LOON's Drift vid- Lexus Drifting

• Thread starter Loon
  • 30 comments
GTPLoon
D1 Loon
This is the first vid I've done outside of the WDS. Me and my lexus SC430 drifting at a couple different places.

That's some pretty good stuff there Loon. Some very good links as well.

Keep it coming :)

Thanks for the comments Drift2XS and Swift, means alot coming from y'all especially when one of them is from The GREAT team of IDM.

Your welcome.

The only "problem" I saw was that your counter steer at times was erratic. Other then that it was quite good.

The reason my contersteer is like is because I use the d-pad, instead of the analog sticks, so I'm constantly tapping left left left or right right right.

The reason my contersteer is like is because I use the d-pad, instead of the analog sticks, so I'm constantly tapping left left left or right right right.

AH!!! Start with the analogs man. Chances are you're not getting the full lock. But about that, it's infinitely harder to ust the analog d-pad then the analog sticks. Yes, the d-pad is analog as well.

I would highly suggest going to the analog sticks asap. It may feel weird at first but it will certainly smooth things out.

Thanks for the tip Swift, I'll start practicing right away.

EDIT: What did y'all think of the music?

w00t for soarers!
A tip if you're gonna be using the stick is to constantly hold it up. That way it feels more like a steering wheel and you can be more precise. Otherwise looking good.

TRi
w00t for soarers!
A tip if you're gonna be using the stick is to constantly hold it up. That way it feels more like a steering wheel and you can be more precise. Otherwise looking good.

Good advise! 👍

Thanks for the comment and tip TRi, I'll try using that. I switched to using the sticks and now I find it alot easier to control the drift and when I try going back to the d-pad I lose control alot more and I look like I'm retarded.

oh, I don't know what causes that. Sometimes it comes out like that, other times it don't. I wish I knew how to fix it though.

D-Pad eh? How strong are you spring rates? I noticed you car responds real fast. I like linking corners together.

P.S. at first the music was ok since it had an Electronic theme to it, but it just got annoying and repetitive after.

Thanks Amaxx, the muxic is by me.

I haven't drifted that car in a while so I can't really remember the exact setting, but the springs are probably set to about 9 in the front 12 or 13 in the back, the car actually feels real sluggish to me, but its easy to control after changing directons so its pretty nice.

Good job on the tune. I've dabled with some "techno" production myself. Would only be more enjoyable if I had better equipment, but good job :)

Latest Posts

Back