Logitech G29 / G920 Driving Force Racing Wheel

• Thread starter drivatar
  • 1,154 comments
I think Logitech can only lose with this:

Either they bring the G29 and don't make the older ones compatible with PS4 which will result in a massive ****-storm from the G25/G27 owners
or
they release the G29 and make the old ones compatible which results in almost nobody buys it because they either people have already a compatible wheel or they will use the G25/27.

Last edited:
Nice to see that Logitech is fit enough to return to making Sim Racing peripherals. Hopefully they cause the other MFG's to step their game up.

And it's a nice looking wheel.

I disagree, the G27 is so old now that people are chomping at the bit. With wheels from all other manufacturers in short supply or not available at all, Logitech with their economies of scale can swoop in and take all those customers. It will sell like hotcakes.

I would imagine it is somewhere in between. When Project Cars came out, my first inclination was to get a new wheel for PS4. But then I realized I could continue using my G27 and spend my money ($300-$600) updating my PC Rig which I use for other games. So now I'm trying to figure out what new graphics card and monitor I want instead of what wheel do I want to replace my working wheels. If some financial flexibility comes my way, I may pick up a premium wheel a year or so down the road.

What do you mean? It looks like the static cling film that protects smooth plastic is applied. Other than that, I see nothing odd about it.

G29.jpg

Only one looks like the current official Logitech G logo.

I would imagine it is somewhere in between. When Project Cars came out, my first inclination was to get a new wheel for PS4. But then I realized I could continue using my G27 and spend my money ($300-$600) updating my PC Rig which I use for other games. So now I'm trying to figure out what new graphics card and monitor I want instead of what wheel do I want to replace my working wheels. If some financial flexibility comes my way, I may pick up a premium wheel a year or so down the road.

True but you are a minority as far as sim racers on consoles. Usually they don't race on PC.

Two things to do with the picture with the supposedly boxed g29 under the table.

The bottom box actually says on it driving force could this mean a budget wheel BUT

The top box says on it G27 not 29

My theory is a wheel just slightly better than the dfgt but with the option of upgrading to a new/ refined set of g27 pedals and then maybe later adding a shifter sort of like thrustmaster economy system.

Top box says G27 indeed but appears to have nowhere near the size to fit a wheel into it, while bottom box has a distinct 3 pedal set displayed on it...:confused:

From that picture, what I can see I think is spares or an upgrade for G27 owners. Looks like pedals I rate.

Bottom line is, the G27/G25 and DFGT seem likely that they will get PS4 support along with the possibility of the G29 making market shelves. However, the G29 should be a better wheel in itself, better than the G27 at maybe a higher cost plus it seems you could upgrade G27 parts to a G29 if cost permits.

I'm not so sure about how Logitech is approaching this business-wise so I guess we'll have to wait and see

From looking at the pic it looks to me like wheel and pedals in bottom box and gearstick/shifter in the top smaller black box... probably a G27 shifter hopefully slightly updated:indiff:

Doesn't make any difference to me as I sold my G25 for more than I originally paid for it 5 years previous and upgraded to a T300 GTE and honestly haven't looked back since but I am interested in how Logitech plan to deal with this situation....

I hope they don't shaft G25/7 owners with compatibility issues and say here is our solution buy a New Wheel:yuck:

I expect the Wheel and pedals to cost around £200 with the shifter being an extra £50-£60 as I cant see them being more expensive than a T300 as they would actually want to sell some units.....

I've never seen that style of box for the G27 or separate shifter before? Maybe they're repackaging the G27 minus shifter as a budget wheel? If that small box is indeed the G27 shifter, the box also features the pedals, the wheel is probably on there but it's blocked.

hhm0jgd.jpg

Maybe a brightened up snippet would help you guys out a bit. One thing is obvious though: the box on top of the blue box definitely says G27.

upload_2015-5-22_14-36-46.png

I also made it brighter.

2it52kl.jpg

The bottom box has pedals that look like g27 pedals on the side but with blue spring holders for the pedals.

The top box features the old red spring holders from the G27.

Maybe they sell the wheel separate so you can use your old G27 pedals and shifter with it?
And the box below is the complete new unit?

I also made it brighter.

2it52kl.jpg

The bottom box has pedals that look like g27 pedals on the side but with blue spring holders for the pedals.

The top box features the old red spring holders from the G27.

Maybe they sell the wheel separate so you can use your old G27 pedals and shifter with it?
And the box below is the complete new unit?
Well no matter what, I'm buying one or the other :P

Brushless motors? Belt or gears ? :)

My G25 was really a very nice wheel, nice to see Logitech coming back. Their products are the best when speaking of reliability.

I'll agree with @Whistle Snap that the g27 box could mean they updated it so that it has the security chip for PS4. That's always a possibility. But the title of the blue box (no, not the TARDIS) confuses me. Maybe its a Driving Force V2 or something, but I could be dead wrong.

EDIT: disregard the whole driving force thing. That's just me and my nonsense

Back