Massive thanks to Kaz

  • Thread starter Thread starter dzidza
  • 92 comments
  • 6,056 views
I would like to thank KY for such a great series.

I have never appreciated another game more than Gran Turismo.
I have probably spent more time in GT4 than any other game.

Much love to PD
 
thumbs_up.jpg


This is for you Kaz if your reading this thread of course:

4711613942_ff986b88a1_b.jpg
 
Good thread! Nice to know that everyone isn't so needy. Thank you Kaz!
 
Thanks Kaz, When I played for the first time GT1 I felt in love with cars and I'm still feel in love with them, Gran Turismo has been my favorite game for a long time and still being, I don't care about 800 standar cars like those cry babies because I know there's a lot of new features than care more than 800 cars without cockpit view.

👍
 
Big thumbs up to KY and PD. I hope you don't let some of the negative attitudes here get you down. You're about to deliver an amazing game, and most of us very much appreciate that.
 
Thank you, Kaz and your development team, for your perfectionism, hard work, and dedication, though you all make us wait painfully. You love making the game and so do we love playing it.
 
Pretty sad that the thread thanking PD for what they've done with GT5 has 67 posts while the forum is being filled with countless posts bitching about it.
 
Pretty sad that the thread thanking PD for what they've done with GT5 has 67 posts while the forum is being filled with countless posts bitching about it.
Welcome to the world of forums. People come here to complain, not sing praises.

Besides, why should Kaz be thanked? Did he do this for free or something?
 
Yup agreed. I hope they don´t delay it again because of this cockpit flame here :S
 
Imagine Kaz is reading this thread :gtpflag: I think Sony/PD does.

But yeah, its been a while since I've seen the first Vision Gran Turismo video with MOTC theme. From that day I saved money just for GT5 and now I can't believe we have a final release date.

What I like on Kaz is that he managed to implement impossible features on GT5. I thought it would be impossible to have full damage in GT but they did it and so does Day/Night cycling.

I can't wait to see what he and his teams gonna do after GT5 releases. Those guys worked almost 24/7 just for this game. It's the only team created a car game with beautiful graphics. They're are unique!

And Sony should give them more support!

👍👍👍👍 Kaz/PD and Sony!
 
Welcome to the world of forums. People come here to complain, not sing praises.

Besides, why should Kaz be thanked? Did he do this for free or something?

Why do You play GT series? Why do you give him your money?

His vision wasn't to become millionaire, but to make a driving simulator.

I honestly believe that you don't give him your money for GT5, and that you miss this or any other of his games, so you could come to the forums and bitch about it, just to be like other noob, that doesn't respect other peoples work, or you also don't thank you doctor when he helps you, well he is being payed also. Just to give you example, i bought custom made guitar and payed it 3000€, and yes i called John Suhr in America (i am from Croatia) to thank him for the awesome product that he made for me.

Maybe it's time for you to be grateful in life, maybe you will see things differently.
 
Thank you Kaz for me having to waste so much time (even at work) to look for GT5 info in this awesome website!
 
Thanks to KAZ and PD for all the hard work:tup::D! The best Racing simulator ever made will soon be here:D! All the rest is all crap talk :lol:!
 
Thanks, And WE all love you kaz and your dedicated hard working team, God speed!!
 
Welcome to the world of forums. People come here to complain, not sing praises.

Besides, why should Kaz be thanked? Did he do this for free or something?

I'm a 10 year vet of a number of forums and I'm well aware that negative comments always outnumber positive ones. BTW, people come here to get information and discuss a shared passion, not just complain.

Why thank him? It should be obvious. He could have given us an inferior product (FM3-like) and still got his $60/game. Instead he pours his heart and soul into creating the best possible simulator he can so other people who share his love of racing can have some fun. Just because someone charges for something doesn't mean they're only in it for the money. Someone has to pay for all that development.
 
Thank You Kazunory for Your and Your team's hard work.
I don't care, what bad things other people say about the game, I will enjoy GT5 like I enjoyed GT, GT2, GT3 A-spec, GT Concept Tokyo-Geneva... I still enjoy GT4. And GT on PSP is a great game for my lifestyle, because I can take it to my job =)
 
Thank you Kaz and also your team who i know worked very hard to give us the best game 👍
 
I'm a 10 year vet of a number of forums and I'm well aware that negative comments always outnumber positive ones. BTW, people come here to get information and discuss a shared passion, not just complain.

Why thank him? It should be obvious. He could have given us an inferior product (FM3-like) and still got his $60/game. Instead he pours his heart and soul into creating the best possible simulator he can so other people who share his love of racing can have some fun. Just because someone charges for something doesn't mean they're only in it for the money. Someone has to pay for all that development.

I bolded the sentence that should be common knowledge. But for some reason or another alot of people seem to forget about that.
 
If I may, I'd like also to thank everyone at Polyphony Digital for their hard work and dedication in creating, not only a great piece of entertainment, packed to the limit every single time with features and quality; but also for stage 4 turbocharging my enduring love for racing, indirectly bringing about this community and most of all, not skimping on quality, ever. In a world spun by money, I have found that to be a very difficult and rare thing indeed.

Long live Gran Turismo! May we never forget putting that black disc in our PlayStations for the first time and being amazed at this wonderous and addicting racing game!
 
If I may, I'd like also to thank everyone at Polyphony Digital for their hard work and dedication in creating, not only a great piece of entertainment, packed to the limit every single time with features and quality; but also for stage 4 turbocharging my enduring love for racing, indirectly bringing about this community and most of all, not skimping on quality, ever. In a world spun by money, I have found that to be a very difficult and rare thing indeed.

Long live Gran Turismo! May we never forget putting that black disc in our PlayStations for the first time and being amazed at this wonderous and addicting racing game!

Here here, I must say the initial dissapointment of the standard/premium cars thing has wore off, I realised I only have about 40 cars in GT4 that I use anyway, so I have no doubt I'll get by with 200 Premium to choose from !(I just hope the Sauber Mercedes Group C car is in that list)

So yes, well done PD, for creating what is looking like it's going to be a masterpiece that will keep many people busy and entertained for a good few years to come.

I often think what we would have in place of GT if Kazunori hadn't made the choices he made that led him to make GT1, I shudder to think, fair enough, the likes of codemasters, etc would have churned out a couple of decent games, but there really is only one PD. Thanks.
 
Rereading my post, I'm sorry I forgot to thank the team of Polyphony, as much a racing family as any real racing team. While Kaz is the master chef that comes up with the recipe and gives Gran Turismo its flavor, the team do the heavy lifting and cooking to bring the feast to the table. Without them, there would be no Gran Turismo.

Arigatou, mina.

*remembers sig below, as well as Amar's teaser* :lol:
 
Why do You play GT series? Why do you give him your money?

His vision wasn't to become millionaire, but to make a driving simulator.

I honestly believe that you don't give him your money for GT5, and that you miss this or any other of his games, so you could come to the forums and bitch about it, just to be like other noob, that doesn't respect other peoples work, or you also don't thank you doctor when he helps you, well he is being payed also. Just to give you example, i bought custom made guitar and payed it 3000€, and yes i called John Suhr in America (i am from Croatia) to thank him for the awesome product that he made for me.

Maybe it's time for you to be grateful in life, maybe you will see things differently.
Being a self-employed contractor and successful business owner, I fully appreciate the value of hard work, but I don't expect people to thank me like I'm some god when they are a paying customer and deserve nothing less than perfection for their outlay.

Sure, I appreciate and respet his work. I appreciate and respect it enough to hand over £40 or so when his games launch. Is that not thanks enough? Should I go and kiss the ground he walks on as well or something? Do not make the assumption that I am not grateful in life based on one post made in a forum. This is a game we are talking about here, keep it in context.

Oh, and there is just a small difference between a 3000€ custom made guitar for one individual, and a mass-produced game that is sold to millions of people for 50€.
 
Im pretty sure thats a Premium car

It takes someone with a good eye to tell the difference. That is definitely a standard car. I think :S

So what was all the fuss about again? Oh yeah... no cockpit view. I don't think many people give a rat's bottom about the exterior, because it's still very high quality.
 
Thank you again P-D but it's not finish.
GC and TGS'r come.
 
Being a self-employed contractor and successful business owner, I fully appreciate the value of hard work, but I don't expect people to thank me like I'm some god when they are a paying customer and deserve nothing less than perfection for their outlay.

Sure, I appreciate and respet his work. I appreciate and respect it enough to hand over £40 or so when his games launch. Is that not thanks enough? Should I go and kiss the ground he walks on as well or something? Do not make the assumption that I am not grateful in life based on one post made in a forum. This is a game we are talking about here, keep it in context.

Oh, and there is just a small difference between a 3000€ custom made guitar for one individual, and a mass-produced game that is sold to millions of people for 50€.

Mostly agree with point being made, but i think it also fair to say, that many GTP members would be content to pay significantly more. Would that be any greater thanks? probably not.

A simple thanks though, is at least a slightly more human way of aknowledging hard work than buying the end product.

To further your point of being thanked for work, i also run a business and nothing beats a truely honest thankyou after putting a lot of work into a project. I'm sure you appreciate a thankyou too, if not, you need to work on your customer skills.
 
Being a self-employed contractor and successful business owner, I fully appreciate the value of hard work, but I don't expect people to thank me like I'm some god when they are a paying customer and deserve nothing less than perfection for their outlay.

Sure, I appreciate and respet his work. I appreciate and respect it enough to hand over £40 or so when his games launch. Is that not thanks enough? Should I go and kiss the ground he walks on as well or something? Do not make the assumption that I am not grateful in life based on one post made in a forum. This is a game we are talking about here, keep it in context.

Oh, and there is just a small difference between a 3000€ custom made guitar for one individual, and a mass-produced game that is sold to millions of people for 50€.

Well said tokyodrift. The only thing Kaz wants from you is to buy the game No more and no less
 
Oh dear Lord...

No, I associate myself with the remarks of Irnbrutwinturbo. 👍
 
Back