Lotus Elise 111R Tuned aka ridiculous!

• Thread starter magburner
  • 131 comments
Is 'professional mode' as realistic as it claims to be? According to the 'professional' mode in GT5:P, every rear-wheel drive in the world overteers monumentally. I know there are a few vehicles in real-life that have oversteering issues but surely not every freakin' vehicle and not to such extremes as in this game?

Even my old RWD Ford Transit would oversteer if i pushed it hard enough!!
But i could drive it hard enough through the turns and twists, and really feel the confidence to push it in the turns. My new FWD Transit fills me with much less confidence, hence i drive it much slower and still it eats tyres far more!!

RWD is what i grew up with, you get much better feel and bite when you turn in, just dont be so heavy on the gas.
Ive had many FWD cars in recent years, the worst being a tuned CLIO 1.8 16v, 980kg and 150hp great as long as were going striaght! I hate the understeer and torque steer you get so much of with FWD.
None can compare with my Tuned RWD Fords of old (Capri 3.0 and a Tuned RS2000), for driving experince, fun and feel. God i miss hanging out the rear end for fun!
I hate FWD vehicles intensely, Such a shame so few RWD are available these days.
Cant really comment on the realism yet, as i havent had more than a couple of hours with GT5p and my wheel yet.
But in real life RWD will oversteer easily especially if you dont turn in properly and unsettle the balance in a turn, especially if your driving hard to push to the limits, modern RWD have TCS and stability management to pamper you, so its much less of a problem. Turn it off for the thrill and learn the skill! Enjoy!!

Even my old RWD Ford Transit would oversteer if i pushed it hard enough!!
But i could drive it hard enough through the turns and twists, and really feel the confidence to push it in the turns. My new FWD Transit fills me with much less confidence, hence i drive it much slower and still it eats tyres far more!!

RWD is what i grew up with, you get much better feel and bite when you turn in, just dont be so heavy on the gas.
Ive had many FWD cars in recent years, the worst being a tuned CLIO 1.8 16v, 980kg and 150hp great as long as were going striaght! I hate the understeer and torque steer you get so much of with FWD.
None can compare with my Tuned RWD Fords of old (Capri 3.0 and a Tuned RS2000), for driving experince, fun and feel. God i miss hanging out the rear end for fun!
I hate FWD vehicles intensely, Such a shame so few RWD are available these days.
Cant really comment on the realism yet, as i havent had more than a couple of hours with GT5p and my wheel yet.
But in real life RWD will oversteer easily especially if you dont turn in properly and unsettle the balance in a turn, especially if your driving hard to push to the limits, modern RWD have TCS and stability management to pamper you, so its much less of a problem. Turn it off for the thrill and learn the skill! Enjoy!!

But do it on a track or it could kill you :lol: (depends on the car)

Somehow these Lotus tuned cars seemed to be linked with bashing 11yo kids. Whenever I encounter one in an online pro race, they are the ones trying to push the rest off the track. I decided to put in my jpn disc and am now waiting for the update. Hopefully Asian kids have gone to bed by now and some decent racing should be possible. :mad:

Somehow these Lotus tuned cars seemed to be linked with bashing 11yo kids. Whenever I encounter one in an online pro race, they are the ones trying to push the rest off the track. I decided to put in my jpn disc and am now waiting for the update. Hopefully Asian kids have gone to bed by now and some decent racing should be possible. :mad:

Yeah it always seem to be lotusses that are crashing most of the time :scared:

Mmmm exige is the same as a elise?

Yes, Exige is the same as a 111R, minor differences are the small amount of downforce from the wing and splitter, plus the Yokohama Advans (bordering on cut slicks) that the exige rolls out the dealership on.

Nice mods to your exige Speedy. Toying with the idea of a supercharger for mine (ardent red S2) but i'm struggling to get it past the missus :)
The alternative is changing to an S1 exige and having a Type R mod (300 Hp)but I think it will be a bit too extreme for daily driving and she certainly isn't over enamoured by that idea either. Anyway I digress...

Someone asked about the in-game sounds. I think all of the cars are rather thin sounding. There isn't the same 'borp' there you get with the real deals. GT Legends or some of the rFactor mods are more convincing.
Was really looking forward to the big blocks, but hopping into the vette was quite disappointing aurally. Had a lot of fun driving it though.

Still, the sounds aren't a million miles away from the real thing, its just distinct charecteristics that are missing. IRL, the 111R isn't that loud until you hit the second cam at which point it really starts to howl. Unfortunately both the sound and the kick you get when it switches cam are missing from gt5. Still its probably a bit too much to ask for the physics engine to model vvtl engines.

It also oversteers way too much as Speedy has pointed out. Having a fiddle with some of the setups on here makes quite a difference so thanks to those that have posted them up, tis much appreciated :)

Finally, someone mentioned it being a fake supercar. :) I don't think anyone who owns a elise in under the illusion that it is a supercar, although they will argue that it is a super car, and quite capable of delivering a motoring 'wedgy' to much more exotic machines.

Personally, I'd like to see the Lotus Elise' reduced in it's speed in the next update, either that or bring in some more cars that can challenge it. It's getting really boring seeing 60% of the cars online as some kind of Lotus Elise and they just leave all other competition in the dust. I'm really sick of all the bashers and such using them too.
All the other cars in the game are nicely matched how did they mess up these two?

[FONT=Palatino
[B]Nonetheless, the best I could get with your setup and the D-Pad is 2'08.XXX bibi-phoque. I am sure that with a wheel and some adequate practice, a 2'04.XXX should be attainable. -Is this a reasonable prediction to all those people out there who have recently converted from controller to wheel?

wtf? surely its harder to drive with the wheel?

with surround sound. the downshifts sound sooooo damn goood. It like a wipping noise. Lol thats the best way i can explain it. JUst sounds so agresive, so ready to fight. PD really needs to have an unlimted online race. With the ring. Imagine 16player online unlimted in the RIng....WOW!!! Thats how memorys are made:bowdown: Lotus Elise 111R

how is anyones laptimes going in the suzuka 650pp Time trial?

I managed a 2.05.9xx yesterday but then when I tried again today I was a second off my time. I'm sure settings are the same.

Yeah it always seem to be lotusses that are crashing most of the time :scared:

I for one found it very hard not to hit people when I was racing the elise. Most drivers cant corner at the best of times, but when you are in the elise which goes very deep under brakes you can make 30m on another car in a flash.

Its very bad at 180R at Suzuka. Most cars in the pro race take that turn at about 200-210 after braking. I was taking it flat at 250. Early on I did hit a few people and they must have cursed me, but from my perspective I was thinking 'wtf are you doing going that slow on the fastest section of the track?'.

Cut the drivers a little slack.

how is anyones laptimes going in the suzuka 650pp Time trial?

I managed a 2.05.9xx yesterday but then when I tried again today I was a second off my time. I'm sure settings are the same.

I did a 2:06.8 last night... In the Renault cleo Tuned :) I am sure that car has potential, its my weapon against you guy in the elise at the moment.

careful with the ethnic part, as not all of them are asians, and not most are kids. dont stereotype asians in general.

Hopefully Asian kids have gone to bed by now and some decent racing should be possible

careful with the ethnic part, as not all of them are asians, and not most are kids. dont stereotype asians in general.
I think you misread that part. I'm only stereotyping kids, not asians in particilar. :sly:

Its not even fun anymore play online.. im already bored london, suzuka, highspeed almost all games half the room has the damn lotus.. its only a matter of time before everyone will start using this car.. and its ridicilous too you can drive almost half crap and still beat most of the other cars in same pp i hate this car now.. and i hate online now too bunch of EZ kiddies has found an Ez car to drive.. go back to burnout.

I think you misread that part. I'm only stereotyping kids, not asians in particilar. :sly:

careful with the ethnic part, as not all of them are asians, dont stereotype asians in general.

same exact thing. stereotyping is stereotyping. what makes you think non asian kids dont do that? you obviously can't read. i didn't misread the part, hence my reply.

I think you've read too much into that, I see it as while the annoying kids elsewhere in the world are still bashing around the tracks it's a time when the asian kids aren't and so might be better racing with the Japanese network instead.

To respond to what Ardius mentioned earlier, I don't think the Elise itself has to be "turned down", but rather the PP system amended. The tuning element is still fresh and undoubtedly unbalanced, and I'm sure it'll get fine-tuned as time goes on.

Now, what's so bad about driving the Lotuses? Heck, I drive them because the handling is brilliant, and I'd do so even if they were a "slow" car...

Which do you guys consider to be the faster car? Tuned 111R or tuned '96 Elise?
In the practice mode for the 650PP Suzuka online race, 2:03.9xx was my top lap in the tuned '96, but I was concentrating on suspension tuning. I'll do a serious comparison between the two, and post results tomorrow.
I'll do some other competitive cars for comparison, to see just how much faster the Lotuses really are...

I think you've read too much into that, I see it as while the annoying kids elsewhere in the world are still bashing around the tracks it's a time when the asian kids aren't and so might be better racing with the Japanese network instead.
👍

lotus dominating???? this is VERY VERY VERY bad news

Yes it is. If we had online statistics or something like Manufacturer leader boards, Lotus would be the top of all of them.
They need to raise the PP value of the Tuned Lotus' I think actually, that might solve it.

Yes it is. If we had online statistics or something like Manufacturer leader boards, Lotus would be the top of all of them.
They need to raise the PP value of the Tuned Lotus' I think actually, that might solve it.

The PP value does not need raising, people need to learn how to tune the other cars properly!

I've been doing an in depth analysis of cars peak performances at Daytona Super Speedway, in races and within the online time trials, and as a rule, both Elise's are the strongest cars, but I have seen 'anomalies' that suggest otherwise.

There is this one guy (I think his name is calgolas566 or something like that), and he races in a dark red Ferrari I assume its a F430, but it could be the 599. Anyway, he has an absolutely superb setup for that car, he can't quite get the 178mph apex speed I aim for, but on the straights, he is lightening fast.

He is also a very clever driver. He always plays a waiting game until the last corner, on the last lap of the online races then nails it ever time. When I say waiting, I mean waiting! He will hang off the bumper of the 2nd place car for all five laps literally. You accelerate, and he will, you slow down, and he will too. Its all about the last corner of the race with this guy, and boy can he nail it! I know his car is fast, how fast I don't know, because he never rises to the challenges and taunts I throw his way.

@Ardius, sorry about taking you out (again!) last night pal. It was unintentional, but you probably think I'm lying. :sly: Some other guy called me a cheater last night too for just the same thing.

Maybe I need to look into my technique, or lower my aggression level or something like that, but when I'm in the pipe, all I see is glory!

The PP value does not need raising, people need to learn how to tune the other cars properly!

I've been doing an in depth analysis of cars peak performances at Daytona Super Speedway, in races and within the online time trials, and as a rule, both Elise's are the strongest cars, but I have seen 'anomalies' that suggest otherwise.

Daytona Speedway is a unique course where the HP advantages of other cars have a chance to compete with the handling of the Lotus. Add some turns to the mix and higher HP doesn't mean much.

Check out the Suzuka PP650 online time-trial leaderboards. The full top 100 is all tuned Lotus models (either the Elise or 111R). The times are spread from 2:02.146 to 2:06.232. Four full seconds in which no other car in the game is represented.

At Fuji the situation is a little better, with representation by the GT-R (still two seconds slower than the fastest Lotus) and lower down the list an F430 shows up.

The PP system needs some adjustment, as you're not going to tune out a car to eliminate those types of time differentials. Suzuka is a screaming example of that.

I hope they take the tuned elise out of the full GT5, because the car is just impossible. There is now way in the world that you could get 600bhp out of the 2ZZ-GE. The max is probebly 300bhp and that would pushing it.

Back