Mapping "Zahara de la Sierra" (new GT6 track)

• Thread starter Amac500
  • 2,570 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
There appears to be a bridge in the video that doesn't exist in real life. could it be that the cut across the lake at some point?

There are 0 Wind Turbines in Zahara de la Sierra.

The nearest Wind Turbine are in Casares, another "pueblo blanco", 100km from Zahara and 50km from Ronda.

04%2Bcasares.jpg

OP, why did you start with the word "So"? Confused the hell out of me, couldn't find the previous post! :)

Nice work so far though, I'll look forward to the community putting together some real world shots of the location. I only just found the Seattle thread elsewhere (can't remember what I was looking for) and lost half n hour in it :D

There appears to be a bridge in the video that doesn't exist in real life. could it be that the cut across the lake at some point?
Thats so right. From 1:00 to 1:04 a bridge appears on the video.
We should investigate what's on the background, the mountains, this way we will probably be able to see where PD created the imaginary bridge.

I still think it's a circuit created with the new course maker so do not make much sense to look at the actual roads.

GTP: Will players have more control over the tracks they can create in GT6, compared to GT5?

“Yes. In regards to the course maker, it is cutting it really close as to whether or not it will make it in time for day one or not for GT6. It’s definitely going to be there, but whether or not it will be available from day one I’m just not really sure right now.

We might start off by providing tracks that we’ve made to the users first – and then the editing user interface might come a little bit after that.”

https://www.gtplanet.net/kazunori-yamauchi-tamir-moscovici-interview-jff-2013/

Seems like we have an Eiger on our hands here folks, real world settings with a little creative license.

If that tracks as good for driving as it looks the its all good, thats what matters and not to metion it looks beautiful as a setting.
This is what comes to mind when reading this thread. Expect PD to exercise a little poetic license like the did with Eiger.

WARNING : Image heavy post !!!

Yeah, I think that track will be the same concept as Eiger.
I did a small investigation the past hour and although the area is the real deal, it looks like PD took some liberties with the roads.
I think the track will go around the lake, following the existing roads but with a few tweaks here and there.
I compared stills from the trailer to the real location on Google Earth/Street view and I found a few matches.
Then I made this quick map :

bxVc9PV.jpg

Below, you can find the pics with matching features :

tbsvFEU.jpg

Looking south

Lx409Dh.jpg

Looking South East. Village is on the right.

vGX6p7S.jpg

Looking south.

FSMlKMm.jpg

Looking south. This section must be close to the one in the previous pic.

V8cXUly.jpg

Looking south toward the village. The rocks on the right are also there in real life but they're not as sharp as ingame.

NDnsrO7.jpg

Couldn't find a match.

WBdurua.jpg

Looking South east towards the lake. Village behind the camera.

yynVxzk.jpg

Looking south. In GT6, the road looks like a bridge. This is not the case IRL.

qtovfsC.jpg

Looking South West. IRL, the road splits in two with one going into the village and the other circling along the lake. In GT6, the village road seems to be missing. Also, no wind turbine in that area.

Last edited:
WARNING : Image heavy post !!!

Yeah, I think that track will be the same concept as Eiger.
I did a small investigation the past hour and although the area is the real deal, it looks like PD took some liberties with the roads.
I think the track will go around the lake, following the existing roads but with a few tweaks here and there.
I compared stills from the trailer to the real location on Google Earth/Street view and I found a few matches.
Then I made this quick map :

bxVc9PV.jpg

Below, you can find the pics with matching features :

tbsvFEU.jpg

Looking south

Lx409Dh.jpg

Looking South East. Village is on the right.

vGX6p7S.jpg

Looking south.

FSMlKMm.jpg

Looking south. This section must be close to the one in the previous pic.

V8cXUly.jpg

Looking south toward the village. The rocks on the right are also there in real life but they're not as sharp as ingame.

NDnsrO7.jpg

Couldn't find a match.

WBdurua.jpg

Looking South east towards the lake. Village behind the camera.

yynVxzk.jpg

Looking south. In GT6, the road looks like a bridge. This is not the case IRL.

qtovfsC.jpg

Looking South West. IRL, the road splits in two with one going into the village and the other circling along the lake. In GT6, the village road seems to be missing. Also, no wind turbine in that area.

I'm both happy and disappointed @ this.

With the absence of tight & narrow courses such as Cita Di Aria and Costa Di Amalfi, I was under the impression this track would be the answer I, and so many were looking for.

Don't get me wrong, the course looks beautiful. But it seems to be made in typical, track style, Gran Turismo fashion. Silky smooth with banked corners and clear visibilty before each apex in wide open spaces.

The best road courses aren't always built that way. Call me crazy, but I'd much prefer the uneven worn out roads with tapered sides and lack of proper road side barriers then something made to be "picture perfect" (actually, the worn roads would make for better pictures!). And I'd much prefer tight, technical, and narrow roads, over wide open, soft and sweeping (or at least a healthy mix-up). And to be 100% honest (and I kindly request you don't direct me elsewhere), I think it would be cool if GT6 had races with traffic (slower moving vehicles that maintained legal road-going speeds in their respective lanes whilst other higher powered vehicles had to race amongst them. That to me would be amazing in a Gran Turismo game.

Last edited:
I think they've used course-maker for the basics, elevation changes, road layout etc and 'coloured in' the rest of the picture with trees, bushes, rocks...and wind turbines.
Can't wait to take the Yellowbird for a spirited drive along it.

Both happy and disappointed @ this.
With the absence of tight & narrow courses such as Cita Di Aria and Costa Di Amalfi
Those thight & Narrow courses aren't very suitable for racing. Sure Citta Di Aria and Costa Di Amalfi looked like beautiful places in GT4 and I understand that they are missed (I miss them too) but I honestly I dont see them as proper tracks for racing. Too narrow, can't overtake.

Both happy and disappointed @ this.
With the absence of tight & narrow courses such as Cita Di Aria and Costa Di Amalfi, I was under the impression this would be the answer so many were looking for. Don't get me wrong, the course looks beautiful. But it's in typical, track style, Gran Turismo fashion. Silky smooth with banked corners and clear visibilty before each apex in wide open spaces. And the best road courses aren't always built that way. Call me crazy, but I'd much prefer the uneven worn out roads with tapered sides and lack of proper road side barriers then something made to be "picture perfect" (actually, the worn roads would make for better pictures!). And I'd much prefer tight, technical, and narrow over wide open, soft and sweeping (or at least a healthy mix-up). And to be 100% honest (and I kindly request you don't direct me elsewhere), I think it would be cool if GT6 had races with traffic (slower moving vehicles that maintained legal road-going speeds in their respective lanes whilst other higher powered vehicles had to race amongst them. That to me would be amazing in a Gran Turismo game.
I would love to have traffic, I am hosting a series based on FIA sports car racing and really need a big track fo the Targa Florio event, If we we able to practice with traffic that would be awesome!!

FYI: The Targa Florio was held on a public streets, and was only closed for Raceday, Practice was slapping a plate on your race car and going balls out on public roads,despite this only 9 people died in the 61 races run over 71 years.

As much as I love the creativity and teamwork in threads like this I can't help but be concerned that this track will be rubbish, a la Cape Ring and Matterhorn. Seems like the more recent "original" GT circuits are nice for driving but useless for clean, competitive racing. I certainly hope I'm wrong but I don't have very high hopes.

This has to be the best GT speculation thread I've ever seen.

Keep going with your great job guys, I'd love to see where this takes us! 👍

My hype-o-meter is going up.

I'll reserve my judgment until it is released, but Gran Turismo badly needs a Targa Florio style track. Winding country roads that run between like 3 cities and a track that takes like 20 minutes to lap. This could have been that track, it could have ran around the A-2300 and A-374 with detours off through the city streets of Zahara, Algondolas, Jamal, Montecorto, etc. That Traga Florio type track, but different from the ones that were in past games cus you could actually race other cars due to the country roads. As into racing history as PD has become with GT6 I'm stunned they wouldn't make Zahara de la Sierra that track. Again though, I'm reserving my judgment and maybe we'll be luck enough to have a track that is more than 27km that does run through those cities. We still need to put a full map together though, and I can't believe PD would name the track Zahara if it doesn't go through that city at all?

Those thight & Narrow courses aren't very suitable for racing. Sure Citta Di Aria and Costa Di Amalfi looked like beautiful places in GT4 and I understand that they are missed (I miss them too) but I honestly I dont see them as proper tracks for racing. Too narrow, can't overtake.

that is for me all the drama that goes on with the GT series...

i used to be an amateur hotlap/LAN racer so i guess i know at bit about "how hard it can be to overtake on some tracks"
i still race (and love shuffle racing BTW ;) PD, i know you hear us...) so i'm still concerned by that point.

nowadays, seems like GT is going only for "easy and wide" tracks, the kind of ones that can allow that redbull thing to run ( i hate it...please go play wipeout if you only want to turn around a corner at 500 km/h and leave us with CARS! )
just look at what they did to apricot hill...so f°°°°°g wide and fast, it has not the same appeal it had back in GT4 anymore, and i'm soft on this one...

but as far as i love GT since day1 , i'm more like a drifter, throwing cars arounds for fun and not getting mad anymore to be 0'010 slower than the next dude.
and honestly...what do you want a drifter to do with a 27-or-so-KM-track with no narrow turns and hairpins ?
nothing, seriously, nothing.
Tracks like that matherhorn thing just kinda sucks to me...how realistic ( and fun ) can be a mountain road with corners you can take at 200+ km/h, with no tight hairpins and elevation disney-land like ??

so i go with this:

i'm ok with a long nurburgring-like track, of course i'd like a 20mn long floored-out ride! i love speed too! but sometimes, i don't like to "wait" like 10mn to pratice the same corner

Once again, how hard is it to make a 0,7 km track for people to pratice techniques and just have fun going easily around, drifting or whatever ?

i don't want to go on a marvelous journey around some lake or scenic view! i want to pratice drifting!
can PD bring back motorland from GT4 or put in some real life short tracks like Meihan, Ebisu Minami course, bihoku, maze, nikko and so on ?

so far i guess it will be a no. and i'll still buy it...GT, you're a cruel mistress

i'm ok with a long nurburgring-like track, of course i'd like a 20mn long floored-out ride! i love speed too! but sometimes, i don't like to "wait" like 10mn to pratice the same corner
Looking at this, I'd love them to go all Project Gotham 2 and split the long track into about time trial sections of about 1-3 minutes apiece, even though that would basically cram half the game's tracklist with variants of the same track, making the select track screens hilariously overstuffed.

See, in the news article, it says that this will be the "longest course in the game" - Route X is longer than the Nurburgring at 30KM, correct? So shouldn't it therefore be longer than 30Km, rather than 26?

Based around the town of Zahara de la Sierra in Andalusia, Spain, the new track will be the longest in GT6 - longer than even the Nurburgring Nordschleife’s 26km of tarmac

I see that will be longer than Nurb's 26Km version... Probably is longer than SSX too. I don't know...

Well, the author of that post claims that he did. But he wasn't there and in neither of the sources he lists I find any mention of "27km", all I find is "the longest track in the game". So I'm not very convinced about the 27 km part at this point.

And I don't think the track is based on real roads. With PD's attention to detail I'd be surprised if they have recreated 30+ kilometers of real road. The only real track that comes close to it is Nürburgring, all other real tracks are considerably shorter. So course maker sounds more plausible.

Last edited:
I'll reserve my judgment until it is released, but Gran Turismo badly needs a Targa Florio style track.

Probably not today, not tomorrow...but I believe one day we'll see Piccolo Circuito delle Madonie (latest targa florio historical track) in a Gran Turismo title for sure. Cause it's like heaven (or hell) for drivers.

Siracusa photo scenery is located in Sicily, same place of Targa Florio. Maybe a clue?

Meanwhile, I really hope this spanish track will be longer than any my expectation.

Call me crazy, but THAT'S WHY THEY'RE PERFECT TO ME!!! The sense of speed on tight courses is exhilarating! The pressure of every move is MAGNIFIED! The rewards for a perfect corner, the repercussions of over shooting a turn, all give a heightened sense of what we know as "the race"!!!

I can see it in my head... "This is the corner... There's half a lap left and only 2 more safe passing zones before the finish... Should I go for it now?, or hold off? I'm in 2nd place and 3rd place is hot on my tail. 1st place seems to be doing a good job at blocking. I'll try and trip him up by going extra wide before the turn. Oh! 1st place slipped! This is my chance!!! He spun, I'll go left! 3rd takes the right! It's a drag race between 1st & 3rd (now 2nd)! It's tight!!! No room for error! No room to breath!!! I gotta fake him out! Can't brake too early, can't brake too late! Next turn is up, I have outside, he has inside and if neither of us lets up, this corner most certainly has someones name on it!!!...

Stuff like that just doesn't seem as fun or extreme on wide open tracks... Also, "Those tight & Narrow courses aren't very suitable for racing." Ever raced on Cote D' Azur (Manaco), Nurburgring, and the Mount Panorama?

The narrow and complex nature of these tracks are part of the allure that makes them so popular!

Last edited:
Call me crazy, but THAT'S WHY THEY'RE PERFECT TO ME!!! The sense of speed on tight courses is exhilrating! The pressure of every move is MAGNIFIED! The rewards for a perfect corner, the repercussions of over shooting a turn, all give a heightened sense of what we know as "the race"!!!

I can see it in my head... "This is the corner, there's half a lap left and only 2 more safe passing zones before the finish... Should I go for it now or no? I'm in 2nd place and 3rd place is hot on my tail. 1st place seems to be doing a good job at blocking. I'll try and trip him up by going extra wide before the turn. Oh! 1st place slipped this is my chance!!! He spun, I'll go left 3rd takes right! It's a drag race between 1st & 3rd (now 2nd)! It's tight!!! No room for error! No room to breath!!! I gotta fake him out! Can't brake to early, can't brake to late! Next turn is up, I have outside, he has inside and if we don't let up this corner most certainly has someones name on it!!!...

Stuff like that just doesn't seem as fun or extreme on wide open tracks... Also, "Those thight & Narrow courses aren't very suitable for racing." Ever raced on Cote D' Azur (Manaco), Nurburgring, and the Mount Panorama?

The narrow and complexities of these tracks are part of the allure that makes them so popular!

Mount Panorama works quite well from my experience, but when the pp starts getting over 600 it does get ruff. The other 2 do require low pp to work. I agree that narrow tracks can be fun. Wide tracks with sweeping turns have never suited my driving style. However, the problem with those narrow tracks are that online it just becomes a wreck fest. If you don't get to qualify you get stuck behind a bunch of overly aggressive moving chicanes, and if you do get to qualify and get in front of them they will wreck you in the first couple turns. It's a problem universally but its worse on that kind of track. That's why if we had the big roads of the A-2300 and A-374 at Zahara running into the narrow city streets it becomes the best of both worlds. Passing can happen on the big open roads and you still get the fun of winding through the city.

Well, the author of that post claims that he did. But he wasn't there and in neither of the sources he lists I find any mention of "27km", all I find is "the longest track in the game". So I'm not very convinced about the 27 km part at this point.

And I don't think the track is based on real roads. With PD's attention to detail I'd be surprised if they have recreated 30+ kilometers of real road. The only real track that comes close to it is Nürburgring, all other real tracks are considerably shorter. So course maker sounds more plausible.
Well you might be looking at it wrong. The Ring is a big long track yes, but its fairly easy to code because all the surroundings are so simple, unlike a track like Tokyo. With Zahara there are mostly country roads, and we have already matched shots and turns from the video with real world street views, so they will be using at least primarily real roads.

that is for me all the drama that goes on with the GT series...

i used to be an amateur hotlap/LAN racer so i guess i know at bit about "how hard it can be to overtake on some tracks"
i still race (and love shuffle racing BTW ;) PD, i know you hear us...) so i'm still concerned by that point.

nowadays, seems like GT is going only for "easy and wide" tracks, the kind of ones that can allow that redbull thing to run ( i hate it...please go play wipeout if you only want to turn around a corner at 500 km/h and leave us with CARS! )
just look at what they did to apricot hill...so f°°°°°g wide and fast, it has not the same appeal it had back in GT4 anymore, and i'm soft on this one...

but as far as i love GT since day1 , i'm more like a drifter, throwing cars arounds for fun and not getting mad anymore to be 0'010 slower than the next dude.
and honestly...what do you want a drifter to do with a 27-or-so-KM-track with no narrow turns and hairpins ?
nothing, seriously, nothing.
Tracks like that matherhorn thing just kinda sucks to me...how realistic ( and fun ) can be a mountain road with corners you can take at 200+ km/h, with no tight hairpins and elevation disney-land like ??

so i go with this:

Once again, how hard is it to make a 0,7 km track for people to pratice techniques and just have fun going easily around, drifting or whatever ?

i don't want to go on a marvelous journey around some lake or scenic view! i want to pratice drifting!
can PD bring back motorland from GT4 or put in some real life short tracks like Meihan, Ebisu Minami course, bihoku, maze, nikko and so on ?

so far i guess it will be a no. and i'll still buy it...GT, you're a cruel mistress

I've gotten more into drifting myself.

And if you've ever seen kaido, touge, or many other aspects of competitve drifting, they actually mainly drift on tight and narrow backroads, on the mountainsides, or through the forested outskirts of small towns and country roads. So again, I kinda rival this "wide open track" nature PD is feeding us because drifting on narrow courses is exciting for the same reasons racing on narrow tracks is.

The first "GRiD" comes to mind as far as this and the mountainside drifting as well as the "Gymkhana" styled drifting in industrial zones with trucks, alleyways, railyards, piers, and obstacles littered about... Wouldn't be as fun (atleast imho) in a blank wide open canvas with little to test just how good, accurate, and precise your drifting is... Also, tight courses are awesome for tandems!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back