Made a B-Spec USB-device to auto grind for me. :)

• Thread starter sweanders2
  • 88 comments
Yeah, I think the price is a big problem. I wouldn't pay anywhere near $49 for a final version, neither would I pay $35 to test it.

Although I highly doubt game credits would be made available to buy via Playstation Store, if they were at some point in the future I would probably even baulk at paying, say, $1 per million (or multiples thereof).

Essentially paying $35 for some in-game credits is lunacy IMO, but as I said before some people buy X2010's on Ebay for real money so there may be a small market for it. Whether that market is also profitable/worthwhile is another matter.

Some people will justify it because they just don't have the time to devote to grind the XPs and credits needed. I am sure he will sell his invention, it just won't be me buying at that price.

The people who buy cars on ebay are those who cannot devote endless hours of grinding to get the cash. Busy husbands, wives, parents, workers or folks who have cash, but don't have time. $10 for a car that will otherwise take 25 hours of play, and hence, 25 hours of browbeating from the spouse, is worth it. Finding $10 extra for some people is nothing compared to finding the time it takes to build that much XP and credits. $10 is nothing to parents wanting to spoil (i.e., shut up) a spoiled little rich kid. Good, let's grab some of that rich people money

People pay almost $200 for a wheel stand when you can do down to Home Depot and buy a workstand for $29 that is just as good. People will buy anything.

Sancho

sweanders2

I'll take one mate!

Lets face it guys, B Spec demands ZERO SKILL so in my opinion is a complete and utter waste of our time. Yes its great to get the credits and waste time at work running remote races for our Bobs to prosper but hey, GT5 is supposed to be a Driving Simulator so let me know where to send you the cash, its a cracking idea and I believe in credit where credit is due.

For those that disagree, tough, its my life and I'd rather race with friends online and within our club where the real talent hangs out than give a monkeys chuff about B Spec Bob (RIP)!

sweanders2

I'll take one mate!

Lets face it guys, B Spec demands ZERO SKILL so in my opinion is a complete and utter waste of our time. Yes its great to get the credits and waste time at work running remote races for our Bobs to prosper but hey, GT5 is supposed to be a Driving Simulator so let me know where to send you the cash, its a cracking idea and I believe in credit where credit is due.

For those that disagree, tough, its my life and I'd rather race with friends online and within our club where the real talent hangs out than give a monkeys chuff about B Spec Bob (RIP)!

It works great and I see nothing wrong with it... like you said it's only for grinding...no talent needed !!! I have a life away from GT5 just grinding after after hour... I love doing the A Spec when I can sit and play for a few hours but can not do that every day...

whm
It works great and I see nothing wrong with it... like you said it's only for grinding...no talent needed !!! I have a life away from GT5 just grinding after after hour... I love doing the A Spec when I can sit and play for a few hours but can not do that every day...

Many thanks I truly appreciate the feedback.

So long as it racks up the credits so I can purchase then race all the cars that it took 5/6 years to produce and ultimately before FM4 is released I'll be happy.

I don't have the inclination to sit at my PS3 pointlessly punching buttons PD watching races, I paid you £50 GBP for a racing game and you've made the A and B spec mind numbingly tedious.

GT5 is not supposed to be a grind as everyone keeps posting, it is supposed to be fun and a reflection of your sim driving talent.

Don't get me started on the illusive leader boards or should I say lack of....!

Many thanks I truly appreciate the feedback.

So long as it racks up the credits so I can purchase then race all the cars that it took 5/6 years to produce and ultimately before FM4 is released I'll be happy.

I don't have the inclination to sit at my PS3 pointlessly punching buttons PD watching races, I paid you £50 GBP for a racing game and you've made the A and B spec mind numbingly tedious.

GT5 is not supposed to be a grind as everyone keeps posting, it is supposed to be fun and a reflection of your sim driving talent.

Don't get me started on the illusive leader boards or should I say lack of....!

All of the B Spec grinding that I am doing I have already completed those races before I started doing the grinding thing... I usually play A Spec for a week then B Spec for a week. As you level up it becomes more difficult so I prefer to switch between the two to keep away boredom

I just pick up one of those guys in front of Home Depot and have them grind B spec all day for me.

Yes, and find your PS3 hanged after a few hours with no game data saved. ;)

It is a cool way of doing it, I tried something similar and it lead me to take it a few steps further.

So I went ahead and picked one of these up from Anders.

I gotta say, I love the remote racing, but I still do it a lot, but for experience grinding, and optimal money income, his Bob Babysitter doohickey is top notch.

I'm am currently in a "car hungry" mode, and have been spending right and left, and having a TON of fun playing with the new cars. I recently picked up a Logitech DFGT wheel, and OH MY GOD IS THIS GAME GOOD WITH A WHEEL. I felt cheated of an awesome experience when I got my wheel, because I had finished A-spec races with the DS3. So I've gone back and done them. Using the wheel lets you REALLY feel differences between cars, so I've been having a ton of fun with different ones.

SO! This Bob Babysitter, I go to bed, I plug it in (not necessarily in that order), and it races my FGT on Like the Wind Indy all night, at 70k per 15 minutes, 280k per hour, a few million a night. Runs like a champ, my main Bob is closing in on the Air of Experience trophy, and I still run Bspec Remotes with Yonis' widget all day so my buddies get mad remote money and xp.

Very very pleased with my Bob Babysittin' doohickey, I am.

-Aox

Aox
So I went ahead and picked one of these up from Anders.

I gotta say, I love the remote racing, but I still do it a lot, but for experience grinding, and optimal money income, his Bob Babysitter doohickey is top notch.

I'm am currently in a "car hungry" mode, and have been spending right and left, and having a TON of fun playing with the new cars. I recently picked up a Logitech DFGT wheel, and OH MY GOD IS THIS GAME GOOD WITH A WHEEL. I felt cheated of an awesome experience when I got my wheel, because I had finished A-spec races with the DS3. So I've gone back and done them. Using the wheel lets you REALLY feel differences between cars, so I've been having a ton of fun with different ones.

SO! This Bob Babysitter, I go to bed, I plug it in (not necessarily in that order), and it races my FGT on Like the Wind Indy all night, at 70k per 15 minutes, 280k per hour, a few million a night. Runs like a champ, my main Bob is closing in on the Air of Experience trophy, and I still run Bspec Remotes with Yonis' widget all day so my buddies get mad remote money and xp.

Very very pleased with my Bob Babysittin' doohickey, I am.

-Aox

With the babysitter I finally reached level 40 and have much more time doing the A Spec myself... I have reached 20 million several times and have all the cars I need and most of the ones I want... my first Bob is also level 40 now...

Last edited:
Seems to me you will reach 20M per account very quickly, whereas Remote Bob can store an additional amount of credits on top of your account level...the BankofBob as it's known....

I believe this might be a violation of the Terms of Use of both; GT5 and the PSN/PS3. Please read the Terms of Use (again?). Just to double check, because in-game credits cannot be sold for real money, I do not know if that rule can be stretched to that extent. But, I am just saying you know... I want this to be clean. :)

Seems to me you will reach 20M per account very quickly, whereas Remote Bob can store an additional amount of credits on top of your account level...the BankofBob as it's known....

Yeah, I just leave the extra in the BoB. I haven't had any problem finding cars to spend the main account money on, and if I need more, I just do a quick 1 or 2 BoB withdrawal XD

-Aox

Eq
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=194380 while not as "clean" as this setup with oil changes the code in this thread is free.

I was checking that out. Also liked the idea of that ubuntu ran bluetooth one.

This Arduino one, however, requires a 29.99 Ard Duo, and I don't have one of those laying about :\ Also, the Ard Duo version doesn't macro out things for you, just hits down and enter (or something similar)

Can't beat open source code though ;)

-Aox

Aox

This Arduino one, however, requires a 29.99 Ard Duo, and I don't have one of those laying about :\ Also, the Ard Duo version doesn't macro out things for you, just hits down and enter (or something similar)

-Aox
There's also code available for this board as well. 25-30$ may seem like a lot, but think of all the things you could do with the board(s) AFTER you finish B-spec? ;)

As for the macroing, the code is open source. If the OP shares his process (or even the code) it could easily be ported to the Arduino or the bit whacker.

No offence to the OP, but that's quite a steep price :ouch:

Aox

-Aox

If you purely want to grind money and xp then spamming down and enter is exactly what you need. If you want to fully automate b-spec then yes a macro would be needed. I would assume most people on here just want an easy way to farm cash and the Ard or UBW will work fine and I suspect that the original posters code is running on one of these devices with modified HID Keyboard code.

Can't see spending real money to get a device to play a game for me...

...especially when there's a free PC application that will do it for me.

The grinder is cool but for the same amount of time you have your playstation on for the minimum reward doesn't make sense. By rubber banding or using this usb attachment you will have 20million within a 24hr period.

I find that like the wind, indy @ 5 laps in A-SPEC nets a clear 70k/cr per 3.5minutes. That is 1.1million per hr :-)

Eq
The grinder is cool but for the same amount of time you have your playstation on for the minimum reward doesn't make sense. By rubber banding or using this usb attachment you will have 20million within a 24hr period.

Which means you'll have to (Edit: well, you get to :)) spend your money every 24 hours, so you can keep going without wasting any credits.

I find that like the wind, indy @ 5 laps in A-SPEC nets a clear 70k/cr per 3.5minutes. That is 1.1million per hr :-)

Sure, it beats the $250k/h I make with remote. But, and that's the thing, remote allows you to make another $120 Million in the Bank of Bob, on top of your $20 Million cap. With A-Spec and B-Spec you can only ever get up to $20 Million. With remote racing, you can collect up a cool $140 Million!

Sure, it beats the $250k/h I make with remote. But, and that's the thing, remote allows you to make another $120 Million in the Bank of Bob, on top of your $20 Million cap. With A-Spec and B-Spec you can only ever get up to $20 Million. With remote racing, you can collect up a cool $140 Million!

Interesting... didn't think of the "bank of bob" but when I hit 20mill I buy one of the 20mill cars, just got the 330 P4 so I could get that damn race trophy.

To anyone who has bought this USB device:

The ps3 only recognises a handful of Human Interface Devices (even less as of update 3.42), thus meaning that this device MUST be emulating a keyboard (my best guess). Would anyone who has this USB device plug it into a PC with notepad/emacs/gedit open? If my guess is correct, the device should being typing the order of commands for it to automate B-Spec. Let us know what the device types out, and we'll be able to port it to open source devices :)

To anyone who has bought this USB device:

The ps3 only recognises a handful of Human Interface Devices (even less as of update 3.42), thus meaning that this device MUST be emulating a keyboard (my best guess). Would anyone who has this USB device plug it into a PC with notepad/emacs/gedit open? If my guess is correct, the device should being typing the order of commands for it to automate B-Spec. Let us know what the device types out, and we'll be able to port it to open source devices :)

Hey Deba94, any luck on your side automating? i've been able to get championships to complete (with a left button press) but I can't seem to automate an exit and oil change :(

I'm just running some tests on my championship options as i've had it fail once so I want to be sure on my timing.

Eq
Hey Deba94, any luck on your side automating? i've been able to get championships to complete (with a left button press) but I can't seem to automate an exit and oil change :(

I'm just running some tests on my championship options as i've had it fail once so I want to be sure on my timing.

Heh, I haven't considered the oil change yet, was still looking into automating championships. Mind sharing your code for championships? :D

There's also code available for this board as well. 25-30$ may seem like a lot, but think of all the things you could do with the board(s) AFTER you finish B-spec? ;)

As for the macroing, the code is open source. If the OP shares his process (or even the code) it could easily be ported to the Arduino or the bit whacker.

No offence to the OP, but that's quite a steep price :ouch:

None taken, but if you look at the hardware cost. Plus the fact that this board can be loaded with other than my code (just like the Arduino but better) I think the price is better than fair.

$49 would be hard to market for a particular game, particular aspect of a game and for a particular time of the game.

Issue 1, once level 25 most would run endurance with no babysitting of Bob.
Issue 2, if money is what someone is after, 2 rubber bands, a paper clip, and a usb keyboard gets 20 mil in about 9 hours.

Your vendor is more or less looking for a device that will press buttons at key times for a variety of games.

20 mill in 9 hours? How do I do that?

I would buy one. Sign me up! The quicker the better!

Back