May Car of the Month - Camaro, Then and Now!

United States
New Jersey
crash27wwjd
16657372214_43f3bfe8d1_z.jpg

Welcome to:

"May Car of the Month"

Featuring

Camaro Z28 '69
Camaro SS '10

This month we will follow the latest FITT theme, Then and Now or Old and New!
As suggested by @shaunm80, the first generation Camaro and the fifth. Each generation is featured in GT6 but only the '69 Z28 and the 2010 Camaro SS will be used this month, and ONLY the Street Car versions. The '69 Camaro SS is a standard and does not match the Z28. Each can be a beast in different pp levels and can surprise you.

As always, feel free to tune as you wish, but please list tire choice and if possible a track choice for those who may want to test.

So sit down, strap in and hang on as we enjoy American Muscle from yesterday and today.

Last edited:
17072381117_681cf1a633_z.jpg

The Tunes
By Bowtie-muscle :
Camaro Z28 '69 500pp
Camaro Z28 '69 525pp
Camaro SS '10 500pp
Camaro SS '10 525pp
Camaro SS '10 550pp
Camaro SS '10 575pp
Camaro SS '10 575pp Flat Floor
Camaro SS '10 600pp
Camaro SS '10 600pp Flat Floor
Camaro SS '10 625pp Flat Floor Max Power

By @shaunm80 :
Camaro Z28 '69 500pp SH
Camaro Z28 '69 550pp SS
Camaro Z28 '69 550pp SH
Camaro SS '10 500pp SS
Camaro SS '10 550pp SS
Camaro SS '10 Drift Tune

By @Rush471 :
Camaro SS '10 550pp SS

By @mgo :
Camaro SS '10 602pp SS and 500pp

By @CSLACR :
Camaro Z28 69 450pp CS
Camaro Z28 '69 500pp
Camaro SS '10 500pp
Camaro SS '10 525pp
Camaro SS '10 550pp
Camaro SS '10 575pp
Camaro SS '10 600pp
Camaro SS '10 600pp Flat Floor

By @GhostRider65 :
Camaro Z28 '69 500pp RS
Camaro SS '10 520pp RS

By @brian wolf :
Camaro Z28 69 505pp

Last edited:
Thank you for using my idea for this month's CoTM. I am most honoured. :)

I will be posting two separate posts for the cars as I have quite a few tunes for these two cars.

Firstly.

Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '69 (500PP SH)

Link here

This tune was used for a seasonal race ages ago but should work on most tracks in GT6.

camaro-z28-jpg.128190

Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '69 (550PP SS)

Link here

circuito-di-roma-jpg.353998

Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '69 (550PP SH)

Link here

circuito-di-roma_1-jpg.353999

Thank you for using my idea for this month's CoTM. I am most honoured. :)

I will be posting two separate posts for the cars as I have quite a few tunes for these two cars.

Firstly.

Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '69 (500PP SH)

Link here

This tune was used for a seasonal race ages ago but should work on most tracks in GT6.

camaro-z28-jpg.128190

Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '69 (550PP SS)

Link here

circuito-di-roma-jpg.353998

Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '69 (550PP SH)

Link here

circuito-di-roma_1-jpg.353999
Thank you for the suggestion, you are most welcome :D. Honestly, I never thought to pick either of these cars. I would have chosen the Chevelle to torture others with. Both of these are really fun, the 69 will change your opinion on classic muscle cars. The 10, though a bit heavy, really gets the power down. Not as fast as a 'Vette may be but very versatile, and was designed to be a modern version of the '69.

If you make a suggestion, I do seriously consider it and have used all but one so far. The next will be in July as the month was also requested. You make a suggestion, you get the credit :D (or the blame ;)).

Actually, there is. The Pozzi Motorsport Camaro. Not listed under Chevy so it's easy to forget.
No factory second gen :P
But still I don't like the new styling of them too much old school with modernization. I mean if youre going old school go old school if you're going modern go modern. Don't blend the two if you can't be bothered to hire a good designer :lol: just my two cents

Hi all :cheers:, I couldn't skip this car of the month. I'm a big fan of those beautiful cars 👍.

My first set is for Now Then will come in few days.

Chevrolet Camaro SS '10 602PP

Ascari - Circuit complet.jpg
I work this setup on full power full PP Sport Soft tires made it on Daytona Road Course and has been tested on Ascari Mid Field and Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca . All in on-line lobby set with Very Fast Wear.

Thank you, I look forward to your usually fun and entertaining reviews of these cars.
Just hope I find the time :eek:, everything is squeezing out my play time :grumpy: plus I'm running a couple of projects that demand a bit of time, but the month is just starting 👍 so I should find some time somewhere.

Hope you are doing well too.
👍

Forgot to press [Post Reply] yesterday :banghead:, :cheers:

It looks a hand full but it also looks a lot of fun. As always, smooth wheel action seems to pay dividends for your driving.
On that run tried to find possible problems on tune, heavy foot driving, it's not so hard as it first seems, if pushing hard then it gives same back :) it laps 1:00.9 at Tsukuba noABS.
All driving is related smoothness of driver, pedals and wheel, relaxed driving is what I prefer, that wasn't it, it was test lap :)

It's fun, leave that old Yankee car feeling on it, bit soft suspension, power sliding capable tune :)

@Bowtie-muscle

Camaro Z28 '69 500pp

Review

I couldn't find the Classic Supercar Event in A spec so I took this car to the Classic Sportscar Series: Race 2 - Rome.

This car performed brilliantly here. A perfect balance of power and agility for the tight turns, long flowing corners and the brakes worked effortlessly. The transmission seemed like it was set up for this track and offered great traction out of the corners. On a rare occasion where I mis-judged a braking point, this car had a very slight, and i mean slight, understeer issue on rotation but if you hit your marks, this car will glide effortlessly around any corner.

A very good tune and I wouldn't expect anything else from a man who named his garage after this amazing car brand :) Great job.

More reviews to come. I will be doing the Z28 tonight and if I have time this week, I shall do a review or two of the SS '10 as well.

@Bowtie-muscle

Camaro Z28 '69 525pp

Review

Tested on Classic Muscle Car Series: Race 1

This car is a beast. and I mean beast with a capital B! I was leading this race after the start/finish straight after just one lap. The lead rabbit was the GT40 '66 and this car zoomed past it like it was a Ford Anglia. Amazing balance through the quick corners, brakes were spot on and the transmission caused very little smoke and sliding from the rear of the car, when a slide did appear, it was very easy to sort out with some throttle control. I loved the way this car made everything so easy and effortless. Another great example of how a Muscle car can be when the right tune is applied.

I look forward to seeing how your SS '10 tunes go after driving this amazing machine. Fun times and one that others should definitely test/review and most importantly, enjoy! I like this tune so much, I may keep these in my garage just to drive around some times.

Another great job and keep up the great work with these classic cars.

Back