopped. This didn't affect games like Pcars, Dirt Rally, SLRE, F1 2015, and The Crew, because they were released before this backflip, but games like F1 2016 and Assetto Corsa, which were released after the backflip, had no Fanatec support.

Thrustmaster, being the official partner for the PS4, is still allowed to have it's PS3 wheels supported in-game it seems (The T500 is still being supported in-game, despite being a PS3 wheel). But Fanatec have since started working on an officially licenced version of their CSL base for PS4, and Logitech, who never offered in-game support for PS3 wheels anyway, have their officially licenced G29.

The good news is you can make a GIMX adaptor for around $10 or less, and use the GIMX software for free, to make any Logitech PS3 wheel, or any Fanatec wheel with a PS3 mode, work on PS4. It's a bit of hassle to get it all set up, but if you don't want to/can't afford to buy a new official PS4 wheel, it's a great alternative. I use it to enable me to play F1 2016 and AC with my Fanatec CSR.

What he said^ Use GIMX and thank us later.

After my T150 broke, I decided to try an Adapter before I purchase a Wheel or anything. I must say, I'm quite happy with this converter. Yes I have to put it back in the PC and Change the Settings for each game I want to Play, and I can't set all the Buttons to my liking. A good Wheel sure is much better, but if the Budget is low, this converter cost around 120 Euros.
edit: go to min 6:40 to skip the GT6 gameplay, after that I tried AC, PCARS and DiRT Rally

Last edited:
Will it still retain all the FFB functionality or does that just map the inputs like a controller adapter?

Yes, everything will work as it's meant to.

After my T150 broke, I decided to try an Adapter before I purchase a Wheel or anything. I must say, I'm quite happy with this converter. Yes I have to put it back in the PC and Change the Settings for each game I want to Play, and I can't set all the Buttons to my liking. A good Wheel sure is much better, but if the Budget is low, this converter cost around 120 Euros.
edit: go to min 6:40 to skip the GT6 gameplay, after that I tried AC, PCARS and DiRT Rally

The reasnow is very expensive compared to a $10 GIMX adaptor. Also, with GIMX you can custom map everything.

Well, of Course the difference in Price huge, but you have described perfectly how much of a hassle it is to set it all up. Now with the reasnow you don't really have any stress. That is why I came up with the Suggestion and I only stated that I am very happy with the decision I have made, for myself. Everyone who is trying to get their Wheel to work on current gen consoles can make up their minds themselves and choose what they would like to try out. I have said that, the 120 Euros I invested in this reasnow converter is a. still less than a T150 which will only work on PS3 and PS4 whereas the reasnow would also allow me to use on a xbox one (although there it only as a Controller but still) b. I plug it in and voila!

I will say this, there is a HUGE user base out there who have the pre G29 logitech wheels. Many many more copies of GT Sport will be sold if those users can use what they already have. With GT sport, Sony has a bigger incentive vs other PS4 driving titles, to do what is needed to make those older wheels work.

I will say this, there is a HUGE user base out there who have the pre G29 logitech wheels. Many many more copies of GT Sport will be sold if those users can use what they already have. With GT sport, Sony has a bigger incentive vs other PS4 driving titles, to do what is needed to make those older wheels work.
I was talking to a couple friends and they've all pretty much agreed if you need to buy a $400 wheel just to play one freaking game, it's cheaper to upgrade my existing PC and keep my G27 that I got for free.

The GIMX adapter will allow you to use any steering wheel you want(not just Logitech) with GT Sport. Dew it!

Back