Lunar roving vehicle????!!!!!

• Thread starter Aphelion
  • 650 comments
Looking back, I cannot fathom how people didn't expect that we could drive this on the moon. Why was everyone assuming it would only be on the tracks available, when the moon was clearly visible in the promo material? Very strange.

Also, am I the only one who thinks the moon is ripe for a bit of course maker action? Gymkhana at least, then you can challenge your friends to try your obstacle courses. Maybe I will get a bit of Screamer 4x4 out of GT6 after all! Maybe.

The above reference to the Paris-Dakar sits nicely with something Kaz said recently about it, too. :)

Where can I find this "I love everything PD does, no matter what" kool-aid? It's gotta be delicious.

And if you must, please try harder than asking about the "I hate everything" kool-aid. :)

So, basically, everyone has to try harder than you did?
See maybe the thought of a transit van isnt so stupid after all.

I prefer they would fix the issues before adding things like the lunar rover.

Game development doesn't work like that. The modelers will model, that's what they do. It's up to others to fix "the issues", unless they're issues with car models. The "issues" are a real pain, but the addition of the Moon Rover is by no means tainted by that - it really is great fun!

Seemed kind of like a slow motion rally race to me, all we need are a few AI rovers up there to race against and we would be all set! I thought it was great fun and a nice diversion.

I was talking to a buddy of mine about the lunar rover until he shared some images with me:

100_0268.JPG 100_0270.JPG 100_0272.JPG 100_0273.JPG 100_0275.JPG 100_0277.JPG 100_0279.JPG

Apparently he dove into "that world" with his PS3 and decided to get this thing into his garage, at least that's what he tells me. Interesting to see it has 172 PP and is worth 1,000,000 Cr. I wonder if they intended for this to appear in the dealership for a display-only car or something~

Well, that's quite interesting. I must say I'm not completely satisfied with the way the Lunar Rover is presented in the game so far (you can't own it, and time trials and running over cones are not that realistic), I'd rather would have seen that we could just buy/win the LR and drive it around freely on a Gymkhana-like part of the moon.

It's not the appearance of the specs that surprises me most (maybe it is required to fill in a value when programming, but I don't know anything about that), it's the effort PD took to write a background story. Since it's not obtainable (unless you hack the game), this seems unnecessary. I wonder if there was a last minute change of plans regarding the implementation of the LR...

If only you could take some earth vehicles for a spin on the moon...

Just think: Lunar Drag Racing

Two cars drive up a ramp and launch themselves into orbit. First one to complete an orbit wins! :P

Cool pictures you have found :D
Nice to see you around here :)

Always looking in mate. :D Yeah they,re pretty cool, Kinda like the idea of taking some different cars on the moon.
Chat soon mate bye for now.:)

Looks photoshopped, and although it would be interesting to drive regular cars on the moon it would also be completely pointless.

The real driving simulator indeed.

I wonder if the low gravity physics is part of the lunar rover or the moon. If its part of the rover, then you'll have moon physics every where. If its part of the moon, then all cars have moon physics.

Looks photoshopped, and although it would be interesting to drive regular cars on the moon it would also be completely pointless.

The real driving simulator indeed.

Didn,t you know all pictures of things on the moon are fake. LOL :D Just joking but thats another story?
https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=cr&ei=tcjCUrPKNOXiygO65oBQ#q=moon landing fake or real

And although it would be interesting to drive regular cars on the moon it would also be completely pointless.

It would just be the fun factor for me to have a run around in something not as slow as that dam moon buggy. :)
That bored me to tears to gold that thing? And am talking only just a few go,s?

xl2j.jpg

Have either of these happened yet? I fell like they could be combined for efficiency.
I think we should allow LeadFootLiam some extra time until the course maker is released. As for mister dog: you have no excuse :D (unless you are already bald)

Am I the only one who wants to run a Rally car on the Moon?
Nope. :) I don't care how pointless it may be, I would drive just about any car on the moon just for the fun of it. :dopey:

If people really have gotten other cars on the moon, I wonder if it was done by simple save game editing or ISO mods.

Have either of these happened yet? I fell like they could be combined for efficiency.
Yes actually; shaved it off last Saturday and I'm planning another one this weekend also :D, rituals you know...

I wonder if the low gravity physics is part of the lunar rover or the moon. If its part of the rover, then you'll have moon physics every where. If its part of the moon, then all cars have moon physics.
Good question. I have been wondering the same thing. ;)

Which do you prefer? :D

@ProjectWHaT Personally, I prefer all cars having moon physics (where appropriate ;))

If we can drive cars other that the rover on the moon, then the first one I'll drive will be the X2014 Fancar because 300mph on the moon :D

@ProjectWHaT Personally, I prefer all cars having moon physics (where appropriate ;))

If we can drive cars other that the rover on the moon, then the first one I'll drive will be the X2014 Fancar because 300mph on the moon :D

They should implement a moon gravity cheat code for all tracks, just for fun.

Imagine Toscana with zero gravity!

one problem, the X2014 requires an atmosphere to get its suction;)

Back