Lotus Elise 111R Tuned aka ridiculous!

• Thread starter magburner
  • 131 comments
I hope they take the tuned elise out of the full GT5, because the car is just impossible. There is now way in the world that you could get 600bhp out of the 2ZZ-GE. The max is probebly 300bhp and that would pushing it.

Well I don't want it taken out, it's just the performance that needs to be balanced, maybe just by assigning it a bit higher base PP value.

I can't see what all the fuss is about. Personally, I don't enjoy driving this car I think its quite boring it might just be my personal driving style but I can't say I would want to go out for a "inferno blast" around my favourite track in it.

Still, I'll be using it for a couple of the tuned car events, until I hand over to my Tuned Corvette or Viper.

The fact that some people like this car and some people dont, goes to show you how differnt each car is. PD did a really good job making each car handle the way they would. There is no one car everyone likes.

The PP value does not need raising, people need to learn how to tune the other cars properly!

I've been doing an in depth analysis of cars peak performances at Daytona Super Speedway, in races and within the online time trials, and as a rule, both Elise's are the strongest cars, but I have seen 'anomalies' that suggest otherwise.

There is this one guy (I think his name is calgolas566 or something like that), and he races in a dark red Ferrari I assume its a F430, but it could be the 599. Anyway, he has an absolutely superb setup for that car, he can't quite get the 178mph apex speed I aim for, but on the straights, he is lightening fast.

He is also a very clever driver. He always plays a waiting game until the last corner, on the last lap of the online races then nails it ever time. When I say waiting, I mean waiting! He will hang off the bumper of the 2nd place car for all five laps literally. You accelerate, and he will, you slow down, and he will too. Its all about the last corner of the race with this guy, and boy can he nail it! I know his car is fast, how fast I don't know, because he never rises to the challenges and taunts I throw his way.

@Ardius, sorry about taking you out (again!) last night pal. It was unintentional, but you probably think I'm lying. :sly: Some other guy called me a cheater last night too for just the same thing.

Maybe I need to look into my technique, or lower my aggression level or something like that, but when I'm in the pipe, all I see is glory!

No, I understand, but I do think you need to be more careful on the turns with that Elise. You might have the best way of getting around them, but not all the cars have the same cornering speeds or agility. I have to take a different line to you and I can't move out of the way fast enough sometimes, so just keep it in mind next time.
I still stand by that the PP needs to be raised for the Elise, it shouldn't dominate all of the tracks like it does. Or at the very least we need more cars that are on par or some stock car-only events.

Oh, and we raced twice and you did avoid us the first time, so I know you aren't intentionally doing it.

No, I understand, but I do think you need to be more careful on the turns with that Elise. You might have the best way of getting around them, but not all the cars have the same cornering speeds or agility. I have to take a different line to you and I can't move out of the way fast enough sometimes, so just keep it in mind next time.
I still stand by that the PP needs to be raised for the Elise, it shouldn't dominate all of the tracks like it does. Or at the very least we need more cars that are on par or some stock car-only events.

Oh, and we raced twice and you did avoid us the first time, so I know you aren't intentionally doing it.

See I'm not out to get you! :sly: You are right about the corners too, I sail a little close to the wind on some occasions. BTW, you have a nice setup with that XKR of yours. 👍

See I'm not out to get you! :sly: You are right about the corners too, I sail a little close to the wind on some occasions. BTW, you have a nice setup with that XKR of yours. 👍

lol, the "setup" is just max power, minimum weight, R3 tyres and -3 rear ride height. I really should get out and test it and get some proper tuning done. Although I dont like touching gear ratios because I dont really understand them very well.
Im probably not using the XK to its full potential, and I really want to work out a good setup for Suzuka, Ill probably work on that tonight.

The problem with the PP system seems to be that it mostly works on a WPR basis and considers downforce as a number only. However, a 600kg 300bhp car will have the same WPR as a 1200kg 600bhp car but kill the latter in cornering, decelerating and overall handling. Moreover, adding 200kg (just an imaginary number) of downforce to a 600kg car makes a damn lot bigger effect than adding it to a 1200kg car.

In short, the system heavily favours lightweight and low powered cars as it can't see the huge advantages of them. It certainly has to be tweaked.

lol, the "setup" is just max power, minimum weight, R3 tyres and -3 rear ride height. I really should get out and test it and get some proper tuning done. Although I dont like touching gear ratios because I dont really understand them very well.
Im probably not using the XK to its full potential, and I really want to work out a good setup for Suzuka, Ill probably work on that tonight.

The gear ratio's are not too hard to fathom. Each gears top speed can be tweaked individually with the numbered selections for each gear (this is the easy way). One thing I have noticed. The top speed displayed, is not always the actual top speed you can get in that gear. You may be able to get 'more' depending on the length of the red area at the end of the rev counter.

Generally, the longer and lower a line goes, the slower, but longer that gear accelerates. The shorter and higher a line goes, the shorter, and quicker that gear accelerates. The final gear just shortens or lengthens all the gears by the figure you decide on. More to the left, lengthens the gears, and more to the right shortens them. I hope that helps, it is in no way technical, but I think I summed it up somehow! :crazy:

If your on later pal, I'll race you again. I might even pull out my R8 or my NSX-R for a different challenge (I don't always race the Elise!)

The gear ratio's are not too hard to fathom. Each gears top speed can be tweaked individually with the numbered selections for each gear (this is the easy way). One thing I have noticed. The top speed displayed, is not always the actual top speed you can get in that gear. You may be able to get 'more' depending on the length of the red area at the end of the rev counter.

Generally, the longer and lower a line goes, the slower, but longer that gear accelerates. The shorter and higher a line goes, the shorter, and quicker that gear accelerates. The final gear just shortens or lengthens all the gears by the figure you decide on. More to the left, lengthens the gears, and more to the right shortens them. I hope that helps, it is in no way technical, but I think I summed it up somehow! :crazy:

If your on later pal, I'll race you again. I might even pull out my R8 or my NSX-R for a different challenge (I don't always race the Elise!)

Well, I suppose I shouldnt have used the word "understand" because I do actually understand the principles of changing the gear ratios, its just I dont know the best ways of tuning them for specific cars/tracks and certain corners, etc. I basically haven't dabbled in them enough, i've read about the best techniques, etc, its just you need personal experience to really know what to do. Anyway, Im going to have a play around with it and see whats what. I may or may not be online today, after today I wont be back on till weekends only because Im back at uni, and alas, I do not personally own the PS3, its my little brothers, so it stays at home (Im unwilling to spend the money for one just yet, and my PS2 is fine still).

ahah I like that car.

sportexige05_03.jpg

RESPECT!! :)

I hope they take the tuned elise out of the full GT5, because the car is just impossible. There is now way in the world that you could get 600bhp out of the 2ZZ-GE. The max is probebly 300bhp and that would pushing it.

300bhp is no problem. Mine, here in Switzerland, has 270 with the Bemani S/C and I could have taken it to a reliable 310-315bhp if I was prepared to fork out loads more for new pistons, etc. – which I wasn't!

There are also US tuners reaching 300+bhp.

But I agree that a really reliable 600bhp would not be possible with the 2ZZ-Ge as a base – even if someone could pay for it.

Back