May DLC Discussion Thread

• Thread starter espeed623
  • 282 comments
I'm quite positive more than just FM has only done a 6 month season pass. I think you need to stop posting these false allegations you continue to make regarding DLC.

Basic searching shows most season passes only cover a limited amount of content, usually 4 separate DLC packs. Not sure how the logic comes to out everyone else' season pass covering the entire duration of the game when its a set amount of contrnt. Or T10 being sneaky in regards to other games considering T10 puts out 2 more DLC packs & the savings between season passes for the advertised packs are pretty much all the same.

Last edited:
That, and I think people have the idea that T10 is Dan and his cronies sat on top of everyone's money drinking champagne and eating canapes. They are using the money to, you know, develop Forza 6, give us (free) track expansions, contract car modelling, finance Forza Horizon, pay staff. Not to mention actually releasing these DLCs costs a packet.

GTA5 made Rockstar more money than anything ever and they still charge for DLC... Makes T10 seem positively charitable.

Over the years the season passes that i have bought for various games have gave me full DLC rather than half. The pass should be renamed...Half a season pass?

Last edited:
top gear's "seasons" only last 6 or 7 weeks nowadays, so there's that to keep in mind if you're going to talk semantics about the word "season"

Over the years the season passes that i have bought for various games have gave me full DLC rather than half. The pass should be renamed...Half a season pass?
That doesn't validate your argument.
1) Season Passes only cover a defined amount of content, just like T10's only covers a defined amount of 6 packs. Not content for the full duration of the game as you claimed.
2) How many games with Season Passes have the same DLC every month?
3) COD Ghosts' Season Pass saves you $10. Ryse' & Watch Dog's Season Passes saves up to 25%. T10's Season Pass saves you 18% off buying all 6 car packs. The savings are the same, why are you attempting to conjure up an argument that T10 is ripping people off?

You've been ousted before for your continuous talk about T10's DLC policy (part of which isn't even in their control; MS has the final say for anything & everything on their marketplace regardless of the game), yet you continue to make things up.

I will be disappointed if we don't see some Senna love on the 20th Anniversary of his death, especially with the McLaren link

Something told me the Veneno will make its way, as well the C7 Z06. :)

Hope to see them.

EDIT: Also, I scrolled down in the Forzawiki page like said, but didn't find the pack. Has anyone else found it?

Last edited:
The Renault Clio Williams should be soon, it was the January issue of evo that first mentioned it I think and that would've been put to bed in either late November or early December, so the six month modeling process should be over by now.

The Ghost really would be an incredible addition to the game, although the Wraith would make more sense. Having seen one recently I'd probably prefer that, but the Phantom is what I'd really want to see added.

VXR
The Renault Clio Williams should be soon, it was the January issue of evo that first mentioned it I think and that would've been put to bed in either late November or early December, so the six month modeling process should be over by now.

The Ghost really would be an incredible addition to the game, although the Wraith would make more sense. Having seen one recently I'd probably prefer that, but the Phantom is what I'd really want to see added.
A Phantom Drophead Coupé or a Pininfarina Hyperion would rock :D

41591.imgcache.jpg

That doesn't validate your argument.
1) Season Passes only cover a defined amount of content, just like T10's only covers a defined amount of 6 packs. Not content for the full duration of the game as you claimed.
2) How many games with Season Passes have the same DLC every month?
3) COD Ghosts' Season Pass saves you $10. Ryse' & Watch Dog's Season Passes saves up to 25%. T10's Season Pass saves you 18% off buying all 6 car packs. The savings are the same, why are you attempting to conjure up an argument that T10 is ripping people off?

You've been ousted before for your continuous talk about T10's DLC policy (part of which isn't even in their control; MS has the final say for anything & everything on their marketplace regardless of the game), yet you continue to make things up.

I love how defensive you get over Forza/T10

You might save money if you buy all the DLC but the vast majority of cars that they have put out have been rather poor, Cars we already bought in Forza 3 & 4. Forgive those people that want new cars in a new game rather than buying the same stuff over and over and over....If you look at the official forums most people are giving this years DLC a miss due to how poor it's been...People are beginning to realsie that T10 are trying to squeeze every last penny out of us....Just look at the prices for a single DLC car ;)

Forza 5 gameplay is very good, Their DLC policy is shocking! I would put money on the next 6 packs being much better than the season pass packs.

I love how defensive you get over Forza/T10
Just as I love watching you continuously pull DLC assumptions out of thin air because you don't do any research.
You might save money if you buy all the DLC but the vast majority of cars that they have put out have been rather poor, Cars we already bought in Forza 3 & 4. Forgive those people that want new cars in a new game rather than buying the same stuff over and over and over....If you look at the official forums most people are giving this years DLC a miss due to how poor it's been...
This is all a matter of opinion though. You talk as if T10 is just completely ripping everyone off when the Season Pass discount is like every other game or lie that every other game with season passes supports the entire life of the game. That's not true at all but you don't look into those things. You just let your fingers do the talking.
People are beginning to realsie that T10 are trying to squeeze every last penny out of us....Just look at the prices for a single DLC car ;)
LOL, if charging a dollar for a car is squeezing you for money, you have bigger issues in life than this.

It's more than fair & is a price that almost every racing game has gone along with.
Forza 5 gameplay is very good, Their DLC policy is shocking! I would put money on the next 6 packs being much better than the season pass packs.
It's not shocking at all because they don't determine the pricing, just the content.

What's shocking is someone is complaining that $10 for ten cars is squeezing money from fans. Perhaps a new career is in your future.

Just as I love watching you continuously pull DLC assumptions out of thin air because you don't do any research.

This is all a matter of opinion though. You talk as if T10 is just completely ripping everyone off when the Season Pass discount is like every other game.

LOL, if charging a dollar for a car is squeezing you for money, you have bigger issues in life than this.

It's more than fair & is a price that almost every racing game has gone along with.

It's not shocking at all because they don't determine the pricing, just the content.

What's shocking is someone is complaining that $10 for ten cars is squeezing money from fans. Perhaps a new career is in your future.
A dollar? Are you taking the piss? Try £2.79 which in your money is around $4.70

If you think it's fair then that's your view, £2.79 for a single virtual car when you have already paid for the game is a little to expensive imo.

Out of interest do you share my view that the next 6 car packs will be better than the 6 season car packs?

They're a dollar a car if you buy the pack. Nowhere near $5 car individually for me. I can either buy 3 cars for $9 or buy the pack for $10.

Pricing cars like this isn't new. It's basic economics; offer a bundle at a discounted rate hence like the season pass. Almost every company has a pricing policy like this.

As for the packs, I don't know because after 4, packs can be hit or miss with me though I've still enjoyed most of what's been released so far.

They're a dollar a car if you buy the pack. Nowhere near $5 car individually for me. I can either buy 3 cars for $9 or buy the pack for $10.

Pricing cars like this isn't new. It's basic economics; offer a bundle at a discounted rate hence like the season pass. Almost every company has a pricing policy like this.

As for the packs, I don't know because after 4, packs can be hit or miss with me though I've still enjoyed most of what's been released so far.

As i said the packs are filled with fillers, They are £2.79 for a single car no getting away from that...I dont see the point in buying a pack if im not going to use 9 of the cars. How about they stop being so greedy and price a single car fairly? Or you against that as well?

wonder when we get some news of the May dlc
No.

He never shuts up about the F-Type does he?

Not one to rain on parades, but I have no reason to think this is legit. I certainly would welcome it if true but T10 has a lot of gamers to please and as the saying goes "you can't please everybody." I have all the packs, not because I think the are great, for the most part I think they are pretty average, I bought them because I am "content hungry." If we rated all of the packs on a one to five, I wonder what the average would be. In the meantime I am waiting like most folks here ...and hoping. :)

As i said the packs are filled with fillers, They are £2.79 for a single car no getting away from that...I dont see the point in buying a pack if im not going to use 9 of the cars. How about they stop being so greedy and price a single car fairly? Or you against that as well?
Thats your opinion, not a fact. The cars are priced fairly, and are priced so that the best deal is to buy the pack. If they price them any less, the bundle has be like 80 cents a car & how do you expect that to be fair to then to just nearly give them away?

Secondly, if you would read for the umpteenth time, MS sets all the final prices for the marketplace. Thirdly, I'm pretty sure offering free tracks is being more than fair.

Or are you gonna ignore that & keep posting this DLC nonsense?

Thats your opinion, not a fact. The cars are priced fairly, and are priced so that the best deal is to buy the pack. If they price them any less, the bundle has be like 80 cents a car & how do you expect that to be fair to then to just nearly give them away?

Secondly, if you would read for the umpteenth time, MS sets all the final prices for the marketplace. Thirdly, I'm pretty sure offering free tracks is being more than fair.

Or are you gonna ignore that & keep posting this DLC nonsense?

Free tracks are a must if you want to keep people playing online without breaking them up...So im glad MS has used a bit of common sense and not tried to fleece us on them also. I reckon by the time they stop supporting Forza 5 if i was to buy the full DLC i'd be looking at £139 that in your money is $234...You honestly believe that is acceptable for a single game?

Free tracks are not a must & there you go again trying to make the claim we're being ripped off still.

That's not it costs me either, so take issue with the value of your currency, not T10. For me to buy every DLC would cost me $120. That for 120 cars seems like a fair deal to me at $1 a car. But, there's no sense trying to drive this point home because you won't be happy til T10 starts paying you to play the game.

Free tracks are not a must & there you go again trying to make the claim we're being ripped off still.

That's not it costs me either, so take issue with the value of your currency, not T10. For me to buy every DLC would cost me $120. That for 120 cars seems like a fair deal to me at $1 a car. But, there's no sense trying to drive this point home because you won't be happy til T10 starts paying you to play the game.

Your forgotten it cost £55 for the game...Then another £40 for the season pass and then another £7.29 for each of the forthcoming packs x6 = £139/$234 That is an insane amount of money for a single game.

Lol at the daftness of your last sentence...getting desperate.

Back