Mafia 3 - 2016 (X1, PS4, PC)

• Thread starter Techy
  • 129 comments
United States
Florida
gtamann123
2K has now confirmed that Mafia 3 is under development. A reveal trailer will be released on August 5, 2015, around the same time Gamescon begins. The trailer will be released on their YouTube channel here.

Mafia_III_-1280x607.png

Sources:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mafia-3-confirmed-full-reveal-coming-next-month/1100-6429230/
https://www.polygon.com/2015/7/28/9055497/mafia-3-confirmed-more-details-on-aug-5

I'll update the OP once the reveal trailer comes out.

EDIT: Official Reveal Trailer:

And more details about the game on IGN.

Last edited:
Polygon.com
Mafia 2 published in August 2010, seven years after eight years after the original Mafia.

Not sure if seven or eight...why not both?

I wonder when they are planning on releasing it.

This is going to be amazing. I loved Mafia II and thought (and still think) that it was one of the best games on PS3. Hopefully this is as good.

Well color me intrigued, I didn't like the first, but loved the second as a GTA alternative with a bit of noire, I wonder how this'll (or if it'll) top that besides the tech-boost.

That ending man...

So what happened to the 2k studio that made Mafia 2 and-I-can't-spell-on-my-phone-or-pronounce-to-get-it-to-type-it-for-me?

So what happened to the 2k studio that made Mafia 2 and-I-can't-spell-on-my-phone-or-pronounce-to-get-it-to-type-it-for-me?
2K Czech, who developed Mafia II, are still going. Hangar 13 is a new studio and the person leading it has worked on quite a few big name games so hopefully they don't screw up Mafia III.

I've seen the trailer and from the looks of it, it will have a good story I can't wait to here more info about it :)

Looks great! By the looks of things this game is probably set in Miami.

Looking forward to this one, Mafia 2 went under the radar for a lot of people last gen but it was a great game.

I can certainly relate to that statement, Samus. I have Mafia II in my Steam library for the good part of 2 or 3 years, if not more, but it has been a while since I have actually played it. It is strange, because I certainly did not think the game was bad in the slightest... Perhaps it was my PC's iffy performance with modern games that put me off, or maybe the lack of hard drive space for another game that led me into uninstalling Mafia II itself.

Either way, the key part is that Mafia III's existence eluded me until now. It has gone under my gaming radar like Mafia II did for a long time, and from the looks of it, unfairly so. The graphics are smooth and suit the new '60s timeline, the shooting is polished even thought it doesn't change much within the classic 3rd-person-shooter template most modern games use (including the standard weapon wheel that GTA has also favored), and the driving looks fun with the right amount of weight behind it (which was something that GTA V ditched in favor of a more arcade-esque and player-friendly handling engine). Fighting is what interests me the most, however; I've learned to despise the awkward fighting mechanics of GTA V (you'd think that the creators of The Warriors's videogame would know better), but Mafia's own hand-to-hand combate seems quite intuitive for what it has available. You can jump out of cover and smash a goon's head into a stairs divider, or tackle and disarm another goon. Not quite Sleeping Dogs's hyperactive Bruce Lee-esque battles, but I can forgive Mafia III for not doing those, it's not meant to be that kind of action movie.

My only real issue with Mafia III is that, without a current-gen console, I don't really think I can play it at decent speeds. There is a reason why I forgone buying GTA V with my current desktop PC, and it has nothing to do with the game's actual price...

One problem I had with Mafia II was that there was nothing to do outside of the main missions apart from sticking up gun stores in previous missions, since there wasn't even a free roaming mode, but it looks like this could have enough to do in it that it won't be a problem. The guns look to be fun to use while being realistic and so do the cars, and I noticed some custom side exhausts on the black muscle car in one of the videos above, so hopefully we'll see some car customisation similar to GTAV.

Pre Order DLC

Kinda annoyed the Leapard (Camaro) and Stallion (Mustang) are Pre Order DLC only. If they are available standalone at a later date I'll definitely get them.

Pre Order DLC

Kinda annoyed the Leapard (Camaro) and Stallion (Mustang) are Pre Order DLC only. If they are available standalone at a later date I'll definitely get them.

I'll never understand pre-order bonuses... Since games like GTA V release pre-order only bonuses after release, you might as well just add it in the game on release day.

Mafia 3 got over 60 accolades, 12 awards and a few top 10 recognitions at E3 this year.

Meet Cassandra, the Voodoo Queen

Also, there's what looks to be a 1968 Shelby GT500 look alike at 0:30 in this trailer.

Looks like the opening mission will be a daring heist on the Federal Reserve

Latest Posts

Back