Mapping "Zahara de la Sierra" (new GT6 track)

• Thread starter Amac500
  • 2,570 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably not today, not tomorrow...but I believe one day we'll see Piccolo Circuito delle Madonie (latest targa florio historical track) in a Gran Turismo title for sure. Cause it's like heaven (or hell) for drivers.

Siracusa photo scenery is located in Sicily, same place of Targa Florio. Maybe a clue?

Meanwhile, I really hope this spanish track will be longer than any my expectation.

Targa Florio huh?
::watched::
Consider me schooled and on-board!!!

However, the problem with those narrow tracks are that online it just becomes a wreck fest. If you don't get to qualify you get stuck behind a bunch of overly aggressive moving chicanes, and if you do get to qualify and get in front of them they will wreck you in the first couple turns.

That's why I usually am very selective about whom I allow in my lobbies. Choose friends and people who have learned your driving style and with which you are familiar with theirs. Making the race a minimal 5 - 10 laps should allow for more opportunities for all parties. At that point, it really comes down to the skilled and the patient because with so many corners and such a tight space... Someones bound to mess up somewhere.

That's why if we had the big roads of the A-2300 and A-374 at Zahara running into the narrow city streets it becomes the best of both worlds. Passing can happen on the big open roads and you still get the fun of winding through the city.

This would be epic... The whole "Targa Florio" thing, kinda reminds me of TDU2 in some ways. Serious potential with that game.

Last edited:
Well you might be looking at it wrong. The Ring is a big long track yes, but its fairly easy to code because all the surroundings are so simple, unlike a track like Tokyo. With Zahara there are mostly country roads, and we have already matched shots and turns from the video with real world street views, so they will be using at least primarily real roads.
For the layout maybe. They may even have driven that road and used GPS data to creatw the track, but I don't think it's recreated with accurate widths, textures, objects, signs, etc.

Stuff like that just doesn't seem as fun or extreme on wide open tracks... Also, "Those thight & Narrow courses aren't very suitable for racing." Ever raced on Cote D' Azur (Manaco), Nurburgring, and the Mount Panorama?

The narrow and complexities of these tracks are part of the allure that makes them so popular!
Those two are narrower than Cote d'Azur (which is not easy to overtake already) and I think you just cant compare to mount panorama, where it has about 1/3 of narrow part with walls, the rest is a wide open circuit with long straights and big overtaking chances. The Nordschleife, well, again I think its not comparable, even if the track itself is not wide, its still a long oper circuit, there are zones where you can overtake and zones were you can't.

But on the other hand they said "longest track in the game". You'll need a track longer than 30km to beat SSRX...
I suppose SSRX simply doesn't count... It's an imaginary giant oval for speed testing purposes mainly, hardly a proper race track

I'm both happy and disappointed @ this.

With the absence of tight & narrow courses such as Cita Di Aria and Costa Di Amalfi, I was under the impression this track would be the answer I, and so many were looking for.

Don't get me wrong, the course looks beautiful. But it seems to be made in typical, track style, Gran Turismo fashion. Silky smooth with banked corners and clear visibilty before each apex in wide open spaces.

The best road courses aren't always built that way. Call me crazy, but I'd much prefer the uneven worn out roads with tapered sides and lack of proper road side barriers then something made to be "picture perfect" (actually, the worn roads would make for better pictures!). And I'd much prefer tight, technical, and narrow roads, over wide open, soft and sweeping (or at least a healthy mix-up). And to be 100% honest (and I kindly request you don't direct me elsewhere), I think it would be cool if GT6 had races with traffic (slower moving vehicles that maintained legal road-going speeds in their respective lanes whilst other higher powered vehicles had to race amongst them. That to me would be amazing in a Gran Turismo game.

And Hairpins... Lots of tight hairpins with nice elevation changes.

I want that WRC style feel to my tracks but so far they did a great job and turning GT into Ridge Racer with all these "pretty" tracks.

It's maybe a bit off topic but I hope we get similar environment, roads to these depicted in the video clip....

Last edited:
I suppose SSRX simply doesn't count... It's an imaginary giant oval for speed testing purposes mainly, hardly a proper race track

I'm surprise PD hasn't included the Ehra-Lessien test track in any of the Gran Turismo games so far TBH, bearing in mind they have Volkswagen copyrights, it seems :crazy:

Bugatti-Veyron-Super-Sport-07-500x733.jpg

mclaren-f1-ehra-lessien-jpg.103140

Don't really like the look of the track.
-Far too wide
-Too many constant barriers like not real life
-Too smooth
-Barriers too far from track
-No road edge / gutter / ditch to catch in (just flat smooth grass)
-Too many over crest blind corners useless for racing
-Like cape ring
-Too much ridge racer

R.S
-Far too wide
-Too smooth
-Like cape ring
-Too much ridge racer
I'm with some of what you said, but I think you kind of contradicted yourself because you mention wanting road edges, gutters, stuff like that, which makes me think your wanting the street roads approach, but then you said too many blind corners and such. If its a street type road those corners come with the territory. The shot of the car going through the air in the video made me think Cape Ring too and I was disappointed when I saw it, but then I thought I might be okay with this if it is an old school Targa Florio type track, then it would be accurate. But yeah, I'll reserve judgment until its released.

I'm surprise PD hasn't included the Ehra-Lessien test track in any of the Gran Turismo games so far TBH, bearing in mind they have Volkswagen copyrights, it seems :crazy:

Bugatti-Veyron-Super-Sport-07-500x733.jpg

mclaren-f1-ehra-lessien-jpg.103140
Yeah lets model a huge oval so we can have another rarely used test track!

And Hairpins... Lots of tight hairpins with nice elevation changes.

I want that WRC style feel to my tracks but so far they did a great job and turning GT into Ridge Racer with all these "pretty" tracks.

Don't get me started on Rally in Gran Turismo and the need for Rally Cross styled tracks with mud, dirt, tarmac, gravel, puddles, snow and the whole 9 yards... Kaz should really take a look at DiRT2 and DiRT3 in this regard.

PD needs to get with the times and what it is their customers really want in their games, and not their own opinions on what we want and alter this strive for extreme realism. With every aspect they improve and make better, they completely drop the ball and miss the mark on others... GT "looks" good enough, but it's the so called "small things" that they just keep missing...

And at least, real :P

This...

I really hope this track will have some hairpins, and narrow roads. I'm quite getting bored of driving on 5km wide tracks with street cars.

Has anyone else noticed that many of the once high speed, more challenging corners have been made easier? For example, Tokyo Route 246, there was a kink right after the pits on the main straight leading up to the start finish line. It seems much easier and wide open now...

R.S

The track looks beautiful to me. Quite possibly the best looking track in GT6 and a step in the right direction in my opinion.

R.S
-Far too wide
Agreed.

R.S
The barriers do ruin the aesthetics of the track. As well as all the roadside track clutter from the signs and whatnot.

R.S
-Too smooth
Agreed

R.S
I prefer some runoff and breathing room actually. It would be worse if we were barriered in on wide open fields in my opinion. Narrow roads+runoff+offroad barriers a few meters out+acceptable compromise imo.

R.S
If it existed in real life then yeah, shame on PD, but I don't see this happening unless it was a Rally track.

R.S
You mean "Awesome" for racing right? Yeah, sure you do...

R.S
-Like cape ring
Cape Ring is unique, and thus fun to me... I don't understand the hate for this track, outside the usual GT styled lack of scenery fro GT5P and up.

R.S
-Too much ridge racer
You play Ridge Racer???

Last edited:
Better than the stupid one we already have me thinks... And at least, real :P

Well in my opinion SSRX is much better than your proposal.

The oval for speed tests are already quite boring and surround it with a homogeneous vegetation barrier on both sides along the entire route is a sure recipe for sleep.

SSRX can be as useless as Ehra-Lessien for races, but at least it's much nicer and also serves its purpose of pure speed test.

The oval for speed tests are already quite boring and surround it with a homogeneous vegetation barrier on both sides along the entire route is a sure recipe for sleep.

SSRX can be as useless as Ehra-Lessien for races, but at least it's much nicer and also serves its purpose of pure speed test.

The vegetation actually increases the sense of speed as it blurs by. The wide open spaces are what will put you to sleep, however leaving a highly vegetated/closed in/narrow space at high speed into a wide open space gives a different "floating" type of a feeling. Sometimes used in cinemas and things of that nature, best if placed at the top of an incline, hill, or tunnel. It's one of the best combination of the two. Ah, I'm getting ideas... PD should really hire me for the original course design team :).

^
Also to accurately recreate Ehra-Lessien would be a huge waste of time and resources for PD, for sure they are faster to simply create a giant oval like they did with SSRX, however not sure if some the off-track details were necessary.

::Warning:: - Image Heavy Post -

Getting back on track with the title of the thread (Atleast to some degree...), I found these pictures online and I now seriously realize why Kaz chose this place! It's beautiful! It had better have atleast THREE photo mode locations as well, because this place is amazing!

7004223058_cfa6516ab9_b.jpg

spain_may13_-116.jpg

7003976762_401d968b3b_b.jpg

setenil1.jpg

spain_may13_-100.jpg

spain_may13_-216.jpg

That road! (I see No rumble strips...)

P1020021.JPG

Wind-turbines.jpg

There actually ARE wind farm turbines!:P
Fields-of-sunflowers.jpg

Sunflower fields.
7004223794_020855e1c4_b.jpg

7003972246_50819196fd_b.jpg

Your opinion, which I obviously respect, even though I don't share :D

Stupid? It has some of the prettiest scenery in the game, much better than some stupid forest.

Never mentioned anything about scenery ;)
I just don't see the idea of having a track in the game so useless and only good for testing top speed and falling asleep. So if we had to have one, may as well be a real one. Only my humble opinion... not looking to start a war :lol:

Never mentioned anything about scenery ;)
I just don't see the idea of having a track in the game so useless and only good for testing top speed and falling asleep. So if we had to have one, may as well be a real one. Only my humble opinion... not looking to start a war :lol:
Why would you want the real one, it makes no sense. It's much worse, like said. SSRX is already rarely used and if you'd put it inside of a useless tree collection it would be used even less. PD shouldn't just put tracks in the game just because they exist if they can make a way better track themselves.

Why would you want the real one, it makes no sense. It's much worse, like said. SSRX is already rarely used and if you'd put it inside of a useless tree collection it would be used even less. PD shouldn't just put tracks in the game just because they exist if they can make a way better track themselves.

So I can run my Veyron :lol:

I'm with some of what you said, but I think you kind of contradicted yourself because you mention wanting road edges, gutters, stuff like that, which makes me think your wanting the street roads approach, but then you said too many blind corners and such. If its a street type road those corners come with the territory. The shot of the car going through the air in the video made me think Cape Ring too and I was disappointed when I saw it, but then I thought I might be okay with this if it is an old school Targa Florio type track, then it would be accurate. But yeah, I'll reserve judgment until its released.
Yeah I want the raw/ rough street feel but that does not mean they should choose a path that is infested with corners that go blind over crests (jumping corners), very few people like racing that kind of corner and it was the biggest downfall of GT5 track generator.
If we look at the Nurb' it has corners on hills and corners where you cannot see the apex until right on it but it does not have these silly jumping ramp crest swooping corners that you need to take at 50kmh to avoid taking off and hitting the barriers 5m up in the sky.

I think what many want is a 'touge' / 'tarmac rally' type track, I think many would hope this track would provide somehting like that but does not look like it. This is a GT scenery track.

R.S
I think what many want is a 'touge' / 'tarmac rally' type track, I think many would hope this track would provide somehting like that but does not look like it. This is a GT scenery track.

Well this won't be like Cape Ring or anything like that because this is more than a scenery track, this is a real world location using at least mostly real world roads. We'll have to see what happens with jumps, cause that one in the video kind of took me back for a second. Who knows though, maybe this just won't be a track for high pp cars, which is fine too. Even at Bathurst there is a certain limit where the cars start taking off on the run to turn 2. If there are a couple jumps I will use it for low pp and historics, as well as a tarmac rally stage.

R.S
Yeah I want the raw/ rough street feel but that does not mean they should choose a path that is infested with corners that go blind over crests (jumping corners)

Well, after rewatching the video, the one jump I did see seemed well placed to me. It was after a banked turn as he was entering a straight and under full acceleration, which implies to me that the other side of the crest was "safe" for this kind of jump.

For some authenticity, we could do the race with rally cars, and 4WD vehicles maybe? Seems like fun to me nonetheless, and if it is actually a course maker location, then getting the jumps out may now be an easier task than it once was on GT5. All we can do is wait and see at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back