Make my car wheelie.

ChronowerX_GT
Hi, can anyone give me any advice on getting the '69 Camero to wheelie? In general what settings and mods should I use to get those front wheels in the air?

Thanks,

C_GT

Off the line wheelies have never been possible in GT. It was possible to do wheelies at high speed in GT3 and 4, which would allow you to lift the nose up at 200+mph and you'd end up doing 3-400mph within a few seconds, but somehow I don't think this is what the OP is after, nor if it even works on GT5 anymore.

Somebody really likes to watch the Fast and (the) Furious silliness.

lol if a highly tuned FR Car is geared properly it will wheelie its not "Fast and (the) Furious silliness". And here was me thinking people were enthusiastic about cars etc. on this forum. :(

In answer to your question i'm almost 99% sure you cannot wheelie unless you hit a bump....

There is a Technique Called "Lofting" Its not a Wheelie in the True Sense

Using the Track Creator on the Eifel Track you can Create very Bumpy Tracks with lots of High Speed Hills .

Create the Right One (and its Pure luck by the way) and you can "Loft" the Front of the Car simply because if you hit the peak of the Hill at the Right speed without Jumping it

The Rise in the Road at the Peak of the Hill Lifts the front of the Car and Briefly it will Ride along on the Back Wheels

Example

EifelCircuit.jpg

Its not a Tune just a bit of luck occasionally

I think I saw someone manage a wheelie in the old triumph, can't find the link though, sorry.
And surely it would be easier with an RR car than an FR as more of the weight is at the back?

GT5 the real driving simulator "where no matter how much power you add and settings you change, your still not going to wheelie from stationary" People wheelie race in real life (before fast and furious) and were has the nos gone??

GT5 the real driving simulator "where no matter how much power you add and settings you change, your still not going to wheelie from stationary" People wheelie race in real life (before fast and furious) and were has the nos gone??

Well, the main problem with GT5 and drag racing is that the only tires available are the exact opposite of drag tires. The traction needed to hold the torque required to pull the fronts is simply not there as they have VERY stiff sidewalls for cornering capability rather than the extremely soft sidewalls of a drag slick (which increase contact patch and "bite" extremely noticeably). Ballast is also missing (while it was available in GT4) which means there's even less traction available than there was then.

NOS is gone with that stupid drag strip, thank god.

The drag strip and test curse was nice to have, it offered a consistent testing environment for gearing and shift points for one thing. NOS was largely useless and I don't particularly miss it though.

Well, the main problem with GT5 and drag racing is that the only tires available are the exact opposite of drag tires. The traction needed to hold the torque required to pull the fronts is simply not there as they have VERY stiff sidewalls for cornering capability rather than the extremely soft sidewalls of a drag slick (which increase contact patch and "bite" extremely noticeably). Ballast is also missing (while it was available in GT4) which means there's even less traction available than there was then.

Not to mention the lack of a real drag racing suspension.

Depending on the car, settings can be achieved which would result in adequate weight transfer to pull the wheels.

That said, geometries etc are never optimum for drag racing in GT5 so...

+1 that it's more then likely impossible froma standing start in GT5, but i seem to recall the Spoon S2000 being the car that always wanted to take flight in GT3 (or GT4 ?) at high speeds. Just a matter of adjusting ride height and downforce et voila!

other than posting these comments, has anyone even tried it?
I was thinking about this but havent gotten around to try it:
1.Any FR muscle car( that can have all parts purchased for it)
2.Transmission: Adjust the speed, so Acc. is at max and top speed is at Min.
3.Rear tires: have the strongest tire grip possible; Front tires: have the lowest grip possible.
4. If possible, buy a carbon hood
5. If possible, buy a spoiler and increase the downforce to the max.

An RR car (RUF BTR, CTR Yellowbird) will have a better shot at this than an FR, and a musclecar will actually be the most difficult to do this with.

Why? Weight balance. Most of the proper muscle cars have engines weighing 700+lbs positioned forward of the front axle and fairly little weight over the rear.

other than posting these comments, has anyone even tried it?
I was thinking about this but havent gotten around to try it:
1.Any FR muscle car( that can have all parts purchased for it)
2.Transmission: Adjust the speed, so Acc. is at max and top speed is at Min.
3.Rear tires: have the strongest tire grip possible; Front tires: have the lowest grip possible.
4. If possible, buy a carbon hood
5. If possible, buy a spoiler and increase the downforce to the max.
6. Custome suspension with soft spring back/hard in front and also adjust ride height too your advantage.

6. Custome suspension with soft spring back/hard in front and also adjust ride height too your advantage.

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt.

Stiff springs in the front will actually REDUCE rearward weight transfer. Softer springs result in more travel and more stored energy, resulting in more rearward roll, resulting in more weight transfer, resulting in more grip. It's become common for drag cars to have "travel limiters" to prevent the car from pulling the front tires too much, in fact.

I tried with the following cars:

800bhp McLaren F1
900bhp Viper Acr
1400bhp X2010 proto

I got nothing out of those, even with crazy suspension settings

still have:
Toyota Minolta

Last edited:
VW type 2 van, soft racing tires, all the mods (turbo 2 or 1 can't remember), suspension all the way up, and with a little practice you can do a wheelie.

Pete

Back