Manufacturers Team Championship SEASON 2! Race 6 Info Posted!

  • Thread starter Thread starter EivlEvo
  • 312 comments
  • 15,973 views
Awesome race everyone! The cars were very closely matched and racing was close and clean. See you again same time next week!
 
Awesome race everyone! The cars were very closely matched and racing was close and clean. See you again same time next week!

I concur^.

Great racing all and great hosting Eivl.
 
I concur^.

Great racing all and great hosting Eivl.

Great fun guys and K1lldoz3r what would you know about clean racing when you never saw anyone else after 2 laps LOL.

Great Job partner, good choice of car as well. 👍
 
Agreed! Absolutely one of the funnest races I've ever had, and a great time all around. For those interested, here's a few quick shots I took b4 going to bed last night!
Tokyo 12/13/2011 Shots
 
Excellent pics Phreak.
 
There's that yellow Stratos, boy that guy was a hack! ;)
 
What's happenin Eivl, do we have race 2 yet?

I need all the practice I can get. We may have another team but it would be nice to post up the specs.
 
The race 2 info will be posted tonight along with...

The standings, and I'll send out the 1000 tickets to the winning team (Nissan).

I had planned on doing it last night, but forgot that I had a Christmas party.
 
I hate to do this because I love prizes but I calculate that Team United Kingdom has 1 more point.

2nd & 3rd.
 
I'm double checking with lance to see how we did it last season, but I'm pretty sure that the prize goes to the team who finishes in first place for the race, not the points leader. The points leader (team) will receive a leveled ticket for winning the season though.

Also... Race 2 information is posted. I'll have the points totaled when I get home in a bit.

Any questions... just ask! :)

Edit: Yes. Whoever crosses the finish line first (individual standings) his team wins the 1000 tickets. The team that wins the points category at the end of the season, will win the leveled tickets. 👍
 
Last edited:
Alright. Standings are posted, and tickets should be in Team Nissan's Inbox!

Race #2 info has been updated!

Questions... just ask. :)
 
Hey fellas,

A few of the guys involved in this let us know about it on our forum and we'd like to join if it's not too late.



User Name: The Wizard
PSN Name: GTP_Wizard
Team Choice: Chevy/Cadillac/Buick/Pontiac

My Teammate is:

User Name: ti3ovm
PSN Name: DesertSniper72
Team Choice: Same

Looking forward to racing with everyone! :)
 
Hey fellas,

A few of the guys involved in this let us know about it on our forum and we'd like to join if it's not too late.



User Name: The Wizard
PSN Name: GTP_Wizard
Team Choice: Chevy/Cadillac/Buick/Pontiac

My Teammate is:

User Name: ti3ovm
PSN Name: DesertSniper72
Team Choice: Same

Looking forward to racing with everyone! :)

Excellent! I'll put you lads in right now! Be sure to send me a FR (EivlEvo) note the misspelling.

Any questions, just ask!
 
Race 2 entrants update:

I am sad to say I will not be able to make Week 2's event at Grand Valley. I will be out of town. I have offered the spot to my roommate, who could easily and adeptly drive with the GTP_Sparkaloo account, but he said he has another commitment that evening. Anyone hoping to sub, please feel welcome! Of course, this team spot may be extra titillating this week given the possibilities our manufacturer cluster can offer: The DELTA S4 Rally Car and a whole bunch of Ferraris with only the slightest tuning needed to be ultimately drivable and competitive.
 
A few items gleaned from mistakes in Week 1

1. Practice exactly the way you plan to tackle the race: If it's a long race with tire wear, then practice long stints with tire wear on. Also, if you practice using the DS3, then don't switch to the G27 wheel for raceday!

2. Choosing the car of those available to the team that can get the fastest single lap time may not be the best option - for either of the two teammates. For example, the Fiat Coupe Turbo Plus or even the Fiat Punto HGT Abarth may have been better selections for consistent and still competitive driving in week 1's race at Tokyo R246 Reverse.

I can only hope that I'll bring a little of this wisdom into the successive races in the season and not succumb to the lures of another STRATOS... Did anyone see my replay? I did something like eight spin-outs. Ouch. Even with light damage I was a good lap and a half, two laps back on the leader at finish.
 
A few items gleaned from mistakes in Week 1

1. Practice exactly the way you plan to tackle the race: If it's a long race with tire wear, then practice long stints with tire wear on. Also, if you practice using the DS3, then don't switch to the G27 wheel for raceday!

2. Choosing the car of those available to the team that can get the fastest single lap time may not be the best option - for either of the two teammates. For example, the Fiat Coupe Turbo Plus or even the Fiat Punto HGT Abarth may have been better selections for consistent and still competitive driving in week 1's race at Tokyo R246 Reverse.

I can only hope that I'll bring a little of this wisdom into the successive races in the season and not succumb to the lures of another STRATOS... Did anyone see my replay? I did something like eight spin-outs. Ouch. Even with light damage I was a good lap and a half, two laps back on the leader at finish.

LOL Goly... it reminded me of when I chose the Ford RS200 last season and whilst it put down INSANELY quick laps... I couldn't string them together. Thats fine... lesson learned.

But then I used it in another race. Same deal. I'm a moron.

I'm sure we can get Taisan to sub again. He's our series "stig".

I'll message him now.
 
Honda has officially dropped from the series. I'm trying to see if I can get someone to join the Audi/Lambo gang.
 
Anybody run any practice laps yet? If so, what kind of times are you seeing?
 
I ran some very quick laps (as in had a few minutes to run them, not sit down and actually practice). So without any tuning I think my best is about a 1:59.

Anyone else?
 
LOL Goly... it reminded me of when I chose the Ford RS200 last season and whilst it put down INSANELY quick laps... I couldn't string them together. Thats fine... lesson learned.

But then I used it in another race. Same deal. I'm a moron.

I'm sure we can get Taisan to sub again. He's our series "stig".

I'll message him now.

Got the messages, I'll be in Ferrari's corner for this upcoming race...
 
Got the messages, I'll be in Ferrari's corner for this upcoming race...

Sounds good.

I've been into the 1:58's now. Anyone else running good times?
 
Are you guys running practice online or offline? Just curious.

So far I've only tested 2 cars and the best lap I have is a low 2:01 (online)
 
Offline in practice mode... so I'd wager we're in the same ballpark.
 
Tested a few more cars today and finally got a 1:59 online.

Tire wear could be an issue for me though. Might have to make 2 stops.

Looking forward to Tuesday. :)
 
We kept the tires as sports specifically to encourage pitting. Sounds like most people this season are playing these races close to the chest (last season, there was a lot more discussion (not giving away strategy, just discussion) about varying circumstances.

It'll be interesting to see how this race pans out though. I think car selection, and outfitting is going to be the biggest factor (aero, ballast, tires etc.).

In all honesty, I more often than not, don't notice the difference in physics between online, and offline. For whatever reason though... this race's setup is causing me to notice it.
 
I generally try to do all my practice and tuning online as the cars always seem (to me at least) to be looser online than in practice mode (also in practice mode you have to exit to change cars which is a huge PITA to me).

I'll be running a mid engine set up so, I've been tuning my cars for stability and some inherent understeer to offset the reduced grip that will come with tire wear.

My best times online with the car I picked for the event are low 1:58s.
 
I've only done offline practice so far and seen 1'58's and 1'59's. I'm looking to make at least one pit stop. I hope team UK needs one. :)

I'm planning on some practice tonight. I don't have everyone in this series as friend so perhaps EvilEvo's lounge would do. Free beer right? :)
 
i've only done offline practice so far and seen 1'58's and 1'59's. I'm looking to make at least one pit stop. I hope team uk needs one. :)

hehehehe
 
I've only done offline practice so far and seen 1'58's and 1'59's. I'm looking to make at least one pit stop. I hope team UK needs one. :)

I'm planning on some practice tonight. I don't have everyone in this series as friend so perhaps EvilEvo's lounge would do. Free beer right? :)

Feel free to use my lounge squad... but be advised, there is planned maintenance for the PSN tonight from 10-11pm Eastern. (In about 2 hours).
 
Tested a few more cars yesterday and finally got a 1:56 online.

Tire wear isn't as much of an issue now. Hopefully one stop will do the trick.

Looking forward to tonight. :)

Fixed.
 
Back