Manufacturers Team Championship SEASON 2! Race 6 Info Posted!

  • Thread starter Thread starter EivlEvo
  • 312 comments
  • 15,973 views
Signing up myself with Wolfpack (dawson) for Team UK!

User Name: Um, what I made this post with, PhreaK
PSN Name: PsychoPhreak
Team Choice: Team Top Gear UK
WolfpackS2K (dawson864 on PSN)

Any other pertinent info? We'll be drunk, watch out!
 
Jimbob -- you are not required to run the same car, but you are absolutely allowed to if it makes sense.

Think of it this way: you're signed to your manufacturer, and you have free reign to use any of that manufacturer's offerings to meet each week's requirements. You might find that for a particular week, there's only one car that possibly meets the requirements, so by definition, you and your teammate must use the same car.
 
This looks pretty fun and the event scheduling is pretty good for me.

I'm in!
 
Jimbob -- you are not required to run the same car, but you are absolutely allowed to if it makes sense.

Think of it this way: you're signed to your manufacturer, and you have free reign to use any of that manufacturer's offerings to meet each week's requirements. You might find that for a particular week, there's only one car that possibly meets the requirements, so by definition, you and your teammate must use the same car.

Jimbob... what funkmuffin said

Signing up myself with Wolfpack (dawson) for Team UK!

User Name: Um, what I made this post with, PhreaK
PSN Name: PsychoPhreak
Team Choice: Team Top Gear UK
WolfpackS2K (dawson864 on PSN)

Any other pertinent info? We'll be drunk, watch out!

Excellent! I'll ad you lot in a bit! Any questions... just let me know!
 
Looks like Taisan gets to race week one! I've been surprised by an unexpected trip to NYC next week, so I'm going to miss race one. I'm definitely going to make the rest of the races, so this is a one week thing.

So, Taisan -- can you drive for Ferrari/Fiat/Lancia this week?

Sure FunkMuffin

I'll get a Ferrari ready to go!

EivlEvo
Taisan... I agree, that it wouldn't be fair to run as solo. For now I'd just anticipate being the stig for the series.

If you'd like, you can even select the track, and PP level as well as regulations? That keeps me out of it as well and makes it "more fair"?

I have no problem helping out selecting tracks and PP levels, but leave it in your capable hands.
 
well guy unfortunately i still can not purchase cars and my main account won't load so i have to resign from your series due to a lack of cars. good luck with your season
 
You should get someone to record the race and be able to post it to YouTube so they can link it up on this thread like last season, I would love to see how these races go, It sucks I can't take part in this seasons racing
 
well guy unfortunately i still can not purchase cars and my main account won't load so i have to resign from your series due to a lack of cars. good luck with your season

How can you not purchase cars? I mean... if you have to resign, you have to resign... I'm just curious as to how PD is hosing you?

You should get someone to record the race and be able to post it to YouTube so they can link it up on this thread like last season, I would love to see how these races go, It sucks I can't take part in this seasons racing

't would be sweet. If anyone is interested... get on that!
 
2 questions 1) Is your PSN Evilevo? 2) How many laps will the first race be?

Thanks.
 
2 questions 1) Is your PSN Evilevo? 2) How many laps will the first race be?

Thanks.

1. No. It's EivlEvo (note the mis-spelling (a tribute to the Evo IV)).
2. Laps never get revealed until the day of the race. In most cases, when the lobby opens. This is because testing needs to be done to determine the lap times, and then figure that into the time frame.

I have a bunch of info that will get posted from my season 1 thread (the link is in the 4th post if you want to track it down).

In short...

1. Lobby will open 1/2 hour before the race. Don't message me on PSN asking if it's open. If I'm in there, it's open. If I'm not... don't join, practice on your own.

2. Try to be in the lobby 15 minutes prior to the race. Get some practice laps in etc. We run a very structured, yet informal event. Some of the guys from last season can probably give you a better idea of that.

3. The race can't be won in the first corner. But it can be lost.

4. The race can't be won in the second corner either... but it can be lost.

5. Races will be roughly 45 minutes start to finish. So you can estimate based on that.

6. We ran damage on full last season, and it was crippling. We'll leave it on partial for now... but don't EXPECT every race to be like this.

I welcome any other questions that anyone may have. :)
 
How can you not purchase cars? I mean... if you have to resign, you have to resign... I'm just curious as to how PD is hosing you?

i have this problem with this game since i bought it it will freeze when trying to purchase cars at any of the dealers. i have had to change accounts twice now because the game won't load on my main account
 
How can you not purchase cars? I mean... if you have to resign, you have to resign... I'm just curious as to how PD is hosing you?

i have this problem with this game since i bought it it will freeze when trying to purchase cars at any of the dealers. i have had to change accounts twice now because the game won't load on my main account

I've heard of that happening to a rare few previously actually... I would say backup all of your data and try a reformat or fresh install or something? But I'm no expert.

If you'd like a car for the event, I can happily oblige and just send you one if it gets you into the race?

Just PM me and let me know.
 
Anybody running sub 2 minutes yet?
 
Is everyone going along smoothly? Are there questions? Comments? Concerns?
 
if i can still join this is my info


Username: steleb
PSN: rifleguy20
mitsubishi
​
 
Last edited:
Steleb!

We'd love to have you m8! But you'll need to find a teammate as we're all even right now!

If you can sort out a teammate, then you're welcome to join. I know that Taisan had setup for team VW/Bugatti/Ruf, but no one joined him, so he became our "stig" (rolling substitute) and for this week will be subbing in for Ferrari/Fiat/Lancia. If you can't sort out a teammate, you might try pestering him to get in on next weeks race?

Anyway, just let me know here what you'd like to do? But we'd love to have you m8!
 
I'm gonna practice tonight, will report back with some times.

Right.

Offline, we've been running just over 2 minutes. In the 201 to 205 range depending on setup.

I just like to have a few more people running laps to see what to set the lap amount to.
 
Less than 24 hours until race time!

1. Have you sent me a FR? Have I accepted?
2. Is your car legal?
3. Do you have questions?

Can't wait to see what everyone is going to bring to the track! Toyota is looking like we'll be bringing 2 different cars! Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
 
Mine looks like this, but its red. :)
thumbnail.php
 
Team UK did 20 laps or so of practice last night. Our cars are down on horsepower but we were pulling consistent 2:05s over and over.
 
Less than 24 hours until race time!

1. Have you sent me a FR? Have I accepted?
2. Is your car legal?
3. Do you have questions?

Can't wait to see what everyone is going to bring to the track! Toyota is looking like we'll be bringing 2 different cars! Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

I will send you a FR as soon as I get home tonight, about 7:00 EST, I know I left it late, been really busy.

Looking forward to it.
 
Team UK did 20 laps or so of practice last night. Our cars are down on horsepower but we were pulling consistent 2:05s over and over.

That sounds like it will be very competitive for an online time. Hopefully your cars will be able to start lol.

I will send you a FR as soon as I get home tonight, about 7:00 EST, I know I left it late, been really busy.

Looking forward to it.

Sounds great... I won't be on until just before the lobby opens around 9:30. So don't get nervous if I haven't accepted it right away. If you don't see anything by 9:55, then I'd say post up in here.

I'll be monitoring the thread during the half hour practice.

For those inquiring, the lobby will open at 9:30 (hopefully). Try not to send me any messages asking if the lobby is open yet, because then I have to go through and read/clear all of them and it just wastes my time. The lobby will be up when it's up. If it isn't up by 9:50, then I imagine that something has come up, so just check here for updates.

I also typically race with a headset, but I've been a bit sick lately, so I may just ditch that for this week so everyone doesn't hear tons of coughing.

Questions, just ask. :)
 
Have we decided on how many laps yet?
 
I think he'll announce that shortly before the race. Otherwise it gives an unfair advantage to people that aren't at work right now, lol! (like me)
 
I think he'll announce that shortly before the race. Otherwise it gives an unfair advantage to people that aren't at work right now, lol! (like me)

And me! lol...

Typically you won't get to see how many laps until I set it up in the practice room. :scared:

Interestingly enough, my car with the most favorable power to weight ratio isn't actually the fastest. I think this track is great because it has a fantastically long straightaway AND some twisties!
 
Team UK did 20 laps or so of practice last night. Our cars are down on horsepower but we were pulling consistent 2:05s over and over.

Team "Fs for Italia" has been practicing on sports mediums and grabbing, at best, two minutes, six and a half seconds per hot lap. (2'06.6xx) Still sorting out team strategy though. So exciting!
 
Good Luck All! This should be a lot of fun. :)
 
Just under 3 hours until race time! Posting this at 7:10 Eastern Time 4:10 Pacific!
 
I'm going to be opening the lobby in a hot minute. If you see me in there, just join up. If you don't see me... then just hang on for a hot minute.
 
Back