Mazda LM55 What's your thoughts about it?

To be honest, this is probably how PD designed the sound engine. They probably have no idea that people are complaining about the upshift/downshifts either.
Is that really from GT6.
Why can't we get those natural upshift/downshift is beyond me.
BTW the lm55 Up until now to me handles great, just got to get used to like the chaparral one, but maybe they'll patch it and it will be even easier to handle.

To be honest, this is probably how PD designed the sound engine. They probably have no idea that people are complaining about the upshift/downshifts either.
Going by the above video of the Junior in H pattern mode, it should be clear that it's a physics / control issue, not explicitly the sound engine. It just does as it's told by the other modules.

I think the car sounds epic.the front is a 10,but i'll give the back a 9.Handling i'm so happy they allowed us to tune 95% of the car.Curious even though it's AWD there is no option to change the torque split

Very lame Photoshop:
qcByZFT.jpg
That is far from lame. I think it looks pretty cool actually. Good job @magawolaz.
👍

Last edited:
5 seconds, in your dreams. :lol:
http://www.mygranturismo.net/rankings.php?sec=3&board=110
75,000 entrants for the Nurburgring Corvette Prototype TT. Best wheel time:

upload_2014-12-26_17-34-28.png

First two DS3 times:

upload_2014-12-26_17-35-20.png

Difference: 4.5 seconds.
86 out of top 100 used a wheel.

If you check this later TT you'll find the top DS3 pilot ranked at #140 and 10 seconds off the pace: http://www.mygranturismo.net/rankings.php?sec=3&board=134

DS3 users did quite well on some tracks, even won a couple of TT's if memory serves, but the top of the list is always dominated by wheel users.

I like the Mazda LM55. Its fast & sounds awesome & I like the 8 gear transmission! I wish the 787B also had the LM55 sound. I just wish it was paintable & also had the 787B racing colours available.

I'd love to know why you felt it necessary to provide this data from one of the longest tracks in the series.

His statement clearly didn't mention Nurburgring. As someone who wasn't sitting beside him as he made the post, I don't know if he intended to, I just assumed that he meant the average time difference on an average track. Y'know, the normal thing to assume.

By the logic you used, I could reply by mentioning the aforementioned tt's won by controllers and say that they are quicker, but y'know, I don't present my opinion based on extremes.

View attachment 280480

First two DS3 times:

View attachment 280481

If you check this later TT you'll find the top DS3 pilot ranked at #140 and 10 seconds off the pace: http://www.mygranturismo.net/rankings.php?sec=3&board=134

DS3 users did quite well on some tracks, even won a couple of TT's if memory serves, but the top of the list is always dominated by wheel users.

In fairness that's about five times the length of the average track in the game and it still doesn't actually reach five seconds.

View attachment 280480

First two DS3 times:

View attachment 280481

I would more accurately put it at a conventional length track of 1- 1.5 seconds.

I would more accurately put it at a conventional length track of 1- 1.5 seconds.
As someone who actually has a wheel I would say the difference is dependent on driving style and the situation in question.

I have a smooth driving style born out of tyre saving which transfers between the ds3 and dfgt equally.

If I am using a car which doesn't require too much throttle control and on Racing tyres, I tend to be more quicker with a ds3, although less comfortable.

You (@Furinkazen) will remember how I was poor in your RUF series, this was mostly due to the fact that it had little elements of throttle control and more about lock-to-lock steering. When I tested with a ds3 soon after, I was about a second faster straight off the bat.

When using the dfgt, I very rarely used more than 90 degrees of lock, I found I'd just be scrubbing speed if I did. This pretty much didn't work for the RUF on RM's, but it would work fantastically on almost anything else, working better with Sports or Comforts usually, and it meant I was light on tyres. On a ds3, I would be the same speed or slightly quicker, but I wouldn't save tyres much and I wouldn't be enjoying it. Several times I did TOCA using the DS3, and I got 3 of my wins with it, but this was when there was no tyre wear and I only did it because of rain/not bothered setting wheel up.

I'd love to know why you felt it necessary to provide this data from one of the longest tracks in the series.

His statement clearly didn't mention Nurburgring. As someone who wasn't sitting beside him as he made the post, I don't know if he intended to, I just assumed that he meant the average time difference on an average track. Y'know, the normal thing to assume.

By the logic you used, I could reply by mentioning the aforementioned tt's won by controllers and say that they are quicker, but y'know, I don't present my opinion based on extremes.
I provided some proof that in the case of the Nurb he is indeed correct.

In fairness that's about five times the length of the average track in the game and it still doesn't actually reach five seconds.
4.5 seconds...and 10 seconds.

I love the car so far, my only complaint is how unstable it can be when braking. I'm impressed by how well the wheels stick to the ground otherwise though, I can't get them to slip at all even when I open the throttle mid turn.

I love the car so far, my only complaint is how unstable it can be when braking. I'm impressed by how well the wheels stick to the ground otherwise though, I can't get them to slip at all even when I open the throttle mid turn.
Those 4wd benefits. I like that the car is a take on lmp1 of their VISION. Rotary (currently banned), 4wd (not allowed full time), 830kg (-40kg from factory cars), Mazda design language (something manufacturers like Nissan are concerned with).

I like futuristic details like carbon blades/covers inside the wheels, flaps that seem to direct the exhaust to 'blow' the rear wing, etc. Its the type of car that imagines a rulebook with more freedom.

In the form (stock) they make you drive it in the event it's a bit all over the place... Brake balance is very unstable and it wants to understeer like a brick on ice...
...oh thank GOODNESS I'm not the only one that feels this way. :P

This, and several other comments. Yeah; waiting on seeing a good tune pop up, but no argument that the lines on this are a thing of beauty.

Heres my semi-complete setup. I used Silverstone GP circuit to get it feeling better

Spring rate- stock (for now)
Toe angle- (+).10/.00
Dampers- 4/5 4/7
Roll bars- 5/5
Brake balance 6/3
Lsd- 5/10/18 front 8/8/22 rear
Downforce- 530 front 740 rear

On hard tires I was able to do 1:42's easily. Thats about a second faster than I can do with a TS030 on MEDIUM tires!

Last edited:
There could be few different livery/colors choices that the Mazda VGT might have. For examples...

mazda_100350234_l.jpg

The already mentioned and recognizable Renown colors from the 787B.

2016_GlobalMX-5_17.jpg

Mazda's current Skyactiv red scheme seen here on the new MX-5 Cup racer.

Mazda-787.jpg

This simple white/blue livery that was on the Renown's 2 sister cars from the 1991 Le Mans 24.

Mazda-Furai-5.jpg

The Furai's matte grey/red trim color scheme.

A mixture of past and current livery be great.

the blue and white is nice, I am going back to the Forza side and see if someone has it available. As for the new one, I have but have not driven it yet, it does look great though. I will test it out tomorrow.

Last edited:
From laptimes perspective, it is a beast. I managed 45" in Tsukuba in first 5 laps on RH without any great tuning and 1" faster than my tuned 787B in Laguna Seca having RH on while 787B was on RM. So, around 2.5" faster than 787B in Laguna is very fast. That instability in high speed braking is easily fixed by adding power to front brakes.

Back