Mafia 3 - 2016 (X1, PS4, PC)

• Thread starter Techy
  • 129 comments
If you want to get rid of the blur, you can use SweetFX presets. https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/game/1488/ Very easy to install them. Though if you play on Steam the overlay breaks.

I'm using the Color Correction preset and the game looks significantly better. But the issues with graphics quality still remain, like how reflections update while in motion or some weird blurring effect while in motion.

Honestly I don't think I'm gonna touch this game until these issues get ironed out.

I'm hearing that the game overheats PC components. Could be due to the high CPU usage when you unlock the framerate.

That does look a lot better 👍

Sorry for the double post but this video deserves a bump:

:lol:

I noticed the slow mirrors also. At one mirror it appeared Lincoln is a vampire. :scared:

I'm 12 hours in and overall quite enjoying the game. The atmosphere, music, facial animations and voice acting are on point.
The graphics are a hit and miss sometimes and it's very poorly optimized on all platforms.

It's Hangar 13's first large game and it shows, of course they've had some big shoes to fill creating a game in the Mafia franchise maybe they've bitten off a bit more than they could chew but certainly 2K haven't given them enough time to finish it.

Mind you Mafia I and II weren't flawless either.

It's been a couple of days since the previous patch. Still no news yet... Hmm

I know, but I'm quite pissed. I can't do any of the sub missions involving stealing boats/trucks because boats and trucks don't spawn, lights are making me blind and crashes could corrupt game saves (better make a copy).

I'm on PS4 and really enjoying the game for what it is, but bugs are huge

I know, but I'm quite pissed. I can't do any of the sub missions involving stealing boats/trucks because boats and trucks don't spawn, lights are making me blind and crashes could corrupt game saves (better make a copy).

I'm on PS4 and really enjoying the game for what it is, but bugs are huge
I'm putting this game in the fridge for now until they fix it and make it release worthy.

Well that's it completed including all side missions. I found it a very enjoyable game :) .... not to Fallout 4 standard, but then again what is (imo) I'm wondering whether to buy the season pass yet, may be quite a while before the first DLC arrives and I may have forgotten it by then :dopey:

I never got to the end of Mafia III, I can't recall the last single player story I didn't get to the end of, the grind was just too much and the constant visual glitches didn't help so I sold it. I watched my brother do the "proper" story missions, they did a decent job on that side of things.

I don't think I had too many obvious visual glitches, and only two crashes to blue screen quite early on .... What platform were you on ?

Pretty much all games are a bit 'grindy' but having gratefully abandoned Far Cry 4 to play Mafia 3 it didn't feel that way at all. It may have felt different if I jumped straight from a good game, but not overly so. The missions were challenging enough to keep me interested and trying to take as many enemies as possible down by stealth was great fun.

On PS4, just glitches like Lincoln glowing or cars hovering but as I said the grind was my main problem, too much time spent holding the throttle while staring at the horizon before killing a load of guys in a building in a small handful of different ways.

This is what I mean by Lincoln glowing, someone posted this on Reddit.

39wu8B5.jpg

Last edited:
I find it pretty funny that when you try to run over your crew, it doesn't actually do anything to them but mess up the car physics.

I never had the cars hovering, had a funny one when I was talking to Cassandra and there was two of her in the same place on the sofa, one talking to me and the other reading her book, but I just find things like that funny lol.
Maybe because I've been a gamer, to a greater or lesser degree since the early 80's and have seen games come so far from the blocky figures like Jet Set Willy etc that little glitches etc don't bother me the way they seem to with some people.

I find it pretty funny that when you try to run over your crew, it doesn't actually do anything to them but mess up the car physics.

I never tried that, I'll try to remember to give it a go when I play the DLC :lol:

On PS4, just glitches like Lincoln glowing or cars hovering but as I said the grind was my main problem, too much time spent holding the throttle while staring at the horizon before killing a load of guys in a building in a small handful of different ways.

This is what I mean by Lincoln glowing, someone posted this on Reddit.

Yeah Lincoln glows a lot on PC as well.

Well of course it's a compilation, but one could argue it wasn't ready for release yes :D
Patch 2.5 will probably arrange that somewhere next year...
Some says its an early access version as the final release version isnt as buggy. Its still there, but only very small bit.

Is this game THAT buggy, honestly?

I really didn't find it to be, I had the one in the video of the double Cassandra once, and a couple of times Lincoln was glowing for a very short time (a few seconds) but only on restart after leaving it paused for over an hour. I may be one of the 'lucky ones' but people will only post about when they get bugs, the people who aren't getting them don't generally make a fuss about it lol.

Back