Matterhorn 90 - LancerEvo7 beats rain and GT500s to become the winner! (nascarfan1400 takes 2nd)Finished 

Denmark
Upside-down in the final corner
rallymorten

Race date - February 15

Click to see when the race starts

Welcome to the Matterhorn 90!

Over the course of time, more than 500 mountaineers have lost their lives in their attempt to put this majestic mountain under their feet. As preparations for next years 150th anniversary since the first ascent are beginning, buckle up for one of the most challenging events Gran Turismo has to offer.

Event introduction
The Matterhorn 90 is an original endurance event created by GTP user "rallymorten". The concept of the race, though, dates back to the Cape Ring 360, the first event that allowed hosts of all kinds of racing series to enter their championship as a race class. This formula has later been used in Trial Mountain 2-Hour and Akasaka Grand Prix events, and it has become the show-ground of many spectacular cross-class fights for position, most notably perhaps the GT300 race cars beating several higher-powered cars in Akasaka, with the race between two very different cars for a podium finish going down to the very wire.

NOTICE: This event formula may not be used without expressed permission from me.

Race information

Race day: February 15
Race start time: 17:00 GMT
Qualifying starts 30 minutes prior to race start

Track: Matterhorn Dristelen
Race distance: 90 minutes (1 hour 30 minutes)
Race start time (track): 18:30
Time acceleration: 2
Weather at start: 0%
Weather changeability: 3
Night race: Yes
Pit stop: Not mandatory, but adviced

Tyres used will be the same tyre compound as is used in the championship forming the class. You may go for a "lower grade" tyre (e.g. from Racing Medium to Racing Hard or Sport Soft), but you cannot use a "higher grade" tyre (e.g. from Sport Soft to Racing Hard or Racing Hard to Racing Medium)​

Room setup

Race with qualifier
Friends only
Race for Real
Race Quality: High
Voice chat: Off
Fixed room host: No
Max. number of participants: 16
20 minute race alone qualification
Grid start (initial start)*
Boost: Off
Penalty: Off
Tyre wear: Normal
Grip reduction: Real
Damage: Visible, heavy
Slipstream: Real
Driving AID's: All except ABS disallowed

*The official start will be a double-file rolling start

Event registration

Before you enter your championship as a class, there are a few things you'll need to be aware of:

It may be your championship used in a class, but it's not your event. If you choose to enter your championship as a class, it's open for anyone to enter. Drivers of the championship can also not get priority. First come, first serve.

Once you're aware of this, you may feel free to submit your championship as a class. This must be done in a conversation between you and I. It must be titled "Matterhorn 90 class: <insert your championship>" and your post must contain a working link to the Original Post of your championship (if the car specifications are not listed there, it must contain a link to those as well).

The amount of classes entering the race depends on the interest level in different classes. As a base to build on, there's space for 3 classes with 5 drivers each. If the classes are not filled, a 4th class may be entered, there will then be 3 classes of 4 drivers and 1 class of 3 drivers. If these are not filled, a 5th class may enter, so the grid would consist of 5 classes of 3 drivers.

To enter the event, you must use this form.

Current classes available:

GTMSA GT500

Link to OP - Car Specs

GTMSA GT300

Link to OP - Car Specs

NASCAR

Link to OP - Car Specs

Current registrations
The above link will send you to a Google Drive spreadsheet with the driver list.

Safety car
The 16th space in the room is dedicated to the safety car, which will be driven by me. Should a major accident happen (2 or more drivers must type "c" in the in-game chat), the safety car will neutralise the race and give those affected a chance to catch back up. The pits will not be closed during a safety car phase.

The safety car will also pace the race through the first lap, which will start at 18:20 game time. This lap will take approx. 5 minutes in order to reach the scheduled start time. Once the safety car has entered the pits, it is up to the driver in pole position to assure that they won't cross the start line before the total race timer displays 5 minutes.

The safety car will confirm it's going to neutralise the race by posting "SC" in the in-game chat.

The safety car will keep a speed of about 100km/h / 60 mph when on the track. When it's time for the safety car to return to stationary, it will accelerate to above that level around halfway through the track (it will then keep a speed of about 160 km/h / 100mph) before letting the field past in the 90* right-hander before the pit entry. You should NOT attempt to follow the safety car's speeds once this happens. Once it happens, the leader takes over the safety cars duty and must keep a speed of about 100km/h / 60 mph.

Race pace may be resumed when you cross the start/finish line. By race pace, overtaking is meant. The leading driver may choose to start the race once all cars have cleared the 90* left-hander (junction).

Last edited:
Pending time I would like to relieve you of your Safety Car dedication so you can have the opportunity to race your event. These races you do are like state of the art buildings, and you want to be the janitor? :lol: Anyhow, if that's cool with you, stay in touch.

Not necessarily. Just because they run on the same day it doesn't mean they're automatically running at the same time. Besides, I'm sure something can be figured out if need be :)

Not necessarily. Just because they run on the same day it doesn't mean they're automatically running at the same time. Besides, I'm sure something can be figured out if need be :)
Well... It takes awhile to prep the car.

Perhaps, yes. But still, we just need to convince @ITCC_Andrew to enter ITCC, I know you and a bunch of others have cars for that :)

If we're lucky, @Gedi69 enters the BST to try and take back the crown :)

Not to say others aren't welcome, of course, nobody isn't welcome!

BST is very much still under construction and will be for a while as we got to get it right spec wise, so I've not got a class to enter as yet.

Well, consider yourself welcome if you either get it sorted in time or need somewhere longer to test the specs :)👍

I'll be entering both GT500 and GT300 this time. We're using Base Models, specs are currently as follows, on RM tires max:

pzqvx7O.png

My participation will depend on the time the race takes place.

I'm actually wondering who would be faster. NASCAR with the power on the straights but next to no cornering or GT500 with slightly less power but an overload of downforce. Considering how the GT300 cars could keep up with ~550 hp "custom cars" at Akasaka, I think it could be an exciting race :)

With this not being a high-speed track I'd predict a large overlap between GT500 and GT300 as well. I also think they'll both be ahead of NASCAR.

EDIT: Is rain possible?

That's one thing I forgot to mention :(

Yes, there will be a chance of rain.

And I am aware of the tire-glitch, but I'm hoping it'll be fixed in due time. Otherwise, a good pit strategy will be so much more necessary :)

Yeah, after all, power is nothing without control.

Ironically, that used to be Pirelli's tagline

Edited the OP to display which classes are available. I should note that any classes that are not vacated by February 1st at 11:00 GMT will either be closed or made into a class consisting of cars and spec chosen by me :)👍

Just entered my 2013 Tony Stewart NASCAR car

This also opens a 3rd, 2013 NASCAR class if mort is ok with that.

Mentioned, but it was never registered. Until that's done, you can't join that class, as it technically doesn't exist :)

Back