Lotus Elise 111R Tuned aka ridiculous!

• Thread starter magburner
  • 131 comments

magburner

Premium
Wales
The Empire State
magburner, GTP_madgurner, showtime_uk
Heh-heh! Its been a while. ;) I've been busy jammin' the game solid these past few days, and I've noticed that the Lotus Elise 11R tuned is a ridiculous car! Its fast, handles like a dream, and there is nothing (save the F2007) that can touch it!

I've been getting first places all day long on the 650 point races at Daytona Super Speedway, and even managed to get to around 56 on the time trial leader board for that track.

What do you guys think of this car?

That car has won me S class full stop. As I said in another thread, a little lacking on straights but its cornering ability is out of this world. S:10 is a breeze in that car!

that car is great, to great am afraid, in online races this is the only car to drive if you want chanse to win, wich i think is sad when there are soo many great cars i want to drive (but my hunger to win is bigger hehe)

Well this car is a racers dream i real life. Iv had a chance to drive one in real life and i handels like a champ and i own a FC with trin coilovers, cusco swaybars tein pillowball mounts so on and so forth. yes bad ass like in real life

This is exactly what happens when you add stupid systems like performance points. You get one or two cars that rule the rest as someone said, just like Forza2. Points = bad, stock cars = good.

But I can hardly say its a noob car. Its very hard to drive at suzuka, I was all over the place at first. It turns weird like a go cart, kind of just moves sideways instead of a circle. But once you get used to it and maybe tweak it a little, yeah its fast :)

The car is great and all but i've got a few problems driving it. I get major lift off oversteer especially around hsr. Same problem also if I hit a slipstream mid corner. Started working on a setup to fix this but what have others used if anything?

that car is great, to great am afraid, in online races this is the only car to drive if you want chanse to win, wich i think is sad when there are soo many great cars i want to drive (but my hunger to win is bigger hehe)

"Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment, full effort is full victory."
- Mohandas Gandhi

This car is GT5s Forza2 Intergra.

I so hope that private lobbies are coming soon so I can set up races with stockcars only.

So it's better than the Elise Tuned, I thought that was good because I was beating people in 111R's in that, I suppose I could beat them more now!

The Elise 111R Tuned is definitly emerging from the lot. the 650 point Susuka online event is its home :-)
I have been playing all day with it yesterday, and only other Elise can follow.
Even the wonderful GT-R or the 430 are no match, they just are too slow in corners. I'd say the situation will change when some good quick tune setup will be published on the web for these 2 cars.

I'm still far behind the bests in time trial (I'm around 2.08min in Susuka, where the leaders do it in 2.02min).
I think my quick tune setup has a lot of room for improvement.
Anybody would have a good one to share?

@ JPAP

i wonder if the original thread poster has it on pro mode, beacuase when in Pro this car is a handful! instant throttle off oversteer on high speed corners and some power on oversteer on medium corners. A good idea is to lessen the rear spring rate from the stock setting, and increase a tad the rear stabiliser, maybe by one notch...it helps a bit but you really must tread lightly when applying the throttle....it helped me a little but is it still difficult to win a race..it slides way to much to be competetive...:(

@ JPAP

i wonder if the original thread poster has it on pro mode, beacuase when in Pro this car is a handful! instant throttle off oversteer on high speed corners and some power on oversteer on medium corners. A good idea is to lessen the rear spring rate from the stock setting, and increase a tad the rear stabiliser, maybe by one notch...it helps a bit but you really must tread lightly when applying the throttle....it helped me a little but is it still difficult to win a race..it slides way to much to be competetive...:(

yep a major handfull. i've spent the last hour driving this car around HSR in a time trial trying to keep the car on the road and only managing every 1 in 5 laps to actually not spin out. The final corner catches me out a lot as well. I noticed guy with the fastest time did it with tc set to 1 and the car is actually harder to drive that way because you cant control it at all once it does slide out.

I'm trying to be able to control this car with stock settings but i'm getting close to giving up on that. The car setup for 630pp and asm on seems to handle well but i'm going to play with the rear toe and spring rates to try and avoid having to use asm to keep the car on the road. Using asm on the car stock just leads to it bogging itself down all the time.

@all:
there´s no need for a supercar to be much too heavy. the weight concept of the elise 111r (tuned) is "super" !!
but let´s not talk about hypercars, o.k.?

im a big ariel atom fan..this has supercar performance, but at the end of the day, its not a supercar, end of..same story with the lotus

If we had the option to equip the stock cars with aero, the F430 would live with the Elise..no worries.

same battle has been going on berween the Atom and another lightweight thrasher, the Radical. Atom is the quicker car, but no aero so it gets munched around a track..boooo

When I saw that the top 20 of the susuka pro was mostly filled with Elise 111R tuned, I went to buy one. I couldn't control it at first,soo much oversteer and lost of control in long corner. Nearly impossible to keep on the track, no room for error.
I then started to play with the suspension, and now the car is brillant. The first corner is a good benchmark, I can take it very fast with no sliding. And if I make a mistake, the balance is good (neutral) and the card is easy to "retrieve" (no killer oversteer).
I don't have my setup because I'm at work but will post it later on.
If you have a good setup, you should be able to take the last corner (before the chicane) at full speed without decelerating. I'm not there yet, my setup still need some tuning... Another thing that made a HUGE difference for me : the turning angle. This car is soo responsive that I set it up to minimum. Turning is now much smoother and this is what you need on the serie of corners at the begining of the track.

I wouldn't call the Elise 111R a noob car... It takes skill and precision to get the most out of it. Besides, if the grid consists of a few Elise 111R's then it can be a tough race, and it comes down to car setup and driving skill.

The car is great and all but i've got a few problems driving it. I get major lift off oversteer especially around hsr. Same problem also if I hit a slipstream mid corner. Started working on a setup to fix this but what have others used if anything?

I've got a good setup I'll post once I'm out of bed. Its damn fast in straight lines, and faster in the corners. Its for Daytona, but I'm sure you can adapt it to suit your needs. :)

EDIT: @Havok_

I only drive in pro mode with manual transmission no traction control, and no other aids bar the racing line, But I do use a soupson of ABS. I use the racing line to familiarise myself with the apexes on the new courses, and the ABS setting of 1 is because I am a little coy when it comes to the car locking up on corners. Once I'm up to speed with the game, I'll turn them all off.

BTW: your right about the car being a handfull, but then so are all the mid-engined cars. My 'F430 killing' NSX-R is just the same!

I hate the car at the minute. It has plenty of agility but the extreme oversteer just wrecks it on the track. I've been playing GT for about 10 years now, can blitz most of the times with non-oversteering vehicles and yet I can't seem to tame oversteer (I'm literally 10 whole seconds off the Suzuka leader using the same car). Just take a look at the PP650 Time Trial @ London. I am consistently 4 seconds off the Lotus Elise 111R (tuned) leader simply because he can somehow manage to tame the oversteer and I can't. At All. I've tried counter-steering but that guy doesn't seem to focus so heavily on that, so it would thus seem that it comes down to suspension tuning. But I've tried everything, and I too am about to give up with the car.

Also, does driving with a wheel make it any easier as opposed to driving with a SIXAXIS controller?

wheel definitely helps a lot. lets you turn the wheel those slight angles that the elise really needs to get around the track.

I don't think you could get good times on the Elise without a wheel. I have a G25 and I'm still finding it hard to drive :-)
You can kill the oversteer with a good suspension setup, and use it to trim your car balance.
One thing though, is that you need 2 setup I think, one for race, one for time trial.
For races, you want a forgiving car, as you will drive around the racing line and might be arriving too fast on corners. For Time trial, you want a car that you can drive at the grip limit. If it snaps, you won't bring it back, so just try again :-)

Latest Posts

Back