Make my car wheelie.

TrialMountainCircuit_2.jpg

TrialMountainCircuit_1.jpg

That is not a WHEELIE that is you coming over the top of a crest with poor suspension settings. I will repeat you cannot do a wheelie in this game.I have a 1970 Chevelle SS 454 maxxed out to over 825 HP and have tried everything possible to get this to wheelie.Not happening in this game with any car.

An RR car (RUF BTR, CTR Yellowbird) will have a better shot at this than an FR, and a musclecar will actually be the most difficult to do this with.

Why? Weight balance. Most of the proper muscle cars have engines weighing 700+lbs positioned forward of the front axle and fairly little weight over the rear.

Rotary Junkie a muscle car will be the most difficult.Are you serious? What do you consider a muscle car?Let me fill you in on what is a muscle car.A muscle car is anything before 1972.After 1972 the US government and US auto makers reduced HP due to the oil embargo. True muscle cars have engine and front end weight reduction as well as great HP boosts due to superchargers and blowers. So in theory you are a little bit off.I do own a 1971 Chevelle and can do a wheelie no problem.Why because I have a fiberglass front end and have taken all of the unnecessary heavy engine components off (Cast Iron) and replaced them with aluminum and have changed my rear end and tires as well as gears.A true muscle car would do a wheelie way easier than any Ruff or yellow Bird.

Rotary Junkie a muscle car will be the most difficult.Are you serious? What do you consider a muscle car?Let me fill you in on what is a muscle car.A muscle car is anything before 1972.After 1972 the US government and US auto makers reduced HP due to the oil embargo. True muscle cars have engine and front end weight reduction as well as great HP boosts due to superchargers and blowers. So in theory you are a little bit off.I do own a 1971 Chevelle and can do a wheelie no problem.Why because I have a fiberglass front end and have taken all of the unnecessary heavy engine components off (Cast Iron) and replaced them with aluminum and have changed my rear end and tires as well as gears.A true muscle car would do a wheelie way easier than any Ruff or yellow Bird.

Not really, no.

For one, you've got proper drag slicks and a suspension setup meant for rearward weight transfer and slicks. We can't do that here.

Also of note, you don't need your fiberglass front end, aluminum bits on the engine, etc etc... You can actually make a 13 second car pull the wheels if you want to. That all helps, yes, but I'm willing to bet money your car still has a forward weight bias even so, simply because it's A. an old Chevelle, B. most likely runs a big-block.

The Porsches have the best shot at yanking the wheels because they've already got ~60% of their weight sitting on the rear axle and have fairly wide tires... Every car in the game still uses the factory tire widths and the stickiest tire compound is still a slick designed for handling cornering loads rather than traction (meaning the exact OPPOSITE of a drag tire). So have fun with that.

I think you may have misunderstood him, he was referring to actually achieving a wheelie in GT5 after all traditional options (FR muscle cars) have failed. Not once did he dispute what a muscle car was or that muscle cars in real life could not achieve a wheelie.. He is saying that since a FR car has a heavy engine in the front of the car, weight is more likely to prevent the car's front end from lifting up. Whereas a RR car would already have the weight located in the rear and would have a lighter front end, cars like the RUF can sometimes have severe issues with the front end of the car lifting off the track at high speed.

Sorry have to include this because I was just reminded of it lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP6gzpwmito

Not really, no.

For one, you've got proper drag slicks and a suspension setup meant for rearward weight transfer and slicks. We can't do that here.

Also of note, you don't need your fiberglass front end, aluminum bits on the engine, etc etc... You can actually make a 13 second car pull the wheels if you want to. That all helps, yes, but I'm willing to bet money your car still has a forward weight bias even so, simply because it's A. an old Chevelle, B. most likely runs a big-block.

The Porsches have the best shot at yanking the wheels because they've already got ~60% of their weight sitting on the rear axle and have fairly wide tires... Every car in the game still uses the factory tire widths and the stickiest tire compound is still a slick designed for handling cornering loads rather than traction (meaning the exact OPPOSITE of a drag tire). So have fun with that.

Sorry thought you were talking real and not the game.My apologizes. As for a 13 second car doing it,I have seen some pretty serious frame and rear end issues in real life with guys that thought they knew what they were doing plus some drive shafts lifting a car right off the ground or going through the underbody. Big block/small block they still have weight reduction on the motor/body that can shave off over 100/200 lbs and increase HP to weight ratio using nitrous and blowers so the weight thing is not an issue.Yes to the other poster I remember an Audi I think at LeMans flying into the forest and a Nascar doing 270 mph at Talledega getting airborn.

I will repeat again my comment, a VW Samba bus (Rear engine, Rear wheel drive) with all the mods (turbo 3 is the best option, even if the turbo 2 offers more HP), with the suspension all the way up (+135), Min Spring rate, and you can do standup start wheelie. All you have to do is launch while you are turning either direction, it just happens.

Why everyone tries to do it with a FR car, I have quite a lot of cars (over 200) and none have ever tried to do a wheelie, the VW samba wheelie was a mistake on my part for trying extreme tunes and the consequence on the drivebility.

I will repeat again my comment, a VW Samba bus (Rear engine, Rear wheel drive) with all the mods (turbo 3 is the best option, even if the turbo 2 offers more HP), with the suspension all the way up (+135), Min Spring rate, and you can do standup start wheelie. All you have to do is launch while you are turning either direction, it just happens.

Why everyone tries to do it with a FR car, I have quite a lot of cars (over 200) and none have ever tried to do a wheelie, the VW samba wheelie was a mistake on my part for trying extreme tunes and the consequence on the drivebility.

Thanks for the tip! Sounds like fun.

I'm going to try that.

That is not a WHEELIE that is you coming over the top of a crest with poor suspension settings. I will repeat you cannot do a wheelie in this game.I have a 1970 Chevelle SS 454 maxxed out to over 825 HP and have tried everything possible to get this to wheelie.Not happening in this game with any car.

Anyway I beg you to back up that derogatory statement by dragging me around a track..... :)

No car will power lift the front end on this game from a dead stop aka dig. The traction physics are not there to allow that.........also my pic must of ticked you off......it was meant for a joke. Being you talk like you got a Chevelle and do this drag racing, figured you would of known this before the pic so you would known the pic was a joke.

Besides that was just a dang ol Dodge, it couldn't pull a red wagon let alone the wheels off the ground. ;)

Last edited:
I'm sorry but picture does not prove its from a stand still. Looks more like you hit the wall at high speeding popped the front end up.

I've got no reason to lie. I was messing around doing donuts and burnouts in that hairpin on Cape Ring North. I pinned my front end against the wall and got some tire speed up to do a rolling burnout, came out of the corner at low speed and the front came up. Comfort tires and stock tuneup on the fully modded Elise 111R RM

Its Possible !!!
My tires on my chevelle were almost off the ground I believe I can get them all the way off with more tuning

That's pretty sweet movement and really spot on. Props GT5. Now please give use drag suspension and real drag slicks. Wheelie time.

I know how to get cars to wheelie of the line, look:

picture.php

No cones/track edge/anything, just wheelie

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Braking

Problems:
The setups are unique to the cars they do not work on any other cars.
As soon as you hit the rev limiter the front drops.
Not every car in the game can do it.
These cars handle really bad.
Even less cars can do online. (different physics)

Last edited:
I have done it in my Rs6 with 903bhp,with all the power sent to the rear wheels, i 'lofted' by hitting the bump on cape ring near the end and it does it everytime!

Somebody really likes to watch the Fast and (the) Furious silliness.

No joke, lol. you have the proper horsepower and torque, you can bring the front end up. If GT was anything like forza you'd be able to wheelie. Cause i have my 69' Camaro Geared identical to my forza Camaro and my forza camaro Wheelies like a beast.

No joke, lol. you have the proper horsepower and torque, you can bring the front end up. If GT was anything like forza you'd be able to wheelie. Cause i have my 69' Camaro Geared identical to my forza Camaro and my forza camaro Wheelies like a beast.

You'd only wheelie if your tires could grab. I haven't seen a car with the power to wheelie actually grab traction on launch, which isn't that surprising since there's no drag slicks in the game.

You'd only wheelie if your tires could grab. I haven't seen a car with the power to wheelie actually grab traction on launch, which isn't that surprising since there's no drag slicks in the game.

I've noticed wheelies are much easier with Race Softs piled on top of generous helpings of rear camber... Race Soft and camber 8.0-10.0 rear is the key... also put stupid amounts of camber on front to match and you can roll on two wheels sideways and other stupid car tricks.

FULL_THROTTLE
I take it your refering to my post as its directly above,

I can't record however i do have replays and can share the cars with you if you think that my post is fake or something.

Both of those cars were using racing soft tyres, except the mustang with has comfort hards on the front.

I was really asking for videos. While doing so trying add a bit internet humor.

Latest Posts

Back