Lunar roving vehicle????!!!!!

• Thread starter Aphelion
  • 650 comments
So because you disagree with me I should get over it? How about, no? The point is PD spent time modeling all of that when they could have worked on something more worthwhile that more people would enjoy.

So, sex, basically. PD won't stoop to your level, Simon! You need to take that elsewhere...

But seriously, the one car they should have put in, in its stead, would be? An entire wishlist, of course.
I think just one out of the hundred or so isn't really much of a "waste", is it? At one time, we would have called them Easter Eggs and been amused by it, but now it's all about some imaginary, yet wholly serious, kind-of bottom line in "delivering the product" or "satisfying needs" or somesuch other veiled bias.

But not only did they model the Rover and the Lander (:scared:), but also a piece of the moon to drive it on?! Actually that sounds kinda fun...

:lol: This thread. Just saying...

It's a car in a game There have been a fair few vehicles in GT that are useless, but hold historic value. Like the 1886 Daimler cars and Ford Model T in GT4. They're completely useless, but are automotive icons, and so is the Lunar Rover. It's the first human driven motor vehicle on the moon, now that's quite special. It holds the same value. And if you don't like the idea of PD using their time to remember history, then ignore it. Simple.

The Lunar Rover's going to be the source of a lot of fun! Stupid fun, but I will be entertained. :D

The Model T would have been a good inclusion if we could turn it into a T-Bucket hotrod.

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

We probably won't be able to do anything to the Lunar Rover. I still like it, but they do need a lunar environment for it. Would be interesting to see if they have made some kind of crazy track on the moon...

I'm also reading the wiki. The wheels are in no way designed to run on tarmac and as you say, it has next to no power. Fine in zero gravity but on earth it will be slower than the Model T. Complete waste of time.

I can't wait to drive it actually. :P Just because of what it is.

So, sex, basically. PD won't stoop to your level, Simon! You need to take that elsewhere...

But seriously, the one car they should have put in, in its stead, would be? An entire wishlist, of course.
I think just one out of the hundred or so isn't really much of a "waste", is it?.

I could probably come up with hundreds of cars that more people would, on balance, rather PD modeled. I'm sure you could too, even cars you don't particularly like. Just look at the wishlist threads, thousands of cars are listed, whichever PD modeled somewhere someone would be happy, driving it around every track they can, modding it, painting it. Instead they get this. Something that like the Daimler Wagen before it, people will take out once for five minutes, realise it's useless and never touch it again.

The Model T would have been a good inclusion if we could turn it into a T-Bucket hotrod.

We probably won't be able to do anything to the Lunar Rover. I still like it, but they do need a lunar environment for it. Would be interesting to see if they have made some kind of crazy track on the moon...
Crazy moon track? I hope PD gets their rolling model sorted, because I won't be doing anything else for weeks.

Yes it's historic and so like those other cars you mentioned they should be in a museum. Spending time making them drivable is just stupid, this possibly the stupidest of all.

Still no, there's no better way to compare how far the auto world has come than to drive something from 1886, and then something over 100 years newer to see how far we've come.

I could probably come up with hundreds of cars that more people would, on balance, rather PD modeled. I'm sure you could too, even cars you don't particularly like. Just look at the wishlist threads, thousands of cars are listed, whichever PD modeled somewhere someone would be happy, driving it around every track they can, modding it, painting it. Instead they get this. Something that like the Daimler Wagen before it, people will take out once for five minutes, realise it's useless and never touch it again.
I don't want hundreds, only one. Pick one.

I'm sorry they didn't have you in mind when they made this.

Why have a discussion forum at all then? Everything is in the game, we might as well all just get over anything we don't like and never post about it.

If that helps you get it off your chest and makes you feel better great. We have just have differing opinions. No point us getting up in each others grills. So I will respect your opinion regardless of feelings which differ

I don't want hundreds, only one. Pick one.

I'm sorry they didn't have you in mind when they made this.

Ok at random, 1997 Ford Puma.But that's not really the point, we know car choices aren't that simple.

It's not whether they had me in mind or not, it's that they had in mind adding another novelty vehicle rather than a more practical one. Because no matter what you think a car that only really works on the moon is about as novelty as you can get in an earth based driving sim. Whichever I prefer is irrelevant, that was a conscious decision that they made.

Ok at random, 1997 Ford Puma.But that's not really the point, we know car choices aren't that simple.

It's not whether they had me in mind or not, it's that they had in mind adding another novelty vehicle rather than a more practical one. Whichever I prefer is irrelevant, that was a conscious decision that they made.
A Puma? Dude, couldn't you have picked something better?! :ill:
Oh, practical, eh? So a series one Land Rover. I like the cut of your jib after all! But now you mention it, that Rover was a bit extravagant. Practical for getting to the moon shops and back, though.

They could start with a car and work from there.

It is a car, by definition.

We'd all like to have our favourite cars in GT6 but some of them won't be in it. PD thought it was sensible/unique enough for a crazy car to be modeled for GT6 which doesn't make the most sense in a GT-game.

But hey, they decided to model this and constantly bitching about them wasting their time won't make it better. Not for you and most importantly not for us having to read your negative posts about PD over and over again after you quoted every single post with an opinion different than yours (exaggerating of course). It's becoming inbearable, really. I like your contributions to this community mostly, but this is getting ridiculous...

To me it proves that PD doesn't seem to care if the car is relevant or desirable in motorsport its more about its looks, quirkiness or if its inclusion will sound good on a press release.

A Puma? Dude, couldn't you have picked something better?! :ill:
Oh, practical, eh? So a series one Land Rover. I like the cut of your jib after all! But now you mention it, that Rover was a bit extravagant. Practical for getting to the moon shops and back, though.

Well practical in that it works on earth, yes.

We'd all like to have our favourite cars in GT6 but some of them won't be in it. PD thought it was sensible/unique enough for a crazy car to be modeled for GT6 which doesn't make the most sense in a GT-game.

But hey, they decided to model this and constantly bitching about them wasting their time won't make it better. Not for you and most importantly not for us having to read your negative posts about PD over and over again after you quoted every single post with an opinion different than yours. It's becoming inbearable, really. I like your contributions to this community mostly, but this is getting ridiculous...

It's not about cars I want, in this case it's about, well, cars. I would rather they model a car I hate than this moon rover. At least with an actual car some people somewhere will love it and regularly use it.

As for my posting I quoted one person who said they thought it was the best car revealed and questioned someone else praising PD for being different. After that it was other people quoting me.

So because you disagree with me I should get over it? How about, no? The point is PD spent time modeling all of that when they could have worked on something more worthwhile that more people would enjoy.
That moon vehicle made history, allowing humans to learn so much more about our moon. Seems pretty worthwhile to me, I think a lot of people will enjoy it.

Yes it's historic and so like those other cars you mentioned they should be in a museum. Spending time making them drivable is just stupid, this possibly the stupidest of all.

I can see more avantages about Rover than drawbacks :
- discover a new point of view of automobile and history
- break from the routine of classic races with having fun during some minutes
- attract more again curious customers
- further strengthen the encyclopedia spirit of GT wich has made the success of the franchise
- opportunity for Podi to pay a special tribute to NASA if Kaz worked with them for the astronomical feature
- road on the moon

You're talking like if a whole department spent months on it. Rover is not even part of 0,5% of all GT6.

THIS is what PD comes up with.. Instead of adding stuff people actually asked for for years, they add weird space **** that gonna be virtually useless and slow on a real racetrack, which makes the car even more useless because if GT5 didn't even have all of the other GT tracks, you can totally forget about any sort of "moon dlc". ****in ridiculous

It's going to be another Schwimmwagen or Kubelwagen, a novelty car that nobody will care about or use after two minutes of driving it, time wasted which could have been spent on a car that was actually requested by the fanbase.

- further strengthen the encyclopedia spirit of GT wich has made the success of the franchise

The "encyclopedia" aspect means less and less as they completely make up and pad more and more cars, so...

You talk like if they spend a month on it.

No. They spent "6".

It's going to be another Schwimmwagen or Kubelwagen, a novelty car that nobody will care about or use after two minutes of driving it, time wasted which could have been spent on a car that was actually requested by the fanbase.

Don't lump those two with it. Those could be raced with other things quite successfully.

That's how I feel about most cars in the game, to be fair. It's kind of inevitable in a sad way.

That moon vehicle made history, allowing humans to learn so much more about our moon. Seems pretty worthwhile to me, I think a lot of people will enjoy it.

I'm not denying how important and revolutionary it was at the time of it's use but I'm debating how valuable it is for us to drive it in a videogame. It wasn't important and history for it's performance, how it drove and handled, it was historic for where it went and what it did when it got there. If all we can do in the game is drive it on a portion of the moon it's going to be rather pointless and as I said earlier on earth with gravity it will be completely useless. It was not designed to drive on tarmac in earth gravity levels.

I can see more avantages about Rover than drawbacks :
- discover a new point of view of automobile and history
- break from the routine of classic races with having fun during some minutes
- attract more again curious customers
- opportunity for Podi to pay a special tribute to NASA if Kaz worked with them for the astronomical feature
- road to the moon

You talk like if a whole department spend months on it. Rover is not even part of 0,5% of all GT6.

- I can do that on Wikipedia. It's not like PD know how the thing handled to replicate it properly.
- Yeah, once. Or are you telling me you regularly drove the daimler wagen at 3mph in GT4?
- There's a big market in this sort of thing, is there?
- An area of the encyclopedia that didn't need extending.
- This benefits the players how?
- Good one.

I talk as if someone clearly spent a large deal of time on it, time that could have been spent elsewhere. When you're in a team of 500 you can perhaps afford to do something like this, when (through choice) you're in a team of 150 that struggles to put out cars in quick sucession you can't afford to spend time on novelties like this. If GT6 had 300 brand new cars I wouldn't care too much but it doesn't, it has around 100 at the moment.

I can see it already. Lunar Rover rooms everywhere :D

The car is surprising, but it's welcome. PD tends to do these things all the time and it's okay. It wouldn't be GT if they didn't add some weird vehicle that was not meant to be raced.

I'm not denying how important and revolutionary it was at the time of it's use but I'm debating how valuable it is for us to drive it in a videogame. It wasn't important and history for it's performance, how it drove and handled, it was historic for where it went and what it did when it got there. If all we can do in the game is drive it on a portion of the moon it's going to be rather pointless and as I said earlier on earth with gravity it will be completely useless.

- I can do that on Wikipedia. It's not like PD know how the thing handled to replicate it properly.
- Yeah, once. Or are you telling me you regularly drove the daimler wagen at 3mph in GT4?
- There's a big market in this sort of thing, is there?
- An area of the encyclopedia that didn't need extending.
- This benefits the players how?
- Good one.

I talk as if someone clearly spent a large deal of time on it, time that could have been spent elsewhere. When you're in a team of 500 you can perhaps afford to do something like this, when (through choice) you're in a team of 150 that struggles to put out cars in quick sucession you can't afford to spend time on novelties like this. If GT6 had 300 brand new cars I wouldn't care too much but it doesn't, it has around 100 at the moment.

And 100 is still massive. One wants a BMW, I wanted other Ferrari, it's impossible to satisfy everyone because there are more 100 000 car models in the world.

- Wikipedia can't make the automobile and its history as entertaining as a videogame does. PD can't replicate basic physics properly compared to PC simulations or Enthusia and you still play it.
- I don't care of the Rover but I know a lot of people will have a great fun with this, and even if it's once, they will be probably satisfied of this experience if this mode has been correctly made.
- Definitively yes, people like these kind of details because they feel a consistency and certain wealth behind the product.
- It's not the opinion from all people, don't think from your only mind.
- Simply to make their experience profitable to the players
- Thanks

Well I've said my piece on this, I can't be bothered continuing. Suffice to say I think this is a ridiculous waste of time.

Hiding behind a philosophy you subscribe to with increasing apathy to justify odd decisions has no advantages.

You have entering in the Kaz brain ? You made this statement only because you don't like this feature.

You have entering in the Kaz brain ? You made this mad statement only because you don't like this feature.

No, I don't like when people throw up "but GT is a car encyclopedia" as an excuse for every odd ass car inclusion when PD don't actually bother making the game much of a car encyclopedia outside of when they add odd ass cars. I especially don't like it when PD comments that they realize they overdo the car encyclopedia aspect even when they shouldn't, then turn around and continue doing the same thing they said they would cut down on.

But you can certainly get back to me on how the GT series is a teaching tool for automotive history when PD take the hundreds of fake and/or copy-pasted Miatas and S2000s and 350z and 3000GTs and RX-7s and Lexii and Skylines and Hondas out of GT7; and when they stop completely making up car statistics to artificially balance the cars in the game (which I hope to be the case with GT6 but hardly assume will be done); and when they stop filling the game with fake race cars that they give little indication that they don't actually exist to the extent that they turn one of them into a massive publicity stunt. When they start actually bothering to make the GT games an encyclopedia, like they did for the first two titles, they will be a lot better.

Back