May Car of the Month - Camaro, Then and Now!

@CSLACR

Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '69

Review

Same track as @Bowtie-muscle (with his 500PP SH tune) for testing to keep the testing fair for tonight.

This car was not as smooth as @Bowtie-muscle tune at the same level, however, it was a little bit more "fun" to throw around. When I say fun, i mean it is a little bit more tail happy, the car doesn't fall back into line quite as easy but once you master the tail sliding, you can drift this beast around corners like the Grifter tune that me and @Otaliema just created.

I really enjoyed this car, it feels more like a hot lap machine than endurance machine and you really have to hit the correct braking points otherwise you'll hit a wall or two. I must say, the transmission on this car was amazing. So fast through gears 1-4 and 5th gear just holds the speed perfectly. This is why braking points are essential in this ride. If you are going to test any of the other Z28's in this thread, you have to compare this tune to the others mentioned as it will show how good a driver you really are, or how bad you are with these massive muscle cars.

Very enjoyable tune, I would need to practice with this car a little more than a Bowtie version to keep lap consistency going but if I mastered your tune, I have no doubt that it can be slightly quicker than the alternative version thanks to your amazing transmission.

Very good job with this car :)

Im not going to review my own tunes, It would be too biased. :) If anyone wants to test/review my Z28's and compare them with the tunes I have just commented on, that would be great. I would love to see how my work compares with the others submitted. Thanks guys and girls :)

@Bowtie-muscle

Camaro SS '10 500pp

Review

Tested on FR Challege: Race 2

You are starting to flex your muscles a little more with this car. The tail is a little happier but once again, the tiniest bit of throttle control will keep that in check. Around Trial mountain, balance is key and this car has perfect balance. It handles the direction changes very well and never really complains with any input through the steering. Rotation is virtually spot on here. I found one, maybe two times where I overcooked a corner and I detected some very minor understeer issues but then the oversteer kicked in to bring the car back into line and all was well again.

I like this tune and it has the grace and poise of a ballet dancer if you master its over steer tendencies. This tune feels like it will work on a number of tracks and you would be forgiven for thinking this car was lighter than was it was. Excellent tune once again. Will throw a few more setups on this car for yourself and then move on to other tuners entries as I have a feeling that all your tunes are going to be good based on the three I have tried so far.

@Bowtie-muscle

Camaro SS '10 500pp

Review

Tested on FR Challege: Race 2

You are starting to flex your muscles a little more with this car. The tail is a little happier but once again, the tiniest bit of throttle control will keep that in check. Around Trial mountain, balance is key and this car has perfect balance. It handles the direction changes very well and never really complains with any input through the steering. Rotation is virtually spot on here. I found one, maybe two times where I overcooked a corner and I detected some very minor understeer issues but then the oversteer kicked in to bring the car back into line and all was well again.

I like this tune and it has the grace and poise of a ballet dancer if you master its over steer tendencies. This tune feels like it will work on a number of tracks and you would be forgiven for thinking this car was lighter than was it was. Excellent tune once again. Will throw a few more setups on this car for yourself and then move on to other tuners entries as I have a feeling that all your tunes are going to be good based on the three I have tried so far.
Well thank you for trying the ones that you have. I must say, the 525pp Z28 may be the best tune I have done. Just my opinion but it has been very well received by all who have given feedback. The SS 500pp is a little wilder than my normal tunes but I liked it that way, made it more enjoyable to drive.:sly:

I am planning on testing these tunes, starting tomorrow and am now looking forward to @CSLACR 's, but your were posted first so will be starting with them. Really looking forward to this batch. Thank you for the suggestion again:tup:👍

Review from @Soren Jacquet

Camaro SS '10 550pp SS

@shaunm80 DANM that Chervrolet Camaro SS ´10 ... 550pp Ss tyres
it´s a BEAST ... have give it a spin at Mid.field Without Tc have never driven a var that was so stabel in all corners no sliding not even if the front tyres went RED in the turn after the first tunnel the car stays where I want it to be and acc out of corners wauw no wheelspin at all ... I have to say this is one of your BEST tunes
Best lap time was 1:13.681 .
Nearly forgot the breaks ... they really stops the car break into a turn a you stay on the track .

@mgo

Camaro SS '10 602pp SS

Review

Tested on Supercar Festival: Race 1

I noticed this tune was tuned for Daytona Road Circuit but for a quick first test, I took it to silverstone which has similar turns to daytona and picks up similar speeds. I could tell from the first corner that this car was a little slidy and with all those horses running loose under the bonnet, it made for a fun, if not a little scary drive around silverstone. If you happen to hit the correct brake point, I found that I could just about slink through the corner without the rear smoking up and trying to do a 180 on me. The brakes on this thing are good and do stop the car but I found that the rear was unsettled when i put the power down again. Skittish is the word I am looking for here. It isn't the sort of tune that I normally get on with as it takes far too much concentration from me and demands a little too much input from my old faithful DS3.

This review may sound negative, and that is only because I personally don't get on with this tune. I know some guys in GT6 who would go nuts for this tune because they can drive skittish cars like it is an extension of their body and mind. This car did win the race and that did not surprise me. It is supremely quick and agile (overly agile in my case) and I did have one or two excursions in it. Give this car to a slightly better driver and I am sure it will receive more positive feedback.

You need a @xande1959 or an @DolHaus to test drive this car to get a complete review of this tune. They would be able to extract all this tune has to offer no problem.

Test on Tour of America: Race 3

I took tune to the Indy Road Course as well. I wanted to double check that it wasn't my course choice which was affecting this car. It seemed to handle better on the Indy Road Course and won by 40 seconds which is very good. I still found the car skittish on corner exits though. It took more concentration than normal to keep this car on the racing line and on the last lap, I had a massive wipe out on the home straight as I was powering out of the corner. Again. I fear that it is my driving ability rather than the tune that makes this car difficult for me. On a positive note. The transmission was perfect for this course. The main thing that I personally look for in a tune is rear stability, or loose enough that I can control it with the X button (which I use for throttle control). Unfortunately, I found this car very hard to control and it isn't really a tune I can adapt to. I am sure that someone in the GT6 community will love this tune as I can see that it would be extremely fast in the correct hands.

@Bowtie-muscle

Camaro SS '10 600pp

Review

Tested on Tour of America: Race 1 - Willow Springs

As I suspected, Bowtie.. This tune was terrible. Terribly Good!! I could feel that the rear grip was planted, had some looseness in it to enable me to choose the line I wanted and stay on it. The brakes worked brilliantly and inspired a lot of confidence on corner exit. A little tail wiggle was quickly resolved with instinctive momentary lifting of the throttle and all was well once again in the world.

Rotation was spot on for Willow Springs and even with all that power going through the rear wheels, It never felt as if it was sliding away from me, always sliding the way I needed it to. If this is the Non-Flat Floor version, I look forward to trying out the aerodynamic version as that should (technically) be even smoother to drive.

As per usual, your on fine form and this is one tune which I could drive around happily all day. Great job with this one.

@Bowtie-muscle

Camaro SS '10 600pp Flat Floor

Review

Now Bowtie. Have you been attending Hogwarts School of Wizardry in secret? You have made a American muscle car have the exact same behaviours as my favourite european super car in GT6. It felt like I was driving a Ferrari 458. That is the best compliment I can give this car. Everything about it worked as it should do. In a Ferrari....

This is why you have won FITT competitions.. Amazing job with this one. :bowdown:

Enough said.

@Bowtie-muscle

Camaro SS '10 600pp Flat Floor

Review

Now Bowtie. Have you been attending Hogwarts School of Wizardry in secret? You have made a American muscle car have the exact same behaviours as my favourite european super car in GT6. It felt like I was driving a Ferrari 458. That is the best compliment I can give this car. Everything about it worked as it should do. In a Ferrari....

This is why you have won FITT competitions.. Amazing job with this one. :bowdown:

Enough said.
Thank you for enjoying my "Bowties", both 600pp tunes were done before I opened my garage! Similar but different, and fun to drive I think. Never though the flat floor compared to a 458 though:embarrassed:, to me, that is extreme compliment as your 458 is regarded as an incredibly deverse tune. Non flat has more power but the flat floor version just grips and surprises.;)

Glad to see all the reviews too, I will be testing tonight and posting reviews over the next few days.:D

Thank you for enjoying my "Bowties", both 600pp tunes were done before I opened my garage! Similar but different, and fun to drive I think. Never though the flat floor compared to a 458 though:embarrassed:, to me, that is extreme compliment as your 458 is regarded as an incredibly deverse tune. Non flat has more power but the flat floor version just grips and surprises.;)

Glad to see all the reviews too, I will be testing tonight and posting reviews over the next few days.:D
No problem. It was a lot of fun testing and reviewing the various tunes submitted. I need to get use to testing anyway so best way was to support this thread some more. It was my idea anyway so I sort of feel obliged to do so. I am looking forward to @TurnLeft and @cbarbosa to come and do their fun and interesting reviews.

mgo
Thanks for the review.
I never use DS3 so I understand why you are not found of the tune.
Its not that I'm not fond of it per se. I can see that in the right hands, this tune would be epic. Are you a wheel tuner then? I work this one out due to the fact you say you don't use a DS3. That would explain why your tune is so accurate and a little too much for my pokey fingers to tame :) There are more skilled people out there though than me so I wouldn't worry at all.

I should get a little free time next week, it's been 2 crazy weeks :eek:, if you & @Bowtie-muscle can suggest which one from both "old & new" you would want me to try from your wide selections I would do those with pleasure ;).
My 500PP Z28, 550PP SS version Z28, and both my SS '10 tunes (not the drift one... unless you really like to drift)

Thats if you would be so kind of course :) The 550PP SH tune is fun.. and a little scary and if you have the time, give it a shout but the better 550PP tune in my eyes in the SS tyres version. Do what you have time to do. :)

This post here..

Give it a shake down and see what you can make of it. :)
It´s nearly perfect , only problem is it unstabel when it´s breaks down from high speed, but the acc out of the corners thats it does fast but don´t slam the throttle to the metal ehhhhhh Mean Plastic then its give you a spin right a way.
the gearbox it fast and perfect.
have tryed it with TC 5 and without , and the diff between that is nothing to write about..
But could it be stabel by downbreaking form highspeed then its perfect...
It´s A MEAN MACHINE

@CSLACR 500pp Z28 review :mischievous:

This will be the first of my reviews for the month, since @shaunm80 threw me a curveball and did an oil change, his got pushed back until after yours. I will also be making a reference to a personal side project where I have tested each of the 500pp tunes in my garage on SH @ Midfield. Seemed like a good place to compare some of these. Enough of that, on with the review.....

First I built, and painted to tuner's specs, first thought was just how awesome it looked in certain light :crazy:. Then it was time to hit the track. Up first, Brands Hatch GP. I like this track slot, but maybe not so much in a muscle car. Off to the NA event (might as well earn some credits too :dopey:) and on to any easy win. The tune was pretty smooth with a need for throttle attention on exit but to be expected with a muscle car from the '60s. The replay was worth watching just to enjoy this beauty;). No need to over push it, best lap was 1:39.287.

Next up was Classic Muscle event at Laguna, full did closure.....not a big fan of this track unless in a racecar, not sure why but seemed proper for this tune. Even with the event allowing up to 600pp and SS tires, I took the lead shortly after the corkscrew. Then just ran away from the competition and got to enjoy the tune. Handling worked well here and the brakes were flawless. Only issue was finessing the throttle off the final corner to set up the next lap. Plenty over grip and rotation to tackle the course with pure ease. Best lap, again without really pushing too hard, 1:36.282.

Now off to Midfield, as per my personal test in Arcade Mode, grip set to real. 5 laps to no more no less. Again, getting off the final corner took patience and throttle control, overfishing was enough to also break the rear loose off of turn 1 as well. Over pushing entry was not too bad and in the end it was quite enjoyable and quick:crazy:. The trans set up really shined here also. Best lap was 1:16.618, best lap in my Z28 was 1:17.855 so yours was slightly quicker. Before and after the first tunnel is where I believe the difference is tho it has been awhile since I tested my own.

Conclusion......if for nothing other than the paint and enjoying replays, this time is a definite must try. Need a good tune to learn throttle control? This is it, it's needed but forgiving and will help improve driving skills. And that is meant to be a compliment! Not a knock. It also looks great in darker light:drool:

Thanks for joining in with a tune this month:tup:
Next up is your SS Camaro tune;)

Last edited:
@CSLACR Camaro SS '10 Review:

Good morning boys, it's another day so time for another review! Up next is the son of the Z28, the Camaro SS 2010. Not quite right to call it the younger brother with 41 years difference between them in my opinion.

I may have been a bit long winded in my previous review of CSLACR's Z28, but rest assured this will be shorter. Having finished the Z28s of @shaunm80 and moving onto the SS, I decided to head straight to Midfield for a quick 5 lap test and compare the time to the others on my list. Before I even got to the second tunnel I had to quit. I did look in the lower left corner to make sure SH tires were in fact installed. But I needed to make sure grip was set to real?......yup
What about TC, did I remember to zero?......yup again.
SRF MYSTERIOUSLY turn on:confused:..........nope.
This tune is just that amazing:drool:, and not just the paint:crazy:. The biggest issue with this model is keeping the loose rear, which helps sometimes in check, and this tune is well planted. The grip level will leave you checking the tires and aids :cool:, I absolutely loved it :D.
Handling and brakes are fantastic and trans is setup just right to get the power down with ease and confidence. This is the kind of tune you jump in and see how much ridiculous credits you can earn and how many events you can win in career mode without upgrading tires. I could drive it all day and would surely watch the bank account grow. This is a 6 star tune and a must try for all who read this:tup:!!! I built a 500 and 525pp version in getting ready for this Car of the Month, and really enjoyed them both. But this tune might be better, going to be hard to find another more enjoyable this month for me :embarrassed:

As for the time, best lap was 1:16.733 with my best in my 2010 0.068 slower. That's right, both @CSLACR tunes were faster than my own:banghead:. Very well done Sir, and thank you for allowing me to thoroughly enjoy the pleasure of driving it.
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND OTHERS GIVE IT A TRY AT MIDFIELD, AND DARE YOU TO SAY I'M WRONG ;)

Ok so maybe that review was slightly long as well, but...........

I have done both of @shaunm80 s Z28s and will be doing his SSs next along with @Rush471 and @mgo to follow. So stay tuned.

I will also get organized and link the missing reviews later on tonight.
I am looking forward to my reviews now. Yes, the curve ball of the oil change. The original car was created for a seasonal way back when, so I use to change the oil on a lot of cars, I only use the Oil change feature now if I need more power, or my car has lots of mileage on it and is down on power.

Last edited:
@shaunm80 '69 Z28 500pp review:

As the one who suggested the Car of the Month, you were going to have to delivery with a tune or two. Well, you delivered more than that, but how did they perform? I first tested both of your Z28s, even though you submitted three. I will then move on to two of your three SS tunes, testing a drift tune would be unfair since I have the drifting skills of a 4 year old. Sad but true. So let's start with the 500pp Bumble Bee shall we?

Tested on sports hard tires, and first trip was to the Classic Muscle car event at Willow Springs. Tricky and slick track depending on the time of day, a muscle car on SH always makes things interesting. Although I managed to over drive turn one too many times, the tune was more than up for an easy win. It flowed nicely through the sweepers and was easy to get the power down. Some understeer could be found in the usual places, especially if you've logged as many miles on muscle cars here as I have. Nothing overly concerning, but a bit softer front springs may help, just my opinion tho. However, it is far better than most muscle cars, and the gearing did not disappoint. Best lap was 1:25.124, but a again, no lap was completely clean thanks to driver error.

Now for a more challenging event, how about Laguna and a comparison to the @CSLACR tune. This tune was easier to manage off the final corner. Hit your braking zones right and it's a joy ride, fast but still having muscle car feel. Meaning, you could still get the back end just loose enough of over pushing. And it's time was good as well, posting a best lap of 1:36.962. A little slower but still fun.

Now for the final test, 5 laps at Midfield. Arcade Mode, grip real. Here, this tune had sections it felt better and quicker. And sections it was slower than CSLACR's. More understeer than his, but as you know, his was a little tail happy. The brakes may have helped understeer on entry causing midcorner push and a slightly slower time. In the end, the best lap was 1:18.186, 3 tenths off of mine which is not much at all. And we are both left chasing his tailights.

A very fun tune and I am quite impressed, but up next comes your 550pp on SS tires:mischievous:.........

Before I start, thanks for taking the time to test, and thanks for keeping this COtM fun. :)

@CSLACR 500pp Z28 review :mischievous:

This will be the first of my reviews for the month, since @shaunm80 threw me a curveball and did an oil change, his got pushed back until after yours. I will also be making a reference to a personal side project where I have tested each of the 500pp tunes in my garage on SH @ Midfield. Seemed like a good place to compare some of these. Enough of that, on with the review.....

First I built, and painted to tuner's specs, first thought was just how awesome it looked in certain light :crazy:. Then it was time to hit the track. Up first, Brands Hatch GP. I like this track slot, but maybe not so much in a muscle car. Off to the NA event (might as well earn some credits too :dopey:) and on to any easy win. The tune was pretty smooth with a need for throttle attention on exit but to be expected with a muscle car from the '60s. The replay was worth watching just to enjoy this beauty;). No need to over push it, best lap was 1:39.287.

Next up was Classic Muscle event at Laguna, full did closure.....not a big fan of this track unless in a racecar, not sure why but seemed proper for this tune. Even with the event allowing up to 600pp and SS tires, I took the lead shortly after the corkscrew. Then just ran away from the competition and got to enjoy the tune. Handling worked well here and the brakes were flawless. Only issue was finessing the throttle off the final corner to set up the next lap. Plenty over grip and rotation to tackle the course with pure ease. Best lap, again without really pushing too hard, 1:36.282.

Now off to Midfield, as per my personal test in Arcade Mode, grip set to real. 5 laps to no more no less. Again, getting off the final corner took patience and throttle control, overfishing was enough to also break the rear loose off of turn 1 as well. Over pushing entry was not too bad and in the end it was quite enjoyable and quick:crazy:. The trans set up really shined here also. Best lap was 1:16.618, best lap in my Z28 was 1:17.855 so yours was slightly quicker. Before and after the first tunnel is where I believe the difference is tho it has been awhile since I tested my own.

Conclusion......if for nothing other than the paint and enjoying replays, this time is a definite must try. Need a good tune to learn throttle control? This is it, it's needed but forgiving and will help improve driving skills. And that is meant to be a compliment! Not a knock. It also looks great in darker light:drool:

Thanks for joining in with a tune this month:tup:
Next up is your SS Camaro tune;)
The Z/28 left me feeling curious, and this is pretty much my answer. I am very anxious to try a few other Z/28's, see what I can learn and find out before going back to make my own 525/550PP version of this great car.

Fun fact: I spotted a cherry 69 Z/28 on the PA turnpike on Wednesday, and then yesterday, spotted another, roughly 150 miles from where I saw one the day before.
Both were orange with white stripes, and looked mint. (Could have been the same car even, I suppose)
But seeing these almost identical examples to my Z/28 in GT6 (black stripes, which I do prefer) was very inspiring. :)
Just had to share that.

@CSLACR Camaro SS '10 Review:

Good morning boys, it's another day so time for another review! Up next is the son of the Z28, the Camaro SS 2010. Not quite right to call it the younger brother with 41 years difference between them in my opinion.

I may have been a bit long winded in my previous review of CSLACR's Z28, but rest assured this will be shorter. Having finished the Z28s of @shaunm80 and moving onto the SS, I decided to head straight to Midfield for a quick 5 lap test and compare the time to the others on my list. Before I even got to the second tunnel I had to quit. I did look in the lower left corner to make sure SH tires were in fact installed. But I needed to make sure grip was set to real?......yup
What about TC, did I remember to zero?......yup again.
SRF MYSTERIOUSLY turn on:confused:..........nope.
This tune is just that amazing:drool:, and not just the paint:crazy:. The biggest issue with this model is keeping the loose rear, which helps sometimes in check, and this tune is well planted. The grip level will leave you checking the tires and aids :cool:, I absolutely loved it :D.
Handling and brakes are fantastic and trans is setup just right to get the power down with ease and confidence. This is the kind of tune you jump in and see how much ridiculous credits you can earn and how many events you can win in career mode without upgrading tires. I could drive it all day and would surely watch the bank account grow. This is a 6 star tune and a must try for all who read this:tup:!!! I built a 500 and 525pp version in getting ready for this Car of the Month, and really enjoyed them both. But this tune might be better, going to be hard to find another more enjoyable this month for me :embarrassed:

As for the time, best lap was 1:16.733 with my best in my 2010 0.068 slower. That's right, both @CSLACR tunes were faster than my own:banghead:. Very well done Sir, and thank you for allowing me to thoroughly enjoy the pleasure of driving it.
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND OTHERS GIVE IT A TRY AT MIDFIELD, AND DARE YOU TO SAY I'M WRONG ;)
And I was worried this was loose. :cheers: Very happy you liked it so much. :)
I was bouncing between this and the '69, I was very surprised the differences between the cars, and the mighty amounts of grip the SS really has. :eek:

There's a 550PP at Mid-Field, so any 550PP tune can expect to see me. :lol:

Back