May DLC Discussion Thread

• Thread starter espeed623
  • 282 comments
I'm talking about the Forza 4 DLC cars that appeared months after its release. Stuff like the ST165 Celica and the Mazda RX3.

Forza community is known for being self-entitled and whiny, I should know as I've been following it since the beginning, the cars need remodeled. They already have the data to reference to rebuild the cars and it makes the most sense to rebuild them now and get them out of the way so they can start building new cars for the future titles on this platform.

If you don't want to buy the cars... don't buy them.

Maybe this year understandably....I considered it the best community for any console game nevermind any racer for me no other community could touch it (Maybe the PES community but that really was about 8 or 9 years ago) T10 are destroying it by these poor DLC packs every single month as people are seeing they are getting took for a liberty, Taking away auction house and taking away storefront has had a massive impact on the community also.

What's poor about them? These are still great cars that they've worked on. I wouldn't want to go back to 4 to drive them.

Granted I would love more new cars, but not at the expense of the ones added to the DLC. They chose to add new cars to the vanilla game that we'd have otherwise been drip fed each month if some of the returning models were in the base package instead.

Maybe this year understandably....I considered it the best community for any console game nevermind any racer for me no other community could touch it (Maybe the PES community but that really was about 8 or 9 years ago) T10 are destroying it by these poor DLC packs every single month as people are seeing they are getting took for a liberty, Taking away auction house and taking away storefront has had a massive impact on the community also.
I'll agree removing the storefront wasn't a great idea, but Auction House went because of idiots over inflating the price of everything.

But, I see you're still throwing around the argument that "T10 is ripping off the community" argument under a new guise.

I'll agree removing the storefront wasn't a great idea, but Auction House went because of idiots over inflating the price of everything.

But, I see you're still throwing around the argument that "T10 is ripping off the community" argument under a new guise.
I loved the Auction House, to buy a car with some upgrades often at a cheaper price than the original was great. Yes some people ruined it for us all with inflated prices, glitches and hacks that allowed them to reap millions of dollars.

Dont make the mistake of a few people on here agreeing with you as making you right... The vast majority on the official forums which is alot more populated than on here now see T10 of taking them for a ride. Your happy to pay DLC prices for cars you bought in F3 & F4 standalone games...Most of us are not.

I hope Simbin are watching the Forza forums on how not to do DLC.

Dont make the mistake of a few people on here agreeing with you as making you right... The vast majority on the official forums which is alot more populated than on here now see T10 of taking them for a ride. Your happy to pay DLC prices for cars you bought in F3 & F4 standalone games...Most of us are not.

I hope Simbin are watching the Forza forums on how not to do DLC.
And you're making the mistake thinking the population of the official forums somehow equates to most of the actual consumer base not being happy.

Keep fishing.

And you're making the mistake thinking the population of the official forums somehow equates to most of the actual consumer base not being happy.

Keep fishing.

A flight sim I play has in the past had a community vote of what aircraft to add, the message board poll is always the complete opposite of the actual in game poll. The board is going to have your vocal minority, and from my expereince it's usually those throwing pitty parties and malcontents.

Keep fishing.

It's a very good indicator, well over 2 million copies have been sold...I bet the DLC take up is tiny in numbers!

Oh T10 at it again.. People have been asking for race cars so they give us one the BM M3 Racing DTM...guess what...you cannot buy the car you need to buy the full pack or season pass yet any other car in the pack you can buy it separate. Now tell me that is not a liberty?

You guys are very loyal to one and other as well as to T10 which is something you dont really see when it comes to Forza views now...You should get yourselves on the official forums am sure T10 would be over the moon to have you guys on board.

Last edited:
A flight sim I play has in the past had a community vote of what aircraft to add, the message board poll is always the complete opposite of the actual in game poll. The board is going to have your vocal minority, and from my expereince it's usually those throwing pitty parties and malcontents.
Which is, as FGTGuy appropriately said, how the Forza official community acts; self-entitled & whiny. I know because I've been apart of the community almost as long as he has, so we've both had discussions & experience watching the game grow for the better part of a decade.
It's a very good indicator, well over 2 million copies have been sold...I bet the DLC take up is tiny in numbers!
It's only a good indicator if you have the specific number of members on the forum in relation. Even then, many of those members are either still with FM4 or long gone like this forum. For the official forums to be a good indicator of the actual consumer base, there would have to be at the absolute very least, 100,000 people with the same popular opinion which is impossible since there are less than 75,000 posts altogether on the forum.

Even at the time Forzacentral was the largest Forza forum, even we did not represent the majority of the consumer base. Why? Because the majority is not on forums. Even a site as large as this one doesn't represent GT's fanbase.
Oh T10 at it again.. People have been asking for race cars so they give us one the BM M3 Racing DTM...guess what...you cannot buy the car you need to buy the full pack or season pass yet any other car in the pack you can buy it separate. Now tell me that is not a liberty?
They've done that since 4. It's annoying, but it's done to entice people to buy the whole pack. Again, not a business decision unique to T10.
You guys are very loyal to one and other as well as to T10 which is something you dont really see when it comes to Forza views now...You should get yourselves on the official forums am sure T10 would be over the moon to have you guys on board.
And there you go again talking as if you know the full opinion of the consumer base.

You should get yourself on the official forum & post your troll-bait there with comments that PD doesn't rip people off or that their non-existent DLC policy is better than T10's. I guarantee you wouldn't last as long as you do here with their staff.

Incapable of standing by his argument, so he tries to be a comedian.

How did you put it a couple pages ago? Oh yes.
Oh believe me i stand fully behind my views on T10's DLC policy! And i fully believe T10 could sell you fresh air ;)

Standing behind them doesn't excuse the fact you fail to actually debate them without making said views look foolish.

Sorry buddy, it's late here im away to my bed so debating right now is off. Knock yourself out though...Nite nite. x

And what's your excuse for the last 4 pages? You have nothing left to debate because the only thing you can parrot is "T10 rips everyone off". Imarobot, UKMikey, & myself have all shown you can not come up with an argument to support your view. At this point, you should probably be best ignored after your next post which will likely be you posting another fail worthy retort to be funny in response.

And what's your excuse for the last 4 pages? You have nothing left to debate because the only thing you can parrot is "T10 rips everyone off". Imarobot, UKMikey, & myself have all shown you can not come up with an argument to support your view. At this point, you should probably be best ignored after your next post which will likely be you posting another fail worthy retort to be funny in response.
What kind of argument is to be had anyway?

If someone if willing to pay 90 USD for a game that is worth 60 USD, that's a problem for the people who bought the game. If someone paid 90 USD for a game and they are unhappy with it they are well within their rights to complain if they are forced to pay cars that were in older games (remind you, when you buy the season pass you are to buy whatever they want, even if it is old assets, without you knowing because the list of cars to be included is not shown when the Season pass is given for sell, and I'm sure as hell those are not community picks).

Before you start with the "you FM basher, blasphemer troll" (as it usually goes down) let me tell you that while I don't own FM5, I did owned both Horizon and FM4 at some point and those games had the best DLC picks for a racing game I've ever seen. Most of the stuff in the last few DLCs is stuff that has been in older DLCs and FM4 Vanilla.

Also, before you start with the "is MS fault, not T10". T10 are the guys who develop the game, the ones who produce the assets and the ones who time and plan when each thing is to be released, to say that MS has blame in it is like saying that Sony is at fault for not having the McLaren P1 in GT6, in inconsequential since neither control the content of each because they're publishers instead of developers, who BTW are responsible for the scheduling of production, release and update of the content (pricing correspond to MS, that might be true, but the content itself ... that corresponds to T10 themselves).

If someone if willing to pay 90 USD for a game that is worth 60 USD, that's a problem for the people who bought the game. If someone paid 90 USD for a game and they are unhappy with it they are well within their rights to complain if they are forced to pay cars that were in older games (remind you, when you buy the season pass you are to buy whatever they want, even if it is old assets, without you knowing because the list of cars to be included is not shown when the Season pass is given for sell, and I'm sure as hell those are not community picks).
I suggest you go back & read the thread. His argument is not on the game, but the DLC, something that is completely optional. Yet, he touts that it is a fact you must buy every DLC to have the full experience. If he doesn't think the DLC is worth it, he shouldn't buy it. His argument on the pricing holds zero ground complaining the cars are too expensive when they are obviously priced so that the best value is to buy the entire pack. This idea that T10 rips people off for charging $3/car makes no sense because T10 doesn't set the pricing for the cars.

Also, before you start with the "is MS fault, not T10". T10 are the guys who develop the game, the ones who produce the assets and the ones who time and plan when each thing is to be released, to say that MS has blame in it is like saying that Sony is at fault for not having the McLaren P1 in GT6, in inconsequential since neither control the content of each because they publishers instead of developers, who BTW are responsible for the scheduling of production, release and update of the content (pricing correspond to MS, that might be true, but the content itself ... that corresponds to T10 themselves).
Again, you didn't read a single page of this thread, did you? His original argument was the pricing, something T10 does not have control of. There was never any complaint about the packs themselves, but the price they are set at & this silly idea you have buy every pack to have the entire game. T10 nor MS force you to buy content you don't like, nor is the content necessary to experience the core gameplay, but it is MS who wants you to pay $10/pack or $3/car if you want them.

I suggest you go back & read the thread. His argument is not on the game, but the DLC, something that is completely optional. Yet, he touts that it is a fact you must buy every DLC to have the full experience. If he doesn't think the DLC is worth it, he shouldn't buy it. His argument on the pricing holds zero ground complaining the cars are too expensive when they are obviously priced so that the best value is to buy the entire pack. This idea that T10 rips people off for charging $3/car makes no sense because T10 doesn't set the pricing for the cars.
Okay, I read it and you are right for the most part, but while DLC is optional is still a shadowy business here. I get his point that whereas T10 charges for their season pack, they are expected to have pack along the same lines of the ones FM4 and FH.

It might be true that you don't need DLCs to complement the experience, however that does not give grounds for them to rehash older stuff when people are practically paying for having new stuff (yeah, I'm aware of PD and GT5 DLC and all that crap, but because one does it doesn't mean that everyone has the right to do it).

There was never any complaint about the packs themselves ...

Well there is, not here but (and yeah I know YT is not the most classy source of player feedback) look at the comments for the May Release pack:

Regardless of being optional a lot of people bought the season pass, and that is a bit of a slap for them.

Okay, I read it and you are right for the most part, but while DLC is optional is still a shadowy business here. I get his point that whereas T10 charges for their season pack, they are expected to have pack along the same lines of the ones FM4 and FH.

It might be true that you don't need DLCs to complement the experience, however that does not give grounds for them to rehash older stuff when people are practically paying for having new stuff (yeah, I'm aware of PD and GT5 DLC and all that crap, but because one does it doesn't mean that everyone has the right to do it).
Horizon's packs were great, but this is nothing new complaining about the season pass or the packs as there were people complaining about every pack for FM4 as well (too many this, not enough that). If his argument had been about the content, his argument would have more of a valid point, but he placed blame on something T10 can't control & even ignored the fact that T10 had still made a point to at least make the tracks free. His comments about PD's policy were just ignorant & showed he wasn't putting any thought into his argument.

Well there is, not here but (and yeah I know YT is not the most classy source of player feedback) look at the comments for the May Release pack:
Exactly, not here. I was referring to his upsets and not elsewhere.
Regardless of being optional a lot of people bought the season pass, and that is a bit of a slap for them.
Season Passes are a gamble imo, with any game. I saw the people who got upset with FM4's packs and had season passes, and I chose not to buy it for FM5 because I doubted all 6 packs were ones I would want; this Meguiar's is a perfect example. I still don't have a problem with the pricing, though I would like T10 to really get around to modeling some of the current hot cars on the market. I know FM4/Horizon did release quite a few 1-2 year old cars at the time.

ready for them to be assets in the launched version of 5? There's also the Autovista cars, which were (apparently) detailed and ready to go in Forza 5 as they were, yet the Reventon still showed up as DLC.

Seeing as how they didn't use those models and specifically said they weren't good enough I am not seeing your point.

An idiot and their money will be parted soon enough.

I bought the season pass during last months car pack release as I finally felt it worth buying. You might have an argument if the season pass was only available during the launch of the game but people could have easily waited and bought it later to see if it was worth it for them.

Last edited:
You hold T10 on such a pedestal that if you were an Eskimo they could sell you ice.

I'll just stop you there; if you seriously can't argue your point without resorting to slights towards other members (and you've made it exceedingly clear: you can't) - then it'd be wise to stop now.

Wait for it...

if they are forced to pay cars

There's your problem.

I for one was one that bought the Season Pass/Limited Edition the first day it was available to get. And I turned into one of the "what the hell did I buy" guys. And was looking at other alternatives to get my racing fix Even thought of buying a copy of GT. But after a couple months things got a little bit better. Although most of the cars in the packs are not new they are fun cars to drive/tune/paint. Now I feel like my money was well spent. I havent look back at FM4, never thought about firing it back up. Could T10 done it better??..Yes.....If I had to do it again would I??...Yes

I don't get how people are surprised that DLC is priced highly. That's the case for pretty much every game, which tends to indicate that it's the best way for companies to make money from DLC. Either that, or every game company is financially incompetent and performs no analysis to determine the best price point for their content.

Free2Play games are a logical extension of the same policies, get the gamer into the base game for cheap, tear them a new orifice on the additional content. It works, apparently, because people keep giving them money at the same time as they bemoan the woeful cost. Don't expect anything to change as long as the cash is rolling in for them.

I find T10's DLC policies completely acceptable, and would be surprised and a little disappointed at their lack of business acumen were they to do otherwise. I have not bought any DLC from them, and likely never will, although I remain sorely tempted by the FM4 Porsche pack. I am happy to wait for the next edition in the series to play with the DLC cars, as I get enough fun out of the base game that I do not need the latest shinies RIGHT NOW.

It's just dawned on me; even though most of the Forza 5 DLC has returned from 4, it's a lot broader cross section of cars than the £65 I paid for GT6, which again padded out its new car list with base model duplicates.

Just look at the variety of cars added in the packs that would've been potentially lost had they not sold them back to us. Everything from a 1940s coupe, to a rotary sedan via a delivery van and mid-engined hatchback.

It seems like Turn 10 released FM5 with 200 cars and then they sell FM4 cars each month!
Only 2 cars of this dlc werent in FM4.
I am pretty sure most of us already knew this was going to happen. This is one of the main reasons I have not purchased F5. My brother has it so if I feel I really need to play it again, I can go to his house.

I don't get how people are surprised that DLC is priced highly.
In FM3 you got 10 new cars for 400 Microsoft Points.
In FM5 you get 10 cars, most of them returning from previous games, for the equivalent of 800 Microsoft Points. However, the quality of the cars is higher.

Even though I'm still alittle uncomfortable with cars returning back from previous games as DLC, I like the fact that you don't need in-game credits to buy them anymore. And due to that, I accept them. And another, especially in particular, is free additional tracks. 👍

I very feel thankful, that T10 were well organized with their DLC, unlike a certain developer that said 'free DLC tracks every month', only to lie in the end.

I don`t have FM5 or an XBOX ONE, but after seeing the new DLC trailer, I want it even more. The Alfa Romeo GTV6 looks so incredibly real in FM5, and I want to drive it.
Have to wait until October before the XBOX ONE comes to Norway, though.

Back