May DLC Discussion Thread

• Thread starter espeed623
  • 282 comments
Whats funny is that all the DLC is optional. If you can't afford it or don't like it, don't buy it. But I'm sure that won't happen & you'll continue to keep proving you don't look into the DLC policies at all.

Btw, once again because you don't understand; I'm not paying $234 for everything. All 12 packs plus the cost of the game runs me $180. Keep making things up & hopefully someone else takes notice.

Whats funny is that all the DLC is optional. If you can't afford it or don't like it, don't buy it. But I'm sure that won't happen & you'll continue to keep proving you don't look into the DLC policies at all.

Btw, once again because you don't understand; I'm not paying $234 for everything. All 12 packs plus the cost of the game runs me $180. Keep making things up & hopefully someone else takes notice.

Clearly the game must be much cheaper in America...Still $180 is still far to much for a single game.

As opposed to all these special editions that ask $100 or more for the game and some extra stuff you use once? There are other games out there with far higher prices to get every last thing.

As opposed to all these special editions that ask $100 or more for the game and some extra stuff you use once? There are other games out there with far higher prices to get every last thing.
A special edition of Forza 5 came out at £80, It's going to get to the point you need to be very well off it you want the full Forza experience. Sadly for me im at the age where 100's of things are now getting in the way of money for games so this over £200 on one game is startling...Back in my day games cost £39.99 👍

A special edition of Forza 5 came out at £80, It's going to get to the point you need to be very well off it you want the full Forza experience. Sadly for me im at the age where 100's of things are now getting in the way of money for games so this over £200 on one game is startling...Back in my day games cost £39.99 👍
So you mean 10 years ago. :lol:

20 years ago, games were averaging $50-$60. It was the mid to late 80s were games where in $40 range.

Not something to try and bring up anyway considering the cost of games are actually down from what they were. A $30 game in the 80s when adjusted for inflation would run $60 a couple years ago, $100 on the higher end.

That would be a fair point if you were forced to buy them all. You are not.

Again established, The point being if you want the full Forza 5 experience is very expensive.

How are you guys not getting this? It's not rocket science.

Also if it's too expensive like $60 or $50, don't buy it.

How is he not getting this? It's not rocket science.
It's car science LOL. :lol: Good thing he wasn't around in the days when a SNES Street Fighter II cartridge retailed for $75.

103.jpg

It's car science LOL. :lol: Good thing he wasn't around in the days when a SNES Street Fighter II cartridge retailed for $75.

103.jpg
I bought Street Fighter 2 for the Megadrive for £60 and 2 six button joypads...Good times, Still even with 2 control pads it still works out cheaper than the full Forza 5 game when all DLC bought.

I bought Street Fighter 2 for the Megadrive for £60 and 2 six button joypads...Good times, Still even with 2 control pads it still works out cheaper than the full Forza 5 game when all DLC bought.
First you say half price and now you edit in and say 60. Eh. Doubt you bought that from a store brand new in 1992 and if you did, the guy probably got fired for the hook up of the century.

What's also funny is the fact that you mention DLC when there was no DLC for the streetfighter, all though from what I gathered they kept releasing them full priced as updates. So no, if you went and bought all the street fighter two cartridges, then it would be far from cheaper.

First you say half price and now you edit in and say 60. Eh. Doubt you bought that from a store brand new in 1992 and if you did, the guy probably got fired for the hook up of the century.

What's also funny is the fact that you mention DLC when there was no DLC for the streetfighter, all though from what I gathered they kept releasing them full priced as updates. So no, if you went and bought all the street fighter two cartridges, then it would be far from cheaper.
Half price what you on about? Street Fighter for the Megadrive did not come out in 92...Took ages for them to port it. Was it Street Fighter 2 Hyper edition? Something like that...What you on about people getting fired??? :confused:

Your defo right about no DLC for SF. Yeah we still get full price updates every year as well for Forza (if you inlcude Horizon) Not sure how your working out it would be chepaer?

Last edited:
Half price what you on about? Street Fighter for the Megadrive did not come out in 92...Took ages for them to port it. Was it Street Fighter 2 Hyper edition? Something like that...What you on about people getting fired??? :confused:

Your defo right about no DLC for SF. Yeah we still get full price updates every year as well for Forza (if you inlcude Horizon) Not sure how your working out it would be chepaer?
If you waited as long to buy Forza as it did for them to port Street Fighter 2 to the Megadrive I'm sure it would be better value as well. The chart I posted showed SNES prices. No console game today could get away with charging the equivalent of $120 for the base game. On the other hand no one is twisting anyone's arm to buy DLC. Just wait until the Game Of The Year/Xxl/Ultimate edition if cost is an issue.

Half price what you on about?
Your original post said otherwise.

Street Fighter for the Megadrive did not come out in 92...Took ages for them to port it.
and you wonder why it was cheaper? If you can wait that long for SF2 for a price drop, then why not wait for this as well?

Was it Street Fighter 2 Hyper edition? Something like that...
Four different versions of Street fighter 2, and going by that chart posted, thats quite a bit of money for a bit of new characters.

What you on about people getting fired??? :confused:
Are you really that thick?

No DLC, but they re-released StreetFighter several times with new content, selling it at full price again, and the pattern continues with every iteration of that game.

The thing is In Forza's case, its a different game. Not Forza 1, Forza 1 Super, Forza 1 Ultra mega super edition, Forza 1(now with 3 more cars!) Edition. Its Forza 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.. They are not releasing a new game every time they have new content available. Albeit, There is a Collecters addition with additional DLC at launch. Hopefully they release an Ultra Edition with all DLC packs included. If they went street fighters route, there would be more then 14 different Forza 4's you'd have to buy at $59.99.

If your still having trouble understanding, I'm going to use some math here, and I'm going to go off your idea of needing all extra content for a game. There are four street fighter 2's. whats 75*4? thats 300.. Hope I havent lost you yet. lets use Forza 4 as an example, with its 12 DLC packs.. Forza 4 is 59.99, and each dlc was $10(IIRC). Whats 10*12? Thats 120 and add 59.99 thats pretty much $180. Hope your still with me. It will be even cheaper if you bought the season pass.

180 is not greater than 300.

EDIT: And no, I will not include Horizon. Its a different game completely.

Last edited:
But shouldn't we factor in the cost of at least 2-years of Xbox Live, surround sound because you can't hear all audio channels without it, a Thrustmaster TX, the add-on shifter, the add-on pedals, and a racing rig?

But shouldn't we factor in the cost of at least 2-years of Xbox Live, surround sound because you can't hear all audio channels without it, a Thrustmaster TX, the add-on shifter, the add-on pedals, and a racing rig?
Yeah, as well as a brand New HDTV to play that on, a house to put your TV in, and a car to drive to that house.

Last edited:
Large TV as well... although I'm sure an equivalent size TV was pretty expensive in those days. Plus you needed a six button arcade joystick to get the full SF experience.

(dayum... tree'd by Robot)

Back