Lotus Elise 111R Tuned aka ridiculous!

  • Thread starter Thread starter magburner
  • 131 comments
  • 26,199 views
I meant the online event time trial (650 point Pro Susuka).
You can tune there
 
my setup (650 points, professional mode, all aids off) :
Power +6
Tyres R3-R3
Aero 20-35
Ride Height 0-0
Spring rate 5-8
Damper 3-3
Toe -0.5+0.5
Camber 2.5-2
Brake 5-3
Max tuning angle 30
Traction OFF
ABS OFF

I didn't touch the transmission (yet!) as I still want to improve the suspension first.

Please try this setup and let me know what you think. It is forgiving in fast corners and reduce the oversteer.
Again, there is a lot of room for impovement here, so feedback are welcome!
 
The car is great and all but i've got a few problems driving it. I get major lift off oversteer especially around hsr. Same problem also if I hit a slipstream mid corner. Started working on a setup to fix this but what have others used if anything?

Yeah, same. I have only tried it on DS3 and I have tried to fix the oversteer, but nothing have worked. This is only on HSR, haven't tried any other circuit.
 
In standard form on simulation/pro mode the car handle awful, just heading round the corner the back ends round even without any throttle!

Took a fair bit of tinkering with the setup to get it sorted, ended up having racing tyres on the back and sports on the front, and taking off alot of front end downforce. It then handles wonderful, sure it does easily spin but if you are smooth with it its extremely fast, and the breaking, wow!

Just out of interest, when you alter the cars setup does the game save the new setup or always default to the standard one?
 
I'm still far behind the bests in time trial (I'm around 2.08min in Susuka, where the leaders do it in 2.02min).

2:02.xxx? Serious? Wow. I have got to look at those times. In the pro event at suzuka I only manage 2:08's, to be 6 seconds faster is insane.

If you have a good setup, you should be able to take the last corner (before the chicane) at full speed without decelerating.

Then stock must be a good setup. This is what I hate about tuning. Its hard to tell whether your settings are making you faster or if you are just getting better. In your case you are just getting better because the stock setup can do 180R (i think thats its name) full throttle.


It was a strange learning curve for me and this car. At first I went straight to the back of the grid spinning everywhere and turning into the grass. But all of a sudden the car just felt easier and I was winning again. Made me start thinking was it really that hard before?

Just out of interest, when you alter the cars setup does the game save the new setup or always default to the standard one?

I tested this myself and it auto selects your quicktune.


EDIT by mod: Merging a triple post.
 
In your case you are just getting better because the stock setup can do 180R (i think thats its name) full throttle.

I think you are right, I'm able to do it full throttle now...
Are you using stock setup or did you modify the suspension in anyway?
 
found the ideal setup for the 630pp races. 0.5 toe in on the rear, 4.429 final drive ratio, 1 value lower rear spring rate. rest all left standard with no assits. Car easily winning in pro mode but it still gets stuffed up if hitting the rev limiter around a bend or on the throttle too early. But a world of a difference to drive compared to standard.

i'm still going to try master the car with standard setup but i want to clear s class before I do. i'm about 1 second off the pace atm on hsr in the time trials under professional. I should be ranked 13th or at least in the top 20 so i think my video is still up.

If anyone wants to watch my replay and compare it to the number one car and can make any obvious suggestions/changes for any of the turns please let me know.
 
Thanks for sharing your setup! Will try it at home tonight and will provide feedback.
 
Heh-heh! Its been a while. ;) I've been busy jammin' the game solid these past few days, and I've noticed that the Lotus Elise 11R tuned is a ridiculous car! Its fast, handles like a dream, and there is nothing (save the F2007) that can touch it!

I've been getting first places all day long on the 650 point races at Daytona Super Speedway, and even managed to get to around 56 on the time trial leader board for that track.

What do you guys think of this car?

Finally a nice Lotus that can beat them all.. well almost ;)
 
I think you are right, I'm able to do it full throttle now...
Are you using stock setup or did you modify the suspension in anyway?

Have not touched the suspension at all. Just dropped the weight and upped the power to meet 650p. I hate tuning cars, if I ever use a setup its usually a downloaded one. Shame we cant do this in gt yet.
 
found the ideal setup for the 630pp races. 0.5 toe in on the rear, 4.429 final drive ratio, 1 value lower rear spring rate. rest all left standard with no assits. .

I just tried, but this setup doesn't work for me. I can't keep the car straight during braking after the long straight, and I get too much oversteer in corner.

Try my setup (earlier post) and see what you think. You will find the car much easier to control.
 
I really dont like this car, its fast in corners but (as said above) the breaking is just not for me ... Even though did most of the S races with the GTR :)
 
my setup (650 points, professional mode, all aids off) :
Power +6
Tyres R3-R3
Aero 20-35
Ride Height 0-0
Spring rate 5-8
Damper 3-3
Toe -0.5+0.5
Camber 2.5-2
Brake 5-3
Max tuning angle 30
Traction OFF
ABS OFF

I didn't touch the transmission (yet!) as I still want to improve the suspension first.

Please try this setup and let me know what you think. It is forgiving in fast corners and reduce the oversteer.
Again, there is a lot of room for impovement here, so feedback are welcome!

Thanks for that, great setup !:)
 
thanks to bibi-phoque, i can now drive the car without spinning haha still did some changes which i preferred, dont know if you use a steering wheel?

for a 680pp race:
Power: +35
Weight: 90%
Downforce 10/35 (for the stable back end)
Rideheight 0/0
Suspension 5-8
Damper 3-3
Toe -0.05/-0.05
Camber 1.5-1.5
Brakebalance 5-3
Steerturn 30
TCS 1
ABS 1 (locking everything up)
 
Thanks for that, great setup !:)
No problem! Glad you like it.
I created it based on the replay of the ranked numero 1 on susuka pro. He was taking the first corner very fast so I knew it was possible to setup the suspension to allow this kind of speed without sliding.

I'm around 2.06 now on susuka (50th) but I'm still making small silly mistakes...I think this setup should get me down to 2.04, after the transmission would need to be tuned too...
btw, the G25 is the perfect wheel for this car!!
 
No problem! Glad you like it.
I created it based on the replay of the ranked numero 1 on susuka pro. He was taking the first corner very fast so I knew it was possible to setup the suspension to allow this kind of speed without sliding.

I'm around 2.06 now on susuka (50th) but I'm still making small silly mistakes...I think this setup should get me down to 2.04, after the transmission would need to be tuned too...
btw, the G25 is the perfect wheel for this car!!


awesome setup mate!!!!

i changes the power. instead of haviing it +6 i changes it to +2

and dropped the weight. maybe worth a try?? with the power you only go up 3hp each time but when u take weight off you loose 7kg.
 
I always set the TA to maximum. Does a low TA have any advantages?

the car will me more twichy. With lower values you have to put more movment on the wheel to get a greater angle of steering.

A smaller value is better if using the pad
 
awesome setup mate!!!!

i changes the power. instead of haviing it +6 i changes it to +2

and dropped the weight. maybe worth a try?? with the power you only go up 3hp each time but when u take weight off you loose 7kg.

Glad it works well for you too :-)
I will try to reduce the weight see if it improves my time. Thanks :-)
 
I just switched to using other cars after using the 111R for a few nights now. I cant drive the other cars anymore!

I saved enough for an F40 and I wanted to try it out. I entered a race at suzuka, braked us usual for the first corner then promptly entered the gravel trap. I thought right, I guess this car is pretty old now, maybe its ****. Jumped into the F430 which I know handles very well. Braked for the first turn, barely kept on the track and struggled with it for three laps missing almost every apex. The cars feel like they dont turn anymore.

I have to lay off the 111R, it does damage to my driving. But now it begs the question, what can keep up with it? I can finish best of the rest with the F430, is there anything faster that isnt an elise?
 
I always set the TA to maximum. Does a low TA have any advantages?

Even with a wheel, I find it difficult when there is a succession of left right corners that you have to take fast (3rd-4th gear). If your TA is high, your car may respond too quickly (you really have to be gentle and smooth on the wheel). If it's low, it's not as positive and allow for small correction.
 
my setup (650 points, professional mode, all aids off) :
Power +6
Tyres R3-R3
Aero 20-35
Ride Height 0-0
Spring rate 5-8
Damper 3-3
Toe -0.5+0.5
Camber 2.5-2
Brake 5-3
Max tuning angle 30
Traction OFF
ABS OFF

I didn't touch the transmission (yet!) as I still want to improve the suspension first.

Please try this setup and let me know what you think. It is forgiving in fast corners and reduce the oversteer.
Again, there is a lot of room for impovement here, so feedback are welcome!

WOW, what a great setup. The car is SO much more driveable now, especially for a pad using noob like me.
Thank you very much
 
WOW, what a great setup. The car is SO much more driveable now, especially for a pad using noob like me.
Thank you very much

I will add it to the "Setting and Tuning" Forum then!
Enjoy Susuka with this setup!
 
I will add it to the "Setting and Tuning" Forum then!
Enjoy Susuka with this setup!

The only change I made was to reduce the Max Turning angle to 30 as I am a pad using.
I then using adjust the power & weight depending on the PPT rating for the race.
It is very fun to drive, drifts nicely but without losing control.
Excellent.
I will need to test it on the pro setting and only more technical tracks like Suzuka but so far I am very happy.
Thanks again:)
 
Glad it works well for you too :-)
I will try to reduce the weight see if it improves my time. Thanks :-)

let me know how you get on.

Im finding doing consistent times with the pad difficult :( so getting the setup right is not easy
 
I just tried, but this setup doesn't work for me. I can't keep the car straight during braking after the long straight, and I get too much oversteer in corner.

Try my setup (earlier post) and see what you think. You will find the car much easier to control.

I'll try it out later today. I will also test my setup at HSR. I came up with my setup on daytona road course so figured if it wasn't spinning out braking for the first corner, i'm safe braking wise.
 
let me know how you get on.

Im finding doing consistent times with the pad difficult :( so getting the setup right is not easy

The setup is great in normal mode but in PRO mode the PS3 pad just does not give you good enough control of the throttle which means it is too easy to spin out.
I found the same problem if I disabled the traction control in normal mode.
The analogue triggers and the anaolgoue sticks on the pad are terrible imo, which means you just don't have enough control to drive some of the cars in PRO mode.
But I guess if you are serious about racing games when you will use a good wheel instead.
Anyway, in normal mode the setup is very nice, allowing good control of the car and some nice controllable drifts without losing too much speed.
 
I hope thats not all I see on the leaderboards in the near future. In Forza theres about 2 or 3 cars in each class that dominate. This makes the game even less interesting when everyone drives the same car even though there 300 to choose from.
 
I find this car extremely difficult to drive. If I get on the throttle it will oversteer. If I get off the throttle it will oversteer. It's like a death trap. :)
 
I got the 111R last night and cruised to a win at S-1. It was great to be in an Elise again.

I just took std setup and made the following changes:
all aids off but left TC at 2 (which was an accident, I intended to set at 1, but it worked well)
strengthened the springs all round from 5-8
reduced ride height to -1

and that was it. I am sure I can improve the setup when I have a bit more time, but from experience the first thing to do with an Elise is tighten the springs.
 
Back