Lots of Games have it Now. Should GT 5 have a Rewind Option?

• Thread starter Simple SIM
  • 1,300 comments

Gameplay Rewind Feature. Opinions.

• I will only buy GT5 if it makes it into the game.

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Yes, it should be in GT5.

Votes: 19 5.8%
  • I don't care if it is included, nor if it isn't.

Votes: 71 21.8%
  • No, it shouldn't be in GT5.

Votes: 210 64.6%
  • I won't buy GT5 if it makes it into the game.

Votes: 9 2.8%
  • I would never use it if it's in the game.

Votes: 74 22.8%
  • I would use it only during practice.

Votes: 30 9.2%
  • I would use it only during races.

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • I would use it in both modes (racing and practice).

Votes: 12 3.7%
  • Other (explain).

Votes: 7 2.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you like to have a rewind option in GT 5? Why or why not?

What sorts of things do you think a rewind feature would be good for?

Hell NO!!!

How can you call a game an racing simulator when you can rewind a mistake .... how many times you want...

No
If you screw up in an endurance race then well that's the whole point of an endurance race, to see how long can you endure and keep focus

nope, its pretty stupid imo. why would i want to rewind my mistakes. its called a racing sim , if you cant do it in rl, why add it in a racing sim.

No. GT is a pure game, strictly about the cars. I hate Forza 3 for screwing with space-time, but it's okay, because Forza never was as pure as GT.

No, stop asking for more stupid features please.

Next up: "Should GT accurate simulate your life as well? With proper damage modeling of course."

Rewind option is retarded, get that crap as far away from my GT as possible please.

You don't have to use it, you know.

Anyways, it's not that bad. I got fishtailed in the FM3 demo, and it actually comes in pretty handy. I've been way too criticizing of it, honestly, as I like it. Won't always use it, but I like the option.

I did a search to see if this had been talked about before and I didn't find anything. Why would this get ugly?

Because everything that is going to happen in this thread is full-collision between two groups of people.

First will say "Whatever" (myself included) because it is just another of options that can help less-hardcore to enjoy their game and I don't care abot it in the same manner I don't care about new genre-pestilence called "track guide".

Second will scream "No" because they think it should bnot be in simulation game no matter what, without taking into account they will not have to use it because it is optional and it is always limited to single player mode.

And there will be no conclusion.

No. GT is a pure game, strictly about the cars. I hate Forza 3 for screwing with space-time, but it's okay, because Forza never was as pure as GT.

There are actually many racing games that have it. This has nothing to do with Forza. We are talking about a rewind feature.

So... don't use it. But how is that a good reason for not including the feature in the game?
well give us a good reason why it should? your playing a racing sim game, not a arcade game. when you make mistakes in RL racing you pay for it. should be the same for a racing sim.

Because everything that is going to happen in this thread is full-collision between two groups of people.

First will say "Whatever" (myself included) because it is just another of options that can help less-hardcore to enjoy their game and I don't care abot it in the same manner I don't care about new genre-pestilence called "track guide".

Second will scream "No" because they think it should bnot be in simulation game no matter what, without taking into account they will not have to use it because it is optional and it is always limited to single player mode.

And there will be no conclusion.
More like if PD keeps on trying to add one stupid feature after another because some fans wants it, the game will never be finished? If people like rewind option and crappy damage and 3D trees, there are plenty of games out there that does it right now. PD shouldn't have to bend over backwards and add junk to their games because certain fans think that certain options might be cool in GT one morning when they woke up.

GT is just a driving game, let's keep it simple people!

No.

That takes the thrill out of pushing a car to it's very limits with near gripless worn out tires, because if you overcook a turn and wind up facing that apex, suddenly you can just pretend it didn't happen, as opposed to work your buns off making up that time.

Hell no! But I want a rewind-forward option for replays.
Wouldn't the rewind cancel out the forward? SO you'd be pressing the rewind-forward button and the game would just play at the normal rate. XD

I'm just being pedantic.

Please no. I feel it takes away from maturing as a driver/racer. Even in real life, we learn better from our mistakes. If you keep it out, we'll continue to work harder at improving our driving.

well give us a good reason why it should? your playing a racing sim game, not a arcade game. when you make mistakes in RL racing you pay for it. should be the same for a racing sim.

Well, in Gran Turismo ( and every other racing game I can think of ) you can press start at any point and click on "restart race"

Nothing realistic about that but the game would be downright frustrating without it.

I know most people are thinking that it would take all the challenge of out the game but you don't have to use it. I have even seen the option to turn it off before you start the race so temptation won't even be a problem.

So I'm gonna try not to even cover the most obvious "If you make a mistake you can just rewind and do it again" aspect of this.

1. It's fun - You can get in a series of crashes over and over again if you want to.

2. You can use it to test/mess around with the AI if it suits you. Put the AI through a series or extreme maneuvers to see how it responds.

3. It's a great way to master corners especially when it comes to drifting. Before I had to attempt a drift and if I messed it up I'd just move onto the next corner and so on untill I completed a lap and could try it again.

But with a rewind feature I can try that same corner over and over again. Adjust my speed, my angle of approach, different timing of when to use the e-brake, different methods of initiating drift ect. Do it 5 times 10 times 50 times, but when you are done you will have MASTERED that corner and can move on to the next one.

The rewind feature is an invaluable tool IMO. I sincerely hope it will be in GT 5.

Wouldn't the rewind cancel out the forward? SO you'd be pressing the rewind-forward button and the game would just play at the normal rate. XD

I'm just being pedantic.

Funny guy..

and oh, I don't remember having that in GT4, weird!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back