Major League Baseball: 2012 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 2,618 comments
It was worth it though. That was the only time Joe Robbie ever completely filled up for baseball, and I still remember Craig Counsel's game-winning run and the crowd going nuts. It's my most vivid baseball memory followed by the 2001 WS.

And we are staying right here. San Francisco will host Detroit in the 2012 World Series.

564799_294455833988620_1170001309_n.jpg

It was pouring in the 9th!
That was nuts.

It was interesting, as my drive home was just like it. Dumping rain, but with plenty of light. The game had lights from the stadium, my local weather was half sunny, half downpour. :crazy:

Wow. I'm amazed that SF came back to win another series with their backs to the wall. Impressive. Now I don't feel so bad that they knocked Cincy out because they did the same to St. Louis.

Good luck to both teams in the World Series. 👍

Does anyone else find it ironic that those rooting for the Tigers in the World Series will be rooting against the team that wears orange and black?

Epic comeback complete. I didn't PREDICT an epic comeback, but damn- San Francisco just refused to lose. Let's see what they can do against the Detroit Tigers in the World Series.

Okay GTP... you got the Detroit Tigers of the AL. You got the San Francisco Giants of the NL. Tell it- who will win the 2012 World Series and in how many games?

Tigers in 6, they have too good of a pitching staff and too many heavy hitters not to win. Obviously things always happen though that. An shift the momentum.

They Tigers have already taken care of the one of the Bay Area's scrappy teams, and then they turned around and embarrassed the antithesis of that scrappy team in sweeping the Yankees.

Tigers in 5 to win it at home.

Tigers in 6, they have too good of a pitching staff and too many heavy hitters not to win. Obviously things always happen though that. An shift the momentum.

The Giants have really good pitching too... And a better bullpen.

They Tigers have already taken care of the one of the Bay Area's scrappy teams, and then they turned around and embarrassed the antithesis of that scrappy team in sweeping the Yankees.

The A's aren't really that scrapping. They used the same formula the Giants won in 2010... Homeruns and pitching. The A's strikeout a lot and don't hit for a high average.

The Giants are a prototypical scrapping team, don't strike out take walks and get lots of hits. That's the Giants key to win is make Detroits starters work. Also would like to point out that they Giants fared pretty well against Verlander in the ASG. :sly:

Giants in 7 :)

To the shock and utter disbelief of everyone (especially Omnis), the Miami Marlins have fired Ozzie Guillen.

Using the ASG as an indicator? :lol: Also, your ASG MVP was on the roids so I'm not sure why you even brought it up.

You're better than that dude.

Tigers in 6.

Not rooting for anybody in particular as I don't mind both teams; looking forward to the series though.

Not rooting for anybody in particular as I don't mind both teams; looking forward to the series though.

Same. I would prefer SF win it as they are a NL West team, but either team deserves it more than St Louis. Sorry STL fans. :sly:

R1600Turbo
Same. I would prefer SF win it as they are a NL West team, but either team deserves it more than St Louis. Sorry STL fans. :sly:

If the Yankees or Cards had got through I'd have been rooting against them but both SF and Detroit deserve the win in my opinion so I'm glad they both made it :D

Hopefully that massive win last night means the SF hitters are getting back on track and can give the Tigers a run for their money.

Using the ASG as an indicator? :lol: Also, your ASG MVP was on the roids so I'm not sure why you even brought it up.

You're better than that dude.

Everyone knows that Pablo should of been the MVP. Hes the one that broke it out, Melky just added on really. And Pablo hit a non hanging Verlander curve 2 feet shy of a HR. I have a complete analysis of why I think the Giants will fare much better then what the media gives them. Its awesomely formulated with a little bias flare.

Those friday nigh home game jersey are freakin' snazzy!

Ok, time to let off some steam because these 'experts' don't know how to analyze baseball at all. First off, I in no way am trying to put down the Tigers my prediction is Giants in 7 but obviously it can go either way.

So all I hear is how the Tigers have this mighty offense that will blow away the Giants. The Giants were 12th in baseball with 718 runs and the Tigers were 11th with 126. That's playing most of the year without our best power hitter or he was injured and playing with limited bat speed, he is now 100% and on fire.

This reminded me back in 2010 when all I heard was 'the Rangers power bats are going to devour the Giants'. The Giants hit 162 HRs that year, the Rangers hit 162.

The Giants score there runs on hits, speed, patience and situational hitting. We led baseball in sacrifice flies. We don't strike out, we put the ball in play and make the defense work. This is where the Giants have an advantage, there defense sucks. Playoffs are all about defense, this is why the Giants are here. Its something this team takes really seriously, we have 5-6 guys that play GG quality D.

Verlander isn't unbeatable, before this year he had a 5-6 ERA over 8 starts. Now these past 3 starts hes unbeatable? Yes he is very very good, but the Giants are the type of team to beat him. They will jump on the first pitch and make the defense work, they aren't going sit back and wait and strike out. Unless he has control problems they are going to be aggressive.

Pablo is going to sit on the first ankle high curve and hit it far. :)

Back