Lunar roving vehicle????!!!!!

• Thread starter Aphelion
  • 650 comments
On a more serious note, do you think the lunar rover will be available to purchase at the dealership? I highly doubt it.

I think it could be a prize car for 100% A-Spec completion. I mean, it is by far the coolest car in the game, it would make perfect sense this way.

VBR
As long as we get to drive it on a digital recreation of The Moon, & in an astronaut suit, I'm up for it! :lol:

Wait a miniute...
bth_jaw-drop.gif

They still love to add a bit of novelty to their titles. If they had removed the WWII vehicles from the list then I would have expected some other outlandish machines to take their place, on top of what's already included.

Excuse me for ignoring this thread until now. I think the lunar rover, while interesting, is still a waste of resources. Ultimately it is of course not my decision to make but IMHO PD's time would have been much better spent working on content/features that have long been asked for such as the closest we can get right now to a Porsche 911 (ie a premium RUF), qualifying, or of course better AI.

To be fair, PD does have a history of doing this sort of thing, and I will surely try it out, but I can't imagine doing it more than once or twice and then being all but done with it. Model T's or 30s/40s hot rods and such would be far more interesting/relevant to automotive/racing history. Don't get me wrong, the lunar rover is a tremendous accomplishment, but racing on the moon... seriously?

The whole reason I decided to comment on this topic is the quoted text. The WW2 vehicles in GT5 are the perfect example of wasted resources. I bought them just so I could say I had all the VW premiums, but I never drove them - not once. And I am a huge WW2 buff so it's not like I'm disinterested in the subject matter. On the contrary, I'm fascinated by it! But I play racing games to, you know, race. The fact that PD apparently made the lunar surface for us to drive on is a bit of a double-edged sword as well. On the one hand, at least we have the proper environment to drive the rover in, but on the other hand PD didn't just spend the time to model the vehicle but they also spent the time on the environment. The argument can be made that we could have a "real" car and a track, though I assume PD didn't do a full scan of the moon as they do for tracks ;).

My point here is that I know there are people who will enjoy this but man I wish PD would focus on making the core game complete (more popular cars/tracks, qualifying, full-featured single race options though I guess arcade mode does most of that, and of course better AI, etc).

Excuse me for ignoring this thread until now. I think the lunar rover, while interesting, is still a waste of resources. Ultimately it is of course not my decision to make but IMHO PD's time would have been much better spent working on content/features that have long been asked for such as the closest we can get right now to a Porsche 911 (ie a premium RUF), qualifying, or of course better AI.

To be fair, PD does have a history of doing this sort of thing, and I will surely try it out, but I can't imagine doing it more than once or twice and then being all but done with it. Model T's or 30s/40s hot rods and such would be far more interesting/relevant to automotive/racing history. Don't get me wrong, the lunar rover is a tremendous accomplishment, but racing on the moon... seriously?

The whole reason I decided to comment on this topic is the quoted text. The WW2 vehicles in GT5 are the perfect example of wasted resources. I bought them just so I could say I had all the VW premiums, but I never drove them - not once. And I am a huge WW2 buff so it's not like I'm disinterested in the subject matter. On the contrary, I'm fascinated by it! But I play racing games to, you know, race. The fact that PD apparently made the lunar surface for us to drive on is a bit of a double-edged sword as well. On the one hand, at least we have the proper environment to drive the rover in, but on the other hand PD didn't just spend the time to model the vehicle but they also spent the time on the environment. The argument can be made that we could have a "real" car and a track, though I assume PD didn't do a full scan of the moon as they do for tracks ;).

My point here is that I know there are people who will enjoy this but man I wish PD would focus on making the core game complete (more popular cars/tracks, qualifying, full-featured single race options though I guess arcade mode does most of that, and of course better AI, etc).

Sometimes you have to have novel and odd features to get people talking and to use as a USP.

I mean, average Joe wants a racing game... they see "Drive on the moon with the lunar vehicle"... or they see a premium RFU in amongst 200+ other premium cars. Only one of them really acts as a selling point...

I want to jump a fast car on the moon with it's 1/6th gravity of that of earth. Hopefully some hacker will either enable the low gravity everywhere (at choice), or enable any car choice at the moon (this is what I prefer) AND enable the moon as a photo location! :D

On a more serious note, do you think the lunar rover will be available to purchase at the dealership? I highly doubt it.

I think it could be a prize car for 100% A-Spec completion. I mean, it is by far the coolest car in the game, it would make perfect sense this way.

And only drivable on the moon, how cool is that?

/sarcasm

i1xFw7uUpWYT7SH.jpg

Pricecar it is!

You mean "prize car"? From what I have seen the event is just unlocked. The three missions included is all you can do with it. I'm still kind of excited for it even still.

My kids on the other hand are OVER THE MOON with anticipation for it though :lol: :sly:

In addition to that can anyone with a copy of GT6 confirm whether or not these events actually take place over the castle? :P

Last edited:
Also,I think the Moon is an unlockable track. That leakes GT6 intro has (correct me if i'm wrong) a "normal" driving on a track on the moon. I think.

Lunar Rover on the Nurburgring here I come! But now I can just picture Mondo Zappa and David battling it out on the moon

Last edited:
Knowing PD it wouldn't have surprised me that they put the rover in there without the moon, so i'm pleasantly surprised that they actually bothered to recreate a moon environment we can drive it on :)

Although on the other hand they could have spend that time updating the engines sounds, but let's not complain this time.

damn but they do it for the kids, that's what I think

You know that's a great point, and not one that should be scoffed at. We were all kids once, some of us still in are in some ways, if only at times, and I think it's important to show them something genuinely interesting / different like this. And then let them ramp off the nearest rock, slip into orbit and see if they can make it back home! (too much Kerbal Space Program for me...)

But seriously, these games shouldn't just be for "grown-up" LeMans fans, say, but should be allowing the next generation to get the widest possible aspect onto the full extent of car culture and let them choose what they like (and that's to the benefit of anyone who plays the game, ultimately). One day they might end up driving on Mars, or something! :dopey:

Back