Kaz Announcements Coming (Supposedly Today 1/25)

• Thread starter pakiman740
  • 107 comments
United States
Massachusetts
pakiman740
I have been hearing about him putting out some announcements, but haven't heard anything yet. So my reason for making this thread is see if anybody heard anything, and also this is a place to put thoughts.

It happened about 10 hours ago as far as I'm aware, nothing yet.

There's another "talk" tomorrow though, so maybe we'll see something after that is finished.

It happened about 10 hours ago as far as I'm aware, nothing yet.

There's another "talk" tomorrow though, so maybe we'll see something after that is finished.
Thats good at least i know I'm not crazy, but i was really hoping for something to come out.

Edit: if you 'like' this post then click like here. All I did was quote Yui-san and I feel like I'm stealing his likes.

Taken from a post by @Yui-san in another thread:

I am rather shocked to see that there are almost no reports from the Taiwanese media on the GT6 event today at TpGS, considering the fact that Gran Turismo is a rather popular franchise in Taiwan (I still remember lining up with hundreds (nearly a thousand) of fans at the GT5 launch event in Taipei just to get the collector's edition). In fact, most links I see posted here are from People's Republic of China's media (hence the simplified Chinese)...so it's rather strange. It's most unfortunate that I am not living in Taiwan at the moment, or else I could've reported everything from the show...However, I did manage to find a few articles regarding Kaz's presentation, and after here is everything you need to know, in English (note that I've excluded information that we already know about):
  • Kaz promises to introduce 35 new vehicles through the Vision GT project
  • 5 M-B Vision Gran Turismos (-moes?) will be reproduced in real life, with them being based on the 2014 SLS AMG GT (Kaz says he is very "touched" by this).
  • Kaz says that he insists on the "One person, one car" policy, in which every single car (premium, I suppose) must be modeled by one person only, from top to bottom, so that each staff member can reflect the qualities of Shokunins (職人), which is closely defined as "Craftsman" or "artisan" in English (Now we know why they can't make every standard into premiums...they should just hire more people, I think).
  • Kaz says a new 27Km track (most likely around Zahara and its lake, near Ronda, Spain) will be coming to GT6 soon as part of a new DLC (which will be launched sometime in February), along with two RB X2014 models:the RB X2014 Standard, and RB X2014 Fan Car. He later showed that same video we saw the other day on the live stream.
  • When asked about future developments, Kaz said that while development for GT7 was already underway, PD is still putting their main focus on constantly updating GT6 with new content.
  • A future announcement will be coming soon, though it's not made clear whether this is referring to GT7 or the new track that was mentioned earlier.
Also, at the end of the presentation, Kaz answered three fan questions (which were VERY inane):

1.) "Can we add nitrous to our cars in GT6?" Kaz: That feature is included in the game; simply visit the tuning shop.

2.) "When will GT7 be released? Will it be on the PS4" Kaz: Please be patient and do look forward to it.

3.) "How many cars in Gran Turismo do you own in real life?" Kaz: Five.

Additionally, U-car, an automotive website from Taiwan, said in an earlier report today that they would soon get an "exclusive" interview with Kaz at TpGS, claiming that they would "bring exciting news" from the interview. Who knows, maybe we'll be getting more out of TpGS later this weekend.

Sources (Taiwanese media): gamerhotline.tw udn.tw

Last edited:
Taken from a post by @Yui-san in another thread:

I am rather shocked to see that there are almost no reports from the Taiwanese media on the GT6 event today at TpGS, considering the fact that Gran Turismo is a rather popular franchise in Taiwan (I still remember lining up with hundreds (nearly a thousand) of fans at the GT5 launch event in Taipei just to get the collector's edition). In fact, most links I see posted here are from People's Republic of China's media (hence the simplified Chinese)...so it's rather strange. It's most unfortunate that I am not living in Taiwan at the moment, or else I could've reported everything from the show...However, I did manage to find a few articles regarding Kaz's presentation, and after here is everything you need to know, in English (note that I've excluded information that we already know about):
  • Kaz promises to introduce 35 new vehicles through the Vision GT project
  • 5 M-B Vision Gran Turismos (-moes?) will be reproduced in real life, with them being based on the 2014 SLS AMG GT (Kaz says he is very "touched" by this).
  • Kaz says that he insists on the "One person, one car" policy, in which every single car (premium, I suppose) must be modeled by one person only, from top to bottom, so that each staff member can reflect the qualities of Shokunins (職人), which is closely defined as "Craftsman" or "artisan" in English (Now we know why they can't make every standard into premiums...they should just hire more people, I think).
  • Kaz says a new 27Km track (most likely around Zahara and its lake, near Ronda, Spain) will be coming to GT6 soon as part of a new DLC (which will be launched sometime in February), along with two RB X2014 models:the RB X2014 Standard, and RB X2014 Fan Car. He later showed that same video we saw the other day on the live stream.
  • When asked about future developments, Kaz said that while development for GT7 was already underway, PD is still putting their main focus on constantly updating GT6 with new content.
  • A future announcement will be coming soon, though it's not made clear whether this is referring to GT7 or the new track that was mentioned earlier.
Also, at the end of the presentation, Kaz answered three fan questions (which were VERY inane):

1.) "Can we add nitrous to our cars in GT6?" Kaz: That feature is included in the game; simply visit the tuning shop.

2.) "When will GT7 be released? Will it be on the PS4" Kaz: Please be patient and do look forward to it.

3.) "How many cars in Gran Turismo do you own in real life?" Kaz: Five.

Additionally, U-car, an automotive website from Taiwan, said in an earlier report today that they would soon get an "exclusive" interview with Kaz at TpGS, claiming that they would "bring exciting news" from the interview. Who knows, maybe we'll be getting more out of TpGS later this weekend.

Sources (Taiwanese media): gamerhotline.tw udn.tw

THANK YOU

How so?, i am from pakistan.

I think he made that comment because if you refer to someone from Pakistan in the UK (I cannot say the position for other countries including the US because I do not know the answer) using that term, it is often associated with being a racist term, derogatory to people from Pakistan. As someone from Pakistan, it might not have the some connotation to you when you use the term, but on a public forum some people might very easily misunderstand this, especially as you have Timothy Dalton as your avatar and Massachusetts as your home which does not give any clue to your country of birth.

Anyway, this is a GT6 forum, so I'll go back on topic and say that I have two theories about the Taipei event:
1) Since Kaz has another talk tomorrow it may be that any "interesting" comments are being held back for that (though I doubt it); and
2) There might be new trailers and content due to come out relating to the event, but it's the weekend and it won't be released until everyone is back at work on Monday

PS Timothy Dalton is a very underrated Bond in my opinion, wish he had the chance to do more.

I think he made that comment because if you refer to someone from Pakistan in the UK (I cannot say the position for other countries including the US because I do not know the answer) using that term, it is often associated with being a racist term, derogatory to people from Pakistan. As someone from Pakistan, it might not have the some connotation to you when you use the term, but on a public forum some people might very easily misunderstand this, especially as you have Timothy Dalton as your avatar and Massachusetts as your home which does not give any clue to your country of birth.

Anyway, this is a GT6 forum, so I'll go back on topic and say that I have two theories about the Taipei event:
1) Since Kaz has another talk tomorrow it may be that any "interesting" comments are being held back for that (though I doubt it); and
2) There might be new trailers and content due to come out relating to the event, but it's the weekend and it won't be released until everyone is back at work on Monday

PS Timothy Dalton is a very underrated Bond in my opinion, wish he had the chance to do more.
I understand and some people have told me this before, its just I have been using it for close to a decade now. But I do get it.

I liked him a lot but but I feel like he didn't want to it anymore, combined with the fact brosnan was after him. His time was limited, great acting though.

However, I did manage to find a few articles regarding Kaz's presentation, and after here is everything you need to know, in English (note that I've excluded information that we already know about)

(Yes I know you're quoting someone else.)
Almost everything you quoted we already knew about a day or two ago, before the presentation from last night.
Only thing new is the 35 VGT cars.(which itself might not be correct)

We knew about the red bulls(though it seems they have now slipped from january til february.
We knew about the new track coming in february.
we knew about the 5 real world MB VGT cars.

The "one person, one car" scheme is laughable, in my opinion but I doubt it surprised too many of us.

So, more of those stupid Vision things, More X things.....heh. To me that's not that exciting as I'd rather they add real cars. Hell Kaz, add another GTR even, as in the LHD one we get here. Anything but those weird Xthngos (That Vettel guy, he's some F1 guy or something?) and concept stuff. The track is good news though. Hopefully he'll add some other real content also. Still, I love GT6.

Now it's all clear why there are such quality difference between various Premium cars...you get very nice and detail interior in one car and then completely low-resolution, poor detail one in another car....

He should forget those ancient emotions and start looking into the quality of the whole game

...The "one person, one car" scheme is laughable, in my opinion but I doubt it surprised too many of us.
Well, it gave actual confirmation as to why, rather than all the shades of speculation that has been going on on this site up until now :)

...Also Ronda is in fact in Spain.
I must have missed where someone said it wasn't...;)

Last edited:
How so?, i am from pakistan.

Ahh, OK.

This.

(Yes I know you're quoting someone else.)
Almost everything you quoted we already knew about a day or two ago, before the presentation from last night.
Only thing new is the 35 VGT cars.(which itself might not be correct)

We knew about the red bulls(though it seems they have now slipped from january til february.
We knew about the new track coming in february.
we knew about the 5 real world MB VGT cars.

The "one person, one car" scheme is laughable, in my opinion but I doubt it surprised too many of us.

I never said there was anything new. I just thought it would be nice for an actual Taiwanese who can properly read Chinese to translate the articles that had previously been translated with Google Translator.

To me, this is a stupid policy that relies on too much perfectionism and consumes too much development time.

If it's true that this policy was applied since "GT5: Prologue," then that can explain for the long development times and quality issues that both affected GT5 and are currently affecting GT6. In one interview I think PD stated that it took six months to make each premium car for GT5. PD then probably had little to no additional time for game-testing and bug fixes before release - and are probably still being forced by Kaz to spend more time on perfecting new premium DLC cars. As it stands, GT6's premium cars are so overly detailed that they use up more processing power than the PS3 can handle, hence the frame rate issues.

An "artisan" philosophy of car-modeling means nothing to GT6 players when there are still many significant bugs and glitches that need to be fixed first.

To me, this is a stupid policy that relies on too much perfectionism and consumes too much development time.

If it's true that this policy was applied since "GT5: Prologue," then that can explain for the long development times and quality issues that both affected GT5 and are currently affecting GT6. In one interview I think PD stated that it took six months to make each premium car for GT5. PD then probably had little to no additional time for game-testing and bug fixes before release - and are probably still being forced by Kaz to spend more time on perfecting new premium DLC cars. As it stands, GT6's premium cars are so overly detailed that they use up more processing power than the PS3 can handle, hence the frame rate issues.

An "artisan" philosophy of car-modeling means nothing to GT6 players when there are still many significant bugs and glitches that need to be fixed first.

Having overly detailed car models is a good thing. They won't have to completely remodel them for next-gen Gran Turismos, and it will save them a lot of work going into GT7. As it stands right now they can just port over the 400+ GT6 premiums into GT7 and it would be considered next-gen.

And the car models aren't the big factor in what's causing framerate dips. They actually model the cars to super high-poly and detail, and then change the LOD to lower-poly to fit the PS3 specs. What's actually causing the most framerate dips is the dynamic lighting system which is certainly very exhaustive on the CPU, in addition to the dynamic weather effects and particles system. In the Digital Foundry analysis you can even see a video where the framerate is almost consistently 60fps on tracks that don't have dynamic lighting and weather.

And I also doubt the car modelers do anything else besides modeling cars. We're not even sure if they have the knowledge to code bug fixes, so it's a stretch to say otherwise.

What PD really needs is just more staff members. But I think Kaz is just picky in choosing who he wants on the team.

Kaz says that he insists on the "One person, one car" policy, in which every single car (premium, I suppose) must be modeled by one person only, from top to bottom, so that each staff member can reflect the qualities of Shokunins (職人), which is closely defined as "Craftsman" or "artisan" in English.

Haha, and there it is. I knew it.

So many people were saying it like they KNEW PD had 10-20 modellers doing each car and it was 6 months of MAN HOURS, not a REAL TIME duration. Time after time I asked for a quote and no one could provide it but people still insisted it were true.

Well there's the slap to the face to everyone who assumed they had any idea of what was really going on and passed it on like it were a fact. Shame on you.

If it's true that this policy was applied since "GT5: Prologue," then that can explain for the long development times and quality issues that both affected GT5 and are currently affecting GT6. In one interview I think PD stated that it took six months to make each premium car for GT5. PD then probably had little to no additional time for game-testing and bug fixes before release - and are probably still being forced by Kaz to spend more time on perfecting new premium DLC cars.
I don't get why some of you stumble over this so badly. ironman44321 said it pretty well:

I think what he's saying is that if you have 50 people dedicated to making cars, and it takes 6 man months to make a car than it doesn't matter if you have 50 cars being made by one person each or teams of 5 making 10 cars. You end up with the same number of cars over the same period of time either way.

1 person = 1 car every 6 months

5 person group = 5 cars every 6 months

50 people = 100 cars a year

10 groups of 5 = 100 cars a year
And they aren't going to dump everything they make for GT7 into GT6. It's just going to be a trickle, as it was with GT5, so GT7 will have most of the new content.

Kaz says a new 27Km track (most likely around Zahara and its lake, near Ronda, Spain) will be coming to GT6 soon as part of a new DLC (which will be launched sometime in February), along with two RB X2014 models:the RB X2014 Standard, and RB X2014 Fan Car. He later showed that same video we saw the other day on the live stream.

Wait. RB x2014 will come as DLC? He can shove it up his tight behind, if that's the case.

Kaz says a new 27Km track (most likely around Zahara and its lake, near Ronda, Spain) will be coming to GT6 soon as part of a new DLC (which will be launched sometime in February), along with two RB X2014 models:the RB X2014 Standard, and RB X2014 Fan Car. He later showed that same video we saw the other day on the live stream.

Wait. RB x2014 will come as DLC? He can shove it up his tight behind, if that's the case.
DLC doesn't always = $$

Sad thing is that the desired perfection in the objects (cars, tracks, racing suits) leads to a pretty unperfect gameplay.
Especially the options given to the player to customize his personal game experience is way below par. Car behavior is from spot on to i can't believe, ...and so on, and so on.

I returned to GT after a three year break but now it seems i'd rather spent the last three years wit GT 5 (which i found already a step back) than with the current "Product". :(

Back