May Car of the Month - Camaro, Then and Now!

Hi Bowtie-muscle !! I propose two Corvette Stingray, FITT, if it's not too late...Thanks in advance !!
If you are talking about a suggestion for another month, ok I will keep that in mind. We already did the C5 Corvette back in October but I think it would be fun to do the 63 Stingray and the new C7 Stingray. However, I have the next 3 months locked in with suggestions thanks to other fellow tuners. I also, being a Chevy guy myself, try to please the majority and have some variety. @shaunm80 actually made the suggestion to use these 2 cars this month. It could possibly be done in September though.

And on to something completely different and off topic......

@TurnLeft how about going back to the Golden wearing glasses? That avatar pic reminds me of my beloved Golden that I lost almost 2 years ago. Oh how I miss that dog.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program. I have 3 more reviews to post, will try and get them posted shortly:sly:

@shaunm80 Camaro SS '10 550pp review:

So this is my last planned review from the tunes you've submitted, and thus far I have been more than satisfied with the enjoyment level. I did have an issue building and had to change the power limiter to get the numbers to work, but then it was time to hit the track.

First up, something different. A trip to the state of Indiana and tackling the Indy Road Course. Something about this track just does not appeal to me, and I struggle with braking zone for the first turn. But it's not on my hate list so let's give it a go. Tour of America race, and this one is just as lovely as the 500pp version. Little more looseness, which helps, and more tire smoke. But by no means a I complaining. If I got through turn 1, the rest of the course was a breeze and the handling worked well for me. In fact, I actually caught the last place car (poor Mustang) right at the finish line. Lap time was rather good for me as well, 1:36.134. The SS just performs well on almost every track as far as I'm concerned, except for maybe Matterhorn or cote d azur which I really don't care for. This track is tricky with some banked turns, sharp and flowing turns, and a really slow section. Pleasant mix of all and this tune was more than up for it.

Next up, your homeland track of Silverstone International. This is where I like to check 550pp tunes, under a 1:08 is good, 1:06 is incredible, and it is a great way to make credits fast being only three laps. Well, this tune was Outrageous here and parted the sea with a time of 1:07.122. Hard to really judge since traffic is normal for all three laps and depending on the rabbit, depends on how fast you can grab the lead. Lambos this time, and the tune crushed them. For me the handling was just absolutely spot on and the brakes were great. Might have to revisit mine after testing this one :ouch:.

All four tunes tested from my friend across the pond lead me to believe there is some muscle car love in your blood. Grip with a little slip when needed, and pure brute muscle car feel :lol:. I suppose and Aston can be tuned similar, but Bond I am not ;). Keep up the great work my friend, as you never disappoint me with your tunes. Might make me angry when comparing to my own, but disappoint they do not. :P

@Rush471 Camaro SS '10 550pp review:

First, thank you for your continued involvement month after month 👍

Second, nice looking car 👍, other than the rims it looks just like my 575pp version :embarrassed:

You mentioned Laguna and a lap time of 1:27 when you posted, so what better place to begin than there?
Fun and fast, and more lively than @shaunm80 . But, just like his, that liveliness is not at all a bad thing. Helped bring the rear around which helps on several corners here. Not sure if it was just me or my line, but it did bobble in the front end once or twice. But was over qiuckly and never hurt the tune or lap time :). Best lap for me was 1:26.781.

How about a change, let's say Daytona Road Course and the Tuned Car race. The handling was great here, on the rare occasion the rear did step out it was easy to catch without lifting off the throttle. The trans/gearing were simply marvelous for this track, but I did find the brakes needed the right braking zones. Although they did work well when you found the correct braking point. Really fun and really quick, with a best lap of 1:49.766. Great job!

And since I was in the mood, a trip across the pond was in order for a shake down at Silverstone International (see review of @shaunm80 550 tune). If you read the review mentioned, I stated what I felt was a good lap here, and what was really good. This tune fell into the REALLY good category as I managed a 1:06.394 :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:, that is a quick lap for 550pp for me. Wow, this tune was seriously good here and super fast. It went by so fast I really did not notice anything good or bad to say about the tune. So I suppose that is all that really needs to be said.:D

Bravo Sir on a lovely tune! :cool:

@mgo Camaro SS '10 602pp review:

Everything but the kitchen sink is in this tune, well maybe you forgot the aero or don't like the looks. At 602pp, this has the appearance of a fun ride in the making (or a nightmare:scared:). I noticed when building that the LSD accel was set high and knew this was a wheel tune from a "wheel man". A "wheel man" is a NASCAR term for someone with great car control and the ability to really saw at it while going super fast.
So I needed to make sure I had my big boy pants on and was ready to give my DS3 workout.

I only went to one track, Daytona Road Course, but I did run several races with this tune. And a few more under the lights as well. My impression is, this is a discipline tune. You need to be on with your inputs, throttle/brake and steering. Throttle is not so hard when you use the triggers as I do, the rakes as well. I found I needed to be more gentle with the brake, and lifting slowly while the car was slowing made up some real time. And for better braking. The steering took a few laps mixed with the right amount of throttle control and patience. When it was done right, this car is a BEAST. But it may not be for everyone, although you can learn a bunch driving it. Only really noticed my lap time early in testing, a 1:47.701, and I really wasn't that concerned with knowing the time. I just wanted to put together consistent laps without making a mistake. One lap I might clip the grass and induce a spin, the next a slight brush with the wall or miss a braking point. The tune also DOES NOT like being caught between the apron (non banked part of Daytona) and the steep banking while getting on throttle.

I did get it sorted out and continued to drive a few more races at night, just because it was a challenge to me to try and tame this mare. Very similar to some of the powerful (and very expensive supercars) in game, this needs to be driven the right way for a DS3 user. Get it right and feel the satisfaction. Get it wrong and you will be facing the wrong direction or becoming friends with a wall.

I for one enjoyed this tune. Not easy but still fun, and a pure monster of American Muscle! :drool:

@shaunm80 Camaro SS '10 550pp review:

So this is my last planned review from the tunes you've submitted, and thus far I have been more than satisfied with the enjoyment level. I did have an issue building and had to change the power limiter to get the numbers to work, but then it was time to hit the track.

First up, something different. A trip to the state of Indiana and tackling the Indy Road Course. Something about this track just does not appeal to me, and I struggle with braking zone for the first turn. But it's not on my hate list so let's give it a go. Tour of America race, and this one is just as lovely as the 500pp version. Little more looseness, which helps, and more tire smoke. But by no means a I complaining. If I got through turn 1, the rest of the course was a breeze and the handling worked well for me. In fact, I actually caught the last place car (poor Mustang) right at the finish line. Lap time was rather good for me as well, 1:36.134. The SS just performs well on almost every track as far as I'm concerned, except for maybe Matterhorn or cote d azur which I really don't care for. This track is tricky with some banked turns, sharp and flowing turns, and a really slow section. Pleasant mix of all and this tune was more than up for it.

Next up, your homeland track of Silverstone International. This is where I like to check 550pp tunes, under a 1:08 is good, 1:06 is incredible, and it is a great way to make credits fast being only three laps. Well, this tune was Outrageous here and parted the sea with a time of 1:07.122. Hard to really judge since traffic is normal for all three laps and depending on the rabbit, depends on how fast you can grab the lead. Lambos this time, and the tune crushed them. For me the handling was just absolutely spot on and the brakes were great. Might have to revisit mine after testing this one :ouch:.

All four tunes tested from my friend across the pond lead me to believe there is some muscle car love in your blood. Grip with a little slip when needed, and pure brute muscle car feel :lol:. I suppose and Aston can be tuned similar, but Bond I am not ;). Keep up the great work my friend, as you never disappoint me with your tunes. Might make me angry when comparing to my own, but disappoint they do not. :P
I am glad you enjoyed both my SS tunes. You did a great job of testing them. I too have no plans to review any more of your tunes. I have one that need retesting and some more that deserve a review or two.

I must say, the turn out of tunes and the reviewing has been great fun for this month. I am not sure which car I like best, the Z28 with its muscle car handling or the SS '10 with its agility and super car beating qualities.

Enjoy the rest of the tunes.

And on to something completely different and off topic......

@TurnLeft how about going back to the Golden wearing glasses? That avatar pic reminds me of my beloved Golden that I lost almost 2 years ago. Oh how I miss that dog.
I know the feeling, had my German Shepherd put to sleep a year ago, she lived a long life for a pure bread, 13 years but the last year was painful. I try not to use the same avatar twice, but when I'll do your review I'll pay tribute to your lost friend 👍.

Speaking of reviews, I'll have to find some time soon, where has all the time gone .....:crazy:

I to know how it feels to lose your Best Friend :( We've lost 2 dogs, Border Collie Mix (10 Years Ago) and a Miniature Collie & Beagle Mix.(5 Years Ago) We have a new dog, she's a Pitbull Mix (4 Years Old) from The Humane Society and she is the smartest and the best dog we ever had.

Now back to tunes!!!

Cheers Smiley.gif

Its been a while since i`ve got around to join in around here! But I always at least start at tune for you guys, and this month I`ve actually finished one! :)
With all the FWD shennanigans currently underway at Cote D`azur, I`ve been using this tune around the Nordschliefe to remind me that not all cars just understeer! ;)
Chevrolet Camaro Z28 `69 505PP
View attachment 368669
Welcome back to the CoTM. I will definitely give your tune a test/review ASAP.

Back