March DLC Giveaway - Check post 970 and 991 for the details!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Scaff
  • 1,095 comments
  • 63,115 views
Peugeot 908 HDI retired the Le Mans 24h to Audi.

The 908 won Le Mans in 2009... and Le Mans wasn't part of a championship then aswell.
 
Has to be in 2010 though right?

I figured on going cryptic, first clue says driven by a contender for the 2009/10 championship, Mark Webber was a 2009/10 championship contender.

Just guessing an all that :D
 
If its specifics:

Mercedes CLR GT1, Mark Webber #4 went airbourne twice, #5 once, immediately withdrawn, 24 hours le mans

That has to be it.
 
10th year of 21st Century was 2009.
 
Still stands, just...well he did get 2 wins at least.
 
Mercedes CLR GT1

There you go!

For those who couldn't get it:


Driven by a contender for the championship in the 10th year of the 21st century,

In 2010, Mark Webber was a contender for the F1 championship.

I am known not for my looks, my speed, or even the likeness to my more masculine brother;

The CLK-GTR being it's bigger brother.

I am known for my ability to dazzle the airwaves.

It went airborne on three different occasions; twice within the same race.

4. 5. 24.

Nos. 4 and 5 were the chassis' that flipped. Webber's (#4) is the one that went airborne twice. Hence the use of the phrase "airwaves". It wasn't what some of you thought.

And right you are, Clark. That's a mistake on my behalf. Apologies for that.
 
2009 was the 10th year of the 21st Century. I didn't even think about saying the CLR that clue wouldn't have worked if it was relating to 2009.

Not impressed.
 
I'm assuming Magpie got the code because he was more specific.
 
2009 was the 10th year of the 21st Century. I didn't even think about saying the CLR that clue wouldn't have worked if it was relating to 2009.

Not impressed.

Webber wasn't exactly not a contender for it in 2009. Finished 4th, 2 race wins.
 
2009 was the 10th year of the 21st Century. I didn't even think about saying the CLR that clue wouldn't have worked if it was relating to 2009.

Not impressed.

I already acknowledged the mistake, but that still doesn't change the credibility of every other clue.
 
2009 was the 10th year of the 21st Century. I didn't even think about saying the CLR that clue wouldn't have worked if it was relating to 2009.

Not impressed.

Didn't he race for Red Bull both years? So why would that have made a difference?
 
Guys... but the 10th year of 21st century was 2010, not 2009. The century began in 2001, not 2000. Just like the 20th began in 1901.
 
I already acknowledged the mistake, but that still doesn't change the credibility of every other clue.
I know didn't mean to have a go at you sorry. I just meant I didn't inluse that car In thw few i was thinking of as it never crossed myind because Wevber wasn't a contender really in 2009, compared to 2010.

Sorry T12 mate, just feel a bit miffed.
 
i give up dlc comes out tomorow, good luck to all !!!
 
I know didn't mean to have a go at you sorry. I just meant I didn't inluse that car In thw few i was thinking of as it never crossed myind because Wevber wasn't a contender really in 2009, compared to 2010.

Sorry T12 mate, just feel a bit miffed.

No problem, use it for the next question which will be up in about 15 minutes, there or thereabouts.

Need to think of another head scratcher.
 
You guys can thank me for the hard questions. ;)
 
Question 3:

I began life under the arm of a Grand Tourer, but was later adapted to that of a prototype. There is only one in the entire world capable of being used on the street without being pulled over, but you'll never see it as it was used as a decoy. Out of the three versions of myself on the track, only one was able to finish the race. I was robbed of a victory that may or may not have been guaranteed given my performance.

27. 25. 24.
 
Mc Laren F1.
 
Toyota GT-One?
 
Back