Manual Shift using DFGT

  • Thread starter Thread starter aragorn318
  • 22 comments
  • 3,257 views
Messages
67
Messages
aragorn318
I was just curious as to who uses manual shift using DFGT...I tried using it for the S-2 license and I was actually faster using automatic.
 
I use manual shift and love it, but can't stand the actual shifter so I just stick with the paddles. I've been using manual and Gran Turismo games as long as I can remember and can't imagine going back to automatic.
 
I use manual shift and love it, but can't stand the actual shifter so I just stick with the paddles. I've been using manual and Gran Turismo games as long as I can remember and can't imagine going back to automatic.

You have the G-27?
 
Yeah, maybe I'll experiment with it more but I'm just not seeing any better results with manual.
 
^ Practice is key, once you keep using it, you'll get better with it.
 
I use manual shift and love it, but can't stand the actual shifter so I just stick with the paddles. I've been using manual and Gran Turismo games as long as I can remember and can't imagine going back to automatic.

If you use the paddles for shifting, doesn't that get in the way of using the real-time adjustment dial?
 
If you use the paddles for shifting, doesn't that get in the way of using the real-time adjustment dial?

Never mind...I just found the paddles on the DFGT! :sly:
 
for manual shifting on the DFGT is use the sequential gear leader next to the steering wheel.
I can't imagine i'll ever be driving automaticaly:)
 
Never mind...I just found the paddles on the DFGT! :sly:

They are sneaky little buttons. I remembered when I found them I was like "HEY!". As far as the actual shift knob I like using it during rally races 👍
 
HumanDestroyah
They are sneaky little buttons. I remembered when I found them I was like "HEY!". As far as the actual shift knob I like using it during rally races 👍

For me the stick shift pulled is hand brake and forward is reverse. That feels like rally to me haha
 
I was just curious as to who uses manual shift using DFGT...I tried using it for the S-2 license and I was actually faster using automatic.

Flappy Paddles for the win!

The main difference for me is choosing when to shift and what gear to be in.
For example shifting while turning can upset the balance of your car especially with the suprise shifts with the auto, Also on very powerful cars sometimes I stay in a higher gear around some of the low speed turns so the rear doesnt break free.
 
Flappy Paddles for the win!

The main difference for me is choosing when to shift and what gear to be in.
For example shifting while turning can upset the balance of your car especially with the suprise shifts with the auto, Also on very powerful cars sometimes I stay in a higher gear around some of the low speed turns so the rear doesnt break free.

Coming out of big turns, drop down to 2nd gear? Also, shift up when I see flashing on the screen out of the corner of my eye?
 
I hate the little buttons on the DFGT, why couldn't they just add paddles? The stick shifter feels waay too tacky and too light, doesn't feel right at all.
 
I use the paddles on my DFGT and the shift leaver for reverse( forward ) and handbrake( back ) and it works so well , I takes a while to get quick when using the paddles
 
I use the flappy paddle buttons most of the time, but the stick is great when you have your wheel turned sharp and a hand is not in place to hit the buttons.
 
I seem to have more control using manual as opposed to Automatic.
I use the DFGT.
 
Can you drive faster with DFGT manual as opposed to automatic? It seems to me that GT5 optimized automatic to give you the top speed possible.
 
I use paddles if the car has paddles IRL, and use the stick if it doesn't have paddles IRL. The stick is the best substitute to the H shifter for us owners of the DFGT unfortunatly

Can you drive faster with DFGT manual as opposed to automatic? It seems to me that GT5 optimized automatic to give you the top speed possible.

It's not correct, because auto simply shift when you hit the rev limiter, and not all the cars have the same Power - Torque curve and the majority of cars hits the peak before or after the rev limiter, so manual is better because you can change gear exactly when the Power-Torque curve begins to drop down. Also, with manual you can downshift faster than automatic, resulting in an improved braking distance, also you can choose the proper gear for each turn, and last but not least, it's a lot more immersive and fun 👍
 
I hate the little buttons on the DFGT, why couldn't they just add paddles? The stick shifter feels waay too tacky and too light, doesn't feel right at all.

Somebody had posted somewhere here about modifying the buttons into real paddles.
 
For me the stick shift pulled is hand brake and forward is reverse. That feels like rally to me haha

For me it's the other way around.
I love it.
 
I have a DFGT and have used manual from day 1 for every car. But after I read this thread I thought I'd give auto a spin and the results were surprising. I found no difference in lap times in my GT500 car and perhaps even slightly faster in automatic because shifting was one less thing to concentrate on. I also did some practice for a Suzuki Cappucino race and found I was a half second slower because it was holding the revs too high for the little motor in the Suzuki. I did find the automatic was in the same gears I would have been in anyway in every corner in the GT500 car.
 
Ever since I saw Top Gear's Ferrari 430 Stradale test with the "flappy paddles", the shifters behind the wheel made lots of sense:tup:
Manual FTW!
 
Back