Major League Baseball: 2012 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 2,618 comments
Well, it's official- Tigers sweep the Yankees. So half the World Series is set. It was an 8-1 Tigers' victory today. If the Cardinals beat the Giants in the NLCS, it could be an all-Midwest World Series. M. Scherzer (DET) won while Sabathia (NYY) took the loss.

:lol: at Phil Coke talking the the Tigers radio guy.

Q: Am I annoying you by stopping you from celebrating with your team?
A: Yes

Minneapolis are even worse for the fact that they had a covered stadium which needed replacing, and replaced it with an uncovered one.

Interesting note: between '10 and '11 there were only been two postponed games due to weather at Target Field. (I'm still googling arount the net to find out how many games were postponed during the '12 season).

Maybe not postponed per se, but you could imagine how uncomfortable the weather there is especially at the beginning and end of the season.

Interesting note: between '10 and '11 there were only been two postponed games due to weather at Target Field. (I'm still googling arount the net to find out how many games were postponed during the '12 season).

Yes, but how many delays and other games of uncomfortably cold weather? My girlfriend's dad and brother have told me about going to Toronto's games while it was snowing in the days before Skydome/Rogers Centre. It also snowed opening day in Toronto in 2009 when I went - would have been horrible if not for the dome.

I think I heard the other day that Detroit were the most affected this year by weather. I cant find squat on google, it's all news stories of individual games.

On a related note - Dodgers haven't been rained out at home in 10+ years.

California, baby!

It's Zito (SF) vs. Lynn (STL) for Game 5 of the NLCS tonight in St. Louis. The Cardinals lead the NLCS 3-1. An epic comeback by San Francisco is needed if the Giants want to play Detroit for the championship this season.

Best of luck to both teams.

Busch Stadium will be rocking tonight!!! Stan The Man delivered the game ball last night and The Wizard of Oz threw out the first pitch... It doesn't get any better than that!

I hope so, that means whoever ends up playing the Tigers will be a bit more tired. I'm still pulling for the Giants though.

The Tigers are going to be playing AAA teams until next Monday or Tuesday so they stay playing ball.

The NLCS goes through San Francisco for Game 6 on Sunday. St. Louis will send Carpenter to the mound, and San Francisco will counter with Vogelsong. Are we looking at this series going the distance, or will St. Louis end this one in six games in San Francisco?

The Tigers are going to be playing AAA teams until next Monday or Tuesday so they stay playing ball.

Teams have tried this before... It's not new.

Find me a quote from a manager or a starting player saying something along the lines of "I give credit to our success this series to playing minor league teams in mock games while we were off."

There is a Level 23 Ticket in it for you JD.

Speaking of the Marlins, I wonder what Miami would be like if Alex Rodriguez goes from the Yankees to the Marlins. Some people are predicting or hoping A-Rod go to the Marlins. I also wonder if he'd be effective with Miami.

Heath Bell to D-Backs
Chris Young to Oakland
Not sure what Miami gets, yet...
Miami gets a realization that 2012 was the worst year the franchise has probably ever gone through. It was their third fire sale and this one came after a dead last finish in the NL East.

You kind of felt the momentum shift in Game 5. Game 6 so far has exactly the same tone. The Cardinals are starting to botch even the routine plays now, and of course, their bat has gone ice cold. :crazy:

Did you know we got Game 7 tonight of the NLCS? San Francisco is the venue as St. Louis and San Francisco will knock each others' heads one last time this season. Who'll take on Detroit for the league championship? We shall see tonight!

Anyone else see Brian Wilson drumming on Matt Cain's (and someone else's) heads last night? Not the first time they've showed him doing that. Guy is nutty. :lol:

Cards at Giants tonight at 8 Eastern. Matt Cain vs Kyle Lohse - both 16 game winners who had nearly identical seasons. One pitched 211 innings, the other 219. One ERA is 2.79, the other 2.86.

It's raining in San Francisco right now as I was watching MLB Network. So it may be some time until we see whom advances to the World Series. I know I said that San Francisco would need an epic comeback if they wanted to make the World Series. Well, if they beat STL tonight, that epic comeback will be complete. All I know is- win or go home. Winner goes to the World Series; loser- better luck next season.

We're either going to have Tigers vs. Giants or Tigers vs. Cardinals. Good luck to both San Francisco and St. Louis tonight.

Back