Mafia Trilogy

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by PzR Slim, May 13, 2020.

1. PzR Slim

PzR Slim Premium

In the age of remasters, here's another. Very underrated series. Looking forward to the announcement on May 19.

Frizbe, Jtheripper and sirjim73 like this.
  2. CLG314

CLG314

Super hyped for this. Apparently there’s leaks of Mafia 1 being a complete remake while the other 2 are remasters.

Jtheripper and PzR Slim like this.
  3. Gr4ndy

Gr4ndy

Mafia 1 screenshots from MS store.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. T0MMY3688

T0MMY3688

Happy to see this got remastered actually, I love Mafia 2 and miss out on Mafia 1 back then.

5. Jtheripper

Jtheripper

Liked mafia1 alot, might get it if it's enough of a remake.
    2 i liked too but mostly the driving on sim mode.
    3 is really nice to me also.
    Screenshot_2020-05-14-10-17-56.png

Last edited: May 14, 2020
  6. ROAD_DOGG33J

ROAD_DOGG33J Premium

I don't think 3 will be a remaster as it came out on the PS4. I like the idea, mostly looking forward to the remaster of the first game.

I'm kind of mixed on 2 being included, and since I recently played Mafia 3 I don't have much reason to buy it again. But I'm guessing it won't cost much to include it for them, so they're just bundling it in to hopefully increase sales.

7. CLG314

CLG314

I’m pretty sure 2 is just ported from last gen with updated textures/graphics, kinda similar with how Rockstar did with LA Noire and 3 being a rerelease with fixes. Honestly I hope these games come separately because I already own Mafia 3 and I do t feel like owning 2 copies lol

8. ROAD_DOGG33J

ROAD_DOGG33J Premium

I think the first game was the best of the series, so the remaster if done well would be pretty nice. Oddly even though it's the oldest game, it's the one I remember the most about.

Jtheripper likes this.
  9. Tornado

Tornado

Mafia 1 is a masterpiece. A phenomenal third person shooter with chapter-based storytelling that only happens to take place in a realism-focused open world environment dripping in ambiance rather than making you go do irrelevant crap to progress the story. There are a bunch of thoughtful design mechanics that the GTA series itself didn't do until IV. The shooting and on-foot controls are great, up there even with Max Payne on how tight everything feels and how carefully crafted the action sequences are. Every gunfight could devolve into something else entirely depending on how you approached the situation. The driving model is heavily sim-focused, even going so far as to let you shift gears manually with a clutch (which caught a lot of people off guard when there was a automobile race in crappy handling but fast-even-today 1930s GP cars halfway through the game). In a console generation that basically devolved into games with the description "It's like GTA III, but...", Mafia stood out as a game that was its own thing entirely (so long as you didn't play the... uh... challenged PS2 port).

That makes me extremely concerned that the developer of Mafia 3 is the one remaking it from scratch instead of the developer of the first two games.

pringaling and Jtheripper like this.
  10. ROAD_DOGG33J

ROAD_DOGG33J Premium

Mafia II Definitive Edition is out. Mafia III has been out, but it's out again as the Definitive Edition.

Mafia I remaster will be out on August 28. It will be running on the Mafia III engine.

sirjim73 and Jtheripper like this.
  11. Tornado

Tornado

Uh oh.

Jtheripper likes this.