March DLC Giveaway - Check post 970 and 991 for the details!

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 1,095 comments
In between classic Alfa moments of standing on the side of the road with the hood up whilst steam escapes from any and everywhere :sly:

Well I knew I lost. I have no clue what Celcius in terms of temperature is I'm American. Also if I knew what you were talking about with the car I may have known , also living conditions such as weather,.

Ahhhh, Italian car. So it's telling you you're going to be pretty much living at the gas pump. ;) lol
The way I drive that's pretty much the case.

In between classic Alfa moments of standing on the side of the road with the hood up whilst steam escapes from any and everywhere :sly:
I don't have a proper Alfa, it's not broken down once yet :confused:

However the gear knob did come off in my hands, so that makes up for it.

Scaff

Please consider in next giveaways, not only do trivias, but for example a mini photomode competition (like Slipztrem have done in the past) to give opportunity, to people that are not so good at trivias (like me) to have a chance of winning something. Use more detailed themes if you guys want, to give a bit more of difficulty, but please consider this 👍

NTX
Please consider in next giveaways, not only do trivias, but for example a mini photomode competition (like Slipztrem have done in the past) to give opportunity, to people that are not so good at trivias (like me) to have a chance of winning something. Use more detailed themes if you guys want, to give a bit more of difficulty, but please consider this 👍

I think they did it this way around because last time some people complained that it should be based on knowledge of the sport only. I think that kinda discourages people new to the sport however. It should be a mix of things if you ask me.

Like I said, not only trivias. Imagine there are 10 codes to giveaway, 5 could be by Trivias and the other 5 by mini photomode competitions.
My knowledge of cars might not be the best, and if is only for people that have knowledge, then the people like me are always in disadvantage. But I still love to play Forza 4, and I´m here and in GTP because of my passion to both games and cars in general, but in therms of knowledge...I admit, I kinda suck a bit. And if photomode is a part of this community, why not include it here? 👍

And I´m not angry :D just my point of view.

NTX

This.

Check through the previous giveaways - the trivia was easy, and there were photomode competitions, that's how we started the giveaways when we received codes. There were suggestions to do trivia events relevant to automotive history and/or Forza 4, so that's what I did. Particularly look over the trivia questions from last month - notice how easy they are? I even told people how to find the answers, and still people guessed at complete random.

---

Someone pointed out that some have shown up here only to snag a code and never speak another word and I've noticed that, and I've even considered the alternative of disallowing those folks from future giveaways... but in the end what would that accomplish? We'd have a bad reputation as a result and the community here wouldn't grown much, if at all.

NTX
Like I said, not only trivias. Imagine there are 10 codes to giveaway, 5 could be by Trivias and the other 5 by mini photomode competitions.
My knowledge of cars might not be the best, and if is only for people that have knowledge, then the people like me are always in disadvantage. But I still love to play Forza 4, and I´m here and in GTP because of my passion to both games and cars in general, but in therms of knowledge...I admit, I kinda suck a bit. And if photomode is a part of this community, why not include it here? 👍

And I´m not angry :D just my point of view.

We mix up the giveaways each month to try and provide a bit of variety and certainly we will look at photomode again for next month.

Scaff

I know that mini-photomode challenges were made in the past Terronium, I was one of the lucky ones back in December. And please correct me if I am wrong, since then only trivias, right buddy? About the folks that only come here once per month just to snag a code, well I´m not saying that they don´t have the same right as regular users, but its natural that regular users might feel frustated. Speaking by me, they don´t bother me. In fact I leave here a invitation, come and enter in the weekly photomode competitions, or visit other sections of Forza Planet, this is a neat place to spend some time 👍

Answering now to Scaff, its nice to know that a mix up of contents will be added, this way people that are less good at trivias and better at photomode and Vice Versa will have a better chance.
Of course if more sugestions for future giveaways come along, please feel free to go ahead 👍 :)

And once more I say, only my opinion, I´m not here to start wars guys 👍

Were you now? I should take my own advice and look through the previous giveaways, it seems. :lol:

It has been trivia since then, but given the events of yesterday I'll definitely switch up next month with something new. I don't know what I'll do at the moment, but I'll have something at the ready.

Trivias are welcome like I told, still its frustrating to miss by a minute or two. It would be nice for you, Scaff or Slipztrem to give a theme, and time for people to enter with photos from the game, with no use of Photoshop. Then, you guys, or the one who have provided the theme, only have to choose the better ones that fitted the theme.
And when you ask "were you now?"...can you be more precise buddy? 👍

I know I don't post very often but I do like to read a lot of the stuff. I don't really have anything to say that someone hasn't already said and being repetitive is quite annoying. I go on pretty often I just prefer to lurk the forums :)

Back on topic, I can't wait until next month!! I'll be ready next time :P

NTX
Trivias are welcome like I told, still its frustrating to miss by a minute or two. It would be nice for you, Scaff or Slipztrem to give a theme, and time for people to enter with photos from the game, with no use of Photoshop. Then, you guys, or the one who have provided the theme, only have to choose the better ones that fitted the theme.
And when you ask "were you now?"...can you be more precise buddy? 👍

An informal question; by that I meant "did you, really?".

As for above me - what topic? There is no real topic until next month. :P

Are you asking if I only come to Forza Planet once a month? I´m lost Terronium :confused:

I know I don't post very often but I do like to read a lot of the stuff. I don't really have anything to say that someone hasn't already said and being repetitive is quite annoying. I go on pretty often I just prefer to lurk the forums :)

Same here. But there's two another reasons for me. First is - this is the English language site and for me it is sometimes hard to write something proper in foreign language. Second - correct me if I'm wrong, but I see that the most popular thread here is "Forza 4 VS GT5". I play both games and I don't understand all that fanboy crap. Stop comparing the games and start enjoying them. I mean... I came here for the interesting discussions, not that silliness.

I have the season pass anyway, so it doesn't matter to me if I win or not (but it is nice to get the cars early).

^^ This I second.

I'm also very annoyed by the Forza 4 vs GT5 thread(s). Especially since they are heavily moderated to prevent flame wars, which also means I can't tell everyone there to get over it and just play the game they like.

Then why are you in this thread participating in the contests? You have the pack so why take chances away from those who don't?

I have the season pass anyway, so it doesn't matter to me if I win or not (but it is nice to get the cars early).

That's why. I don't think there is anything wrong or unfair with that.

In case you win and give your code away - I see nothing wrong. More likely - awesome. In case you win and use it despite you having Season Pass - that's just not nice to do. That's my opinion.

I have Season Pass and am not here to try and win any of the cars but the photos are nice and the general car knowledge questions are educational too. :)

Same here. But there's two another reasons for me. First is - this is the English language site and for me it is sometimes hard to write something proper in foreign language. Second - correct me if I'm wrong, but I see that the most popular thread here is "Forza 4 VS GT5". I play both games and I don't understand all that fanboy crap. Stop comparing the games and start enjoying them. I mean... I came here for the interesting discussions, not that silliness.

I agree, I find them both fun. I don't speak much in real life either so yeah :)

I think there is something wrong and it's why I've stayed out of this thread.

In case you win and give your code away - I see nothing wrong. More likely - awesome. In case you win and use it despite you having Season Pass - that's just not nice to do. That's my opinion.

Yeah, it's quite a Richard thing to do.

For people who don't want to talk about Forza and GT a few of you seem to be doing just that.

Please keep the thread on topic.

Thanks

Scaff

After the week I had I REALLY need a code. Getting some new cars and making some photos and vids for the people is probably the only thing keeping me from flipping out on some people around here. Not here, forzaplanet, I mean here real life. :irked::mad:

Back