Make my car wheelie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jArqhYnN7to

All time classic power wheelie FTW

I seen 12 second cars lift the tire, seen 10 seconds go on the bumper. But takes HP to carry the tires past the 330 let alone the 1/8th,

Wanna see awesome search YouTube for KOTS aka King of the Streets as well Oklahoma Cash Days.

First is street racers at the track, no prep street style racing 10g to win

Ok Cash Days is full blown street racing event. SICK

Plymouth Cuda 440 Six Pack '71

All Mods + Racing:Soft Tires

Ballast:
60kg / +50

Transmission:
1.: 4.393
2.: 2.800
3.: 1.707
4.: 1.346
5.: 1.054
Final: 2.500

LSD:
60/60/60

Suspension:
Ride Height: -30/+50
Spring Rate: 2.1 / 2.0
Rebound: 1/1
Bump: 1/1
Anti-Roll: 1/1
Camber: 0/0
Toe: 0.00/1.00

Game Settings:
All Aids Off, except Skid Recovery On

I'm using the metric system. So im always refering to kW, Nm, Km/h, kg, etc...

Fully modded and setup the specs for my Cuda are:
1342 kg
616 kW @5400
1226 Nm @3400

I think the key for the wheelie is the really high torque at those low rpm's and the ridicilous high amount of toe in the rear which seems to improve grip und acceleration quite a bit. Also the gearing has to be spot on to keep the wheels from spinning too much. A little bit of slip is what we want under full power. The tyres shouldn't get red when accelerating, as this is the point the grip falls off.

To make a wheelie with the above set there are two ways to do it.
1. Standing Start:
At a full stop apply the handbrake. Apply Full Throttle. Let the handbrake go. As soon as you hit 30 km/h shift to second gear. Foot stays down all the time. Timing is crucial here. But its easy with a little bit of practice.

2. Rolling start:
Roll down a straight in second gear at 30 km/h. Apply full throttle as fast as you can. Watch your front raise :)

All my testing has been done offline at the Top Gear Test Track.

Let me know if you have success with this and if you are able to replicate this with a different car!

Last edited:
Thank you and will try this tomorrow. I know my two boys will be trying as well. Excited to see their reactions.

Usually I just browse around on these forums, but I had to create an account to share this. I can't get it to do a wheelie on launch yet, too much wheelspin (I hope). I have to roll the car in first gear then tap the brakes to shift the weight forward and then gun it. I'm hoping to sort out the gear ratios to reduce wheelspin on launch, but with 983HP wheelspin is inevitable.

Mercedes-Benz SL 65 AMG '04
983HP/6400rpm
976ft-lb/4900rpm (High torque at low rpm. I think this is paired with force skid recovery is the key)
1603 kg
Edit: Not sure why the embed didn't work properly so here is the link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuIbCo5JJCA

Last edited:
Usually I just browse around on these forums, but I had to create an account to share this. I can't get it to do a wheelie on launch yet, too much wheelspin (I hope). I have to roll the car in first gear then tap the brakes to shift the weight forward and then gun it. I'm hoping to sort out the gear ratios to reduce wheelspin on launch, but with 983HP wheelspin is inevitable.

Mercedes-Benz SL 65 AMG '04
983HP/6400rpm
976ft-lb/4900rpm (High torque at low rpm. I think this is paired with force skid recovery is the key)
1603 kg
http://www.youtube.com/embed/HuIbCo5JJCA?rel=0

That's awesome!

Would you mind sharing the full setup?
I would like to try this myself :)

All you need is very low rear spring rates, and a raised back end to cause alot of weight transfer.

Some cars just cant do it though.

The SL65 will have 1000 hp on the dot and 1054 lbft if you put the mid rpm turbo btw.

I have now modded my own SL65.

It will do wheelies but only with heavy weight transfer (brake then sudden throttle). Just like mikestra said.

I think the limiting factor with this car are the rear springs. It's not possible to adjust them low enough. (minimum is 3)

But the SL will pull massive wheelies the way mikestra descriped. Funny Car :)

The basic setup i used (I will credit Evening Star because it is basically his cuda setup)

Ballast
I used a 75kg ballast all the way to the back

LSD
Everything to max

Suspension
Drop the front end to the ground, Raise the back end all the way up
Use lowest spring rates possible
Dampers Bound/Rebound both 1/1
Anti-Roll Bars 1/1
Camber: 0.0/0.0
Toe: 0.0/1.0

Transmission
I first lower the Top Speed all the way, then adjust the Final to the minimum. Then I adjust gears 1-3 to the minimum. The rest of the gears I shortened, but not to minimum.
The Top Speed should end up being about 180-200mph

I was able to get the Shelby Cobra to wheelie also with these guidelines.

like someone earlier said about the torque being more important. I was thinking maybe if you put a low-RPM turbo on for more torque, that would help pull the front up. Then if the car has high enough HP you can carry it. Just a thought.

Bludragon
like someone earlier said about the torque being more important. I was thinking maybe if you put a low-RPM turbo on for more torque, that would help pull the front up. Then if the car has high enough HP you can carry it. Just a thought.

IIRC the stage 2 makes most TQ. It may move the rpm range up to much though.

Good idea to try though.

bobd55210
could you give me the settings you used ? im coming close but no where as high as yours are, thanks.

mikestra
The basic setup i used (I will credit Evening Star because it is basically his cuda setup)

Ballast
I used a 75kg ballast all the way to the back

LSD
Everything to max

Suspension
Drop the front end to the ground, Raise the back end all the way up
Use lowest spring rates possible
Dampers Bound/Rebound both 1/1
Anti-Roll Bars 1/1
Camber: 0.0/0.0
Toe: 0.0/1.0

Transmission
I first lower the Top Speed all the way, then adjust the Final to the minimum. Then I adjust gears 1-3 to the minimum. The rest of the gears I shortened, but not to minimum.
The Top Speed should end up being about 180-200mph

I was able to get the Shelby Cobra to wheelie also with these guidelines.

That's what I used

That's what I used

tried exactly this setup but wasn't able to do any kind of wheely...mmhhh,what am I doing wrong?...
did you power the car up to the max?

is the clue smooth brake and the full throttle?
which gear/speed?

please help sir...

THANKS

Car is built fully and full power.

I use cockpit view. In first gear get close to the 50 on right gauge. Steady it and crowd brake till you see needles at 20 and jump gas. Using this area of brake and jumping the gas it will come up.

Stay in it even if you think it won't come up. The TQ does amazing things.

As well I can't get the chrome line cobra to do it myself. But my reg premium one in chrome is easy.

I have also figured out how to slip the clutch in my G27 and get the front to cone up via a dead stop launch. Not epic wheelies just powers them up and it time to shift. But going from a dig and hanging hoops is sick!

Try and get video soon. G27 going bye bye. T500 sitting in the box. New cockpit to be built by Sunday.

I dont see how anybody could let themselves spend that much money on this crappy game.

It's what grown men with money do. Keeps me out of bars and jail. Wifey likes me at home too. I spend way more money on guns and ammo though.

Poppins
I dont see how anybody could let themselves spend that much money on this crappy game.

I don't recall asking for anyones approval.

Really why are you here? Go away if this game is not for you. There are thousands of other people here that do enjoy this game.

Please have some decency and don't disrespect a game that you and only a handful don't like. I am passionate about GT series, prob playing when you was an infant/child. I was a grown man when it came out, as well have plans to start PC sim racing this fall.

How's the hatoraide tasting? Seems it is bitter. Hahahahaha

Back