Lunar roving vehicle????!!!!!

• Thread starter Aphelion
  • 650 comments
Then we must petition them to add the Model T, Daimlers aswell, they should be included because of their sheer significance just like the lunar rover

mercedesbenz-daimler-motor-carriage-86.jpg

This Lunar Rover is the only rover I would want in a GT game. Rover 75 RM? I'll give it a miss! See what I did there...

Personally, I like when PD include these more obscure cars because they add something different but part of me will think they should have possibly included the Maserati MC12 I so badly want instead.

DLC gives me hope so I am happy to have these historic models present. I think we should have the Daimler Motor Carriage and Ford Model T as they are incredibly important in motoring history.

Whereas it should come as no surprise (especially to the denizens of the internet) that some people can make short comments that say even less. :sly:

Obviously they aren't out of cars they could include. All the people bitching about how the Lunar Rover is in the game instead of a more deserving car (in their opinion, anyways) is a testament to that fact.

Like most desicions that are made, there were probably mulitple factors that went into deciding to include the Rover. They could be nerds, yes... car nerds, space nerds, and/or nerds for anything mechanical in nature. They also probably did it with a sense of humor, as Famine suggests. I think its inclusion is hilarious and awesome, and Kazunori likely does too.

But its inclusion, like the inclusion of the Model T in GT4, also bolsters GT's reputation as an encyclopedia for automobiles. Sure, GT is still missing many cars and is unlikely to ever have every single car ever made in its massive roster. But the inclusion of things like the Model T, Lunar Rover and even fictitious vehicles such as the Nike One speak volumes more about their vision than yet another Ferarri, however worthy the Ferarri might be of inclusion.

Oh please. Tell me more about how wasting polygons on a fully funcional, useless piece of history that no one ever will bother to drive or even use in any entertaining way should be worth megabytes ouf of my hard drive and money out of my pocket.
"that belongs to a museum" (Indiana Jones)

How do you know that no-one will ever drive it? I will, for one. You're wrong.

Will I make extensive use of it? I don't know. I have no idea what it'll be like, which is reason enough to try it. I expect there will be entertainment value in that exploration alone. So, wrong again.

If you have to exaggerate to make your point, it can't be a very good point - or at least, you need to figure out how to get it across better. Or maybe your failure was in assuming that your perception of the world is the only one that matters, since, presumably, you cannot imagine liking and anticipating different things from those you like and anticipate personally.

Incidentally, GT kind of is a museum, even the first game. In fact, that's exactly what these games will become as the automotive industries mature further and technological advancements pervert our everyday lives even more. There'll be someone somewhere, in the near future, complaining about all these archaic fossil-burners clogging up "their" game.

Oh please. Tell me more about how wasting polygons on a fully funcional, useless piece of history that no one ever will bother to drive or even use in any entertaining way should be worth megabytes ouf of my hard drive and money out of my pocket.
"that belongs to a museum" (Indiana Jones)

fun
fʌn/
noun
  1. 1.
    enjoyment, amusement, or light-hearted pleasure.

How do you know that no-one will ever drive it? I will, for one. You're wrong.

Will I make extensive use of it? I don't know. I have no idea what it'll be like, which is reason enough to try it. I expect there will be entertainment value in that exploration alone. So, wrong again.

If you have to exaggerate to make your point, it can't be a very good point - or at least, you need to figure out how to get it across better. Or maybe your failure was in assuming that your perception of the world is the only one that matters, since, presumably, you cannot imagine liking and anticipating different things from those you like and anticipate personally.

Incidentally, GT kind of is a museum, even the first game. In fact, that's exactly what these games will become as the automotive industries mature further and technological advancements pervert our everyday lives even more. There'll be someone somewhere, in the near future, complaining about all these archaic fossil-burners clogging up "their" game.

I do not assume that my perception of the world is the only one that matters, but honestly to a person who spends more than 7 minutes/lifetime driving the ford t on a race track in a videogame, I would suggest a good psychiatrist.
I would like to check the time you spent driving or actually using the schwimmwagen in GT5. Of course there are other ways to look at the world, once for instance I came accross a guy who had brought his typewriter to the starbuck's, because a laptop is too mainstream. That by no means implies that the average customer strolls around with a typewriter in their backpack. And since GT claims itself to be "the real driving simulator" and not "the real hipster simulator", I believe that we should be given things we can actually DRIVE, regardless of their historical value. But that's just my opinion, I'm not trying to impose it to anyone, I'm just sharing it.

I'll have you know that I drove the Schwimmwagen for 30 minutes on Nurburgring and and only missed a turn once. I shall do the same with the Rover

The Schwimmwagen didn't interest me, personally. This does. It's a difference of perspective, nothing more.

Quite what it has to do with "hipsters", I'm not sure.

But you used words like "worthless" and "waste" and other unequivocally negatively connoted turns of phrase to describe something that just doesn't appeal to you. It's all a bit melodramatic, really.

The Schwimmwagen didn't interest me, personally. This does. It's a difference of perspective, nothing more.

Quite what it has to do with "hipsters", I'm not sure.

But you used words like "worthless" and "waste" and other unequivocally negatively connoted turns of phrase to describe something that just doesn't appeal to you. It's all a bit melodramatic, really.

0.25 hp, dude... I run faster than that thing :)

I'll have you know that I drove the Schwimmwagen for 30 minutes on Nurburgring and and only missed a turn once. I shall do the same with the Rover
Try the Schwimmwagen and it's counterpart on any Liege or the Toscana dirt tracks - they're surprisingly good - on snow too.

This Lunar Rover is the only rover I would want in a GT game...
I'd quite like the Rover 2000TC please so I can pretend I'm in The Sweeney.

Not on the moon, you wouldn't! ;)

Cheeee... we were talkin' about the ring. I can lap the nurburgring -which is, by the way, very close to a nice half marathon- in something like 100 minutes, and... at 1g! I don't even need driving aids, just let me wear my Boston 3 and I outrun that piece of space junk anytime :P

Cheeee... we were talkin' about the ring. I can lap the nurburgring -which is, by the way, very close to a nice half marathon- in something like 100 minutes, and... at 1g! I don't even need driving aids, just let me wear my Boston 3 and I outrun that piece of space junk anytime :P

Gravity has little to do with it (except for inclines, which are give or take, up or down), as was already explained by others.
I was referring to the comparative lack of atmosphere. :P

But if you want to take the rover on the Nürburgring, that's up to you. I think it's more suited to off-road stuff. Off-Earth, preferably. They've clearly modeled a so-moon-like-it's-probably-the-moon environment, it would be madness not to let us use that to drive in and only for photographs!

All i'm saying is if they didn't model us a moon to drive the bloody thing on it's gonna be lame (apart from expensive). Then again if they did i'm looking forward to the experience :dopey:

All i'm saying is if they didn't model us a moon to drive the bloody thing on it's gonna be lame (apart from expensive). Then again if they did i'm looking forward to the experience :dopey:

Doubt it, I bet the moon will be a photomode location, but if there is a track that would make my day as well! :cheers:

Doubt it, I bet the moon will be a photomode location, but if there is a track that would make my day as well! :cheers:
If it turns out the moon is lacking it will be the very last "car" i waste money on, spot 1200 in my garage is reserved for it and once it is there it will remain as a premium dust collector.

Back